Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Kiss ass??

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Kiss ass?? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Kiss ass?? - 24/12/2009 1:30:56 AM   
rich

Spell check your front page articles ?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
awesome - 24/12/2009 7:49:45 PM   
ukfilmnuts

this looks awesome. can't wait for the politically correct retards to launch into this. one of the most refreshing trailers and film idea this year! lmao

Post #: 32
RE: Kick-Ass Red Band Trailer Online - 26/12/2009 10:31:03 AM   
ewefoh

Invader_Ace - it made perfect sense, you just had to think about it.

I find that it's the middle class males, who play loads of violent video games who get excited about crap like this. I wonder if you step outside your bubble and took a walk down a street of city street of London is you'll still be excited when you or your mate get head kicked in/stabbed by a teenager.

I'm still relatively young but I work with children and can tell you that the rubbish they are being force fed by the media is not helping. If you honestly think stabbing a prostitutes head with a screwdriver is a game (Grand theft Auto) and a child shooting a person in the head is ok (Kick-Ass Red Band) then I can only hope you don't learn first hand, the affects this is having on young people. Violent crime (rape, stabbing, torturer) are increasing in our case loads each day at work and it's applauses me to think that the people who churning this crap/violence to kids, can take their money and live sheltered and privileged lives AND get away with it.

Rather than trying to act cool why don't we try take responsibility!

< Message edited by ewefoh -- 26/12/2009 10:35:48 AM >

Post #: 33
RE: Kick-Ass Red Band Trailer Online - 26/12/2009 12:47:31 PM   
ukfilmnuts

yeah middle class males their the ones to blame! jesus christ... lets all make films about fluffly bunny rabbits and white clouds... that'll make everything better with the world. NOT. This film looks slick, cool and funny. and it has nothing to do with whether i'm male or middle class. it just is, go watch bambi again and leave the rest of us to enjoy a refreshingly new film.

(in reply to ewefoh)
Post #: 34
RE: Kick-Ass Red Band Trailer Online - 26/12/2009 3:12:24 PM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: ewefoh

I find that it's the middle class males, who play loads of violent video games who get excited about crap like this. I wonder if you step outside your bubble and took a walk down a street of city street of London is you'll still be excited when you or your mate get head kicked in/stabbed by a teenager.

I'm still relatively young but I work with children and can tell you that the rubbish they are being force fed by the media is not helping. If you honestly think stabbing a prostitutes head with a screwdriver is a game (Grand theft Auto) and a child shooting a person in the head is ok (Kick-Ass Red Band) then I can only hope you don't learn first hand, the affects this is having on young people. Violent crime (rape, stabbing, torturer) are increasing in our case loads each day at work and it's applauses me to think that the people who churning this crap/violence to kids, can take their money and live sheltered and privileged lives AND get away with it.

Marx wept.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to ewefoh)
Post #: 35
I want to be 12yrs old again... - 27/12/2009 1:10:38 AM   
Noelg25

Just so I could have Hit-Girl as my gf and she can certainly protect me from the bullies...lol...

Post #: 36
It's Only A Movie... - 29/12/2009 4:00:47 AM   
wgfuzzydunlop1

...But it's a movie I can't wait to see! Hate to say it, but kids (boy or girl, black or white) swearing is always funny! Plus the relationship between her and Nic Cage looks genuine! April cannot come quickly enough!

Post #: 37
- 29/12/2009 3:37:36 PM   
Hellen

Let's just hope it carries with it some form of intelligence and actually has a decent plot. I admit I haven't read the comics before anyone says anything so I could be wrong, but the trailer didn't have me thinking' I must watch that'. It's not refreshing to see a kid swearing like that, it's just a bit pathetic.

Post #: 38
RE: Kick-Ass Red Band Trailer Online - 29/12/2009 11:30:27 PM   
Cheeze

quote:

I'm still relatively young but I work with children and can tell you that the rubbish they are being force fed by the media is not helping. If you honestly think stabbing a prostitutes head with a screwdriver is a game (Grand theft Auto) and a child shooting a person in the head is ok (Kick-Ass Red Band) then I can only hope you don't learn first hand, the affects this is having on young people.

Absolute bullshit. As soon as kid (or adult for that matter) commits some sick crime the finger is immediately pointed at the Movie/TV and video game industry. Anyone who watches stuff like this and then decideds to re-enact what they've seen  is one seriously fucked up little puppy in the first place. I have grown up around this stuff and I am a law abiding citizen (not Gerard Butler) and would never dream of even hitting someone but yes I enjoy films of this nature and games like Grand Theft Auto. Also picking on one little tiny side detail of Grand Theft Auto (stabbing a prossie in the head) as if that's the entire purpose of the game would be like me saying, "If you think that Bill The Butcher tapping his glass eye in Gangs of New York is a movie...."

The entertainment industry is just that, censor it and these mad little sickos will still rape, torture and abuse people. It's an extremely sad fact of life. We have art immitating life, not the other way around. Start pointing the finger at the parents/guardians/school system. It's all too easy to blame something seen in the movies or on TV.

BTW, the C-Bomb really did crank that trailer up a notch... can't wait. Maybe I'll turn Hitman and raise my daugher the same way....... wibble wibble wur!!!

(in reply to ewefoh)
Post #: 39
RE: Kick-Ass Red Band Trailer Online - 30/12/2009 1:42:14 AM   
maffew

quote:

I wonder if you step outside your bubble and took a walk down a street of city street of London is you'll still be excited when you or your mate get head kicked in/stabbed by a teenager.

That's one of my favorite sentences ever.

Why are you getting all excited for? The film not badjust because swearing and violent enjoy watch films and not hurting people streets London.

"Now i don't know much about security lighting, but i'm guessing they'll be using 180-degree dispersing halogens with motion sensors"

(in reply to ewefoh)
Post #: 40
what is this movie? - 30/12/2009 10:01:08 PM   
leroythemasochist

is it funny? is it sick? is it just Daily Mail baiting?
I'm confused. But I've got no problems with kids swearing - so what?
The violence was slightly non-sensical and ott but it seems action movies are now somehow not delivering unless they are totally out them on some front.
I don't want to sound like an old git - so I'm staying quiet. I don't think kids will copy this sort of thing (especially little girls) but it probably is a little bit nasty.
To me it smells a bit of some film makers wanting to make a movie that will enrage lots of people like me who grew up a LONG time ago and then consequently will also really make teenagers laugh out loud at both the violence and also all the frothing at the mouth from the old duffers who think that 'sick filth like this should be banned!'
Jesus, I remember the fuss about Gremlins and the worry that kids would put their dog in the microwave or something.
It's just a movie.

Post #: 41
Looks great, prepare for Daily Mail to go into meltodow... - 2/1/2010 9:51:27 PM   
dcm1980

This looks ace. Trailers for this all look great and it looks like it will be funny, violenmt and close to the bone humour.

The Daily Mail will try to ban, go in to meltdown and cause mayhem. Let's all see this!

Post #: 42
Bollocks - 5/1/2010 5:35:55 AM   
JapStrangler

A rip of the O-Ren anime from Kill Bill, looks like. The word 'twatty' springs to mind, and how many times has the 'flying reload' thing been done? Who is this film's target audience? I look forward to this as much as the U.S. version of Battle Royale...Chav mothers will show this to their kids and the Daily Mail won't like it much, all grist to a worthless mill. Americans are fucking horrible.

Post #: 43
RE: Kick-Ass Red Band Trailer Online - 6/1/2010 11:20:48 AM   
tftrman

quote:

Last I heard GTA was a certificate 18, as will be Kickass, so maybe we should look into why the kids are being allowed to play/watch these things rather than point the finger at the media which is governed already. As has been mentioned already, they are often just used as a means to rationalise what murderers/rapists etc do and are not the root cause - the root cause being that these kids are neglected/abused in a great number of cases. Perhaps you should look into this aspect when dealing with your "caseload". Or perhaps not, it's easier to blame films. And as for your comment about only middle class males being excited by this "crap" - do you only deal with middle class males in your work? Thought not.  

(in reply to ewefoh)
Post #: 44
RE: Bollocks - 6/1/2010 2:34:53 PM   
Gretzky

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cheeze

I agree it looks influenced by the O'Ren anime from Kill Bill, but a rip of it? Both feature a young girl as an Assassin but that's about it, there's not enough in this trailer to say otherwise.

Also while I'm on, why are you called JapStrangler? Why are you generalising that 'Americans are fucking horrible'? Crawl back into your BNP crap hole and don't come back out. People like you make the British look horrible. Turd.

Seconded. Especially the generalisation about Americans, when Kick-Ass comes from a British creator and British director...

~ Formerly Ash_Boomstick
Female Film Fan

Post #: 45
this film rocks - 9/4/2010 4:10:35 PM   
locohero

i love the closed-minds criticizing a film they've never seen!

the film is fantastic, your loss if you choose not to see it

Post #: 46
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Kiss ass?? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI