Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The proposal

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The proposal Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The proposal - 15/1/2010 9:59:52 AM   
borstal

So do we start a wedding thread or make this The proposal and wedding thread?

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 121
RE: The proposal - 15/1/2010 10:05:00 AM   
juanvasquez

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 122
RE: The proposal - 17/1/2010 10:52:40 AM   
borstal

Cheers Juan!

Wedding dress is now bought but the missus is still insisting I will NOT be getting married in my trainers

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 123
RE: The proposal - 17/1/2010 12:39:05 PM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Wedding dress is now bought but the missus is still insisting I will NOT be getting married in my trainers

Outrageous. No member of The Pixel Faces wears tidy black shoes. NONE OF THEM.

On that note - need a wedding band?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 124
RE: The proposal & marriage thread - 17/1/2010 1:22:02 PM   
adambatman82

I'm on the lookout for a film-loving vicar/priest. Does anyone know where I would find one? We know an Evangelical minister, but he isn't licensed to do weddings on his own, so we need to either have a registrar present, or a "proper" priest. As a Catholic I wouldn't mind a priest, but Beth really doesnt want one. We've kind of agreed though, that if we can find a catholic/CoE priest willing to perform the ceremony we will.

So.

Where does one find a film loving priest? Do you think empire would put a letter from me in their letters page, asking for one? This is all with a view to do the wedding at a cinema.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 125
RE: The proposal & marriage thread - 17/1/2010 4:58:30 PM   
Funkyrae

Most registrars will do the marriage ceremony as you would like it to be. Just check your local registrars and ask them.

That's me that is!

Post #: 126
RE: The proposal & marriage thread - 17/1/2010 6:44:51 PM   
adambatman82

The venue isnt licensed tho, so we need a licensed priest-type to do it. Would the registrar be able to do it in an unregistered venue?

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 127
RE: The proposal & marriage thread - 18/1/2010 11:19:37 AM   
clownfoot

So which one of you is doing a Star Wars themed wedding? Just think how awesome it would be for your soon to be bride to walk down the aisle to the Imperial Death March. The best man would look swell in a stormtrooper outfit and wouldn't need to worry about the rings as they'd be kept by R2-D2, ready to shoot-out from his light-sabre launcher as and when required. Chewie (the mother-in-law) would sound out a loud cry as priest Jar Jar asks "Do yousa take thisa women to be your wedded wifey?"

Page boys kitted out as jawas optional...  

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

Post #: 128
RE: The proposal & marriage thread - 18/1/2010 11:26:03 AM   
elab49

If you want film themes, can I recommend you peruse the Blade Runner soundtrack. Then you get good film + good music.

I did

And then they just had to put up with Eurovision at the meal.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 129
RE: The proposal & marriage thread - 18/1/2010 12:55:34 PM   
Funkyrae

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

The venue isnt licensed tho, so we need a licensed priest-type to do it. Would the registrar be able to do it in an unregistered venue?

No, it would need to be registered. It's worth the building looking into getting a registration though, as then they'd be able to do weddings whenever.

That's me that is!

Post #: 130
RE: The proposal - 18/1/2010 2:08:59 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

Cheers Juan!

When my brother-in-law got married, he, his best man, the ushers, the father of the groom, the father of the bride, and I - the musician - all wore matching black suits, black shirts, dark maroon ties and waistcoats.... and matching black Converse hi-tops. Seriously, it not only looked cool-as-frak, but also still looked smart, because they were matching. Well worth going down the "matching trainers" route, and adapt to your footwear of choice.

Adambatman - glad my suggestion worked out! That looks like a lovely venue, too.

Elab - Blade Runner soundtrack? At your wedding? Your husband is a lucky, lucky guy...  Not so sure about the Eurovision bit though...

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 131
RE: The proposal - 18/1/2010 2:15:38 PM   
homersimpson_esq

In fact, here's a subtly edited picture to demonstrate. Identities have been maintained. The little guy is my son, not a dwarf.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 132
RE: The proposal - 19/1/2010 8:46:27 AM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

The little guy is my son, not a dwarf.

Liar.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

Post #: 133
RE: The proposal & marriage thread - 19/1/2010 8:53:10 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: clownfoot

So which one of you is doing a Star Wars themed wedding? Just think how awesome it would be for your soon to be bride to walk down the aisle to the Imperial Death March. The best man would look swell in a stormtrooper outfit and wouldn't need to worry about the rings as they'd be kept by R2-D2, ready to shoot-out from his light-sabre launcher as and when required. Chewie (the mother-in-law) would sound out a loud cry as priest Jar Jar asks "Do yousa take thisa women to be your wedded wifey?"

You still smarting that Mrs Clowny wouldn't let you have this for your wedding?

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 134
RE: The proposal - 19/1/2010 9:11:51 AM   
borstal

quote:

When my brother-in-law got married, he, his best man, the ushers, the father of the groom, the father of the bride, and I - the musician - all wore matching black suits, black shirts, dark maroon ties and waistcoats.... and matching black Converse hi-tops. Seriously, it not only looked cool-as-frak, but also still looked smart, because they were matching. Well worth going down the "matching trainers" route, and adapt to your footwear of choice.

Ive told future Mrs B about this Homer and she is less than happy with you. She is now demanding to see the picture to see how 'silly' it looks. However it may plant the seed of suit+trainer=cool in her mind.

Post #: 135
RE: The proposal & marriage thread - 19/1/2010 12:19:24 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

You still smarting that Mrs Clowny wouldn't let you have this for your wedding?

Yes. My groom's speech even featured a line from Pride and Prejudice to appease her. I'm pathetic...

(Althought the table names were based on much loved couples from film and literature - Westley and Buttercup, Romeo and Juliet, Darcy and Elizabeth, Wallace and Gromit, etc.)

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 136
RE: The proposal - 19/1/2010 12:38:49 PM   
Timon

I've been asked to be my best mate's best man.

He doesn't want a huge stag night as he wants everyone to be able to come along... so no Las Vegas trip.

He's thinking camping, pubs and crazy golf down by the beach somewhere. Simple. Should be easy enough to do... I'm just thinking how I'm going to get a stripper in the middle of nowhere.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 137
RE: The proposal - 19/1/2010 1:24:56 PM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

I've been asked to be my best mate's best man.

He doesn't want a huge stag night as he wants everyone to be able to come along... so no Las Vegas trip.

He's thinking camping, pubs and crazy golf down by the beach somewhere. Simple. Should be easy enough to do... I'm just thinking how I'm going to get a stripper in the middle of nowhere.

Man up Timon and be the stripper!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 138
RE: The proposal & marriage thread - 19/1/2010 1:47:12 PM   
Funkyrae

quote:

I wanted that. My ex-husband said no.

That's me that is!

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 139
RE: The proposal - 19/1/2010 2:06:27 PM   
elab49

quote:

Elab - Blade Runner soundtrack? At your wedding? Your husband is a lucky, lucky guy...  Not so sure about the Eurovision bit though...

I went down the aisle to Vangelis. Needless to say I'd to provide my own CD

quote:

Westley and Buttercup, Romeo and Juliet, Darcy and Elizabeth, Wallace and Gromit, etc

How did you accommodate the 90% of the guests wanting to sit at Wallace and Gromit?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Post #: 140
RE: The proposal - 19/1/2010 4:52:49 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

Westley and Buttercup, Romeo and Juliet, Darcy and Elizabeth, Wallace and Gromit, etc

How did you accommodate the 90% of the guests wanting to sit at Wallace and Gromit?

If I'm paying for the food and wine then the fuckers sit where I tell them to...

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 141
RE: The proposal - 19/1/2010 7:51:11 PM   
homersimpson_esq

I walked out to The Throne Room from the end of Star Wars. It's suitably wedding-march-like.

Although I did compose a piece for my brother-in-law's bride to walk down the aisle to which was an original composition fanfare, but included nods to themes from Star Wars, Indy, Jaws, etc.

Elab, can I ask which track by Vangelis you walked down to? Cos that is seriously awesome. I mean, seriously cool.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 142
RE: The proposal - 25/1/2010 8:54:24 AM   
borstal

Wedding rings have been purchased. I'll be married in 14 weeks

Post #: 143
RE: The proposal - 25/1/2010 1:29:48 PM   
homersimpson_esq

My deepest condolences.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 144
RE: The proposal - 25/1/2010 2:30:51 PM   
elab49

quote:

Elab, can I ask which track by Vangelis you walked down to? Cos that is seriously awesome. I mean, seriously cool.

The Love theme of course  (I love sax). The CD I copied had Blues and Memories of Green looped on it to play in the background for the rest of ceremony.

I do actually have friends who went down the aisle to a Eurovision track - they'd gone for the instrumental. It was really lovely though so I think only a couple of us recognised it! (As opposed to the one they came back down to which just made everyone smile - Booms and Bangs etc!).

quote:

Post #: 145
RE: The proposal - 25/1/2010 11:34:19 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: lympo

Yey, congratulations! 

How did she react? Did it rain?

Me and my brother-in-law went out on xmas day to collect some chairs and went about our secret mission. We went to the country park/forest behind my sisters house and walked up the steps at the side which overlooks the snow covered farmland. I decided to place the log in a tree which could only be seen if you looked right at it.

When we got back to my sisters busy house I gave it 20 minutes (in which time ma Borstal was already stressing about getting the xmas dinner ready) so I said to Liz that I was getting a bit wound up so did she want to come for a walk with me for 20 minutes. Luckily she said yes so we set off to the forest. As we were walking up the steps I said to her that its a pity there wasn't any logs about as we could have got my sister some for her fire. I pointed out that there was one on some branches and she went to look and said 'look, theres something written on it' and she started to read it 'Liz....oh look it says Liz!....will....you.............' (confused look on her face). As she turned round I was down on my knee and I asked her. The scene was perfect, in front of us was the snow covered forest and behind us a blanket of snow on the farm fields which was slightly foggy.

She was in total shock and filled up with tears. I phoned my BIL and asked him to come and pick us up. Then when we got back I waited until Ma Borstal came downstairs and said look at this log I found. And when she read it her jaw dropped to the floor, cue many tears and some glasses of champagne!

FTW.

That's the shit right there....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 146
RE: The proposal - 26/1/2010 11:41:55 AM   
borstal

Thanks YFU.

I have a honeymoon/travel related question. We both want a honeymoon in NY and can go the first week in June however the problem we have is that neither of us have credit cards plus we are asking anyone buying us gifts to give us money towards the journey.

Any ideas on how to get round the issue?

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 147
RE: The proposal - 26/1/2010 11:59:33 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Get a credit card...?

If it's paid off every month, and you only use it for purchases (ie, never withdraw cash from it) then there should be no interest.

Oh, some charge if you use it abroad, though. Or charge interest on abroad usage. Worth checking out.

[/iusedtoworkforacreditcardcompany]

www.moneysavingexpert.com is your friend.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 148
RE: The proposal - 26/1/2010 12:01:47 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

I'm just thinking how I'm going to get a stripper in the middle of nowhere.

Rope?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 149
RE: The proposal - 26/1/2010 12:03:11 PM   
shool

Or get one of those gift mastercards that you front load with money. Get all the people to put their money on the card instead of giving you cash and you're away with a stack of money on a card.

http://www.mastercard.com/us/personal/en/aboutourcards/prepaid/index.html

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The proposal Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI