Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nowhere Boy - 23/12/2009 10:09:08 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
no way boy - 23/12/2009 10:09:08 PM   
scouser2009

if this is supposed to be a biography of John Lennon and Paul MCcartney its a poor showing on the film industry. i know two polish lads who sound more like them than the actors who tried to play them.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE:no way boy - 24/12/2009 12:54:59 PM   
badsanta

You haven't actually seen it, have you? Go on, be honest.

Post #: 3
- 28/12/2009 4:56:26 PM   
ChrissieK

An interesting study of Lennon's early family life. I thought this was a well-rounded film which didn't need to use arty shots to convey the feeling of the era. The actors had gentle Merseyside accents and look to have been selected for their ability to give good character representation rather than just looking like the musicians they're meant to be. I felt this conveyed a greater sense of realism than if they'd been strutting around wriggling their eyebrows, pouting and shouting "ar ay our kid".

Post #: 4
- 31/12/2009 6:05:42 PM   
A.E.C.

I'm a huge beatles fan, so anything around that topic I am eager to watch. And to be honest i thought it was excellent, with aaron johnson living up to the legend in his performance. Definitely one to watch again.

Post #: 5
A missed opportunity. - 1/1/2010 12:59:38 PM   
stevos

Enjoyed this film- although it did feel insubstantial- if it focused more on the beginning of the Beatles than the stuff about John's mother and step-mother (which all felt too modern), it would have been better. I also thought the casting was wrong with Aaron Johnson as John, as he just didn't look the part for one thing, and his performance was one dimensional and too 'burley', not conveying John's emotional side that well. And the other Beatles similarly had no familiarity with their counterparts. I lost who George Harrison was- and Paul McCartney, just looked nothing like him- almost laughably so- and him and John looked of vastly different ages (John looked to be in his 20s at least). It's a shame, because it's a fascinating period of history, and there's so much material. Backbeat showed how it should be done.

Post #: 6
Materpiece - 30/5/2010 2:14:18 PM   
deppfanatic

A captivating tale based on John Lennon's life as a troubled teenager and what a Spectacular performance by Aaron Johnson who played Lennon in his stride. The film has everything romance, music, violence and dare i say it emotion.
I enjoyed every minute of it and i hope you do too.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Nowhere Boy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI