Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 Page: <<   < prev  45 46 [47] 48 49   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 24/1/2010 6:51:44 PM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

8. Two-Lane Blacktop (Monte Hellman, 1971) - 4.5/5

Yes!

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to FritzlFan)
Post #: 1381
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 24/1/2010 7:02:35 PM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

Still should it be used as a criticism? It's quite lazy

If you know what it means and you are using it deliberately it isn't lazy - it'd be silly to dig out your thesaurus to dig out a new term for something that already has a perfectly good one.

How does one define pretentious?

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1382
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 24/1/2010 7:13:49 PM   
elab49

Same way most dictionaries do I guess. And if that is the impression you get from a film, it isn't, for me, a lazy criticism but a description of what you think you're seeing.

Even if it can get annoying if some people use it as a byword for anything foreign! But then challenge the use - but only the same way you would any other word used to describe a film if you don't agree with it. It just isn't any different, IMO.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 1383
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 24/1/2010 7:33:56 PM   
Epiphany Demon

You can't see Antichrist and tell me it's not the definition of pretentious though

THE ALTERNATIVE LOOK AT BOB DYLAN'S DISCOGRAPHY - ONE DAY MAYBE I'LL FINISH IT

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1384
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 24/1/2010 7:44:13 PM   
Olaf

quote:

Same way most dictionaries do I guess. And if that is the impression you get from a film, it isn't, for me, a lazy criticism but a description of what you think you're seeing.

Even if it can get annoying if some people use it as a byword for anything foreign! But then challenge the use - but only the same way you would any other word used to describe a film if you don't agree with it. It just isn't any different, IMO.

I wasn't actually challenging its usage. I was just asking what the accepted definition for it in film terms is.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1385
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 24/1/2010 7:45:15 PM   
Epiphany Demon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

quote:

I wasn't actually challenging its usage. I was just asking what the accepted definition for it in film terms is.

Don't worry Olafferty, Elab's just drunk again.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 1386
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 24/1/2010 8:17:01 PM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: Epiphany Demon

You can't see Antichrist and tell me it's not the definition of pretentious though

NO

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Epiphany Demon)
Post #: 1387
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 24/1/2010 8:27:06 PM   
elab49

Olaf - I'm not really sure. Would that mean a single set of criteria? Or just an individual justification.

I think Kiss Me Deadly is pretentious - Aldrich with his tick list and Hammer with his hack dialogue, both giving a veneer to something they can't sustain. Lots of others clearly don't, though, as it is terribly popular.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Epiphany Demon)
Post #: 1388
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 24/1/2010 8:30:04 PM   
impqueen

17. Dare mo shiranai / Nobody Knows (Koreeda, 2004) JPN (First View)
23. Sud pralad / Tropical Malady (Weerasethakul, 2004) THA (First View)
41. The Terminal (Spielberg, 2004) USA

Yes, always.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1389
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 24/1/2010 8:52:28 PM   
_Eraserhead_

I just watched this year's first two five-star films in a row, so I'll do a little update here...

Sherlock Jr.
During the first act I was starting to wonder why on earth this was considered among the best Keaton films, but since he stepped into the screen the film unveiled the most perfect half hour of slapstick I have ever seen. Sherlock Jr. has several impressive scenes that makes you go "how the hell did they do that?". I think I spent an hour on the internet afterwards to out how he performed the different stunts and visual gags. Keaton's masterpiece stands a good chance to become my most rewatched film ever.

All the Real Girls
Many independent films about 20-somethings tend to be overly quirky and too "indie". With the exception of Patricia Clarkson's character this film sidestepped those cliches and turned out to be very "real" with a great poetic atmosphere. Rarely have I been so involved with a romantic couple on the screen. I've read a lot of criticism saying Paul Schneider is not believable as a womanizer. I thought it worked, considering not every small town has it's own stereotype Brad Pitt-womanizing guy. Having watched this and Snow Angels, David Gordon Green is a director I'm looking forward to exploring further.

< Message edited by _Eraserhead_ -- 24/1/2010 8:53:02 PM >

Last 10/10 film seen:
Big Wednesday (1978, John Milius)

(in reply to Beetlejuice!)
Post #: 1390
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 24/1/2010 8:57:15 PM   
Epiphany Demon

quote:

ORIGINAL: _Eraserhead_

Sherlock Jr.
During the first act I was starting to wonder why on earth this was considered among the best Keaton films, but since he stepped into the screen the film unveiled the most perfect half hour of slapstick I have ever seen. Sherlock Jr. has several impressive scenes that makes you go "how the hell did they do that?". I think I spent an hour on the internet afterwards to out how he performed the different stunts and visual gags. Keaton's masterpiece stands a good chance to become my most rewatched film ever.

(in reply to _Eraserhead_)
Post #: 1391
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 24/1/2010 9:10:47 PM   
TRM

quote:

I just watched this year's first two five-star films in a row, so I'll do a little update here...

Sherlock Jr.

All the Real Girls
Many independent films about 20-somethings tend to be overly quirky and too "indie". With the exception of Patricia Clarkson's character this film sidestepped those cliches and turned out to be very "real" with a great poetic atmosphere. Rarely have I been so involved with a romantic couple on the screen. I've read a lot of criticism saying Paul Schneider is not believable as a womanizer. I thought it worked, considering not every small town has it's own stereotype Brad Pitt-womanizing guy. Having watched this and Snow Angels, David Gordon Green is a director I'm looking forward to exploring further.

2 great films there. The bit in bold - I dont really get this either. I thought he did a great job, and its not like he ever comes across at being bad at getting women, plus the small bits about his past are all nicely hit at. I am very excited about Green's new film

I'm going out to the states to redeem the social outcasts. My only real ambition is to cultivate Texas. I love Texas. You must watch "The last picture show". That film! It was my first real sexual relationship.

Post #: 1392
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 24/1/2010 9:32:52 PM   
homersimpson_esq

He managed not mention Zooey Deschanel either!

I will watch it soon, I promise TRM!

New to my list today, is Unbreakable - a.k.a., the only great film Shyamalan has ever made.  (Signs is pretty good, the rest range from barely passable (The Village) to plain awful [The Happening and, yes, The Sixth Sense].) I've not seen Lady in the Water.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to TRM)
Post #: 1393
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 24/1/2010 9:37:38 PM   
TRM

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

I will watch it soon, I promise TRM!

I only asked you once!

I'm going out to the states to redeem the social outcasts. My only real ambition is to cultivate Texas. I love Texas. You must watch "The last picture show". That film! It was my first real sexual relationship.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 1394
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 24/1/2010 10:13:30 PM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

OUTRAGEOUS

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

Post #: 1395
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 24/1/2010 11:17:26 PM   
_Eraserhead_

quote:

It's so difficult to spell

Last 10/10 film seen:
Big Wednesday (1978, John Milius)

Post #: 1396
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 25/1/2010 12:12:56 AM   
Rhubarb

quote:

Sherlock Jr.

Hurrah!

And on a related note, new to my list.

1. The Circus (Charles Chaplin)

Chaplin didn't much care for the Circus, presumably as he had such a nightmare making it. He was mid-divorce, the sets burned down, students stole the actual circus as a prank. But what came from that madness was Chaplin's funniest film. While it might not be his absolute best - it is almost certainly his funniest.
It is also the film where Chaplin got to experiement with his own relationship to comedy. The story follows The Tramp, who is being chased by a policeman after a mixup, and he ends up running straight through the circus, destorying everything, but to the delight of the crowd who think its all part of the show. The Tramp is a hit and hired. But when he tries to be funny, he can't make anybody laugh. Chaplin highlights the need for a realistic setting for his comedy to take place, otherwise it won't work.
The pathos comes via the daughter of the ringmaster, who of course is an attractive young girl who Chaplin would quite like to get to know, but alas, she's in love with the tight-rope walker and her father treats her badly. The films climax sees the Tramp (not entirely aided by three monkeys) take to the highwire himself, its an incredible, audacious piece of work.
It is a brilliant film, endlessly rewatchable, and a great "in" for anyone wanting to watch some of his work. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

Post #: 1397
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 25/1/2010 12:20:21 AM   
paul_ie86

6. Apocalypse Now (Coppola, 1979)
While I still think Platoon is the greatest Vietnam film that I've seen, Apocalypse Now went up a lot in my estimation on this watch.

30. Team America: World Police (Parker, 2004)
Not nearly as good as South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut, it's alright and has some fantastic moments.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

Post #: 1398
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 25/1/2010 1:55:21 AM   
Miles Messervy 007

Features:

11. Otona no miru ehon - Umarete wa mita keredo [I Was Born, But...] (1932, Ozu)
My first Ozu, and while everyone discouraged me from having this as a starting point, I'm glad I still went with it. The copy I watched wasn't in exceptional quality, didn't have any score (the first film apart from maybe some Lumiere shorts I watched this way, I think), and grammatically incorrect subtitles, but I still really liked it. It seems unconnected, arguably the exposition is 2/3s of the film, but it doesn't matter. The actors are naturals, including the kids, who make this a comedy despite me having laughed perhaps once. It delicately pokes at significant questions (hierarchy and family) and is really charming. An 8, and I definitely want to see more of his work now.
PS. I just realised that the kids who were in this (or their characters or both) could have been killed in WWII, which adds poignancy to one of the film's moments. Irrelevant, but still...

18. Avatar (2009, Cameron) C
SPOILERS, NOT THAT YOU COULDN'T PREDICT THE WHOLE PLOT WITHIN MINUTES OF STARTING THE FILM
My first cinema visit of the year was a quite obvious choice, as even the people who love Avatar beyond anything single out its groundbreaking technologies and point out how cinematic it is. And yes, they're right. The visuals are amazing, even though it is in a sort of videogame-y way, and the 3D certainly adds tons to the experience. This is pretty much the only reason I enjoyed the film. The battles are ridiculous(ly enjoyable, but still), the plot is as predictable as they come (it was soooooooooooooo, I repeat, soooooooooooooooooo obvious that "ZHAKE" and Nara-something were going to fall in love; and really, did anyone doubt for a second the Na'vi would win?), and the script ranges from hilariously macho-istic (the colonel is a lot of fun but not necessarily in a good way) to downright awful (I SEE YOU!!!!). A 7 in this case only reflects the experience as PA would no doubt point out. I do feel guilty for rating this higher than Dark Knight (a low 7 vs a high 5 (lolz)) but I just shouldn't have seen the latter again after cinemas, and I can only imagine how much more this would apply here.

Cameron-O-Meter (new feature, we'll see whether that will go anywhere):
1. Aliens (DC)
2. The Terminator
3. Avatar

Shorts:

6. The Music Box (1932, Parrott) {28 mins}
My 4th L&H short, and the first one that isn't a silent. At first I was a bit put off by the way they talked, but then I got used to it. In this one, they struggle to deliver a piano to a man as his birthday present. Hilarity ensues. I'm not gonna list the individual gags, you've gotta see this one for yourself (here, for example) 9

< Message edited by Miles Messervy 007 -- 25/1/2010 4:16:59 PM >

quote:

jamesbondguy:
Miles is clearly the finest film theorist of his generation

quote:

Deviation:
if it isn't ham, I'll eat a living pig.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 1399
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 25/1/2010 1:59:53 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miles Messervy 007

Shorts:
6. The Music Box (1932, Parrott) {28 mins}
My 4th L&H short, and the first one that isn't a silent. At first I was a bit put off by the way they talked, but then I got used to it. In this one, they struggle to deliver a piano to a man as his birthday present. Hilarity ensues. I'm not gonna list the individual gags, you've gotta see this one for
yourself 9

I'm very glad you're enjoying L and H, Miles. This one is a true gem.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to Miles Messervy 007)
Post #: 1400
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 25/1/2010 2:03:01 AM   
Miles Messervy 007

Any other recommendations for shorts (already seen The Music Box, Wrong Again, Big Business, and Liberty), or should I move on to features already (if so, which?)

quote:

jamesbondguy:

quote:

Deviation:

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 1401
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 25/1/2010 2:35:36 AM   
rawlinson

You should watch all the L&H. Seriously. Buy the box-set. It's 40 instead of 200 on Amazon.

Post #: 1402
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 25/1/2010 4:20:29 AM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

18. Avatar (2009, Cameron) C
The visuals are amazing, even though it is in a sort of videogame-y way, and the 3D certainly adds tons to the experience. This is pretty much the only reason I enjoyed the film.

quote:

A 7 in this case only reflects the experience as PA would no doubt point out. I do feel guilty for rating this higher than Dark Knight (a low 7 vs a high 5 (lolz)) but I just shouldn't have seen the latter again after cinemas, and I can only imagine how much more this would apply here.

Shit, boy, that must have been one hell of an experience to give it a seven solely because of the visuals. It must be like discovering fire or something like that, so amazing they are.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

Post #: 1403
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 25/1/2010 4:48:34 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

Shit, boy, that must have been one hell of an experience to give it a seven solely because of the visuals. It must be like discovering fire or something like that, so amazing they are.

7/10 just for the visuals is bewildering, I agree.

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 1404
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 25/1/2010 6:23:35 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

Any other recommendations for shorts (already seen The Music Box, Wrong Again, Big Business, and Liberty), or should I move on to features already (if so, which?)

I'd agree with Rawls, get the boxset!

If not though, then for features you must, must, must watch Way Out West], then try Saps At Sea and Sons of The Desert. There's way too many shorts to recommend them all and you've already seen some of the best but try out Thicker Than Water, Me and My Pal, Dirty Work, Blotto, Brats and The Fixer Uppers. Also the double bill of Them Thar Hills and Tit For Tat, and they should be watched in that order if possible.

5. Iron Man (3rd view, 2008, Jon Favreau) - 4/5
Rollicking comic book adventure which balances perfectly its dry sense of humour with some adrenalin pumping action scenes. It's a more light-hearted affair than the likes of Hulk or Batman begins, yet far more substantial than, say, the Fantastic Four films. Robert Downey Jr. is excellent in the lead, and he's ably supported by Jeff Bridges, Gwyneth Paltrow and Terrence Howard. It gets a little overblown near the end but this is great entertainment that's lost none of its charm since I first saw it.

19. Shooter (2nd view, 2007, Antoine Fuqua) - 4/5*
Silly but enjoyable.

< Message edited by Gimli The Dwarf -- 25/1/2010 7:14:28 AM >

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

Post #: 1405
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 25/1/2010 8:33:23 AM   
Harry Lime

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

1. The Circus (Charles Chaplin)

Chaplin didn't much care for the Circus, presumably as he had such a nightmare making it. He was mid-divorce, the sets burned down, students stole the actual circus as a prank. But what came from that madness was Chaplin's funniest film. While it might not be his absolute best - it is almost certainly his funniest.
It is also the film where Chaplin got to experiement with his own relationship to comedy. The story follows The Tramp, who is being chased by a policeman after a mixup, and he ends up running straight through the circus, destorying everything, but to the delight of the crowd who think its all part of the show. The Tramp is a hit and hired. But when he tries to be funny, he can't make anybody laugh. Chaplin highlights the need for a realistic setting for his comedy to take place, otherwise it won't work.
The pathos comes via the daughter of the ringmaster, who of course is an attractive young girl who Chaplin would quite like to get to know, but alas, she's in love with the tight-rope walker and her father treats her badly. The films climax sees the Tramp (not entirely aided by three monkeys) take to the highwire himself, its an incredible, audacious piece of work.
It is a brilliant film, endlessly rewatchable, and a great "in" for anyone wanting to watch some of his work. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes!!!

I love The Kid, The Gold Rush, City Lights and Modern Times, but The Circus is Chaplin's greatest film and I'll fight anybody who says otherwise!

"People think I have an interesting walk. Hell, I'm just trying to hold my gut in."

If I get there early will it be the right time
our heaven is just waiting so put your hand into mine.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 1406
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 25/1/2010 8:43:09 AM   
Miles Messervy 007

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

You should watch all the L&H. Seriously. Buy the box-set. It's 40 instead of 200 on Amazon.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

I'd agree with Rawls, get the boxset!

If not though, then for features you must, must, must watch Way Out West], then try Saps At Sea and Sons of The Desert. There's way too many shorts to recommend them all and you've already seen some of the best but try out Thicker Than Water, Me and My Pal, Dirty Work, Blotto, Brats and The Fixer Uppers. Also the double bill of Them Thar Hills and Tit For Tat, and they should be watched in that order if possible.

The boxset - wow. Not sure if I'm ready to make that kind of commitment (almost 70 hours of L&H!). Plus I have way too many unwatched DVDs at home already.
Thanks for the recs though, will try to find them all.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

7/10 just for the visuals is bewildering, I agree.

Well, I was exaggerating. I also liked Weaver in it... 7 equates to good in my ratings though and as the film achieved its primary objective (visual experience through groundbreaking techonologies), why shouldn't I say it's good?

quote:

jamesbondguy:

quote:

Deviation:

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 1407
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 25/1/2010 9:06:20 AM   
elab49

Gimli forgot Towed in a Hole - definitely add that.

And the box set is amazingly cheap now. And you have years and years to appreciate it.

quote:

Post #: 1408
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 25/1/2010 9:43:23 AM   
Professor Moriarty

1. Invictus 5/5
The best sport's film ever made? Well I might still have to give that tag to Rollerball, only kidding The Hustler, but I loved this film about the 1995 Rugby WC and how it was a catalyst for bringing together South Africa. I don't know what artistic license it took, but I found it moving and poignant. Great film.

2. Frost vs Nixon 4/5
Don't we live in boring times? Our biggest scoops on politicians now is how much they spend of tax payers money cleaning out their duck ponds. This was my first viewing of the film as I'd had to put it off for ages as my wife didn't fancy it. Frost vs Nixon didn't disappoint and didn't pull any punches - I was scared that the horrendously lightweight Frost was going to be shown as some interviewer hero.

4. Sherlock Holmes 3/5
I'll watch anything with Holmes in the title even if an original Holmes story brought to the screen by Guy Richie scared the pants off me. And I found this very enjoyable, its a great romp through Victorian London. My only complaint is that it needed a bit more pea soup as you could see where the story was going from a mile off. Bring on part 2 and my namesake though.

11. The Rebound 1/5
Dismal stuff even though I find CZJ quite magnetic on screen. This just feels so awkward and its boring. I think there's meant to be a message in this, but my only thought was "please make it stop".

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1409
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 25/1/2010 9:47:12 AM   
m_er

7/10 (500) Days of Summer (2009) - sweet
8/10 District 9 (2009) - A different look an Aliens. A must-see for Aliens fans.
4/10 The Proposal (2009) - Very very predictable. Boring and to some point irritating.
7/10 It's Complicated (2009)
8/10 Julie & Julia (2009) - Meryl deserves an Oscar. Seen It's Complicated and Julie & Julia recenly I'm now fully convinced now that Meryl is the best actress in the 20th century.
5/10 Superbad (2007) - Pineapple Express or American Pie is better.
8/10 The Hangover (2009) - Absolutely entertainig. Comedy fans don't miss this.
8/10 The Hurt Locker (2008) The most literally exciting war-drama film I've ever seen. Beside that, to me, this has been the best Iraq movie.
4/10 The Men Who Stare at Goats (2009) - Didn't like it. Perhaps I took this film too seriously!
9/10 A Serious Man (2009). Coen Brothers best film since Fargo. Michael Stuhlbarg is great.

My Noms so far:
Best Picture Of The year:
10/10 Avatar: An IMAX 3D (2009)
9/10 Inglourious Basterds (2009)
8/10 The Hurt Locker (2008)

Best Directing Of The year:
Inglourious Basterds (2009)
A Serious Man (2009)
The Hurt Locker (2008)
The Hangover (2009)
Sherlock Holmes (2009)

Best Performances Of The Year
10/10 Michael Stuhlbarg (Larry Gopnik ) - A Serious Man (2009)
10/10 Meryl Streep (Julia Child) - Julie & Julia (2009)
10/10 Christoph Waltz (COL. Hans Landa) - Inglourious Basterds (2009)
8/10 Meryl Streep (Jane) - It's Complicated (2009)
10/10 Robert Downey Jr. (Sherlock Holmes) - Sherlock Holmes (2009)

Best Original Screenplay Of The Year
8/10 The Hangover (2009) - Absolutely entertainig and totally hilarious. Comedy fans don't miss this.
8/10 District 9 (2009) - A different and original look on Aliens. A must-see for Aliens fans.

Best Animated Feature Of The Year:

< Message edited by m_er -- 25/1/2010 11:20:38 AM >

WHOA. I don't believe what I'm hearing. Check out the BALLS on this kid. Hey Spider, this is for you.

My movies
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=4044070

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 1410
Page:   <<   < prev  45 46 [47] 48 49   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 Page: <<   < prev  45 46 [47] 48 49   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI