Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Carriers - 13/12/2009 9:29:16 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Carriers - 13/12/2009 9:29:16 PM   
Timon

A decent little film, if betrayed by its modest budget and the feeling it's only got a release because of Chris Pine's new found fame.

Tight, taut and suitably bleak but you can't help there was a little more of a threat - looters and such are glimpsed and encountered but there never seems a great sense of danger.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Carriers - 13/12/2009 9:31:41 PM   
Timon

A decent little film, if betrayed by its modest budget and the feeling it's only got a release because of Chris Pine's new found fame.

Tight, taut and suitably bleak but you can't help there was a little more of a threat - looters and such are glimpsed and encountered but there never seems a great sense of danger.

Post #: 3
Dull, dull, dull - 14/12/2009 10:06:58 PM   
silent_dave

Dull film that clearly had no point.
Characters i couldn't identify with, nor feel any real pity for, nor care for.
For a band of survivors who from the onset of the film try to establish that everyone is dead; they don't half come across a lot of people.
The virus lacked believability, menace or any real causality. No back story, rumours, or hearsay made it hard to accept.

I hope the world isn't struck down with a plague like this, for i would surely die of boredom first.

Post #: 4
- 16/12/2009 10:47:26 PM   
n13roy

I think 3 stars was just about right for this one, and the review was very accurate too. Ironically there was a BIG laugh in the screening I was at, when the young Girl, after hitting a good Golf shot said " Tiger Woods can kiss my Arse "......how very apt, Eh !!!!........

Post #: 5
post apocalyptic floop - 3/1/2010 3:13:21 PM   
Mikeyjoewhit

dont get me wrong i love my apocalypse films, they intrigue me, i like having conversations about what i'd do in that situation, but this is a zombie film without any bloody zombies, where's the fun in that, at no point during this film do the characters feel as if they are in any real danger, just don't go anywhere near people with the infection sorted, at any rate this could have done much more, 3 stars for the plot but in the long run it had more potential.

Post #: 6
- 10/2/2010 9:18:51 AM   
duncan1964

Could be seen as a teenage version of "The Road", as four friends try to get to the coast after a virus wipes out most of the population. It keeps the horror to a minimum and instead works as a well crafted character study. the only downside is the annoying performance by Chris Pine

Post #: 7
- 10/2/2010 9:18:52 AM   
duncan1964

Could be seen as a teenage version of "The Road", as four friends try to get to the coast after a virus wipes out most of the population. It keeps the horror to a minimum and instead works as a well crafted character study. the only downside is the annoying performance by Chris Pine

Post #: 8
Okay But Not One To Remember. - 3/4/2010 3:24:48 PM   
joanna likes films

Carriers isn't a totally awful film, nor a outstanding one. The suspense was there, it kept me on the edge of my seat and was something different to watch. But I didn't feel anything for the characters (Chris Pine's pefomance was the worst out of the lot.) He is the only reason that this film came out, if Star Trek didn't do well it would be just a another straight to DVD movie. It was low budget, no real proper story and the ending just ends. It's not one to keep but something to check out for a Friday night entertainment.

Post #: 9
Okay But Not One To Remember. - 3/4/2010 3:24:48 PM   
joanna likes films

Carriers isn't a totally awful film, nor a outstanding one. The suspense was there, it kept me on the edge of my seat and was something different to watch. But I didn't feel anything for the characters (Chris Pine's pefomance was the worst out of the lot.) He is the only reason that this film came out, if Star Trek didn't do well it would be just a another straight to DVD movie. It was low budget, no real proper story and the ending just ends. It's not one to keep but something to check out for a Friday night entertainment.

Post #: 10
- 13/1/2012 7:45:39 PM   
Turd Ferguson

Simply "ok". No strong feelings one way or the other. Pine did a good job at acting like a complete a-hole. Perabo was surprisingly pretty solid. The other two leads, mainly the guy, were atrocious. That said, the whole thing came together pretty well given the problems it had to overcome. Pretty uneven but emotionally engaging at times.

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Carriers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI