Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The proposal

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The proposal Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The proposal - 28/12/2009 11:44:48 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

I'm tempted to marry everyone now.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 91
RE: The proposal - 29/12/2009 11:18:38 AM   
adambatman82

Congrats Borstal!

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 92
RE: The proposal - 29/12/2009 11:44:34 AM   
Sumintelligentguy

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

Hell Borstal, I feel like marrying you after  reading that. Well done 

Haha seconded - that was actually a brilliant story.

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 93
RE: The proposal - 29/12/2009 6:22:45 PM   
Benjamin Dover

Congrats Borstal, good one, I sort of feel like proposing to my girl now, and not leave and not see her for 3 months afterall.

...Actually I already felt like that...

6 Waffles now!!! (Thx Uncle Jun)

"Everyones dying to be a Zombie!"-Ted Striker

Keira Knightley talked to me! To me, by my name!!! (Yes online, but still, closest I'll ever get...)

(in reply to Sumintelligentguy)
Post #: 94
RE: The proposal - 1/1/2010 7:53:27 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

Did I offer you my congratulations?

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to Benjamin Dover)
Post #: 95
RE: The proposal - 2/1/2010 10:09:28 AM   
borstal

1st May 2010 is the provisional wedding date. Soon to be Mrs B is in heaven at the moment.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 96
RE: The proposal - 2/1/2010 6:18:25 PM   
adambatman82

Wow, thats quite quick. Are you doing it in a church or something less formal? We've said July 2011 (well, she has!) for now, although it may be pushed back. The missus actually bought Brides Magazine earlier this week, which is all very intimidating! The price of a wedding is insane!

A friend of mine was telling me how for 1000 you can have a ceremony in Fiji that includes 7 Fijian warriors in attendance! For 500 you can do it in central park in New York, which at the moment is my favourite idea. I have a huge, HUGE family (76 cousins and second cousins at the last count), so would rather do it abroad before having a big party back home afterwards.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 97
RE: The proposal - 2/1/2010 6:23:51 PM   
Deviation

First of all, well done guys and wish you all the best. Sorry if I didn't say this before.

Second bit....

quote:

I have a huge, HUGE family (76 cousins and second cousins at the last count)

HOLY FUCK.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 98
RE: The proposal - 2/1/2010 8:58:46 PM   
Benjamin Dover

Well, not nearly as romantic and such, but I'm engaged as well, though I still have to leave my love for 3 months, and boy does that one hurt.

Keira Knightley talked to me! To me, by my name!!! (Yes online, but still, closest I'll ever get...)

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 99
RE: The proposal - 2/1/2010 9:20:26 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

First of all, well done guys and wish you all the best. Sorry if I didn't say this before.

Second bit....

quote:

HOLY FUCK.

What can I say, we're Catholic.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 100
RE: The proposal - 2/1/2010 9:21:17 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Benjamin Dover

Well, not nearly as romantic and such, but I'm engaged as well, though I still have to leave my love for 3 months, and boy does that one hurt.

Congratulations mate! Rubbish about having to leave for three months, but I'm sure it'll fly by.

Post #: 101
RE: The proposal - 3/1/2010 5:01:36 PM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

Second bit....

quote:

HOLY FUCK.

What can I say, we're Catholic.

My Nan is Proddy and she had 10 children and thus at the last count I had 35 direct cousins. The only family Im inviting is Ma Borstal and her husband and my sisters. Too much family with too many conflicts to think about any other option.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

Post #: 102
RE: The proposal - 4/1/2010 8:34:49 AM   
borstal

quote:

Wow, thats quite quick. Are you doing it in a church or something less formal? We've said July 2011 (well, she has!) for now, although it may be pushed back. The missus actually bought Brides Magazine earlier this week, which is all very intimidating! The price of a wedding is insane!

We are going to The Lake District (Grange-over-Sands) for the reception and having the service in Kendal. No church as Im athiastic agnostic and the missus isn't religious. Money is relatively tight (for a wedding) and whittling down that meal list is proving a challenge.

Oh and the bride/wedding magazines are in abundance. There is one in the bathroom to read when your going to be in there some time.

Good luck Adam!

Post #: 103
RE: The proposal - 4/1/2010 1:13:54 PM   
adambatman82

You too mate! At least were in this together!

We have no money at all, bar the bits that people gave us as engagement presents, so thats why we're waiting to do it. At the moment flying a group consisting of myself, the bride, her parents, my parents, my best man and his partner and our siblings over to New York is my favourite idea. My family will pay for their own flights and hotel, and you can have the whole ceremony and meal sorted for less than 1000, which might sound a lot, but its nothing compared to the amount you get fleeced for over here. The missus was looking at a place near her parents in Lincolnshire and they charged 175 just for a room to relax in for when the bride arrives at the church! Its a joke.

I bought matching Spider-man cufflinks in the Debenhams sale last week for myself, my best man, my dad and her dad!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 104
RE: The proposal - 4/1/2010 1:21:36 PM   
borstal

quote:

You too mate! At least were in this together!
Sing it brother!

quote:

We have no money at all, bar the bits that people gave us as engagement presents, so thats why we're waiting to do it. At the moment flying a group consisting of myself, the bride, her parents, my parents, my best man and his partner and our siblings over to New York is my favourite idea. My family will pay for their own flights and hotel, and you can have the whole ceremony and meal sorted for less than 1000, which might sound a lot, but its nothing compared to the amount you get fleeced for over here.
True!

quote:

The missus was looking at a place near her parents in Lincolnshire and they charged 175 just for a room to relax in for when the bride arrives at the church! Its a joke.

I bought matching Spider-man cufflinks in the Debenhams sale last week for myself, my best man, my dad and her dad!

Made of awesome! Can you get Hulk ones?

I asked the missus if I could wear trainers when I got married as me and the best man especially but also most of my mates are really into our sneakers. We'd all look ace in our suits and trainers. She said no

Post #: 105
RE: The proposal - 4/1/2010 1:38:23 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Made of awesome! Can you get Hulk ones?

Indeed you can -

http://www.pandaapparelllc.com/Incredible-Hulk-Stamp-Cufflinks/M/B002NRFUQC.htm

My Spidey ones were only 5 a pair tho, and are rather nice. Its the one bit of customisation I'm allowed!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 106
RE: The proposal - 4/1/2010 9:48:37 PM   
MI Cruise

Sorry guys that Im late in congratulating the both of you, I just discovered this thread today and read it one go, it really put a smile on my face and I wish both of you all the happniess in the world. Good luck in the future.

And again congrats you da men

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

Post #: 107
RE: The proposal - 4/1/2010 9:58:14 PM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: MI Cruise

Sorry guys that Im late in congratulating the both of you, I just discovered this thread today and read it one go, it really put a smile on my face and I wish both of you all the happniess in the world. Good luck in the future.

Cheers Cruise!

And if we had a van we could be 'da men with da ven'  (One for the Peep Show fans)

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 108
RE: The proposal - 5/1/2010 9:51:14 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Find a nice old-school cinema to get married in, and have a scene from your favourite (most appropriate) film playing silently in the background. So, less the finale from Audition, and more the finale from Cinema Paradiso.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 109
RE: The proposal - 5/1/2010 3:10:19 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Find a nice old-school cinema to get married in, and have a scene from your favourite (most appropriate) film playing silently in the background. So, less the finale from Audition, and more the finale from Cinema Paradiso.

Hmmm, you're giving me ideas. As a man of the cloth (well, sort of), how does one go about registering a building as a wedding venue?

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 110
RE: The proposal - 5/1/2010 3:25:02 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: MI Cruise

Cheers mate!

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 111
RE: The proposal - 5/1/2010 3:30:46 PM   
adambatman82

So, I've taken Homer's idea and ran with it. As some of you may know I'm training to be a film programmer, with a view to work for an independent cinema. As a result I'm good friends with quite a few people who run old picturehouses, so Iim gonna mention this to them and see what they say! The missus likes the idea, as architecturally a place like the Hyde Park Picture House in Leeds is as beautiful an environment as any church, so its just a case of seeing if the idea is viable. I was meeting with two of the cinemas on Thursday and Friday anyway, so I'm gonna propose the idea then to those guys! I've just facebooked my friend that runs the Hyde park too (which would be the ideal venue!) -

Post #: 112
RE: The proposal - 5/1/2010 5:30:51 PM   
borstal

Thats brilliant Adam. Good work the fella!

Post #: 113
RE: The proposal - 7/1/2010 11:41:36 AM   
tiggerbint

quote:

quote:

Hmmm, you're giving me ideas. As a man of the cloth (well, sort of), how does one go about registering a building as a wedding venue?

Huge congratulations to you newly engaged lot, well done!

I am a registrar in Scotland, and the law here is slightly different to English Law, but I can only assume that the differences are minor so to get married in a cinema by a priest/minister or a humanist should be very straightforward!

Ministers/Priests and Humanists can (in Scotland at least) marry anybody anywhere without the venue having to apply for a special licence. Only Registrars are restricted to "Approved Venues" who must apply for approval to the local authority for which a fee is usually payable by the venue in question.

In order to have a 'man of the cloth' perform the ceremony, you need to first check that the venue has no problem with it (they will most likely charge you for the priviledge of getting married inside though) and secondly you need to find a minister etc who is happy to conduct the ceremony. You will likely be charged for their mileage etc to get them to and from the place.

Good luck, I hope I've not just given you info which is totally irrelevant everywhere else but Scotland! Your local registrar should however be able to tell you all about the ins and outs of getting married!!

......and remember, leave the planning of the day to your missus, your job is to nod along, say how wonderful it all is and be ready with your wallet!

I've done a bit of latin in my time.

But I can control it.

Post #: 114
RE: The proposal - 7/1/2010 12:12:36 PM   
Chief

quote:

So, I've taken Homer's idea and ran with it. As some of you may know I'm training to be a film programmer, with a view to work for an independent cinema. As a result I'm good friends with quite a few people who run old picturehouses, so Iim gonna mention this to them and see what they say! The missus likes the idea, as architecturally a place like the Hyde Park Picture House in Leeds is as beautiful an environment as any church, so its just a case of seeing if the idea is viable. I was meeting with two of the cinemas on Thursday and Friday anyway, so I'm gonna propose the idea then to those guys! I've just facebooked my friend that runs the Hyde park too (which would be the ideal venue!) -

Great idea! Sell tickets to the guests to cover the costs and only feed them popcorn.

Edit: Might be an appropriate time to mention that it's only 5 months till I get married in Cuba!

< Message edited by Chief -- 7/1/2010 12:14:05 PM >

Post #: 115
RE: The proposal - 13/1/2010 9:31:14 AM   
borstal

quote:

Why do you have to leave for that time?

Post #: 116
RE: The proposal - 13/1/2010 2:13:19 PM   
Skillgannon

Congrats to the newly engaged. I hope all goes well for you.

I myself am getting married in May this year. Does anyone know if Bali has many cinemas, as this is where we will be for our honeymoon.
17 days away from the cinema! At least I will be able to check out Ironman 2 before we go

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 117
RE: The proposal - 13/1/2010 2:17:53 PM   
borstal

Congratulations Skill! Bali? Don't have a clue, anyway shouldnt you be doing other things on your honeymoon?

(in reply to Skillgannon)
Post #: 118
RE: The proposal - 13/1/2010 9:01:10 PM   
Benjamin Dover

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

quote:

Why do you have to leave for that time?

Well, it's actually turned into 6 months now, cause she can't get any leave from work, but here goes:

She's American, I'm Norwegian, we're both in/about to/ do college/university, so we're not rich, I had to go home cause my Visa had ran out, and I was starting my pre-course to get enough skills in math and physics to start an engineering degree. And she has to keep her job, in todays work market, so she couldn't come with me.

Only way we can really be together at all in the foreseeable future is if I move to the states and do my education there, before we go back to Norway. It's hard to leave family and friends and everything safe and known, but she makes me happy, and life without her is far bleaker.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 119
RE: The proposal - 14/1/2010 10:14:59 AM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: tiggerbint

quote:

quote:

Huge congratulations to you newly engaged lot, well done!

I am a registrar in Scotland, and the law here is slightly different to English Law, but I can only assume that the differences are minor so to get married in a cinema by a priest/minister or a humanist should be very straightforward!

Ministers/Priests and Humanists can (in Scotland at least) marry anybody anywhere without the venue having to apply for a special licence. Only Registrars are restricted to "Approved Venues" who must apply for approval to the local authority for which a fee is usually payable by the venue in question.

In order to have a 'man of the cloth' perform the ceremony, you need to first check that the venue has no problem with it (they will most likely charge you for the priviledge of getting married inside though) and secondly you need to find a minister etc who is happy to conduct the ceremony. You will likely be charged for their mileage etc to get them to and from the place.

Good luck, I hope I've not just given you info which is totally irrelevant everywhere else but Scotland! Your local registrar should however be able to tell you all about the ins and outs of getting married!!

......and remember, leave the planning of the day to your missus, your job is to nod along, say how wonderful it all is and be ready with your wallet!

Apologies for only stumbling across your post tiggerbint. Thanks for the info, that sounds a lot more simple than I thought it would be. A very close friends father is an evangelical minister, so we were going to ask him to perform the ceremony anyway. I shall look into how different the legislation is in England, hopefully it wont be too different! Thanks again for the advice!

(in reply to tiggerbint)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The proposal Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI