Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The proposal

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The proposal Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The proposal - 3/7/2010 8:35:53 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Those shoes are hideous! Well, I think they are anyway I can complement you on your choice of phone though....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 301
RE: The proposal - 3/7/2010 4:47:15 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Those shoes are hideous! Well, I think they are anyway I can complement you on your choice of phone though....

Charmer!! I understand that not everyone likes brogues, but they're my favourite type of shoe.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 302
RE: The proposal - 3/7/2010 5:51:41 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkyrae

I just got engaged!

Does this mean someone will now finally use the Imperial March to walk down the aisle?

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 303
RE: The proposal - 3/7/2010 6:27:53 PM   
Toby Monroe

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

And these are the amazing shoes. I always wear brown brogues, its kind of my 'thing', so I've splashed out on these beauties from M&S. They were bloody expensive, but rather exclusive. They'll apparently last forever too, so should keep me befooted while I save for a pair of Jeffrey West's!

You're from Leeds, you like brogues, it's your wedding (financial extravagance is a must), and you've not got your brogues from Oliver Sweeney?

Three words; Orate Blue Tamponato.

Fit or Fugly score: 3/10

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 304
RE: The proposal - 4/7/2010 11:26:53 AM   
Funkyrae

quote:

ORIGINAL: clownfoot

quote:

I just got engaged!

Does this mean someone will now finally use the Imperial March to walk down the aisle?

That is a very distinct possibility! We're going to be having a full outdoor ceremony though. We're going to have a sword display as well as some belly dancing.

That's me that is!

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 305
RE: The proposal - 4/7/2010 1:01:35 PM   
Rebenectomy

Congrats Funky, always great to hear of others joining the club  Any date/plans/theme in mind yet?

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 306
RE: The proposal - 4/7/2010 2:09:05 PM   
Funkyrae

Thank you! Won't be for a couple of years yet. I have a Masters to think about before I turn into a Bridezilla. It will be a handfasting though as we're both pagans, that much is certain. My fiancé's father owns a fairly large farm, we're going to use the land for the ceremony and reception. That's about as much as is actually planned at the moment.

That's me that is!

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 307
RE: The proposal - 4/7/2010 8:03:52 PM   
Fanboyslayer

quote:

Thank you! Won't be for a couple of years yet. I have a Masters to think about before I turn into a Bridezilla. It will be a handfasting though as we're both pagans, that much is certain. My fiancé's father owns a fairly large farm, we're going to use the land for the ceremony and reception. That's about as much as is actually planned at the moment.

Congrats Funky. My sis had a pagan wedding in a local field. Had the whole pig on spit, mead (I think) and we all had to dress in 1300's gear I think it was. It was the best wedding (apart from my own of course) that I've ever been to. We all camped afterwards as well so we didn't have far to crawl Hail Gods of the east, hail Gods fo the west etc etc Just brilliant fun!

Just to spare peoples blushes I feel it's only right that I should point out I'm a girl people! Not in a Crying Game way in the born without a willy way. I hope that's cleared that up.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 308
RE: The proposal - 4/7/2010 9:05:33 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toby Monroe

quote:

And these are the amazing shoes. I always wear brown brogues, its kind of my 'thing', so I've splashed out on these beauties from M&S. They were bloody expensive, but rather exclusive. They'll apparently last forever too, so should keep me befooted while I save for a pair of Jeffrey West's!

You're from Leeds, you like brogues, it's your wedding (financial extravagance is a must), and you've not got your brogues from Oliver Sweeney?

Three words; Orate Blue Tamponato.

Too expensive!!

(in reply to Toby Monroe)
Post #: 309
RE: The proposal - 6/7/2010 8:10:21 AM   
borstal

How long until your wedding day Adam?

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

Post #: 310
RE: The proposal - 20/7/2010 2:18:24 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

How long until your wedding day Adam?

19th August! It's weird to think that I'm getting married next month.

An update. Those shoes didn't go with my suit, so I bought these from Kurt Geiger -

I've just booked the transport to the wedding too;

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 311
RE: The proposal - 20/7/2010 2:37:26 PM   
Rinc

I saw someone use a red bus for their wedding the other day. Looked brilliant.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

Post #: 312
RE: The proposal - 20/7/2010 3:07:15 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Better shoes!!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

Post #: 313
RE: The proposal - 20/7/2010 3:59:33 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Better shoes!!

Ha cheers!

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 314
RE: The proposal - 20/7/2010 4:01:01 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

I saw someone use a red bus for their wedding the other day. Looked brilliant.

Yes, I think they're just on the right side of good tacky (as opposed to bad tacky). I'm really looking forward to it, I get to have a look around the garage next week (its a restoration company that have a whole bunch of old busses in Yorkshire).

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 315
RE: The proposal - 12/8/2010 6:16:12 PM   
adambatman82

So, the wedding is one week from today! In fact, this time next week we will be waiting for the train to our Honeymoon!

To say its a stressful time would be a major understatement! Not only is the wedding on Thursday, but I have my thesis hand in due for Wednesday. In between now and then I need to effectively type up the final 5000 words of that, get it bound (at major cost for last minute-ness) and sort out moving most of our furniture into the new house! So yes, its all very hectic.

Post #: 316
RE: The proposal - 12/8/2010 6:22:44 PM   
Sway

quote:

So, the wedding is one week from today! In fact, this time next week we will be waiting for the train to our Honeymoon!

To say its a stressful time would be a major understatement! Not only is the wedding on Thursday, but I have my thesis hand in due for Wednesday. In between now and then I need to effectively type up the final 5000 words of that, get it bound (at major cost for last minute-ness) and sort out moving most of our furniture into the new house! So yes, its all very hectic.

Dear God man, were you looking for ways to have an heart attack when you set the date of your wedding?!

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

Post #: 317
RE: The proposal - 12/8/2010 6:48:47 PM   
Rebenectomy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

quote:

Dear God man, were you looking for ways to have an heart attack when you set the date of your wedding?!

After that much stress I predict that you will get well and truely hammered at the reception, just make sure you're up to the old consummation later on

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 318
RE: The proposal - 12/8/2010 7:47:01 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

quote:

Ha, no, the deadline was moved forward after we set the date. I never realised that deadlines could be moved forward, but this just proves that I know nothing.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 319
RE: The proposal - 13/8/2010 11:57:43 PM   
borstal

Close now Adam!

I'll be in the Lakes on Thursday so may not have any internet access. Have an amazing day, it will utterly fly by so listen to Borstal

MAKE SURE YOU GRAB A QUIET MOMENT WITH FUTURE MRS ADAMB AND SOAK IN THE FACT YOU TWO ARE MARRIED.

Seriously, it goes so quick and everyone wants to have a chat with you both so make sure you do as the borstal say!

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

Post #: 320
RE: The proposal - 14/8/2010 12:20:23 AM   
Deviation

OH FUCKING NO. Talking in third person....it's spreading.

< Message edited by Deviation -- 14/8/2010 12:56:31 AM >

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 321
RE: The proposal - 15/8/2010 4:52:45 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Close now Adam!

I'll be in the Lakes on Thursday so may not have any internet access. Have an amazing day, it will utterly fly by so listen to Borstal

MAKE SURE YOU GRAB A QUIET MOMENT WITH FUTURE MRS ADAMB AND SOAK IN THE FACT YOU TWO ARE MARRIED.

Seriously, it goes so quick and everyone wants to have a chat with you both so make sure you do as the borstal say!

Cheers mate, I'm at the stressful stage right now, should be in a position to get excited sometime around Wednesday afternoon tho, when my thesis is handed in!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 322
RE: The proposal - 15/8/2010 7:39:44 PM   
the anomaly

Personnel question ... how much did you guys spend on your rings? Just want to get an idea for ermmm erghhhh ... you know ...

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to share with the world.

Post #: 323
RE: The proposal - 15/8/2010 10:08:31 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

Personnel question ... how much did you guys spend on your rings? Just want to get an idea for ermmm erghhhh ... you know ...

Engagement ring? Or wedding ring? My girlfriend is only dainty, so for our engagement I only bought a small diamond ring, 18 carat, cost less than £100. I guess it depends what your missus is like, but my girlfriend is into antiques so really liked the fact that her ring was an antique one (which in turn was cheaper for me!).

Good luck if you go for it!

< Message edited by adambatman82 -- 15/8/2010 10:09:02 PM >

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 324
RE: The proposal - 16/8/2010 1:44:07 PM   
Twisted Kitty

Went wedding shopping at the weekend.  Had a great time.  Mum managed to get her wedding outfit (very stylish and looks fab) and we got my stepdaughter's bridesmaid dress and tiara (absolutely gorgeous).  Later, we went into a bridal shop and had the best direct talking sales person EVER.  All the others have been really snotty and right up themselves especially when they see my tattooed back.  This sales person was brilliant and had me try on a dress that showed my back off and that wasnt OTT as I told her I wasnt after a big flouncy puffball.  She then went on to say "the majority of brides dont listen to her advice and end up looking like dogs dinners in huge meringues and look like shit".  I loved the directness of this woman - and hopefully have found my dress 

ps.  Adam - very best of luck with the wedding.  Hope you have a great day.

< Message edited by Twisted Kitty -- 16/8/2010 1:50:50 PM >

"I have a terrible headache, and a sudden craving for chicken wings"

Post #: 325
RE: The proposal - 16/8/2010 3:05:13 PM   
kata

Wow 3 days to go.  Good luck Adam, and those shoes...

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Twisted Kitty)
Post #: 326
RE: The proposal - 16/8/2010 3:21:27 PM   
Funkyrae

quote:

Why, do you want to employ them? I don't know how much mine was, I know it wasn't amazingly expensive though. Considering it's diamonds and emeralds it could have been a helluva lot more.

My wonderful fiancé has also suggested that the thing I wanted to do for my fortieth (i.e. go cage diving with Great Whites) is now something we'll do for our honeymoon! [sm=w00t.gif

So although we haven't planned much yet, just general discussion about where, entertainment, food etc. I do know that we're going to do THIS on honeymoon!

That's me that is!

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 327
RE: The proposal - 16/8/2010 3:26:05 PM   
jonson

Awesome Funky, awesome, I'm envious. We'll be expecting photos. 
Good luck for Thursday Adam, well done for not going with the Geography teacher shoes.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 328
RE: The proposal & marriage thread - 16/8/2010 10:25:35 PM   
adambatman82

And I thought we were home and dry....

My parents have kicked off yet again. For some bizarre reason they think I've overestimated just how much time we need to get to the ceremony, so have gone behind my back and changed everything. I need to be at the ceremony for 1.30, so gave ourselves an hour to get there in the vintage bus. My father thinks that I'm wrong and has moved the pick up time forward to 1 oclock, just 30 minutes before the ceremony. It takes 40 minutes to get there from my house on a quiet day, so we have no chance in only 30 minutes. Alas my father is NEVER wrong so is refusing to back down.

This is the last thing I need right now.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 329
RE: The proposal - 17/8/2010 12:06:32 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

quote:

Engagement ring? Or wedding ring? My girlfriend is only dainty, so for our engagement I only bought a small diamond ring, 18 carat, cost less than £100. I guess it depends what your missus is like, but my girlfriend is into antiques so really liked the fact that her ring was an antique one (which in turn was cheaper for me!).

Good luck if you go for it!

Thanks Adambatman.

I won't be taking the leap any time soon ... but it's something I need to seriously be working towards (financially & ... in every other sense ). Suddenly the whole concept is not that far away any more. Me lady say's she'd be happy with anything, and the idea of an antique ring has come up too. I'm sure she mean's it and honestly if she's going to have the ring for the rest of her life ... I can imagine her loosing it. So I'd hate to spend load's and have it be lost. On the other hand I don't want to spend too little either.

quote:

quote:

Why, do you want to employ them?

Don't Funky ... if you pointed out all my spelling mistakes with witty remarks ... you'd waste a large portion of your life!

quote:

I don't know how much mine was, I know it wasn't amazingly expensive though. Considering it's diamonds and emeralds it could have been a helluva lot more.

Hmmmm see ... I mean what's amazingly expensive to you? I guess that's the point .... I dunno. I obviously can't compare my life to everyone, but yeah like again I don't want to be a cheap skate. I remember reading about all the De Beers bullshit, the ring should be three months wages or something. I can't afford that at the moment. But hmm I wiki'd and said the average in the U.S was like $2,200 or somthing I worked it out to about £1,400 or somthing. I'd say that's expensive for where I am right now.

quote:

My wonderful fiancé has also suggested that the thing I wanted to do for my fortieth (i.e. go cage diving with Great Whites) is now something we'll do for our honeymoon! [sm=w00t.gif

So although we haven't planned much yet, just general discussion about where, entertainment, food etc. I do know that we're going to do THIS on honeymoon!

Kinky.

Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The proposal Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI