Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The proposal

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The proposal Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The proposal - 7/6/2010 1:04:38 PM   
Chief

I'm off to Cuba tomorrow and get married on the 18th. Can't wait!

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 271
RE: The proposal - 8/6/2010 9:02:55 AM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

Well, the wedding plans took another unexpected turn yesterday.

My grandmother died suddenly yesterday afternoon. She had a fall on Monday, but regained consciousness before falling into a coma yesterday morning and passing away just a few hours later. Apparently one of the final things she was talking about was how excited she was about my wedding! Anyway, with my family in mourning, and the funeral scheduled for next friday, I've started to think that I should probably incorporate my larger family into the wedding somehow, as it will be the first opportunity, post-funeral for everyone to get together without my gran. I've actually managed to convince myself that if I weren't to do something for the entire family, then I may actually be jeopardising the future of the extended family itself! Basically, now my gran is gone, I don't really want to set the precedent of us not celebrating such occasions as a family.

I'm thinking a large party the week after wedding might be a good idea. Thoughts?

Sorry to hear that Adam.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 272
RE: The proposal - 15/6/2010 11:27:17 AM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Sorry to hear that Adam.

Thanks mate. Anyway, hows married life treating you?!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 273
RE: The proposal - 15/6/2010 11:28:55 AM   
adambatman82

We decided on the song that we would leave the ceremony to last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KhGUE_KjIo

I put it on our very first mix tape (well, CD), and its still a favourite.

Post #: 274
RE: The proposal - 15/6/2010 1:22:02 PM   
homersimpson_esq

I've never heard of them before, so gave it a listen, and then checked the lyrics cos I couldn't hear them too well. One line, "I made a mistake in my life today"... Hmmm... 

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

Post #: 275
RE: The proposal - 15/6/2010 1:25:56 PM   
steffols

One song that I think should be played at every wedding. Its definitely going to be played at mine one day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqjQjz3nixY

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 276
RE: The proposal - 15/6/2010 2:47:58 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

I've never heard of them before, so gave it a listen, and then checked the lyrics cos I couldn't hear them too well. One line, "I made a mistake in my life today"... Hmmm...†

I know, but I think the emphasis is more on the "I want to start over, I want to be winning" aspect that would fit the wedding! I think the chorus of the song is incredibly romantic too, its just a shame that the second verse includes the line "Can I get a minute of not being nervous and not thinking of my dick", alongside several uses of the word 'shit'. I'm sure we'll all be out of the room by the time the second verse starts tho!

We're using this song while we sign the paperwork -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEFugVbzsSo

I'm sure you'll approve Homer! I actually well up just watching that bit out of context!

< Message edited by adambatman82 -- 15/6/2010 2:48:51 PM >

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 277
RE: The proposal - 15/6/2010 4:41:42 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Oh God, yes! That's the best montage ever. So, so good.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

Post #: 278
RE: The proposal - 15/6/2010 7:30:16 PM   
adambatman82

Would anyone recommend anywhere in particular for affordable, nice wedding rings? We're going to buy them at the weekend, and for myself I don't particular mind what its like, as long as its subtle and doesn't turn my finger green. Any advice would be much appreciated.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 279
RE: The proposal - 15/6/2010 10:01:46 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

Anyone want to marry me?

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

Post #: 280
RE: The proposal - 19/6/2010 9:04:32 PM   
adambatman82

Right guys, I need thy help. I'm looking at writing a reading for my wedding, to be read out by a close friend. I want said speech to be made up of romantic quotes from films and literature, but not the standard issue rubbish. Soooo, I'm hoping that all my friends here on the forums would like to help out by suggesting romantic lines or chunks of text. I don't want to miss anything too good out. The speech will be humourous in tone, as the source of the brunt of the text becomes more clear as it goes on. So yes, your help would be much appreciated! Cheers!

< Message edited by adambatman82 -- 19/6/2010 9:05:53 PM >

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 281
RE: The proposal - 19/6/2010 9:29:08 PM   
Castor Troy

I proposed to my GF of 8 years about a month ago. The wedding plans are doing my head in already. I can think of so many better things to spend the money on.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

Post #: 282
RE: The proposal - 19/6/2010 9:30:22 PM   
adambatman82

Right, here are our revised wedding songs.

My girlfriend will be walking in to Theme De Camille by Georges Delarue. In spite of being from a Godard film, believe me when I say that this wasn't actually chosen by me!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqXh_QhypX4

This will be played during the interval while we sign the paperwork. Its the love theme from Cinema Paradiso.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEFugVbzsSo

And as we leave this will be played. I genuinely think its the most beautiful song ever written, and was so surprised when the missus said yes to it. Layla (piano exit) by Derek And The Dominoes. It plays during the "hit" scene in Goodfellas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbwFXngs9Lw

Post #: 283
RE: The proposal - 19/6/2010 9:31:51 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Castor Troy

I proposed to my GF of 8 years about a month ago. The wedding plans are doing my head in already. I can think of so many better things to spend the money on.

And who says romance is dead! To be fair we've done it on an amazingly small budget. We haven't bought into any of that "official" wedding rubbish, which is damn expensive.

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 284
RE: The proposal - 20/6/2010 1:40:57 AM   
Funkyrae

quote:

Right guys, I need thy help. I'm looking at writing a reading for my wedding, to be read out by a close friend. I want said speech to be made up of romantic quotes from films and literature, but not the standard issue rubbish. Soooo, I'm hoping that all my friends here on the forums would like to help out by suggesting romantic lines or chunks of text. I don't want to miss anything too good out. The speech will be humourous in tone, as the source of the brunt of the text becomes more clear as it goes on. So yes, your help would be much appreciated! Cheers!

PM sent

That's me that is!

Post #: 285
RE: The proposal - 20/6/2010 5:44:07 PM   
Rinc

quote:

Is it raining? I hadn't noticed.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

Post #: 286
RE: The proposal - 20/6/2010 8:30:02 PM   
Funkyrae

You had to Rinc didn't you? You can definitely forget a vote for Groundhog Day now you know.

That's me that is!

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 287
RE: The proposal - 20/6/2010 9:01:33 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

You had me at 'shoot on my face'....

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 288
RE: The proposal - 21/6/2010 8:54:54 AM   
borstal

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Sorry to hear that Adam.

Thanks mate. Anyway, hows married life treating you?!

Its great but there is a slight empty feeling of not planning anything and we get less texts and messages than we did before we got married.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

Post #: 289
RE: The proposal - 21/6/2010 9:13:39 AM   
Rebenectomy

For Adam:

"Love means ALWAYS having to say you're sorry, even when you're not"

From Love Story, the Directors Cut.

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 290
RE: The proposal - 21/6/2010 10:03:56 AM   
sharkboy

Always liked the following from Good Will Hunting myself:

quote:

I'd ask you about love, you'd probably quote me a sonnet. But you've never looked at a woman and been totally vulnerable. Known someone that could level you with her eyes, feeling like God put an angel on earth just for you. Who could rescue you from the depths of hell. And you wouldn't know what it's like to be her angel, to have that love for her, be there forever, through anything 

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 291
RE: The proposal - 21/6/2010 10:11:25 AM   
HIM

If you're going with Good Will Hunting I think you should go with:

quote:

She used to fart in her sleep. I thought Iíd share that with you. One night it was so loud it woke the dog up. She woke up and went Ďah was that you?í And I didnít have the heart to tell her.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 292
RE: The proposal - 21/6/2010 12:47:10 PM   
adambatman82

Cheers guys, Good Will Hunting appears to be a veritable mine of great quotes (with my favourite being the Funky suggested "You're not perfect, sport, and let me save you the suspense: this girl you've met, she's not perfect either. But the question is whether or not you're perfect for each other."). So yeah, cheers for those.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 293
RE: The proposal - 21/6/2010 12:51:44 PM   
borstal

BTW We 'waltzed' across the length of Grand Central to re-enact my fave cinematic scene of what love feels like....to many amused stares.

Post #: 294
RE: The proposal - 1/7/2010 8:20:54 PM   
Funkyrae

I just got engaged!

That's me that is!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 295
RE: The proposal - 1/7/2010 8:41:32 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkyrae

I just got engaged!

That's brilliant Funky!! So happy for you. You deserve it.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 296
RE: The proposal - 1/7/2010 8:46:40 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

I just got engaged!

Congratulations! Let me know if theres anything I can do for you!

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 297
RE: The proposal - 1/7/2010 8:58:43 PM   
adambatman82

I got my suit and shoes for the wedding this week. Here's the suit. Its from Reiss, and is double breasted. I was apprehensive about double breasted, but it looks really distinctive and unconventional (which is what I was going for) -

And these are the amazing shoes. I always wear brown brogues, its kind of my 'thing', so I've splashed out on these beauties from M&S. They were bloody expensive, but rather exclusive. They'll apparently last forever too, so should keep me befooted while I save for a pair of Jeffrey West's!

Post #: 298
RE: The proposal - 2/7/2010 2:21:34 AM   
Amelie_Scotland

quote:

I just got engaged!

Excellent, many congratulations to you Funky!

I'm clean, I'm conscientious and I travel with my own tits.

You may not be able to change the world, but at least you can embarrass the guilty.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 299
RE: The proposal - 2/7/2010 8:06:09 AM   
borstal

quote:

I just got engaged!

Nice!

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The proposal Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI