Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The proposal

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The proposal Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The proposal - 20/12/2009 8:05:52 AM   
Funkyrae

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

So I asked my missus today and she said yep! The duck place proved the perfect locale, it was covered in snow and really quiet (due to the weather). Now I have to tell my parents. They're not the most supportive of folk so it will no doubt prove difficult.

Congrats Adam! Fantastic stuff!

That's me that is!

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 31
RE: The proposal - 20/12/2009 10:37:08 AM   
borstal

quote:

So I asked my missus today and she said yep! The duck place proved the perfect locale, it was covered in snow and really quiet (due to the weather). Now I have to tell my parents. They're not the most supportive of folk so it will no doubt prove difficult.

Brilliant work mate! You the man.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

Post #: 32
RE: The proposal - 20/12/2009 11:04:21 AM   
sanchia

Is this the final step in Mrs Borstal's journey into horror?

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 33
RE: The proposal - 20/12/2009 12:12:54 PM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zatoichi

A proposal of marriage might actually seem tame compared to all the horror films you've shown her lately.

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Is this the final step in Mrs Borstal's journey into horror?

....mmm I could fashion a proposal out of twigs in a Blair Witch stylee

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

(in reply to Zatoichi)
Post #: 34
RE: The proposal - 20/12/2009 2:09:37 PM   
Twisted Kitty

quote:

Congratulations!  Wishing you all the best for your future together 

"I have a terrible headache, and a sudden craving for chicken wings"

Post #: 35
RE: The proposal - 20/12/2009 3:41:46 PM   
Olaf

quote:

Dude, nice one.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

Post #: 36
RE: Thr proposal - 20/12/2009 4:05:19 PM   
adambatman82

Awhh shucks, cheers guys!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 37
RE: Thr proposal - 20/12/2009 11:20:01 PM   
borstal

Im going to ask her dad tomorrow and search for a log!

Post #: 38
RE: Thr proposal - 20/12/2009 11:25:22 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

I got one if you need it.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 39
RE: Thr proposal - 21/12/2009 12:07:07 AM   
Dirty Hartigan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kilo_T_Mortal

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 40
RE: Thr proposal - 21/12/2009 10:05:39 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirty Hartigan

quote:

Damn it Hartigan!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to Dirty Hartigan)
Post #: 41
RE: Thr proposal - 21/12/2009 1:52:10 PM   
borstal

Ive seen your logs and they wouldnt tempt me!

Just spoken to her dad and his response was 'course you bloody can!'. My sister is on a log hunt behind her house however Wednesday is the only day when my soon-to-be-proposed is in work.

If this doesn't work out I'll have to do it the old fashioned way and simply ask her.

Post #: 42
RE: Thr proposal - 21/12/2009 2:07:41 PM   
lympo

This is so romantic! I wish you all the luck in the world Borstal!

If you read this,you are stupid.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 43
RE: Thr proposal - 21/12/2009 4:13:20 PM   
swordsandsandals

Where exactly is this place? I think you should get all the forumites to come watch.

Congrats Adam. Two of my brothers got married in summer (not to each other) and it was an amazing time, they are both really happy.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rawlinson

Swords is right about everything.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Swords smells like bum.

(in reply to lympo)
Post #: 44
RE: Thr proposal - 21/12/2009 4:19:02 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

quote:

ORIGINAL: swordsandsandals
Two of my brothers got married in summer (not to each other)

horribleives

(in reply to swordsandsandals)
Post #: 45
RE: Thr proposal - 21/12/2009 4:20:43 PM   
swordsandsandals

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: swordsandsandals
Two of my brothers got married in summer (not to each other)

Well  I do live on the Isle of Man...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rawlinson

Swords is right about everything.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Swords smells like bum.

Post #: 46
RE: The proposal - 21/12/2009 5:36:48 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

quote:

Brilliant work mate! You the man.

Awesome job there Adam. Wish you the best of times for the future.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 47
RE: The proposal - 21/12/2009 5:41:29 PM   
Mr Terrific

Congratulations Adam and good luck Borstal. I did the same thing a month or so back. It involved a busted Cadillac and some spray paint. 

..."lost like tears in the rain....."

"He claims he is a man. And one of the things about being a man is getting knocked on your ass and learning from it."

http://www.dccomics.com/heroes_and_villains/?hv=origin_stories/mr_terrific

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 48
RE: The proposal - 21/12/2009 7:57:19 PM   
borstal

I got a log and scrawled the proposal in this afternoon. My hand is still cramping!

(in reply to Mr Terrific)
Post #: 49
RE: The proposal - 21/12/2009 9:12:52 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr Terrific

Congratulations Adam and good luck Borstal. I did the same thing a month or so back. It involved a busted Cadillac and some spray paint.

Congrats man, gotta say Im intrigued about the hint!

Empireonline is proving rather romantic this christmas.

Post #: 50
RE: The proposal - 21/12/2009 10:19:00 PM   
Epiphany Demon

Congratulations to both of you, hope it goes okay Borstal, and praise the lord those ducks didn't turn on you Adam. They're tempestuous creatures. I should tell you about how I lost my leg back in '81 one day...

I'm thinking of proposing to my girlfriend actually. Things have really come together in our relationship recently, but there's a number of things in the way, it's pissing me off. She's a vegetarian; fine in itself, but I'm not gonna be fed carrots for the rest of my life . The other problem is my parents. As much as I love them, they're having trouble accepting her for who she is, which is totally different to every other girl I've been out with and totally different to them. I don't think they'd have such a problem if no one else did. My friends think I'm weird, my girlfriend doesn't have many friends.

And I need to talk it through with my parents. They'll stand by me through thick and thin, but her family don't even live with her anymore. She's kinda a recluse. I don't even know why it is I like her, it's really just one of those situations where beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

So I don't know. I feel like I should ask her to marry me, do the honourable thing and all. On the other hand, she's a donkey.

THE ALTERNATIVE LOOK AT BOB DYLAN'S DISCOGRAPHY - ONE DAY MAYBE I'LL FINISH IT

Post #: 51
RE: The proposal - 22/12/2009 8:18:39 AM   
grucl

quote:

I got a log and scrawled the proposal in this afternoon. My hand is still cramping!

Can you get a picture up in here?

< Message edited by grucl -- 22/12/2009 8:20:13 AM >

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 52
RE: The proposal - 22/12/2009 10:00:49 AM   
borstal

I took one on my mobile but its difficult to see anything. I will get some snaps after the question has been popped.

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 53
RE: The proposal - 22/12/2009 12:29:39 PM   
kumar

yay! i cant wait, the suspense has been killing me. well done to the other proposees too. merry xmas eveybody !

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 54
RE: The proposal - 22/12/2009 12:42:25 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

quote:

quote:

I actually asked my girlfriends dad for permission to pop the question myself tonight.

Thats coming up for me. Possibly this weekend.

"Remember lieutenant, the quickest way to a girl's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in."

Best of luck Borstal and congrats to Adam.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 55
RE: The proposal - 22/12/2009 1:20:20 PM   
Harley Quinn

Just want to add my congratulations to adam I hope you're very happy!

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 56
RE: The proposal - 22/12/2009 1:23:31 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harley Quinn

Just want to add my congratulations to adam I hope you're very happy!

Good going gents...!  

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 57
RE: The proposal - 22/12/2009 9:27:22 PM   
Mr Terrific

quote:

Congrats man, gotta say Im intrigued about the hint!

Google Cadillac Ranch and the rest will fall into place, hopefully. It was fun and I knew was gonna say yes beforehand, but I was still nervous...because I am Mr Terrific and my proposal must be terrific!

OK...*cough* ignore the above.

..."lost like tears in the rain....."

"He claims he is a man. And one of the things about being a man is getting knocked on your ass and learning from it."

http://www.dccomics.com/heroes_and_villains/?hv=origin_stories/mr_terrific

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 58
RE: The proposal - 22/12/2009 9:47:06 PM   
borstal

We da men!

Post #: 59
RE: The proposal - 22/12/2009 10:08:14 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Epiphany Demon

Congratulations to both of you, hope it goes okay Borstal, and praise the lord those ducks didn't turn on you Adam. They're tempestuous creatures. I should tell you about how I lost my leg back in '81 one day...

I'm thinking of proposing to my girlfriend actually. Things have really come together in our relationship recently, but there's a number of things in the way, it's pissing me off. She's a vegetarian; fine in itself, but I'm not gonna be fed carrots for the rest of my life . The other problem is my parents. As much as I love them, they're having trouble accepting her for who she is, which is totally different to every other girl I've been out with and totally different to them. I don't think they'd have such a problem if no one else did. My friends think I'm weird, my girlfriend doesn't have many friends.

And I need to talk it through with my parents. They'll stand by me through thick and thin, but her family don't even live with her anymore. She's kinda a recluse. I don't even know why it is I like her, it's really just one of those situations where beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

So I don't know. I feel like I should ask her to marry me, do the honourable thing and all. On the other hand, she's a donkey.

Im like a latter-day Steve Irwin, animals just seem to love me, so I was quite excited about the ducks being around. Alas, when we showed up to the duck sanctuary the attendant was really pleased someone had finally shown up, saying how no one else had been all day (due to the weather), and that the ducks (and geese, coots and swans) would pounce on us as soon as they saw the bird food we'd brought. And pounce they did! Within seconds I had amassed an army of at least 50 pond birds of varying heights and sizes, and they followed us all around the park, with more joining every step of the way. It was only when I visibly showed them that there was no food left that they finally gave up on us, leaving me to pop the Q. It was all the more memorable though, and proved a wonderful situation with which to stage such an event.

Re- your proposal. Based upon the reaction of those around me this last few days (from family mainly) I realised just how big a deal an engagement is. Family who I haven't seen for the best part of a decade have crawled out of the woodwork to send their wishes, with the whole thing adding up to a situation much bigger than I ever imagined. Its nice to be so popular, but Im kinda shy, and the girlfriend isn't exactly showy either, so its all proved a tad overwhelming if Im honest. What Im basically saying ED, is don't do it unless you're sure, and do it for the right reasons. God, I hope that doesn't sound preachy.

Oh, and while we don't have a date for the wedding set just yet (and won't for a good 18 months!) I've already started thinking about a stag do. I've always wanted to go to San Diego Comic-con, and as my closest circle of friends have grown out of getting hammered for recreation purposed we've decided to go to Comic-con for my send off. Its the sort of thing the missus wouldn't want to do, so it seems perfectly apt for my geeky self.

(in reply to Epiphany Demon)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The proposal Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI