Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Soundgarden are Back!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Soundgarden are Back! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Soundgarden are Back! - 8/11/2012 12:08:09 PM   
jonson

Even more gutted I can't go now - although I would have loved to see Jesus Christ Pose live again, surprised they're not shoe-horning it in somewhere.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Karl Crutchley)
Post #: 91
RE: Soundgarden are Back! - 8/11/2012 8:09:44 PM   
Mister Coe

Will I get a whole load of shit thrown at me if I say that I always liked Soundgarden WAY better than either Pearl Jam or Nirvana?

*ducks for cover*

Say what now?

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 92
RE: Soundgarden are Back! - 8/11/2012 9:14:17 PM   
paul.mccluskey

Listening to an online stream of King Animal at the moment. It's a cracker of a record. Loud and heavy, with some great melodies, the band are on fire over 13 songs. Been Away Too Long, Black Saturday, Worse Dreams and Rowing are the standout tracks for me.

< Message edited by paul.mccluskey -- 8/11/2012 9:15:23 PM >

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 93
RE: Soundgarden are Back! - 8/11/2012 11:08:28 PM   
Karl Crutchley

Rowing is an ace blues-y sounding tune
Still not been able to listen to the full album at any volume yet to get the full experience as my pc is in the room next to where my kids are sleeping

oh well, just have to hear it live tomorrow instead!

(in reply to paul.mccluskey)
Post #: 94
RE: Soundgarden are Back! - 9/11/2012 7:38:33 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

Will I get a whole load of shit thrown at me if I say that I always liked Soundgarden WAY better than either Pearl Jam or Nirvana?

*ducks for cover*

no, not at all. I'm the same. I was a grunge kid in the early 90's, I guess Nirvana were the poster band for the scene, along with Pearl Jam (more radio friendly) but Soundgarden I enjoyed more as I liked the clever stuff. They were (IMO) better musicians, their songs were better structured and to be honest I just thought they looked cooler.

quote:

oh well, just have to hear it live tomorrow instead!

you bast@@D enjoy it though, gutted, absolutely gutted I can't go. I'm thinking this might be the last chance

Really looking forward to this new album now. I've heard nothing at all, so on the day of release it'll be like watching a new film without seeing a trailer.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 95
RE: Soundgarden are Back! - 9/11/2012 11:06:41 AM   
Karl Crutchley

It was a bit of a panic trying to get tickets
I missed out on the Album preorder presale as my work pc wont let me access personal emails where the code was,
Was only offered Level 3 standing in the O2 presale (Stalls standing or nothing for me!)
managed to get some in the LiveNation presale.
Sold out in less than 15 mins on general sale

Well looking forward to it
Even though Shepherds Bush Empire is a dreadful venue.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 96
RE: Soundgarden are Back! - 9/11/2012 4:06:09 PM   
Larry of Arabia

I've listened to the new one and...

... I like it.

Eyelid's Mouth and Rowing are two great closers, I'll have to give it a few more spins to pick out more but Halfway There and Black Saturday stood out as well.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

(in reply to Karl Crutchley)
Post #: 97
RE: Soundgarden are Back! - 14/11/2012 12:16:44 PM   
wombathog

Why the fuck did i shell out all those extra pounds to get the 'Deluxe' edition? It's just 3 demo tracks that I'll probably only listen to twice.

But on a postive note, the album sounds good so far...admittedly at work so not too loud - I already had the 'What are you listening to?' and blank faces all round when i said Soundgarden.

'Would you mind dear sir if I asked you a question, If music be the food of love are you the indigestion?'

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 98
RE: Soundgarden are Back! - 14/11/2012 3:52:58 PM   
Karl Crutchley

I shelled out even more pounds for the UK Super Deluxe edition to get 5 demo tracks I'll probably only listen to twice!

That is if Universal can actually get off their arse and send it to me.

Grrr! I wanted it on day of release godammit!

(in reply to wombathog)
Post #: 99
RE: Soundgarden are Back! - 15/11/2012 1:07:49 PM   
emogeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: wombathog

Why the fuck did i shell out all those extra pounds to get the 'Deluxe' edition? It's just 3 demo tracks that I'll probably only listen to twice.

But on a postive note, the album sounds good so far...admittedly at work so not too loud - I already had the 'What are you listening to?' and blank faces all round when i said Soundgarden.

Probably just me, but the demo versions actually sound better than the finished tracks on the album.

It's an okay album, but there's just something missing. Nothing on there jumps out and grabs me by the throat, and, listening to it in the car this morning, I found my mind wandering away from it at times. Now, but a few hours later, I can remember nothing of it. It was fairly forgettable stuff.

Hoping it will properly grow on me after a few spins, but at the moment I'm not feeling it.

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to wombathog)
Post #: 100
RE: Soundgarden are Back! - 15/11/2012 5:51:46 PM   
jonson

Hmm, emogeek, I can't disagree. I've listened to it all the way through just twice. Nothing has grabbed me just yet.
One of the things that I loved about SG was the fact you could never tell which way a song was going to go. I would say about 99% of the bands I have listeneed to, you can feel/sense when the choruse/verse/middle 8 is coming, whereas Soundgarden are just so unpredictable, which is one of the reasons they are my favourite band from that era (talking about my grunge years from 1989-1996 )
Badmotorfinger and Superunknown had me hooked from minute 1.
Down on the Upside took some listening too.
I think possibly this album will be more of the same, I just expected something, I don't know, mid-blowing, after a 6 year hiatus.
Still, far too early to overly critisise just yet, a few more listens will be required

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 101
RE: Soundgarden are Back! - 22/11/2012 9:17:03 AM   
Peter Griffin

As above nothings grabbed me yet, needs a few more spins though i think.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 102
RE: Soundgarden are Back! - 5/6/2013 9:38:12 PM   
emogeek

So, anyone seeing them in September?

Got tickets for Manchester - hoping they stick more to classic era than King Animal, which is still lacking that certain something.

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 103
RE: Soundgarden are Back! - 6/6/2013 8:58:56 PM   
paul.mccluskey

No Scottish date !

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 104
RE: Soundgarden are Back! - 15/9/2013 2:01:55 PM   
emogeek

Well, saw them friday night and.... simply outstanding.

The new stuff sounded a hell of a lot better live, and, although I would have swapped a couple of tunes (ie they didn't play JCP or Slaves and Buldozers) it was a pretty awesome setlist.

And for Cornell to perform Beyond The Wheel to near perfection after nearly two hours of screaming his lungs out is bloody impressive

(in reply to paul.mccluskey)
Post #: 105
RE: Soundgarden are Back! - 16/9/2013 7:52:58 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: emogeek

Well, saw them friday night and.... simply outstanding.

The new stuff sounded a hell of a lot better live, and, although I would have swapped a couple of tunes (ie they didn't play JCP or Slaves and Buldozers) it was a pretty awesome setlist.

And for Cornell to perform Beyond The Wheel to near perfection after nearly two hours of screaming his lungs out is bloody impressive

OK, so this post just made me cry
I was this (stands with his fingers apart by about 3mm) close to getting some tickets. I am so disorganised sometimes, gutted I didn't make it.
Many months on from our posts above regarding the new album, I must say it's a grower. I do really enjoy it now. Worse Dreams is a great song - did they play that live?

Very jealous....

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 106
RE: Soundgarden are Back! - 16/9/2013 9:54:46 PM   
emogeek

They didn't play it in Manchester, but according to setlistfm they played it in Brum on Saturday (looking at the setlists on there, they have been mixing up the sets each night).

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 107
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Soundgarden are Back! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI