Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> Doctor Who novels Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Doctor Who novels - 1/12/2009 1:05:36 PM   
The Hooded Man

Can anyone recommend any decent ones?

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.
Post #: 1
RE: Doctor Who novels - 1/12/2009 1:20:06 PM   
MOTH

go back to the old Terrance Dicks ones. The ones featuring the Fourth Doctor (Tom Baker) were the ones i enjoyed most - a strong horror theme running through them, plenty of run-ins with Daleks and Cybermen and if I remember right, 6 of the books were linked in the quest for 6 cystal segments that made up the Key of TIme *quick google* (The Ribos Operation, The Pirate Planet, The Stones of Blood, The Androids of Tara, The Power of Kroll, The Armageddon Factor). The ones where two or more of the Doctors met up were also good fun.

I've only gone and set up a blog! This week I've been mostly reviewing The Lego Movie and Wadjda. Click: The Fast Picture Show

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 2
RE: Doctor Who novels - 1/12/2009 1:30:10 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

Can anyone recommend any decent ones?

The Dying Days
(8th Doctor) and The Eyeless (10th Doctor solo) both by Lance Parkin were both decent. Not read it myself, but Human Nature is generally well rated and it's available for free off the official website, along with a few others, including Dying Days:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/ebooks/

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 3
RE: Doctor Who novels - 12/12/2009 2:30:02 PM   
jonathan74

quote:

ORIGINAL: MOTH

go back to the old Terrance Dicks ones. The ones featuring the Fourth Doctor (Tom Baker) were the ones i enjoyed most - a strong horror theme running through them, plenty of run-ins with Daleks and Cybermen and if I remember right, 6 of the books were linked in the quest for 6 cystal segments that made up the Key of TIme *quick google* (The Ribos Operation, The Pirate Planet, The Stones of Blood, The Androids of Tara, The Power of Kroll, The Armageddon Factor). The ones where two or more of the Doctors met up were also good fun.

For some rights reason, The Pirate Planet was never novelised.

BBC books published a series of books before the TV show was relaunched.  I read as many decent ones as bad ones.  Last of the Gaderene by Mark Gatiss, Festival of Death by Jonathan Morris and Grave Matter by Justin Richards are my favourite three from this range.  I think they're out of print, but you can probably pick 'em on Ebay.

Do you really care about the last 5 movies I watched?

(in reply to MOTH)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> Doctor Who novels Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI