Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The proposal

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The proposal Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The proposal - 22/12/2009 11:42:50 PM   
Epiphany Demon

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Epiphany Demon

Congratulations to both of you, hope it goes okay Borstal, and praise the lord those ducks didn't turn on you Adam. They're tempestuous creatures. I should tell you about how I lost my leg back in '81 one day...

I'm thinking of proposing to my girlfriend actually. Things have really come together in our relationship recently, but there's a number of things in the way, it's pissing me off. She's a vegetarian; fine in itself, but I'm not gonna be fed carrots for the rest of my life . The other problem is my parents. As much as I love them, they're having trouble accepting her for who she is, which is totally different to every other girl I've been out with and totally different to them. I don't think they'd have such a problem if no one else did. My friends think I'm weird, my girlfriend doesn't have many friends.

And I need to talk it through with my parents. They'll stand by me through thick and thin, but her family don't even live with her anymore. She's kinda a recluse. I don't even know why it is I like her, it's really just one of those situations where beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

So I don't know. I feel like I should ask her to marry me, do the honourable thing and all. On the other hand, she's a donkey.

Re- your proposal. Based upon the reaction of those around me this last few days (from family mainly) I realised just how big a deal an engagement is. Family who I haven't seen for the best part of a decade have crawled out of the woodwork to send their wishes, with the whole thing adding up to a situation much bigger than I ever imagined. Its nice to be so popular, but Im kinda shy, and the girlfriend isn't exactly showy either, so its all proved a tad overwhelming if Im honest. What Im basically saying ED, is don't do it unless you're sure, and do it for the right reasons. God, I hope that doesn't sound preachy.

God, I can't tell you how much I'm laughing right now. I even said she was a donkey in the last sentence or is Adam totally just overlooking my beastiality?

THE ALTERNATIVE LOOK AT BOB DYLAN'S DISCOGRAPHY - ONE DAY MAYBE I'LL FINISH IT

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 61
RE: The proposal - 23/12/2009 12:14:36 AM   
adambatman82

quote:

quote:

quote:

Congratulations to both of you, hope it goes okay Borstal, and praise the lord those ducks didn't turn on you Adam. They're tempestuous creatures. I should tell you about how I lost my leg back in '81 one day...

I'm thinking of proposing to my girlfriend actually. Things have really come together in our relationship recently, but there's a number of things in the way, it's pissing me off. She's a vegetarian; fine in itself, but I'm not gonna be fed carrots for the rest of my life . The other problem is my parents. As much as I love them, they're having trouble accepting her for who she is, which is totally different to every other girl I've been out with and totally different to them. I don't think they'd have such a problem if no one else did. My friends think I'm weird, my girlfriend doesn't have many friends.

And I need to talk it through with my parents. They'll stand by me through thick and thin, but her family don't even live with her anymore. She's kinda a recluse. I don't even know why it is I like her, it's really just one of those situations where beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

So I don't know. I feel like I should ask her to marry me, do the honourable thing and all. On the other hand, she's a donkey.

Re- your proposal. Based upon the reaction of those around me this last few days (from family mainly) I realised just how big a deal an engagement is. Family who I haven't seen for the best part of a decade have crawled out of the woodwork to send their wishes, with the whole thing adding up to a situation much bigger than I ever imagined. Its nice to be so popular, but Im kinda shy, and the girlfriend isn't exactly showy either, so its all proved a tad overwhelming if Im honest. What Im basically saying ED, is don't do it unless you're sure, and do it for the right reasons. God, I hope that doesn't sound preachy.

God, I can't tell you how much I'm laughing right now. I even said she was a donkey in the last sentence or is Adam totally just overlooking my beastiality?

I was TRYING not to judge you!

(in reply to Epiphany Demon)
Post #: 62
RE: The proposal - 23/12/2009 12:57:05 AM   
Dirty Hartigan

quote:

I was TRYING not to judge you!

Always assume the worst of that lad - always!

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 63
RE: The proposal - 23/12/2009 4:58:22 PM   
Peter Griffin

I asked the wife to marry me on a gypsy market in portugal, i think she was pressured into it...

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to Dirty Hartigan)
Post #: 64
RE: The proposal - 23/12/2009 6:18:29 PM   
borstal

They find it hard to say no in crowds? Good thinking Pete.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 65
RE: The proposal - 25/12/2009 12:36:32 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

When are you asking her? when will we know?

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 66
RE: The proposal - 25/12/2009 8:39:30 PM   
borstal

She said yes

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 67
RE: The proposal - 25/12/2009 8:48:21 PM   
Mr Terrific

Good work my man! 

..."lost like tears in the rain....."

"He claims he is a man. And one of the things about being a man is getting knocked on your ass and learning from it."

http://www.dccomics.com/heroes_and_villains/?hv=origin_stories/mr_terrific

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 68
RE: The proposal - 25/12/2009 10:46:29 PM   
Epiphany Demon

Beautiful! Congratulations Borstal and (all beastiality aside) Adam.

THE ALTERNATIVE LOOK AT BOB DYLAN'S DISCOGRAPHY - ONE DAY MAYBE I'LL FINISH IT

(in reply to Mr Terrific)
Post #: 69
RE: The proposal - 25/12/2009 11:38:52 PM   
Pigeon Army

From both myself and a good friend of mine -

CONGRATULATIONS, BORSTAL AND ADAM!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

(in reply to Epiphany Demon)
Post #: 70
RE: The proposal - 25/12/2009 11:53:41 PM   
Olaf

Congrats Borstal. As your former bandmate, I hope you and Yok- I mean Liz are very happy together.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 71
RE: The proposal - 26/12/2009 10:57:21 AM   
From_Hell

Congrats Mr. B!

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 72
RE: The proposal - 26/12/2009 7:26:33 PM   
juanvasquez

Congratulations borstal. Though the wife now thinks I'm a twat for not being this romantic when I proposed to her, but never mind. i wish you both all the best.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 73
RE: The proposal - 26/12/2009 8:43:01 PM   
sanchia

Congratulations, now you have roped her don't let her bolt

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 74
RE: The proposal - 26/12/2009 10:22:17 PM   
TheClosetMonkey

Congrats Borstal! I wish you two a long and happy relationship. 

Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 75
RE: The proposal - 26/12/2009 10:57:58 PM   
losthighway

It's renewed my faith in you breeders!  Congratulations mr!!

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to TheClosetMonkey)
Post #: 76
RE: The proposal - 27/12/2009 1:42:42 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

She said yes

Congrats Borstal !!!!! Wishing you and your fiancee all the best.
The Spouse10 : Marry a villager, or attend the wedding of another Hero....
It's only 10G though.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 27/12/2009 1:49:19 AM >

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 77
RE: The proposal - 27/12/2009 12:20:43 PM   
borstal

Cheers Anomaly!

I feel like I just got

2000g - You the man! (make the woman you love the happiest woman in the world).

Sorry Juan. Some of Lizs friends have now complained to their husbands/fiances how lacking in girly romance their proposals were. One did it by text. (FAIL).

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 78
RE: The proposal - 27/12/2009 12:35:19 PM   
swordsandsandals

Congrats dude, I may well steal your idea in x years time. It's not patented is it?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rawlinson

Swords is right about everything.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Swords smells like bum.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 79
RE: The proposal - 27/12/2009 2:49:36 PM   
lympo

Yey, congratulations! 

How did she react? Did it rain?

If you read this,you are stupid.

(in reply to swordsandsandals)
Post #: 80
RE: The proposal - 27/12/2009 2:50:34 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

gz

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 81
RE: The proposal - 28/12/2009 1:13:49 AM   
Piles

I love this film. Sandra Bullock is just magnetic, and Ryan Reynolds is SO dreamy.

Oh, wait, not that the Proposal? Okay. Congratulations Borst.

Top 100 Moz Songs / Top 100 Films

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 82
RE: The proposal - 28/12/2009 11:49:45 AM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: lympo

Yey, congratulations! 

Me and my brother-in-law went out on xmas day to collect some chairs and went about our secret mission. We went to the country park/forest behind my sisters house and walked up the steps at the side which overlooks the snow covered farmland. I decided to place the log in a tree which could only be seen if you looked right at it.

When we got back to my sisters busy house I gave it 20 minutes (in which time ma Borstal was already stressing about getting the xmas dinner ready) so I said to Liz that I was getting a bit wound up so did she want to come for a walk with me for 20 minutes. Luckily she said yes so we set off to the forest. As we were walking up the steps I said to her that its a pity there wasn't any logs about as we could have got my sister some for her fire. I pointed out that there was one on some branches and she went to look and said 'look, theres something written on it' and she started to read it 'Liz....oh look it says Liz!....will....you.............' (confused look on her face). As she turned round I was down on my knee and I asked her. The scene was perfect, in front of us was the snow covered forest and behind us a blanket of snow on the farm fields which was slightly foggy.

She was in total shock and filled up with tears. I phoned my BIL and asked him to come and pick us up. Then when we got back I waited until Ma Borstal came downstairs and said look at this log I found. And when she read it her jaw dropped to the floor, cue many tears and some glasses of champagne!

FTW.

(in reply to lympo)
Post #: 83
RE: The proposal - 28/12/2009 1:33:46 PM   
swordsandsandals

quote:

quote:

Yey, congratulations! 

Me and my brother-in-law went out on xmas day to collect some chairs and went about our secret mission. We went to the country park/forest behind my sisters house and walked up the steps at the side which overlooks the snow covered farmland. I decided to place the log in a tree which could only be seen if you looked right at it.

When we got back to my sisters busy house I gave it 20 minutes (in which time ma Borstal was already stressing about getting the xmas dinner ready) so I said to Liz that I was getting a bit wound up so did she want to come for a walk with me for 20 minutes. Luckily she said yes so we set off to the forest. As we were walking up the steps I said to her that its a pity there wasn't any logs about as we could have got my sister some for her fire. I pointed out that there was one on some branches and she went to look and said 'look, theres something written on it' and she started to read it 'Liz....oh look it says Liz!....will....you.............' (confused look on her face). As she turned round I was down on my knee and I asked her. The scene was perfect, in front of us was the snow covered forest and behind us a blanket of snow on the farm fields which was slightly foggy.

She was in total shock and filled up with tears. I phoned my BIL and asked him to come and pick us up. Then when we got back I waited until Ma Borstal came downstairs and said look at this log I found. And when she read it her jaw dropped to the floor, cue many tears and some glasses of champagne!

FTW.

Smooth. Have you considered a career in this kind of thing?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rawlinson

Swords is right about everything.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Swords smells like bum.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 84
RE: The proposal - 28/12/2009 1:43:24 PM   
TheClosetMonkey

Sounds brilliant! When do you think you're going to have the big day?

Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?

(in reply to swordsandsandals)
Post #: 85
RE: The proposal - 28/12/2009 3:35:06 PM   
kumar

Hell Borstal, I feel like marrying you after  reading that. Well done 

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to TheClosetMonkey)
Post #: 86
RE: The proposal - 28/12/2009 5:12:10 PM   
Twisted Kitty

Well thats put a smile on my face.  Seems like it went perfectly and just as planned. Big congrats! 

"I have a terrible headache, and a sudden craving for chicken wings"

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 87
RE: The proposal - 28/12/2009 6:10:49 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

Yey, congratulations! 

FTW.

Now read this again, but listen to this while you do.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 88
RE: The proposal - 28/12/2009 9:18:45 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

quote:

Sorry Juan. Some of Lizs friends have now complained to their husbands/fiances how lacking in girly romance their proposals were. One did it by text. (FAIL).

EPIC FAIL, surely?

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 89
RE: The proposal - 28/12/2009 10:17:22 PM   
punchdrunk

quote:

quote:

Yey, congratulations! 

You guysss! *Group hugs all round*

Crongrats Borstal, I'm sure that Log will hang on your wall for many years to come. 

< Message edited by punchdrunk -- 28/12/2009 11:51:29 PM >

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The proposal Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI