Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Glee - C4 Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Glee - C4 Speed Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 16/1/2010 4:40:37 PM   
losthighway

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

Bit of useless information. I recognised the big-eyed crazy looking teacher from the ep3 promo. He was the podgy brat kid from Jurassic Park, the one who Dr Grant demonstrates the velociraptor disemboweling to. I never forget a face.

But he's mainly well known for being The Dream Child in Nightmare on Elm Street 5! I agree, he does have a very distinctive face... looks like a right bitch in Glee though!

And if anyone is interested... Glee: Season 1 DVD is released on 19th April 2010. Definate purchase me thinks - Jane Lynch is wort it alone!

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 31
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 16/1/2010 11:20:32 PM   
kathryn2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fleur

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

Ok do the cast actually sing the songs, cause you can tell it's mime in the show, just wondered if it's actually them in the studio singing the songs

Yeah it is them.

Of course, one or two of them have been helped out a bit by autotune in the studio. But most of them have musical theatre backgrounds are so are more than capable of singing for themselves. It's nice to see talented MT performers being given wider mainstream exposure - people who don't go to the theatre just don't realise how much talent is out there.

(in reply to Fleur)
Post #: 32
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 17/1/2010 9:40:46 PM   
Fletcher

Well the Glee cast version of Don't Stop Believing is No 5 in the official UK top 40. Whilst the original by Journey is No 6

'Oh come on! Everybody knows this man tried to stab me through the neck, and you MISSED!....... butter fingers!'

The Bunk is strictly a suit and tie motherfucker

(in reply to kathryn2)
Post #: 33
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 18/1/2010 12:46:55 AM   
PB~!

I can't believe just how awesome this is.  It's really really great.

no guilt in life, no fear in death

Check out my Hitchcockian Adventure in Lists and Top 10's
http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=2209701

(in reply to Fletcher)
Post #: 34
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 18/1/2010 9:55:03 AM   
primebhoy

You should you tube their 'Somebody to love'......Goosebumps!

Its on the american trailer for the season and looks like it might be on one of the later episodes, but it is really really amazing!

Episode 3 tonight, cant wait!

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to PB~!)
Post #: 35
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 18/1/2010 1:20:52 PM   
theoriginalcynic

I was looking on Amazon and the first 13 episodes come out on DVD in April BUT they're already available on region 1 DVD.  So, I could buy them now! But I think I'll wait unless I become majorly obsessed.  Which seems to be happening to alot of people already.  Two soundtrack albums and a book are already out over here.  Crazy fast phenomenon.

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 36
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 18/1/2010 1:45:45 PM   
Fleur

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

I was looking on Amazon and the first 13 episodes come out on DVD in April BUT they're already available on region 1 DVD. So, I could buy them now! But I think I'll wait unless I become majorly obsessed. Which seems to be happening to alot of people already. Two soundtrack albums and a book are already out over here. Crazy fast phenomenon.

I considered that, but I don't like buying half seasons, so Im going to wait for the whole series to come out. Are the soundtracks out here now? I thought they weren't yet?

"There's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart. If you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap... Me."

panicmoon.blogspot.com

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 37
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 18/1/2010 1:47:53 PM   
jediwarrior

quote:

quote:

I was looking on Amazon and the first 13 episodes come out on DVD in April BUT they're already available on region 1 DVD.  So, I could buy them now! But I think I'll wait unless I become majorly obsessed.  Which seems to be happening to alot of people already.  Two soundtrack albums and a book are already out over here.  Crazy fast phenomenon.

I considered that, but I don't like buying half seasons, so Im going to wait for the whole series to come out. Are the soundtracks out here now? I thought they weren't yet?

I see on Play you can buy the import soundtracks for about 11 each and it says the UK one will be out early feb (can't remember exact date)

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to Fleur)
Post #: 38
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 18/1/2010 7:21:50 PM   
Fletcher

quote:

ORIGINAL: primebhoy

You should you tube their 'Somebody to love'......Goosebumps!

Its on the american trailer for the season and looks like it might be on one of the later episodes, but it is really really amazing!

Episode 3 tonight, cant wait!

I fully agree with that. Not a massive fan of Queen but i love the Glee version of this song. It's also worth checking out their version of 'Lean on me' and 'Imagine'.

'Oh come on! Everybody knows this man tried to stab me through the neck, and you MISSED!....... butter fingers!'

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 39
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 18/1/2010 8:50:32 PM   
mustbebunnies

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

quote:

quote:

I see on Play you can buy the import soundtracks for about 11 each and it says the UK one will be out early feb (can't remember exact date)

ooo hope the soundtrack is that soon! I tunes has the date as march 1st. actually, in a way i think thats quite good, as i dont think i really want to hear all the songs before the eps. Allthough i am playing dont stop believing to death... 

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 40
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 18/1/2010 8:55:38 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

quote:

ORIGINAL: kathryn2

Of course, one or two of them have been helped out a bit by autotune in the studio. But most of them have musical theatre backgrounds are so are more than capable of singing for themselves. It's nice to see talented MT performers being given wider mainstream exposure - people who don't go to the theatre just don't realise how much talent is out there.

Have to agree - Lea Michele is astonishing!

(in reply to kathryn2)
Post #: 41
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 18/1/2010 10:05:34 PM   
theoriginalcynic

I didn't think it was as good this week, but lots of dancing cheerleaders for the straight guys amongst us  I like it that they're mixing it up and not doing the same thing every week I just thought it wasn't as entertaining.

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 18/1/2010 10:13:51 PM >

(in reply to Dirty Hartigan)
Post #: 42
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 18/1/2010 11:26:32 PM   
Lazy wolf eyes

I liked the return of the gay teacher, he's brilliant. 

If God had wanted us to walk everywhere he wouldn't have given us Little Chefs.

Post #: 43
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 19/1/2010 9:16:53 AM   
Fleur

quote:

I didn't think it was as good this week, but lots of dancing cheerleaders for the straight guys amongst us I like it that they're mixing it up and not doing the same thing every week I just thought it wasn't as entertaining.

I think ep3 is the weakest one of the series, next week however, is amazing!

"There's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart. If you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap... Me."

panicmoon.blogspot.com

Post #: 44
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 19/1/2010 9:30:35 AM   
James2183

So it would seem everyone in that school can sing...

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Fleur)
Post #: 45
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 19/1/2010 2:31:14 PM   
kathryn2

But not dance.....

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 46
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 19/1/2010 5:41:58 PM   
Fletcher

Just caught the end of it. Josh Groban was very funny and self deprecating

"Josh Groban does't go for the screaming teenage girls. Josh Groban goes for the alcoholic middle aged ladies in blouses"

(in reply to kathryn2)
Post #: 47
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 19/1/2010 6:36:39 PM   
MI Cruise

Last night's episode wasnt as great as the pilot however it still had some good songs and was enjoyable, what more do you want.

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to swordsandsandals)
Post #: 48
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 19/1/2010 7:12:55 PM   
theoriginalcynic

An episode that's as good as the pilot lol

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 49
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 20/1/2010 9:45:51 AM   
losthighway

Acafellas... Seeing the older guys singing and dancing; don't get me wrong, all power to them but it was another cringeworthy moment i'm afraid. I loved how the gay lad's dad had bought him a massive 4x4 because he had stopped wearing feminine clothes but then took it back when he found his secret stash of tiaras. Classic!  Jane Lynch - underused in this episode but still brilliant when on screen. Unfortunately, I foolishly read the Glee article in this month's Attitude magazine and it has pretty much spoiled all the major storylines coming up - yes i'll still be watching the show because i'm enjoying it but when you're trying to sell a show to readers, don't signpost every major plotpoint (and even some one-liners!!). Bad journalism!

Oh and someone on here said they can't see this show having any longevity. I couldn't disagree more! I think as long as they can keep the storylines fresh, the music/song element will just follow the current hits... **VERY MINOR SPOILER** Apparently there is a comment in one of the later episodes about a Glee song on itunes being the most played! And speaking of songs, there is a whole episode dedicated to Madonna songs, that'll be amazing!

Post #: 50
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 20/1/2010 12:52:47 PM   
Funkyrae

Madonna episodes and J Lo being lined up to be in it.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2815331/J-Lo-to-be-Glees-dinner-lady.html

However I have the feeling that she is going to be the most glamourous dinner lady in history.

That's me that is!

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 51
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 23/1/2010 10:37:47 PM   
losthighway

Re-watched the pilot and Showmance this morning on T4...Loving it! So, i've just ordered the R1 DVD of the first 13 episodes - 20! It includes the Director's Cut of the pilot (which aired on E4 anyway) plus a load of other extras. I can't do with waiting another 3 months for it to arrive on R2 DVD! I don't mind paying for half a season either because the second half of S1 isn't due to start in the USA until May(!), so the Season 1 DVD certainly won't surface until at least September/October.

Sue is my hero!

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 52
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 24/1/2010 8:16:59 PM   
paul.mccluskey

I've only just watched the pilot and the second episode. Surprisingly, I enjoyed both. I was expecting Glee to be like High School Musical, but the soundtrack is music that we all know and love. Will be watching this every Sunday I think.

Jane Lynch is awesome.

"Lady Justice wept today..."

< Message edited by paul.mccluskey -- 24/1/2010 8:17:28 PM >

My DVD Collection

Do not walk away in silence...

Post #: 53
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 25/1/2010 9:35:54 AM   
primebhoy

Supposed to be one of the best episode tonight, caught the trailer and now understand why 4 or 5 of my friends text me after last weeks to say i was just on tv! Single ladies!

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to paul.mccluskey)
Post #: 54
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 25/1/2010 10:06:32 PM   
theoriginalcynic

I thought the first half was poor and then the baby storyline kicked in and the end was pretty funny.  But for me, the pilot is still the best episode so far... and I'm not liking this as much as I thought I would.

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 55
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 25/1/2010 10:54:35 PM   
juanvasquez

I'm loving it. I think it gets better every episode. Thinking of getting the R1 DVD.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

Post #: 56
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 26/1/2010 10:23:36 AM   
losthighway

The episode on E4 last night - 'Preggers' - is some of the best TV i've watched in a long while. It was EXCELLENT! (with caps for added emphasis! ). I loved it! The whole Single Ladies dance routine with the football team was inspired, the coming out heartfelt and I can totally see how this show, even through it's ott camp sensibilities, will hopefully be breaking down some barriers in the US regarding gay rights. Soo pleased i've bought the R1 DVD, its worth the price for that episode alone. As for the pilot still being the best yet, i'm starting to sway to be honest - only 4 episodes in and the script has already opened up and is a lot more bitchy/'risque' than that opening episode - and all the better for it imho!

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 57
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 26/1/2010 10:27:18 AM   
theoriginalcynic

I don't think anything has been as good as the don't stop believing routine.

Post #: 58
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 26/1/2010 1:10:26 PM   
Felix

The episode last night was brilliant, dont think ive laughed as much as when the football team started dancing for ages. The scene between Kurt and his Dad at the end was excellent too, the show seems to balance the daft and touching brilliantly.

< Message edited by Felix -- 26/1/2010 1:23:52 PM >

[This space for rent] -

Post #: 59
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 26/1/2010 1:23:20 PM   
homersimpson_esq

"All you wanted for your birthday was a pair of sensible heels."

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Glee - C4 Speed Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI