Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 Page: <<   < prev  64 65 [66] 67 68   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 2/2/2010 8:07:36 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Piles

quote:

ORIGINAL: swordsandsandals

Another one I watched a while ago but forgot to add to my list.

The Royal Tenenbaums - 3/5 - If films could talk, this one would be screaming LOOK AT ME, I'M INDIE!!! MY CHARACTERS ARE SOOO DYSFUNCTIONAL!!!!! Still quite good though.

Not really, though. I found the characters to be much more natural and the family unit to be much better formed than in other Indy films like, say, "Little Miss Sunshine", which is good but certainly sticks its characters with some cliches. "The Royal Tenenbaums", for me, introduces them with a cliche and then slowly unravels these realistic, layered characters whose turmoil is not a gimmick but what makes them so interesting in the first place.

*Nods* And Tenenbaums is following a great literary tradition in its influences, it's trying to recreate the Glass family through Anderson's eyes. There's a lot more depth to Tenenbaums (and Anderson's work in general) than simple Indie cliche.

(in reply to Piles)
Post #: 1951
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 2/2/2010 8:40:41 PM   
jamesbondguy

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

the Glass family

You had to go and remind me, Rawl, didn't you?

Just like Geoffrey Ingram.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 1952
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 2/2/2010 9:21:11 PM   
TheManWithNoShame

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

For future reference, the use of the word "retard" as an insult is not acceptable.

Quoting someone using that term just means inevitable edits.

That's well .

< Message edited by elab49 -- 2/2/2010 9:26:21 PM >

sorry jbg :( i promise to stop being such a silly boy.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 1953
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 2/2/2010 9:26:58 PM   
elab49

Odd sense of humour there, TMWNS. Posting just for the edit?

Please see Forum rules in Empire Online.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to TheManWithNoShame)
Post #: 1954
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 2/2/2010 9:47:00 PM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

ORIGINAL: rick_7

The Big Easy (Jim McBride, 1986) - I'd always wondered why Dennis Quaid was a star - and now I know. He's excellent here as a Cajun cop with a shark grin and a sideline in the protection racket. The Big Easy is a richly atmospheric New Orleans-set thriller charting two investigations that dovetail into one, in typical (neo-)noir fashion. The first sees Quaid looking into a series of grisly murders - apparently the result of a drug war. The second has DA Ellen Barkin tackling suspected police corruption, and being drawn towards charismatic tough guy Quaid. The dialogue in the opening scene is a touch mannered, but soon the stylised exchanges start to ring true, and the smart plotting, fine Cajun song score and sizzling Quaid-Barkin chemistry begins to work their magic. Though the whodunnit element is a little too obvious, this is a fine piece of work, and vastly superior to the similar Sea of Love. I never thought I'd say this - but which other Dennis Quaid movies are worth seeking out? (3.5)

Frequency. Just Frequency.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

(in reply to rick_7)
Post #: 1955
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 2/2/2010 9:48:36 PM   
elab49

quote:

quote:

The Big Easy (Jim McBride, 1986) - I'd always wondered why Dennis Quaid was a star - and now I know. He's excellent here as a Cajun cop with a shark grin and a sideline in the protection racket. The Big Easy is a richly atmospheric New Orleans-set thriller charting two investigations that dovetail into one, in typical (neo-)noir fashion. The first sees Quaid looking into a series of grisly murders - apparently the result of a drug war. The second has DA Ellen Barkin tackling suspected police corruption, and being drawn towards charismatic tough guy Quaid. The dialogue in the opening scene is a touch mannered, but soon the stylised exchanges start to ring true, and the smart plotting, fine Cajun song score and sizzling Quaid-Barkin chemistry begins to work their magic. Though the whodunnit element is a little too obvious, this is a fine piece of work, and vastly superior to the similar Sea of Love. I never thought I'd say this - but which other Dennis Quaid movies are worth seeking out? (3.5)

Rick - it may just have been PA I meant when I said others liked Frequency a lot more than me!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 1956
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 2/2/2010 9:54:25 PM   
jamesbondguy

PA, have you realised that being Mexican is different from being Spanish yet?

Just like Geoffrey Ingram.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1957
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 2/2/2010 9:54:25 PM   
siegfried

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

quote:

Rick - it may just have been PA I meant when I said others liked Frequency a lot more than me!

Breaking Away, Enemy Mine, Suspect, and a superb performance in Far From Heaven.

"Premeditated murder is one thing, but I will not have lying in this house."

Marriage is one of those things that is best gotten over with in youth - like chicken pox.

Not only is there no God, but try getting a plumber on weekends.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1958
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 2/2/2010 9:55:03 PM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's because Frequency is excellent, and deserves that love.

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1959
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 2/2/2010 9:58:10 PM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

ORIGINAL: jamesbondguy

PA, have you realised that being Mexican is different from being Spanish yet?

I have. I honestly thought Del Toro was Spanish (Pan's + Devil's Backbone), and I couldn't be arsed looking up the other guy. So there you go. My untapped reservoir of latent racism leaks yet again.

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

(in reply to jamesbondguy)
Post #: 1960
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 2/2/2010 11:12:10 PM   
KnightofZyryab

Latest addition:

The hype of Avatar never really setlled with me despite reading Empire's constant adoration of everything Cameron and glowing 5 star review. Nonetheless I expected a spectacle and it delivered, with some stunning action sequences and transcendent cinematography all rendered seamlessly in 3D. The final epic battle is wonderfully shot and you cannot deny the thrill that Cameron is still able to produce. Unfortunately, films are built on more than the element of fantastic abandon, and Cameron's deficiencies as a writer and filmmaker are evident here. The film suffers from a mediocre script, mostly spouted via the rote pyschotic general character, played by some guy who I can't remember the name of, and won't try to remember, because his performance is laughably bad, and a one note Giovanni Ribisi who I usually quite like. The characters are types, but that is precisely what is wrong with Caneron's characterisations. Sigourney gets points for a best effort with the B movie script (roots which Cameron never left) and Worthington is fairly watchable, but by and large performances are uninteresting, Zoe Saldana possibly delivers the most emotive performance, as a Na'Vi tribeswoman falling in love with Jake's avatar. Plot wise it is a pretty straight forward imperialist invasion-triumphant resistance story with the tropes of self-discovery and enlightenment but positively which are handled quite poignantly in places, and some of Jake's and Neytiri's scenes are genuinely moving. Like Titanic however the film is bloated and excessive in its exposition and length - it really could have been half an hour shorter and would have been all the better for it. Cameron more so than say Tarantino is scuppered by an inability to edit his own indulgences with technology, but more glaringly his characterisation and scriptwriting is the most disappointing aspect which drags the film down from the technical brilliance of the special effects. I respect Cameron as a visionary film-maker , but he really has not made a truly great film for over two decades now.

7/10

< Message edited by KnightofZyryab -- 2/2/2010 11:33:12 PM >

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 1961
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 2/2/2010 11:48:15 PM   
swordsandsandals

Tenenbaums was so consciously offbeat though. Little Miss Sunshine, whilst still being very indie in its tone and characters, had much more pace and humour than Tenenbaums. I think I may have preferred the Darjeeling Limited. Maybe. Those are the only two Wes Anderson films I've seen.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rawlinson

Swords is right about everything.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Swords smells like bum.

(in reply to KnightofZyryab)
Post #: 1962
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 3/2/2010 12:13:13 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Ratings now, reviews tomorrow.

Treeless Mountain 3/5

Precious: Based On The Novel "Shit" By Sapphire 2/5

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to swordsandsandals)
Post #: 1963
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 3/2/2010 12:15:01 AM   
swordsandsandals

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Ratings now, reviews tomorrow.

Treeless Mountain 3/5

Precious: Based On The Novel "Shit" By Sapphire 2/5

Wow Precious is getting quite a slamming on these boards. I'm going to see it tomorrow, but I'm very rarely negative about a films I see at the cinema. I gave spiderman 3 4 stars.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rawlinson

Swords is right about everything.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Swords smells like bum.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 1964
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 3/2/2010 12:55:55 AM   
Rhubarb

I didn't like Precious either.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

Post #: 1965
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 3/2/2010 1:26:35 AM   
Deviation

Limelight (Charlie Chaplin, 1952)- USA - 9/10

Aside from an odd clunky, risible moment (I AM WALKING I AM WALKING, some dialogue deliveries by Bloom), this could have been Chaplin's best. A true work of art, and the Keaton/Chaplin duo is a joy and has in itself a great poignancy (like old times). And I almost cried, if that an accident happened that meant that I had to finish the film the next day.. Actually that made my cry. It's almost as close to perfection as City Lights is. What a great way to end January.

Spring is here
Birds are calling
Skunks are crawling
Wagging their tales for love.

Forgive me Chaplin for not giving a more worthy review.

Labyrinth (Jan Lenica, 1963)- POL - 8/10

Quite a fascinating short.

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (Phil Lord and Chris Miller, 2009)- USA - 8/10

It's really quite good.

City Lights- 10/10
Manhattan- 9/10
Limelight- 9/10
The Cat Piano- 9/10
Moods of the Sea- 9/10
Kes- 9
A Phantasy- 9
Letters From Iwo Jima- 8.9/10
A Night to Remember- 8.8/10
Sanjuro- 8.5/10
Wendy and Lucy- 8.5/10
The Thin Man- 8.5/10
Ride the High Country- 8.5/10
Bob Le Flambeur- 8.5/10
Death in Venice- 8.5/10
Italian for Beginners- 8.5/10
Alma- 8.5/10
Whale Rider- 8.5/10
Picnic with Wiessmann- 8.4/10
My Darling Clementine- 8/10
The Hurt Locker- 8/10
Primer- 8/10
Zombieland- 8/10
Brushed with Death- 8/10
Werner Herzog Eats his Shoe- 8/10
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events- 7/10
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince- 7/10
Paranormal Activity- 6.5/10
Nine-6/10
The Place Promised in Our Early Days- 6/10
Surrogates- 4/10
Herr Meets Hare- 4/10
The Hangover- 4/10

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

I really wish I could go down to see Privates

Post #: 1966
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 3/2/2010 1:27:52 AM   
Gram123

Clearing off the backlog from the Sky box...

002) The Innocents  (Jack Clayton, USA, 1961, Broadcast) - 8.0
Generally really good, dark film with a creepy performance from the young Martin Stephens, and Peter Wyngarde popping up like Bob in Twin Peaks (miles away from Jason King!).
The only down side for me, really, was that Ms Giddens seemed to formulate her plan out of thin air without much rationale.

008) Kamikaze Girls  (Nakashima Tetsuya, Japan, 2004, DVD) - 6.5
Japanese film about a pair of misfit teenage girls who overcome their differences and become friends. One a Rococo-obsessed loner who sports a super frilly "lolita" look, the other, a member of an all-girl biker gang.
It's highly stylised, and has a brightly-coloured real-life-manga look. It's also quite humorous and massively OTT in places, in that quirky way some Japanese films can be. A bit emroidery-heavy for my liking, and it loses it a bit towards the end, but it's quite fun.

Documentaries:

001) Encounters at the End of the World  (Werner Herzog, USA, 2007, Broadcast) - 7.0
An interesting if somewhat unfocussed doco from Herzog, with some beatiful scenery and a fairly unusual selection of interviewees.

Gram123's Top Songs Project

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 1967
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 3/2/2010 1:43:44 AM   
Rhubarb

He never finds out why Monkeys don't ride goats though, which is a shame.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 1968
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 3/2/2010 2:24:03 AM   
Miles Messervy 007

24. To Kill a Mockingbird (1962, Mulligan)
I really (really) liked the novel when I read it a year or so ago, and since we own the film I figured I'd give it a go. It's semi-disappointing. Obviously it's always the case with book adaptations - unless you've seen the film first, most of the time it can never live up to the expectations. In this case, the expectations are even higher because the film's very beloved (Empire, AFI, imdb, TSPDT, the lot).
Well, let's discuss the film itself. Peck is great, perhaps he didn't deserve to win over O'Toole, but Oscars are meaningless anyway (which is why we keep arguing about them all the time...), and they're totally different performances so maybe shouldn't be compared at all. Badham is also great for her age, though I didn't quite buy her as a 6-7-year-old (then again I always thought the character seemed too mature for her age, too). Dill's role is cut significantly, and this may actually make him annoying (or perhaps it's the actor's fault). Duvall is great in a short role, too. Most of the supporting actors didn't really click with me though, making meaningful scenes from the book seem contrived.
Now it may sound like I disliked the film. I didn't. The courtroom scenes have been done better, but they're still impressive, and the technical aspects of the film are top-notch, especially the score, which is really not technical at all. I'm a huge Elmer Bernstein fan and the main theme is one of the most beautiful things he's ever done in my opinion. This alone makes the film worthy in my opinion, and although it isn't faithful, it manages to stand on its own, gaining a pretty high 7

quote:

jamesbondguy:
Miles is clearly the finest film theorist of his generation

quote:

Deviation:
if it isn't ham, I'll eat a living pig.

(in reply to DCMaximo)
Post #: 1969
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 3/2/2010 3:06:47 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: swordsandsandals

Wow Precious is getting quite a slamming on these boards.

Because it's the worst film of the last year. Sidibe gives a decent debut performance and that's it, everything else has escaped from the foul pits of hell to infest cinema screens across the world.

quote:

I gave spiderman 3 4 stars.

You gave it 34 stars?

quote:

002) The Innocents  (Jack Clayton, USA, 1961, Broadcast) - 8.0

An 8/10 from you is like calling it one of the 100 greatest films ever made, which is of course correct.

Post #: 1970
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 3/2/2010 5:48:37 AM   
rawlinson

42. The Bourne Identity (2002; Doug Liman)

I watched all the Bourne films on their first release and had the same problem with all three, I couldn't remember anything about them the next day. There was Matt Damon, and some fights, and some other stuff. And that was it. So I thought it was about time I revisited them. The Bourne Identity is a decent little thriller, even quite exciting at times. It doesn't ever stretch Damon, Potente is poor, and Owen is lifeless. Chris Cooper delivers the best actual piece of acting in the film, but all in all it's not much above your average generic thriller. It's a promising start though and better than I expected.

7/10

(in reply to GoodBadGroovy)
Post #: 1971
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 3/2/2010 7:33:12 AM   
rawlinson

43. The Bourne Supremacy (2004; Paul Greengrass)

A far superior sequel, Greengrass ups the tension and feels a more natural director for the material than Liman. The addition of Joan Allen helps the film greatly and Damon is given more freedom to actually act this time around, in fact it's probably his best work outside of Ripley. The storyline feels more involving than the first film as well and it seems more interested in actually giving us something a bit more than the usual generic action movie. A really pleasant surprise.

8/10

Shorts

21. Inhabitants (1970; Artavazd Peleshian)

Very little of humanity's presence is felt in this film, making it the first step towards the pastoral tendancies of Seasons. Humans are merely alluded to and even then they seem to be causing chaos. Inhabitants is filled with migrations and stampedes and scenes of the animal kingdom generally in turmoil. Peleshian seems to be revisiting the troubled history of his country through the metaphor of animals being terrified by higher powers. Interesting, but not his best.

7.5/10

(in reply to GoodBadGroovy)
Post #: 1972
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 3/2/2010 8:42:05 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

February

1. The Road (1st view, 2009, John Hillcoat) - 4/5*
2. The Twilight Samurai (1st view, 2002, Yji Yamada) - 4/5*
3. Woodstock (1st view, 1970, Michael Wadleigh) - 4/5*
4, The Princess and the Frog (1st view, 2009, Ron Clements, John Musker) - 4/5*
5. The Battle of the River Plate (1st view, 1956, Michael Powell/Emeric Pressburger) - 4/5*
6. Angels and Demons (2nd view, 2009, Ron Howard) - 4/5
7. Witchfinder General (2nd view, 1968, Michael Reeves) - 4/5
8. Dead Calm (3rd view, 1989, Phillip Noyce) - 4/5
9. Sophie Scholl: The Final Days/Sophie Scholl Die letzten Tage (1st view, 2005, Marc Rothemund) - 4/5*
10. Mimic (3rd view, 1997, Guillermo del Toro) - 4/5

11. The 5000 Fingers of Dr. T. (2nd view, 1953, Roy Rowland) - 4/5
12. The Bedford Incident (1st view, 1965, James B. Harris) - 4/5*
13. The Reckless Moment (1st view, 1949, by Max Ophls) - 4/5*
14. Edge Of Darkness (1st view, 2010, Martin Campbell) - 4/5*
15. A Man Of No Importance (1st view, 1994, Suri Krishnamma) - 4/5*
16. Vacancy (2nd view, 2007, Nimrd Antal) - 4/5
17. Carmen Jones (1st view, 1954, Otto Preminger) - 4/5*
18. In The Loop (1st view, 2009, Armando Iannucci) - 3/5*
19. The Wolfman (12st view, 2010, Joe Johnston) - 3/5*
20. Barnum (1st view, 1986, Lee Philips) - 3/5*

21. Adrift (1st view, 2006, Hans Horn) - 3/5*
22. My Neighbor Totoro (1st view, 1988, Hayao Miyazaki) - 3/5*
23. Solaris (1st view, 1972, Andrei Tarkovsky) - 3/5*
24. Mamma Mia! (1st view, 2008, Phyllida Lloyd) - 3/5*

quote:

43. The Bourne Supremacy (2004; Paul Greengrass)

A far superior sequel, Greengrass ups the tension and feels a more natural director for the material than Liman. The addition of Joan Allen helps the film greatly and Damon is given more freedom to actually act this time around, in fact it's probably his best work outside of Ripley. The storyline feels more involving than the first film as well and it seems more interested in actually giving us something a bit more than the usual generic action movie. A really pleasant surprise.

8/10

You forget the fact that it stars Eomer and Celeborn!

28. Edge Of Darkness (1st view, 2010, Martin Campbell) - 4/5*
I imagine fans of the show this is based on will hate, loathe, abhor, detest, revile, scorn and vilify this film, and probably with good reason. Myself, on the other hand, having not seen the show and also lacking taste, quite liked it. Even I gasped in disbelief at one point though, a logic-defying moment of action.

< Message edited by Gimli The Dwarf -- 4/3/2010 12:22:03 AM >

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 1973
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 3/2/2010 8:45:28 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf
I imagine fans of the show this is based on will hate, loathe, abhor, detest, revile, scorn and vilify this film, and probably with good reason. Myself, on the other hand, having not seen the show and also lacking taste, quite liked it.

Oh God.

Elab's going to kill you.

She'll hurt you.

I'm scared.

Run

Run while you still can.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 1974
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 3/2/2010 9:03:34 AM   
MOTH

quote:

ORIGINAL: siegfried

quote:

quote:

quote:

Breaking Away, Enemy Mine, Suspect, and a superb performance in Far From Heaven.

He was pretty good as Doc Holliday in Wyatt Earp, and Innerspace and Great Balls of Fire are good fun.

I've only gone and set up a blog! This week I've been mostly reviewing The Lego Movie and Wadjda. Click: The Fast Picture Show

(in reply to siegfried)
Post #: 1975
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 3/2/2010 9:10:27 AM   
rawlinson

44. The Bourne Ultimatum (2007; Paul Greengrass)

Despite the hype, it's a bit of a comedown from the last film. With parts of it feeling a bit too obvious (especially the ending) and with nothing in the film to quite match up to Damon's confession to a victim's daughter in Supremacy. There's a great supporting turn from Paddy Considine though and in general it's still a better film than Identity. The trilogy as a whole is of a far better standard than I'd probably expect it to be, and I wish Greengrass had got his Oscar nom for one of these rather than for the mechanical United 93.

7.5/10

(in reply to MOTH)
Post #: 1976
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 3/2/2010 10:08:00 AM   
elab49

quote:

quote:

I imagine fans of the show this is based on will hate, loathe, abhor, detest, revile, scorn and vilify this film, and probably with good reason. Myself, on the other hand, having not seen the show and also lacking taste, quite liked it.

Oh God.

She'll hurt you.

I'm scared.

Run

Run while you still can.

Just watch the damn show, Gimli. It's like 3 now. I'll paypal you it. Get the DVD. It isn't some dry thriller. The original ending was supposed to have the lead turning into a tree - doesn't that sound like the kind of thing you'll love?

I'll give you till then to rejig the score.

Then someone else gets a shot at top score count. IN case someone accidentally hits the delete all button on yours.

quote:

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 1977
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 3/2/2010 10:15:54 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

The original ending was supposed to have the lead turning into a tree - doesn't that sound like the kind of thing you'll love?

They stole that from Seeds of Evil.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1978
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 3/2/2010 10:26:54 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh God.

She'll hurt you.

I'm scared.

Run

Run while you still can.

Just watch the damn show, Gimli. It's like 3 now. I'll paypal you it. Get the DVD. It isn't some dry thriller. The original ending was supposed to have the lead turning into a tree - doesn't that sound like the kind of thing you'll love?

I'll give you till then to rejig the score.

Then someone else gets a shot at top score count. IN case someone accidentally hits the delete all button on yours.

That's me sold!

Don't delete my posts. Pretty please! I'm about to confirm my order right now!

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1979
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 3/2/2010 10:39:40 AM   
rawlinson

Shorts

22. Forklift Driver Klaus (2000; Stefan Prehn, Jorg Wagner)

I often forget just how funny this German short actually is until I rewatch it. The film is a parody of 70s training videos for safety in the workplace. Klaus has just qualified to drive forklifts and we follow his first day on the job in a warehouse, learning about the potential safety hazards along the way. The short gets gorier and gorier as people lose various limbs and there's the best use of a chainsaw in a film since the Evil Dead trilogy, which seems to have been a big influence on the slapstick splatter style of the film.

9/10

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 1980
Page:   <<   < prev  64 65 [66] 67 68   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 Page: <<   < prev  64 65 [66] 67 68   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI