Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

A cult classic that you will either love or hate!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> A cult classic that you will either love or hate! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A cult classic that you will either love or hate! - 27/7/2010 12:40:07 PM   
dannyfletch

As a fan of Donnie Darko I was looking forward to seeing this. After missing it on the cinema I took the gamble and bought it on blu-ray and I'm pleased to say I wasn't dissapointed. Marsden and Diaz were both great in their roles as a happily married couple and Frank Langella was suitably creepy as the mysterious Arlington Stewart. The sci-fi twist won't be to everyones taste but I thought it was pretty good. I would say it reminded me of the Twilight Zone with a hint of David Lynch. Definately my cup of tea.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 61
simply - 4/12/2010 10:32:27 PM   
vdjfrancis

ignore these posts and form your own decision.

Post #: 62
Worst film ever made?... - 26/5/2011 1:58:19 PM   
PGowdy

The sort of person that would rate a film like this highly, ie. Empire Magazine, is probably the sort of person that would also rate films like King Kong (2005) or Transformers (2007) highly... *cough*. But if like me you correctly recognise those films as utter toilet matter then perhaps pay closer attention to this review...

This is truly, just about as bad as it gets.
Utter nonsense. Completely delusional, and badly judged both in conception and delivery. It tries incredibly hard to be weird and clever and "ooh, isn't this like the twilight zone, where anything can happen...?" no it's like the shit zone where shit things happen.
The holes in the plot are too many to count and the sense it all makes is to little to quantify.
It seems to me that it's trying to do what Donnie Darko and The Game did (in fact it borrows very heavily from the contrastingly brilliant The Game) and ends up completely failing, embarrassing itself and falling flat on it's proverbial face. It's laughable at times and the rest of the time it's just irritating. Makes Lady in the Water look like a masterpiece. (ok, not quite but you get the idea)
You're in danger of doing your eyes an injury with all the rolling they'll be compelled to do throughout this utter crises of a movie so i'd suggest avoiding it all together.
There's a strong case here for worst movie ever made. With budget, cast etc taken into consideration. It's certainly up there.

< Message edited by PGowdy -- 26/5/2011 2:01:24 PM >

Post #: 63
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> A cult classic that you will either love or hate! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI