Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The proposal

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The proposal Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The proposal - 26/1/2010 12:05:22 PM   
homersimpson_esq

You still end up paying for those preloaded mastercards tho, either a percentage per transaction, or a monthly fee. Not sure how it works abroad.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 151
RE: The proposal - 26/1/2010 12:07:23 PM   
elab49

I was going to get those pre-loaded as gift cards at Xmas instead of specific shops but there is a big charge for each card - about 3-4. SO I didn't bother - I'd rather add that to the gift.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 152
RE: The proposal - 26/1/2010 12:13:05 PM   
shool

3-4 to top up?

Thats not so bad if you do it all in one go then.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 153
RE: The proposal - 26/1/2010 12:16:27 PM   
shool

Ah, I see what you mean. Heres a comparison chart.

http://www.what-prepaid-card.co.uk/features/compare-cards-prepaid.html

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 154
RE: The proposal - 26/1/2010 1:47:49 PM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Get a credit card...?

If it's paid off every month, and you only use it for purchases (ie, never withdraw cash from it) then there should be no interest.

Oh, some charge if you use it abroad, though. Or charge interest on abroad usage. Worth checking out.

[/iusedtoworkforacreditcardcompany]

www.moneysavingexpert.com is your friend.

Some people dont have them and some people currently can't which rules out your response homer. The pre loaded card sounds interesting though. I'll have a look.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 155
RE: The proposal - 26/1/2010 4:24:55 PM   
sharkboy

Debit card and deposit the money in the bank to cover it before you go? Unless it's of the Electron/Maestro variety, it'll get accepted in just as many places as a credit card.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 156
RE: The proposal - 31/1/2010 10:33:27 PM   
adambatman82

So, we got the OK for the venue (an old picturehouse)! Thanks once again to Homer for the fantastic idea. It should be wonderful. To get around any licensing issues we're going to secretly get legally married in the morning at the town hall, before doing the bells and whistles ceremony at the cinema.

While this isn't a theme wedding per se, for the wedding date announcement cards I want to produce an old fashioned style film poster, announcing the date and venue. Something like this -

I dont suppose anybody knows anyone that could produce such a piece of work? I was thinking of trawling DeviantArt, but thought I'd throw it out here too. I'm told that this is the final bit of film related tack that I can attach to the wedding, aside from the Cinema Paradiso inspired "Kisses Montage" that I'm going to make myself, from our favourite films! It will play over the interval section of the wedding, when we would usually leave the stage in order to sign the wedding papers. So yes, does anyone know any artists that would be able to produce a piece not unlike the one above, starring myself and the soon to be mrs Batman82?

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 157
RE: The proposal - 3/2/2010 9:12:15 AM   
borstal

I can do a mock up of an old poster and if you thinks its OK send me some pics and I'll Adambatman it up for you.

What size are you looking at printing at?

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 158
RE: The proposal - 3/2/2010 5:14:38 PM   
adambatman82

Thanks mate, that'd be amazing. It'd be no bigger than postcard size. I have a mate from uni having a go too, so hopefully one of you will come up with something that will get the nod of approval from the missus!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 159
RE: The proposal - 4/2/2010 1:15:37 AM   
emertom

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

Ah, I see what you mean. Heres a comparison chart.

http://www.what-prepaid-card.co.uk/features/compare-cards-prepaid.html

That table has so much data, makes it hard to follow, here's a better one  http://www.breadmarket.co.uk/credit/prepaid-credit-cards.php

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 160
RE: The proposal - 4/2/2010 1:37:34 PM   
homersimpson_esq

If you have some Photoshop-capable friend, they could easily do a 'drawn' effect of photos of you and the mrs-to-be, and change the Bogie and Bacall names to your names... Throw it out in the Poster MashUp forum - that's full of people doing that sort of poster-editing all the time!

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to emertom)
Post #: 161
RE: The proposal - 9/2/2010 6:26:22 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

is it wrong to propose marrage to a girl you think you've fallen in love with over the course of a few weeks? Or does that way divorce lie? Please tell me quickly I have 5 hours left.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

Post #: 162
RE: The proposal - 9/2/2010 8:30:09 PM   
Funkyrae

If you need to ask an internet forum then there's your answer. You should propose when it's right for you and not when it's considered appropriate or timely.

That's me that is!

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 163
RE: The proposal - 9/2/2010 8:38:47 PM   
adambatman82

This is the picturehouse where we're having our wedding. Its going to be on August the 5th next year.

The view from the projection booth-

Credit ot the folk that took these pics, I took them from Flickr.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 164
RE: The proposal - 9/2/2010 8:41:16 PM   
Epiphany Demon

One day after my birthday wooooo double celebration!

THE ALTERNATIVE LOOK AT BOB DYLAN'S DISCOGRAPHY - ONE DAY MAYBE I'LL FINISH IT

Post #: 165
RE: The proposal - 9/2/2010 8:48:42 PM   
adambatman82

Well, there is room for you lot if anyone wanted to come!

(in reply to Epiphany Demon)
Post #: 166
RE: The proposal - 9/2/2010 9:18:20 PM   
homersimpson_esq

That's a swanky looking cinema.

Popcorn for the guests? Anyone caught with a video-camera will be ejected?

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 167
RE: The proposal - 9/2/2010 9:19:50 PM   
adambatman82

I was thinking popcorn would make a good alternative to confetti.

Post #: 168
RE: The proposal - 9/2/2010 9:24:39 PM   
homersimpson_esq

At least the cinema staff would be used to clearing it up.

With no central aisle, are guests just going to be all jumbled up, rather than the traditional "bride" side and "groom" side?

What are you doing for walking down the aisle music? Is it in-keeping with the cinematic theme?

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 169
RE: The proposal - 9/2/2010 10:08:40 PM   
adambatman82

Well at one point we did consider splitting her guests and mine between the stalls and the balcony, but I don't think that would work out. I think we'll just have a hypothetical line drawn between the two sides. We haven't talked about music yet, but it will no doubt be traditional wedding stuff. Believe it or not but we are actually attempting to keep this from being a full on "theme-wedding", so we're trying to keep everything else "normal".

Post #: 170
RE: The proposal - 10/2/2010 12:23:30 AM   
homersimpson_esq

You know you want her to walk in while your mate plays As Time Goes By on a piano, and you come in and say, "I thought I told you never to..." before noticing your bride standing there...

She also has to leave the cinema by plane, while you walk off with the projectionist promising a future of beautiful friendships.

On second thoughts, I don't reckon that idea will amount to a hill of beans.

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 171
RE: The proposal - 25/2/2010 9:21:27 AM   
Timon

In a perfect world, this is how you want all proposals to go down....(pun intended)

http://izismile.com/2010/02/25/a_little_lesson_from_hillary_duff_to_all_girls_7_pics.html

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

Post #: 172
RE: The proposal - 25/2/2010 9:34:32 AM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

In a perfect world, this is how you want all proposals to go down....(pun intended)

http://izismile.com/2010/02/25/a_little_lesson_from_hillary_duff_to_all_girls_7_pics.html

Haha, Timon I would never have checked this thread in a million years but when I saw you'd posted in it I thought you had some exciting news to tell us all!  Those pics made me laugh.  Although it all seems a little odd - slightly good luck on the photographer's part to catch a marriage proposal followed by the celebrations...

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 173
RE: The proposal - 25/2/2010 10:44:48 AM   
TRM

That place looks amazing Adam. Hope it all goes well! 

quote:

You know you want her to walk in while your mate plays As Time Goes By on a piano, and you come in and say, "I thought I told you never to..." before noticing your bride standing there...

I'm going out to the states to redeem the social outcasts. My only real ambition is to cultivate Texas. I love Texas. You must watch "The last picture show". That film! It was my first real sexual relationship.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 174
RE: The proposal - 25/2/2010 11:04:21 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: TRM

That place looks amazing Adam. Hope it all goes well!

quote:

Thanks!

Family politics have stepped in and caused all manner of woe with regards to the technicalities of hosting a reception. I have a huge family and so theres a lot of people to please! The most annoying part being that most of these people are virtual strangers!

(in reply to TRM)
Post #: 175
RE: The proposal - 26/2/2010 9:14:48 AM   
jcthefirst

Oh fuck!

I just asked her Dad. He was cool about it, but this means it's fucking real now. No backing out or the dad will always know.

Not that I'm going to, but still....FUCK!!!

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

Post #: 176
RE: The proposal - 26/2/2010 12:15:47 PM   
borstal

hehehe ONE OF US!

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 177
RE: The proposal - 1/3/2010 1:03:20 PM   
jcthefirst

Done. I am a engaged man.

Happy times.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 178
RE: The proposal - 1/3/2010 3:05:41 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Done. I am a engaged man.

Happy times.

Congratulations! Welcome to the gang!

How did you do it then?

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 179
RE: The proposal - 1/3/2010 3:10:43 PM   
Funkyrae

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

Thanks!

Family politics have stepped in and caused all manner of woe with regards to the technicalities of hosting a reception. I have a huge family and so theres a lot of people to please! The most annoying part being that most of these people are virtual strangers!

Ahh the wonderful politics of families and weddings. Insanity by trying to do the right thing. You can't win no matter what you do.

Just try to keep in mind that this is YOUR wedding. Not your mum's or your family's. Yours.

That's me that is!

Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The proposal Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI