Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The proposal & marriage thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The proposal & marriage thread Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The proposal & marriage thread - 24/6/2012 9:07:12 PM   
Valanya

How is your planning going, JV? Not long now

I won't be engaged for a long time, but some good friends just got engaged which has given me a good opportunity to 'educate' the boyfriend a little bit more as to what kind of ring I would like

What came first, the music or the misery?

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 391
RE: The proposal & marriage thread - 24/6/2012 10:08:12 PM   
big dawg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: big dawg

I get married, this Saturday coming and I'm amazingly not nervous and looking forward to it a lot more than i thought i would be. Any tips on a speech, anyone? I have a rough idea of what want to say in my head.

Congratulations, great to hear you're not nervous about spending the rest of your life with your (soon to be) wife. Most men would be nervous at the idea of committing to someone for the rest of their lives but really they shouldn't be. Spending the rest of your life with someone is a wonderful commitment and will bring you many years (many many years!) of joy and happiness. Just think of it as a great big, smothering blanket.

For the rest of your life.

How'd you feel now?

I've just called it off

I can believe things that are true and I can believe things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not

Gamertag - SqualorVic

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 392
RE: The proposal - 25/6/2012 11:56:23 AM   
Arron_

Congratulations to the successful proposers!

My fiancee and I kind of both agreed that we'd get married whilst in a KFC - very romantic I know. The disappointing thing is that I had a lovely plan for proposal:

For my (then) girlfriends birthday, I had been enquiring about hiring out an old cinema in Leeds (Hyde Park Cinema, if anyones heard of it) for just the two of us. I was going to get them to play her favourite film, then propose when the credits began. Unfortunately, the cinema never got back to me about prices and how many staff would need to be hired and the plan never happened. I now want to properly propose and have it be romantic and lovely. I'm not too sure when or where to do this, but I'm thinking of getting a babysitter and taking my lady out for a posh meal and possibly do it there.

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 393
RE: The proposal - 25/6/2012 12:01:01 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arron_

Congratulations to the successful proposers!

My fiancee and I kind of both agreed that we'd get married whilst in a KFC - very romantic I know. 

You're going to get married in a KFC?  

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Arron_)
Post #: 394
RE: The proposal - 25/6/2012 12:17:02 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

For my (then) girlfriends birthday, I had been enquiring about hiring out an old cinema in Leeds (Hyde Park Cinema, if anyones heard of it) for just the two of us. I was going to get them to play her favourite film, then propose when the credits began. Unfortunately, the cinema never got back to me about prices and how many staff would need to be hired and the plan never happened. I now want to properly propose and have it be romantic and lovely. I'm not too sure when or where to do this, but I'm thinking of getting a babysitter and taking my lady out for a posh meal and possibly do it there.

I was going to get married at the Hyde Park picture house! It was arranged, but my folks kicked up a storm a few weeks before the wedding and we wound up scaling back considerably. I'm friends with the folk that run the place (I've worked with them in the past), so could point you in the right direction if you still fancy taking a shot at that?

(in reply to Arron_)
Post #: 395
RE: The proposal - 12/7/2012 8:43:24 PM   
big dawg

My wedding was pretty awesome. Honestly had a top top day. My Aunt turned up from Australia, after being away for 5 years, on the morning of it and surprised me at the house then surprised my (new) wife straight after the ceremony as we were walking out. Really made the day even more special.

In short, Weddings: Highly recommended

I can believe things that are true and I can believe things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not

Gamertag - SqualorVic

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 396
RE: The proposal & marriage thread - 19/8/2012 10:14:38 PM   
JV

quote:

ORIGINAL: Valanya

How is your planning going, JV? Not long now

I know you posted this ages ago but can I just say 3 WEEKS!!! Cannot believe how quickly time has gone. This weekend we have made the wedding favours and chosen our "vows" - it's in inverted commas because it's a series of declarations, promises, etc. Mr JV chose the only pre-written promise I liked, so I've written my own.

Had my hen do last weekend. Tank driving followed by afternoon tea. It was AWESOME!!

but love is the sky and i am for you
just so long and long enough

(in reply to Valanya)
Post #: 397
RE: The proposal & marriage thread - 20/8/2012 3:07:52 PM   
lulu karma

That is so great! I can't wait to see the pictures.

I just caught myself. I am not used to using our Empire monikers and almost typed your name.

Mr. karma and I delayed our March nuptials with my new job and buying a house. However, we have started talking about eloping the week after Thanksgiving. I can see after the huge meal saying, "That was great. Now we're off to get married. We'll email pics. Bye!"

I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi and we're in that fucked-up bar.

This is the captain speaking. It appears we are going down. Now may be the time to reflect upon your life and pray to whatever deity you believe in. We know you have your choice of airlines and apparently you made the wrong one.

The eyes are the nipples of the face.

(in reply to JV)
Post #: 398
RE: The proposal & marriage thread - 21/8/2012 10:23:07 PM   
JV

Thanks for the good wishes, and particularly for not using my real name!

So a marriage for you before the year is out is highly possible, yay! Even if you elope I hope you find a stranger or someone to take a few snaps.

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 399
RE: The proposal & marriage thread - 13/9/2012 9:05:58 AM   
JV

We did it! Tied the knot on Sunday in a civil ceremony at a country park near us where we often go for walks. I'm now a married woman, so keep your hands off, Empirites!

(in reply to JV)
Post #: 400
RE: The proposal & marriage thread - 13/9/2012 12:09:43 PM   
jcthefirst

Woo. Congrats.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to JV)
Post #: 401
RE: The proposal & marriage thread - 13/9/2012 6:47:48 PM   
Valanya

Congrats JV!

What came first, the music or the misery?

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 402
RE: The proposal - 17/9/2012 12:48:28 PM   
Arron_

I plan on re-proposing to my fiancee shortly as I never properly did it before. Her birthday is in three and a half months and I'd like to do it on her birthday. There's a slight difficulty in that her mum always takes us out for something to eat (pizza hut, that sort of thing) on her birthday and so I'm wondering how I can do something special. I wanted to hire out a cinema and have her favourite film played last year, but that didn't work out, but like an idiot I told her about the idea, so I can't do that. I'm starting to stress about it a little bit, but only because I want it to be something awesome.
I saw on the news that someone proposed to their girlfriend by going on a log flume with her and friends, getting the girlfriend to sit at the front, having the friends have signs that they hold up for the ride picture that says 'will you marry me?' and then they go look at the picture and he gets on one knee...

I wish I'd come up with that.

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 403
RE: The proposal - 18/9/2012 9:45:34 PM   
JV

Arron, it depends on what she would like. Personally the log flume idea sounds horrific but she might like it.

A friend of mine loves sharks and her fiance took her to Seaworld. He arranged in advance for an employee who was a diver to go in the shark tank and hold up a sign saying "will you marry me?" on it as they walked through. She absolutely loved it and he had really gone to a lot of effort, but more importantly it was done via something she really loved.

So is there a hobby of hers you could incorporate into the re-proposal?

(in reply to Arron_)
Post #: 404
RE: The proposal - 19/9/2012 7:43:51 AM   
jonson

quote:

I saw on the news that someone proposed to their girlfriend by going on a log flume with her and friends, getting the girlfriend to sit at the front, having the friends have signs that they hold up for the ride picture that says 'will you marry me?' and then they go look at the picture and he gets on one knee...

I thought that was great, here is the pic.....

Love the shark idea JV. It would be even cooler if the shark swam by and there was an arm sticking out of its mouth holding the sign

And congrats btw, glad you had a great day

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Arron_)
Post #: 405
RE: The proposal - 30/9/2012 9:47:25 PM   
steffols

Now that the whole family has FINALLY been told I can now very happily announce that my amazing other half and I are now engaged!

We had to wait most of the week before we could tell his parents but we finally got to do it today so now we can actually start telling people!

< Message edited by steffols -- 30/9/2012 9:52:46 PM >

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 406
RE: The proposal - 30/9/2012 9:49:58 PM   
matty_b

Aw, congrats Steffs - that's amazing news for you!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 407
RE: The proposal - 30/9/2012 10:11:51 PM   
steffols

Thanks Matty! Have only been able to tell a very select few people so being able to publish it is a great feeling. I can't wait to get my ring back tomorrow!

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 408
RE: The proposal - 30/9/2012 10:38:34 PM   
MovieAddict247

Awww, that's great news Steff! Congratulations!

VOTE NOW for your favourite vocalist - Empire's Favourite Voices

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 409
RE: The proposal - 1/10/2012 7:08:56 AM   
JV

Congrats, Steffols! You have many months of stressful wedding planning ahead of you!

Great news.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 410
RE: The proposal - 1/10/2012 9:28:25 PM   
steffols

Thanks JV! I haven't even begun to think about planning, the only thing we know is that his brother is best man and my best friend is chief bridesmaid!

Said best friend is getting married in 2014 and I'm chief bridesmaid at that, it's going to be a very weddingy couple of years!

(in reply to JV)
Post #: 411
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The proposal & marriage thread Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI