Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 29/8/2006 8:35:02 PM   
King_Wah

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Mighty

I just miss Boomtown

I was just thinking about this show today and I was going to start a thread on it but thought I would search first.

It was a really good show,  Donnie Wahlberg was a great actor and Neal McDonough was great as the sleazy DA.

I am big, it's the forum that got smaller.

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 121
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 29/8/2006 8:49:01 PM   
sanchia

The Bronx Bunny show.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to King_Wah)
Post #: 122
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 29/8/2006 10:43:18 PM   
matthewforan

Another vote for Tru Calling, Eerie Indiana and Arrested Development. Tru Calling was a OK show i saw a few episodes on ITV2 or 3 and i liked it Dushku was mmmmmmmmm in it. Eerie Indiana is the Twighlight Zone for 20 somethings all over the UK. And don't get me started on Arrested Development, I hate what they did to that show. DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 123
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 29/8/2006 11:15:52 PM   
The Mighty

quote:

ORIGINAL: matthewforan

Another vote for Tru Calling, Eerie Indiana and Arrested Development. Tru Calling was a OK show i saw a few episodes on ITV2 or 3 and i liked it Dushku was mmmmmmmmm in it. Eerie Indiana is the Twighlight Zone for 20 somethings all over the UK. And don't get me started on Arrested Development, I hate what they did to that show. DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL.

I'm actually surprised at how long Fox kept Arrested Devlopment on the air, seeing as the ratings got from bad to worse during its three season run. And Showtime actually offered the makers a chance to continue the show, which was turned down because there were worried that they wouldn't be able to keep he quality as high. But damn them all to hell. I loved that show.

(in reply to matthewforan)
Post #: 124
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 29/8/2006 11:30:20 PM   
UrbanAngel

Bigfoot and the Hendersons

*Official owner of a Balrog*

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 125
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 30/8/2006 12:16:05 AM   
Cruisecontroller

North Square. A legal drama set in Leeds with a cool Yuppie cast. Was on in 2000 on C4. Really good but didn`t get enough viewers.

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

(in reply to King_Wah)
Post #: 126
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 30/8/2006 10:52:55 AM   
Base

Alien Nation

Infinitely better than the film it was based on!!  Note to any series producers tho, if you must end on a cliffhanger MAKE THE LAST EPISODE AT THE SAME TIME IN CASE YOU GET CANCELLED!!!!!

Ok, there were a few TV movies after it's cancellation to make up for it, but more seasons would have been prefereable!!!!

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to Blunderbuss)
Post #: 127
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 30/8/2006 10:59:43 AM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

The Bronx Bunny show.

Zig and Zag getting down and dirty, I loved it. They're now doing a talk show in Ireland called Podge and Rodge, irreverant as ever and great watching.

I gotta give a shoult out to Brimstone, fuck that show was quality, and one season was all it got?! I'd actually like to see that again, wonder is there a dvd out there somewhere? The great ones never last, it sucks.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 128
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 30/8/2006 10:21:51 PM   
UrbanAngel

Did anyone watch Carnivale? I thought that deserved more than 2 seasons, that was abandonned on a cliffhanger as well.

*Official owner of a Balrog*

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 129
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 1/9/2006 1:14:49 AM   
mfj fratelli

Too young to die.

1. Freaks & Geeks

2. Arrested Development

3. Sons & Daughters

4. Get a Life

5. Oliver Beene

6. Police Squad

The Wire is surely the best TV show ever broadcast in America. This claim isn't based on my having seen all the possible rivals for the title, but on the premise that no other program has ever done anything remotely like what this one does, namely to portray the social, political, and economic life of an American city with the scope, observational precision, and moral vision of great literature.

The Wire has never won an emmy? [It] deserves the Nobel Prize for Literature!

(in reply to UrbanAngel)
Post #: 130
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 15/6/2007 2:44:16 PM   
Orbital

quote:

ORIGINAL: furrybastard

Twin Peaks - Two seasons, about 30 episodes and not nearly enough.

Great choice !

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 131
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 15/6/2007 2:49:31 PM   
Peppermint

Orbital, why are you going around bumping old threads?

"Dr Jackson's gonna die when he sees this."

"What, again?"

(in reply to Orbital)
Post #: 132
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 15/6/2007 3:39:50 PM   
matthewforan

Firefly & Freeks and Geeks

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to hammerhead)
Post #: 133
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 15/6/2007 3:42:29 PM   
Zaphod121

I like to give a shout out to Veronica Mars, 3 seasons wasn't nearly enough!

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

Post #: 134
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 15/6/2007 6:49:22 PM   
matthewforan

At least it got seasons instead of season.

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 135
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 15/6/2007 6:59:03 PM   
JIm R

Manimal in the early 80's...

Post #: 136
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 19/6/2007 10:01:39 AM   
oddzag

The K-9 Show

Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid.

(in reply to King_Wah)
Post #: 137
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 19/6/2007 10:07:30 AM   
Fanboyslayer

Firefly, Carnivale and Twin Peaks are three that spring to mind.  We get more than one season of Andromeda and we can't get a full season of Firefly, oh come on really!!!

I'm still hopeing the HBO will see sense on the Carnivale front

Just to spare peoples blushes I feel it's only right that I should point out I'm a girl people! Not in a Crying Game way in the born without a willy way. I hope that's cleared that up.

(in reply to oddzag)
Post #: 138
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 19/6/2007 12:12:48 PM   
*emz6*

I see Zaphod beat me to it but im gonna say it again Veronica bloody Mars needed more time!

(in reply to Fanboyslayer)
Post #: 139
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 19/6/2007 12:22:49 PM   
Zaphod121

Oh and Studio 60 as well I would say Gilmore Girls, but that lasted 7 years

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 140
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 19/6/2007 5:54:48 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

I loved Studio 60 but it's cancellation was anything but unfair. It had everything going for it, but it just failed.

As for Arrested Development, Fox stuck with it for as long as possible. I think they did well by it. Any other network would have cancelled it within episodes. Same goes for Veronica Mars!

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 141
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 19/6/2007 8:59:39 PM   
=JD=

I love each and every one of them.....especially Kaylee!

Get rid of the Simpsons and bring this back.......I wanna see what happened with Fry and Leela!

Going to be a little harder with the passing away of the voice of Aku...However, closure to this series would be great!

(in reply to Barefoot Doctor)
Post #: 142
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 19/6/2007 9:03:06 PM   
Shifty Bench

Futurama is coming back. 

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to =JD=)
Post #: 143
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 19/6/2007 9:18:49 PM   
Art Vandelay

- Two Guys And A Girl: It got 4 Seasons, so it was given a fair chance, but damn it, it should never have been cancelled!

- Arrested Development

- Boomtown

- Jack & Bobby: A hidden gem.

- Murder One

- Angel: Could have delivered at least another 2 quality Seasons.

- Firefly

- Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 144
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 19/6/2007 9:51:10 PM   
AndyR

I really loved this show, which was yet another one-season wonder, though I guess I mut be in the minority though, as I haven't seen anyone else mention it.

A man chooses, a slave obeys.

(in reply to Art Vandelay)
Post #: 145
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 19/6/2007 11:02:24 PM   
darth silas

Blade:the series.It started off fairly dull,but got REALLY good after a few episodes.Deserved more than 12 episodes.

Star trek:enterprise.First two seasons were dull as dishwater,but seasons 3 and 4 were outstanding.Deserved another season or 2.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 146
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 20/6/2007 12:16:28 AM   
mfj fratelli

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barefoot Doctor

As for Arrested Development, Fox stuck with it for as long as possible. I think they did well by it. Any other network would have cancelled it within episodes.

The whole Arrested Development situation is tricky. Normally, I would be pleased with three seasons of a hit show, but Fox's mishandling of its promotion is absolutely galling. Granted, it wasn't going to be a huge ratings-grabber, like the other programs in their primetime lineup, but they could have treated a little better. I recall seeing promos (adnauseum) for any one of its many animated hits or reality-based drivel. I think I saw a total of two commercials for AD in its entire three year run.

Not only does this promotional neglect irritate me, but Fox's overall attitude toward the show is also upsetting. I mean, here they had a quality, critically-beloved, non-animated sitcom - which is rare for the past 7 years, (i.e. Malcolm in the Middle) and they continued to treat it with an air of haughty indifference. (Season 1 - 22 eps., Season 2 - 18 eps., Season 3 - 13 eps.)

I do acknowledge their perserverance in prolonging the life of AD, but they should have done more, so much more.

Fox isn't as compassionate with sitcoms as NBC is though. Look at what they are doing for The Office (similar circumstances); into its fourth season with an episode-order of at least 20. NBC seems to be the most benevolent network channel.  Not always the case though, (Andy Barker, RIP)  

I honestly believe AD could have easily gone on at least two more seasons without becoming banal, turgid, or too arcane for viewers.

And for those who denounce the quality of Season Three, take heed to these immortal words of Larry Mittleman:

I ought to pull down your pants and spank your ass raw.

So maybe, Barefoot Doctor, you are correct. AD doesn't technically belong in an 'unfairly cancelled shows' thread, but in a 'subtly mistreated thread', perhaps.

The Wire is surely the best TV show ever broadcast in America. This claim isn't based on my having seen all the possible rivals for the title, but on the premise that no other program has ever done anything remotely like what this one does, namely to portray the social, political, and economic life of an American city with the scope, observational precision, and moral vision of great literature.

The Wire has never won an emmy? [It] deserves the Nobel Prize for Literature!

(in reply to Barefoot Doctor)
Post #: 147
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 20/6/2007 11:19:06 AM   
=JD=

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

Futurama is coming back. 

Well it shouldnt have been cancelled in the first place dammit!

I would give my left bollock to bring back firefly though!!!

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 148
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 20/6/2007 11:22:36 AM   
matthewforan

quote:

ORIGINAL: =JD=

I love each and every one of them.....especially Kaylee!

Get rid of the Simpsons and bring this back.......I wanna see what happened with Fry and Leela!

Going to be a little harder with the passing away of the voice of Aku...However, closure to this series would be great!

Great choices there................especially Kaylee

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to =JD=)
Post #: 149
RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance - 20/6/2007 11:34:13 AM   
Peter Dragon

Action! A hidden gem.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_%28TV_series%29

Absolutely scathing satire of the whole Hollywood celebrity scene.
So scathing it got cancelled after 13 episodes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY4G2o8hOeI

Fuck land! I'm on a boat motherfucker!

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Unfairly Cancelled - Shows that weren't given a chance Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI