Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 Page: <<   < prev  102 103 [104] 105 106   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 21/2/2010 12:12:29 PM   
matty_b

Two of Cameron's greatest strengths have been his ability to tell taut, streamlined stories and inject feeling into the unlikeliest of films - who else could have filled Aliens with such emotion or made The Terminator such an effective love story? Just a shame those particular talents have deserted him for this. Yes, the 3D is staggeringly good at times and very immersive, and yes, the final 40 minutes is brilliantly done, but the rest of Avatar is a dud. It's a baggy, windy film and Cameron's mercurial touch of good casting and charismatic performances vanishes here. Worthington is an utter lunk as the lead, his voiceover - and the rest of the script, actually - sounds like a first draft, and there's just far too long spent on the interminably dull Na'avi. They, and Pandora, don't look particularly better than anything we've seen in the Star Wars prequels or the recent works of Peter Jackson in particular and the whole film has a cold, distant feel. It's spectacular at times, but it's a resoundingly hollow experience and the day after I saw it, I found that I could remember very little about it. The thought of this winning the best film Oscar depresses me. (5/10)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 3091
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 21/2/2010 5:44:01 PM   
paul_ie86

45. The Blind Side (John Lee Hancock, 2010)
I think Bullock is good, although it's all a bit like a TV movie.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 3092
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 21/2/2010 5:56:32 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Two of Cameron's greatest strengths have been his ability to tell taut, streamlined stories

Wasn't Terminator the last time he made a film under 2 hours long?

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 3093
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 21/2/2010 6:30:05 PM   
Rhubarb

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

Two of Cameron's greatest strengths have been his ability to tell taut, streamlined stories

And his best film by miles. Coincidence?

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 3094
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 21/2/2010 6:36:08 PM   
paul_ie86

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

quote:

quote:

Conspiracy?

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 3095
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 21/2/2010 6:42:39 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

quote:

quote:

Conspiracy?

Constipation?

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 3096
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 21/2/2010 6:44:10 PM   
matty_b

Yeah, of course it is, but before Avatar his longer films have never felt long. Even Titanic doesn't really feel like three hours. Unlike Avatar where I felt every precious minute of my life tick away slowly.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 3097
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 21/2/2010 9:24:19 PM   
Deviation

Seppuku (Masaki Kobayashi, 1962)- JPN - 9.7/10

A Jidaigeki film that criticizes the superficial values of the samurai, with a terrific central performance by Nakadai. Direction and scripting are outstanding, and so is the cinematography. Aside from a few strange, messy lines, it is fantastic.

Sex and Violence (Bill Plympton, 1997)- USA - 8/10

A series of vignettes about sex and violence. Or something between them. It doesn't always work, but when it does, it is stupendous. And it certainly is a unique experience.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 3098
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 21/2/2010 10:07:07 PM   
elab49

quote:

Seppuku
(Masaki Kobayashi, 1962)- JPN - 9.7/10

A Jidaigeki film that criticizes the superficial values of the samurai, with a terrific central performance by Nakadai. Direction and scripting are outstanding, and so is the cinematography. Aside from a few strange, messy lines, it is fantastic.

Brilliant isn't it - what do you think of my An Inspector Calls allusion?

Odd given the TV/Film discussion that this one seems to fall on Rawlinson's blurring lines side of the argument (Last Seduction – always intended for theatrical release so I think the same as Bafta who gave here the film award. Dog Soldiers got a TV showing in the US too as well. Odd country)

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Oplev, 2009)

Swedish adaptation of the first in the massively successful Millennium trilogy by the late Stieg Larsson.

The film at 2.5 hrs is a very faithful adaptation of the book – they take some judgement calls for length, some work some don't (the end and LIsbeth's antics are summarised in a scene and that works quite nicely – but the leap of logic from one missing girl lots of dead ones, which is OK in the book, is just that on screen and comes out of nowhere and jars). The rape scene is also fairly well handled – ugly, unpleasant as it should be, although I don't see why it couldn't go to just hearing it a tad earlier. It feels more like a TV show than a film though – there is one particular fade about an hour in that is clearly a 'ta-da' end of epi moment, and I think it would work just as well as a series, particularly given the future films of the other 2 books. But even given a couple of odd retreads of what we know so far and that perennial fail when we need to be reminded of an old photo because the director doesn't trust the audience to remember themselves, it is a hugely enjoyable film and the time flies by – the story still retains the depth of the excellent novel, more than just another whodunnit. And a good chunk of this is because of the 2 leads.

Nyqvist as crusading journalist Blomkvist is fine but the real find is Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth Salander. As this is essentially a tale of the return of 2 lost girls, the damaged hacker Salander must have been tremendously difficult to cast. She's one of the most unusual female characters of recent times and Rapace gives a superb performance in the role – there is one half sob half hiccup as she admits something near the end that just hits you in the gut.

< Message edited by elab49 -- 21/2/2010 10:08:54 PM >

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 3099
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 21/2/2010 10:51:28 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

Last Seduction – always intended for theatrical release

Yes, but it was shown on t.v. first, making it a t.v. film. Intent schmintent.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 3100
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 21/2/2010 11:04:22 PM   
elab49

It was a film that was shown on TV as opposed to a TV film though, surely?

I applaud your choice of a film so close to my heart (and my top 100) to open the new battlefront though.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 3101
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 21/2/2010 11:44:00 PM   
Miles Messervy 007

Aliens DC > The Terminator.
I realised yesterday that I missed my 1 year anniversary here. Oh well Here's a little update then:
23. Blowup (1966, Antonioni)
My 3rd Antonioni, and while it's quite different from the other two I've seen so far, it's great. Is it slow? Undoubtedly. However, it's brilliantly shot and unique in a way, as it ignores a detective plot which could have resulted (see the film below for example), and offers a slice of 60s London instead.

29. L'uccello dalle piume di cristallo [The Bird with the Crystal Plumage] (1970, Argento)
Basically, Deep Red is a very loose remake of this, so it's the North By Northwest -> Saboteur thing for me again (these two were my first two Hitch films). However, unlike Saboteur, this is far from crap. It's shot by Storaro and scored by Morricone, and while Argento perfected his trademarks in Deep Red, his debut also has great Hitchcock-esque / horror suspense, striking death scenes, and some nice humour.

31. Being John Malkovich (1999, Jonze)
What a great and unique premise. I don't think the rest of the film quite lives up to the first half hour though, apart from a few brilliant scenes (Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich). I won't go into detail as to why I consider it flawed, but it's a good film anyway, and I certainly want to see more Jonze and Kaufman (well I've seen Eternal Sunshine already there) now.

32. Groundhog Day (1993, Ramis)
Another great premise with flawed execution. Murray is brilliant, and I like the film's philosophy, but the romantic sub-plot drags the film down for me. I know it's not as much of a rom-com as a self-improvement tale, but I just don't think McDowell (even though I didn't think she was bad here like some claim) is a viable person to be in love with for 10 000 days. Otherwise, brilliant, and I would struggle to pick my favourite scene or line which in this case is a good thing.

35. When Harry Met Sally... (1989, Reiner)
Yes, it's corny and predictable, but I was entertained - the leads are superb, the supporting actors are good, and there are some great scenes (the fake orgasm scene is deservedly famous but I might actually go with the '77 bit as my favourite).

quote:

jamesbondguy:
Miles is clearly the finest film theorist of his generation

quote:

Deviation:
if it isn't ham, I'll eat a living pig.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 3102
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 22/2/2010 2:53:40 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

But what if the only funding someone can get for a film is through a television network? Does that suddenly strip away the right to the word 'film' from them? Surely that's just shunting art into a meaningless ghetto? And, to further prove my point, have you yourself not included both the new Penguins of Madagascar and Wallace and Gromit's Cracking Contraptions on this very thread, even though neither was ever intended for cinema release?

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 3103
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 22/2/2010 3:23:53 AM   
rawlinson

62. Fragment of Fear (1970; Richard C. Sarafian)

Classic British horror thriller with David Hemmings as a recovering addict, investigating the death of his wealthy aunt. Hemmings quickly finds himself being discredited in every way possible, from faked evidence to sexual assault charges being made against him. Is he relapsing into addiction or is there really a plot to drive him insane? This British giallo is superbly acted by Hemmings, surely one of the most constantly underrated of 60s British actors, with an intriguing mystery at the heart of the film.

9/10

63. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (2002; Maurice Phillips)

Poor take on the classic novella. John Hannah and David Warner both turn in fine performances, but the film itself feels dull and leaden. Not the worst adaptation ever, but close to it.

4/10

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 3104
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 22/2/2010 6:53:26 AM   
elab49

quote:

quote:

But what if the only funding someone can get for a film is through a television network? Does that suddenly strip away the right to the word 'film' from them? Surely that's just shunting art into a meaningless ghetto? And, to further prove my point, have you yourself not included both the new Penguins of Madagascar and Wallace and Gromit's Cracking Contraptions on this very thread, even though neither was ever intended for cinema release?

I've not removed the word 'film' from them though. And with both those examples I thought they were problematic enough to put my reasoning down too, rather than blithely stick them in one thread or another.

< Message edited by elab49 -- 22/2/2010 8:28:18 AM >

quote:

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 3105
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 22/2/2010 7:01:58 AM   
rawlinson

There'll never be agreement on this.  Just be thankful nobody here is trying to claim Lost as a film.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 3106
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 22/2/2010 9:21:04 AM   
MOTH

Triangle (Christopher Smith, 2009)
A twisty-turny, mindbending thriller which makes a suitable companion piece to the similar Timecrimes. It’s not as tightly constructed as that film, with a few questions left unanswered, but it generates a fair amount of tension and creepy moments. Plus it benefits from a strong performance from the lovely Melissa George in the lead role – my second helping of her this year and I must say I wouldn’t mind spending 30 Days of Night in her Triangle (7/10)

Etre & Avoir (Nicholas Philibert, 2002)

A lovely, gentle documentary celebrating teaching, learning and basic human decency. Not much more than that, but it would be a hard heart indeed that isn’t moved by the final goodbyes (7/10)

Up (Peterson, Docter, 2009)
Pixar stay true to their MO, fashioning a visually stunning adventure, with some affecting moments and a couple of cracking action sequences. Certain elements don’t quite work, particularly the rather misjudged talking dogs, and they could have done more with Russell’s character, but this is still great entertainment and fine story-telling. (8/10)

Joyeaux Noel (Christian Caron, 2005)
A diplomatic multi-national production recounting the famous truce in the trenches of WWI in Christmas 1914. Well played, although Diane Kruger’s character seems rather shoehorned in for dramatic purposes, a wholly unnecessary addition as the events depicted are moving and dramatic enough in themselves (7/10)

The Spiral Staircase (Robert Siodmak, 1945)
Some great suspense packed into a mere 80 minutes, aided by terrific sets, photography and sound design (8/10)

I've only gone and set up a blog! This week I've been mostly reviewing The Lego Movie and Wadjda. Click: The Fast Picture Show

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 3107
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 22/2/2010 9:48:31 AM   
Professor Moriarty

2 Hoop Dreams 5/5 - Engrossing
10 A Simple Plan 4/5 - A good watch
12 The Fast and The Furious 3/5 - Guilty pleasure
22 Confidence 2/5 - Watch an episode of Hustle instead

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 22/2/2010 9:49:05 AM >

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 3108
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 22/2/2010 10:10:17 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Cripes - that must be bad.

What's your no, 1 Prof? I couldn't see your list.

Also - lovely vodka photo. I'm ignoring it in the hope no-one else notices Zod spoke here.

quote:

Post #: 3109
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 22/2/2010 10:24:06 AM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

quote:

You hate Hustle? What a surprise.

quote:

Also - lovely vodka photo. I'm ignoring it in the hope no-one else notices Zod spoke here.

And they wonder why they brought us new mods in.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 3110
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 22/2/2010 10:24:13 AM   
Professor Moriarty

I know it is not a popular choice, but Invictus is my current #1. I don't really care that it misses bits of history and is obvious in what it does, it left me feeling inspired and really up, so its worth the marks in my book, although I very strongly suspect that it will fall to a high 3 / low 4 on a rewatch.

The problem with con films in general is that you've got to come up with something really special now as most savvy audiences can spot the con a mile off **SPOILERS** so, its bad enough when it starts and there's a body on the floor and the police are called and my wife says to me "bet he's not dead, its part of the con" and lo it is! But then its even worse when they use the same trick in the main con of the film. I'll openly admit that Hustle is prime, turn your brain off TV, but at least occassionally in this state I won't see their twist until relatively late sometimes. The last good con film I saw was Matchstick Men, which I thought had a great set up. I just felt that Scott bottled the film and should have left it with the con man being conned, rather than tacking on some ending, like it led him to a happier place Not that the film was that great then, but I did enjoy it.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 3111
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 22/2/2010 10:28:16 AM   
Beetlejuice!

Some brilliant films watched over this weekend:

8. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - 10/10
Out of all the classics of '70s American cinema, I would say this is the one that still seems as fresh as I'm sure it did on release. Maybe it's because I haven't seen it in a while but I was totally engrossed in the battle of wills between McMurphy and nurse Ratchett. Nicholson is exceptionally good here, and his charming devil-may-care attitude fits the role perfectly. An extremely fine film.

10. The Nightmare Before Christmas - 10/10
The best thing about babysitting is I get to re-watch all my fav cartoons with a new audience! A highly original stop motion cartoon that never fails to keep me entertained. I love Oogie Boogie Man, one of the funkiest cartoon villains of all time. Though the Shadow Man from the Princess & the Frog can now give him a run for his money.

11. Spirited Away - 10/10
Miyazaki is a genius! And it's all on show here in which is still his masterpiece. The perfect evidence that cartoons aren't just for kids.

12. Howl's Moving Castle - 10/10
Another stunning Miyazaki masterpiece although this one seems to be unfairly criticised in my opinion. Yes, the story gets slightly muddled towards the end but it more than makes up for that in gorgeous animation, charming characters, a lovely score and a terrific dubbing - especially from the late great Jean Simmons as the older version of Sophie.

21. Run Lola Run - 9/10
A hyper-active thriller, it may be a bit of a project for the director rather than a film but sometimes entertainment doesn't need layers of depth - sometimes style wins over, as it does here.

34. Invictus - 8/10
An interesting depiction of a time and place, as always Eastwood's direction is spot-on and Freeman's performance is as strong as expected. The film may not offer anything unique or surprising but as a solid drama it works fine just as it is.

(in reply to Beetlejuice!)
Post #: 3112
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 22/2/2010 10:31:00 AM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

I know it is not a popular choice, but Invictus is my current #1. I don't really care that it misses bits of history and is obvious in what it does, it left me feeling inspired and really up, so its worth the marks in my book, although I very strongly suspect that it will fall to a high 3 / low 4 on a rewatch.

And to think it was your review that made me watch Cyrano de Bergerac. I may never look at you the same way again.

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

Post #: 3113
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 22/2/2010 10:31:11 AM   
elab49

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm surprised too - given the wonderful first season cast (apart from plank of wood Murray), I thought I'd find it bearable even with dodgy scripts, but it never got that tone right IMO.

Prof - PA won't be backing you up again with that no. 1
Have you seen Nine Queens (or the lesser US remake Criminal)

quote:

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 3114
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 22/2/2010 10:39:56 AM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

And to think it was your review that made me watch Cyrano de Bergerac. I may never look at you the same way again.

I was just looking at my DVD of Cyrano the other day, thinking I should watch it again. Breathtaking film that would be my #1 of the year if I had seen it. Or very scarily suddenly started not liking it.

elab Nine Queens is somewhere on my to see list, but it hasn't risen too far up so far. Not really the place to discuss Hustle, but my wife really likes it and I can get along with it. Its better than Leverage, which she loves and we are flying through series 2 of One of the benefits that Hustle has for me is that its seasons are so short (6 episodes) that it doesn't outstay its welcome. In comparison, I'm watching the latest season of House, which was a program I loved, but I really can't see me getting to the end of this one. Once zero progress has been made on the main relationships (or not) between House and his team and Cuddy and Wilson, all you are left with is the medical mystery, which nobody is ever going to solve, and you know is going to be solved by the team on the principle of 3rd time lucky, but only after the first two attempts nearly kill the patient. I really wish Laurie had stood by what I thought he was going to do originally and bale after his 5 series contract expired. The money must be fantastic, but he can hardly think this is pushing him now. I'm sure he's even stopped bothering limping now.

quote:

apart from plank of wood Murray
she has nice legs though

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 22/2/2010 10:48:33 AM >

Post #: 3115
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 22/2/2010 10:40:47 AM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm surprised too - given the wonderful first season cast (apart from plank of wood Murray), I thought I'd find it bearable even with dodgy scripts, but it never got that tone right IMO.

I disagree. I haven't seen it for ages (which may have something to do with it) and I stopped watching once Adrian Lester ditched - Mickey Bricks was too important for me - but I thought it was great. A little silly, but I love con films and TV shows, and Robert Vaughan + Adrian Lester + Marc Warren = awesome. It's like my Primeval.

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 3116
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 22/2/2010 10:45:04 AM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

I disagree. I haven't seen it for ages (which may have something to do with it) and I stopped watching once Adrian Lester ditched - Mickey Bricks was too important for me - but I thought it was great. A little silly, but I love con films and TV shows, and Robert Vaughan + Adrian Lester + Marc Warren = awesome.

He only missed series 4 and was back for 5. Marc Warren and Adrian Lester running round the streets of London naked = genius TV

Post #: 3117
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 22/2/2010 10:59:16 AM   
elab49

quote:

Robert Vaughan + Adrian Lester + Marc Warren = awesome. It's like my Primeval.

Add Robert Glenister and I completely agree - and can't argue with the analogy!

The other Kudos show I love - also with added Robert Glenister, ie Spooks (sans dripman and the other plank of wood, of course).

quote:

Post #: 3118
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 22/2/2010 11:06:57 AM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

quote:

Robert Vaughan + Adrian Lester + Marc Warren = awesome. It's like my Primeval.

Add Robert Glenister and I completely agree - and can't argue with the analogy!

Glenister was Ash, right? He was great.

quote:

quote:

I disagree. I haven't seen it for ages (which may have something to do with it) and I stopped watching once Adrian Lester ditched - Mickey Bricks was too important for me - but I thought it was great. A little silly, but I love con films and TV shows, and Robert Vaughan + Adrian Lester + Marc Warren = awesome.

He only missed series 4 and was back for 5. Marc Warren and Adrian Lester running round the streets of London naked = genius TV

I've seen that episode! I thought it was the third season that one was in. There you go.

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 3119
RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 - 22/2/2010 11:09:49 AM   
elab49

Crazy Heart (Cooper, 2009)

Short memories reference this with The Wrestler, which is reasonable enough. But the presence of Robert Duvall should give viewers the proper context, those 'American' films of the 80s set in the midwest and full of C&W and redemption, primarily Duvall's own oscar winner Tender Mercies, a template which this adheres to closely - the alcoholism, the singer in the past, the single mother (divorced, not widowed) with personable child.

Star of the show is the main reason for watching this - Bridges is superb, absolutely no question. A singer not quite washed-up, although touring the bowling alleys, but still with some ambition, tempered by his alcoholism. He strikes up a relationship with a journalist sent to interview him (Gyllenhahl, who isn't really given a tremendous amount to do other than be there, I'm afraid), gets caught up in the world of his former protege (Colin Farrell), hooks up again with his own cleaned-up mentor Duvall, and after a rather poorly thought up and bit 'meh' of a  'significant incident' heads towards redemption. While there are some nice lines and the music isn't bad, the film drags badly at times and only Bridges continues to make it watchable. At 2 hours it is far too long and only the emotional investment in the lead, and the music get you through.

< Message edited by elab49 -- 22/2/2010 11:10:52 AM >

quote:

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 3120
Page:   <<   < prev  102 103 [104] 105 106   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Top 100 Films I've Watched This Year: 2010 Page: <<   < prev  102 103 [104] 105 106   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI