Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Name The TV Show

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Name The TV Show Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Name The TV Show - 18/1/2011 9:16:41 PM   
lindseykelsall

I do remember it. It was something like 'my best friend is a dinosaur' or something like that. It starred the actress from truly madly deeply and she was pregnant the boy didn't want a Bro/sis it will come back to me. his dad was a fisherman I think and the boy hated fish.
@lindseykelsall x

(in reply to dirtypunk)
Post #: 31
RE: Name The TV Show - 18/1/2011 9:24:13 PM   
lindseykelsall

Got it 'Living with dinosaurs' by Anthony minghella its on IMDb. Hope that helps Lindsey x ps lovely film

(in reply to dirtypunk)
Post #: 32
RE: Name The TV Show - 31/1/2011 1:43:25 PM   
Chief Wiggum

quote:

ORIGINAL: saturn5

Chief Wiggum, the show you're talking about is called Combat and was introduced by Anneka Rice and the late Emlyn Hughes, it would have been around 1986/7 and they showed it on a Saturday around 6pm

You sir, are a legend

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

(in reply to saturn5)
Post #: 33
RE: Name The TV Show - 7/4/2011 12:52:12 PM   
great_badir

Drama on BBC in the late 80s/early 90s, set during Vietnam or Korean wars.  A US soldier either gets separated from his unit or goes AWOL.  Falls in love with a local girl.  That is literally all I remember about it, other than I loved it.  Don't ever remember it being repeated.

Any ideas?

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to lindseykelsall)
Post #: 34
RE: Name The TV Show - 7/4/2011 6:05:53 PM   
Captain Black

Tour of Duty maybe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tour_of_Duty_%28TV_series%29

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 35
RE: Name The TV Show - 7/4/2011 10:28:53 PM   
great_badir

quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tour_of_Duty_%28TV_
quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

Tour of Duty maybe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tour_of_Duty_%28TV_series%29

Nope - this was much more small scale, on the BBC (1, I think) and I think it was even a British production.

I did used to like Tour of Duty, though but, as with all those programs ITV showed late at night (Crime Story, Sledge Hammer and the like), they were always shown out of sequence.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 36
RE: Name The TV Show - 7/4/2011 10:53:10 PM   
elab49

It couldn't be a film could it? The Raggedy Rawney?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

Post #: 37
RE: Name The TV Show - 7/4/2011 11:39:25 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

It couldn't be a film could it? The Raggedy Rawney?

Nope - it was definitely a TV series (might've been a mini series of three episodes) and definitely one of the Asian wars.

I seem to remember the soldier was found by the asian girl whilst hiding in long green grass.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 38
RE: Name The TV Show - 11/6/2011 7:41:08 PM   
nvh1982

What was the name of the girl on a Sunday morning in the very early 90s? She was on ch4 inbeween the waltons and the littlest hobo (I think), she had short hair and quite tomboyish, grrr!!

http://cinematicscreenings2012.blogspot.co.uk/

Post #: 39
RE: Name The TV Show - 11/6/2011 7:42:54 PM   
nvh1982

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

Something that I remember from 80s children's TV. It was the main contributor to my fear of clowns and was a short drama that I thought was an episode of Dramarama, but can't find evidence to back this up. Basically 2 kids playing in the back garden lose their ball over next door's garden. One kid goes looking for it... and this is where it goes mental... get's lured into the house by a creepy ass clown! If that wasn't bad enough the kid then goes into the cellar, where's there's loads more bloody clowns taking part in some sort of circus and the kid has to join them. Now this just seems like a very bad dream, but I remember it vividly. Does it ring a bell with anyone else?

Edit. Think it could be this, although there's no mention of kids and cellars.

http://ftvdb.bfi.org.uk/sift/title/339785

I remember there was an ep of are you afraid of the dark on nickalodean a lot like that?

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 40
RE: Name The TV Show - 7/7/2011 3:08:14 PM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

ORIGINAL: nvh1982

What was the name of the girl on a Sunday morning in the very early 90s? She was on ch4 inbeween the waltons and the littlest hobo (I think), she had short hair and quite tomboyish, grrr!!

Ramona?

Harry Dresden - Wizard
Lost items found. Paranormal investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable rates. No love potions, endless purses, parties or other entertainment.

(in reply to nvh1982)
Post #: 41
RE: Name The TV Show - 10/7/2011 2:52:15 PM   
nvh1982

quote:

ORIGINAL: WilliamMunny

quote:

ORIGINAL: nvh1982

Ramona?

THANK YOU!!!! (virtual hug and kiss)

(in reply to WilliamMunny)
Post #: 42
RE: Name The TV Show - 7/1/2012 4:58:46 AM   
seagull

quote:

Something that I remember from 80s children's TV. It was the main contributor to my fear of clowns and was a short drama that I thought was an episode of Dramarama, but can't find evidence to back this up. Basically 2 kids playing in the back garden lose their ball over next door's garden. One kid goes looking for it... and this is where it goes mental... get's lured into the house by a creepy ass clown! If that wasn't bad enough the kid then goes into the cellar, where's there's loads more bloody clowns taking part in some sort of circus and the kid has to join them. Now this just seems like a very bad dream, but I remember it vividly. Does it ring a bell with anyone else?

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 43
RE: Name The TV Show - 7/1/2012 5:02:43 AM   
seagull

quote:

Sorry, messed up the first time. Yes this was as episode of Dramarama from the first series called "The Young Persons Guide To Getting Their Ball Back". It also fuelled my fear of clowns which I still haven't out grown.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 44
RE: Name The TV Show - 13/2/2012 11:39:57 AM   
Bluemerlin

Asked to post this here instead. Please help :)

I have a very vague memory of an 80's sci fi show, maybe for children (I was one at the time). I remember a girl/woman mostly with orange clothes. Similar style to Luna but it's not that. I do remember everyone wearing largish circular badges, possibly with numbers on.

(in reply to seagull)
Post #: 45
RE: Name The TV Show - 14/2/2012 7:53:46 PM   
Captain Black

Cartoon or live action (or other)? Was the girl/woman the lead character? It made me think of Bionic Six but that's probably not it (this is the best picture I could find).

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Bluemerlin)
Post #: 46
RE: Name The TV Show - 14/2/2012 7:56:37 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bluemerlin

Asked to post this here instead. Please help :)

I have a very vague memory of an 80's sci fi show, maybe for children (I was one at the time). I remember a girl/woman mostly with orange clothes. Similar style to Luna but it's not that. I do remember everyone wearing largish circular badges, possibly with numbers on.

It sounds quite Aussie kids SciFi TV - a check of some of those sites - the Escape from Jupiter type stuff - might turn up trumps?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Bluemerlin)
Post #: 47
RE: Name The TV Show - 4/6/2012 11:48:05 AM   
hozay

Can anyone tell me what TV show this shot is from ? Or it may have been a serial shown at cinemas before the main attraction.
50's I'd say.

< Message edited by hozay -- 4/6/2012 11:49:28 AM >

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 48
RE: Name The TV Show - 7/7/2012 10:30:51 PM   
ISH13

Trying to remember a mini series or possibly one off drama from the late 70s/early 80s.

An English woman (actress is petite with long brunette hair and a cute/elfin face) gets involved with a larger than life Russian (or Eastern European) man who is a drinker, womaniser etc. His work/passion is some sort of food stuff - cabbage, onions something like that (possibly Russian/East European food stuff). I think whatever the food stuff was featured in the title which I always thought was something like The Cabbage Eater or Onion Easter etc but can't trace anything like as a tv program.

(in reply to hozay)
Post #: 49
RE: Name The TV Show - 27/7/2012 11:16:36 AM   
Rob

As I munch my 11:00 treat of BBQ transformer snack crisps, I'm trying to remember a children's cartoon from the 80's.

It was three guys who could transform into motorbikes, underwater diving thingys and other stuff. I remember that one of the guys had an awesome 80's Magnum PI style tash and their costumes had circles on them but for the life of me I can't remember what the hell it was called.

I know it's not a lot to go on and everyone in my office thinks I'm talking gibberish but if anyone can help it would be much appreciated:

Here's the crisp packet that triggered the memory. Not sure it will help though!

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to ISH13)
Post #: 50
RE: Name The TV Show - 27/7/2012 1:28:30 PM   
deniseA

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob

As I munch my 11:00 treat of BBQ transformer snack crisps, I'm trying to remember a children's cartoon from the 80's.

It was three guys who could transform into motorbikes, underwater diving thingys and other stuff. I remember that one of the guys had an awesome 80's Magnum PI style tash and their costumes had circles on them but for the life of me I can't remember what the hell it was called.

I know it's not a lot to go on and everyone in my office thinks I'm talking gibberish but if anyone can help it would be much appreciated:

Here's the crisp packet that triggered the memory. Not sure it will help though!

Centurions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQT00ZSVzcg

< Message edited by deniseA -- 27/7/2012 1:30:17 PM >

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 51
RE: Name The TV Show - 27/7/2012 1:34:43 PM   
Rob

Yes! Thank you so much. It's been annoying me all day.

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to deniseA)
Post #: 52
RE: Name The TV Show - 27/7/2012 3:08:20 PM   
Rgirvan44

Never noticed before how much it took from Iron Man.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 53
RE: Name The TV Show - 27/7/2012 3:43:48 PM   
chuffbum

For the guy that opened the thread asking about a kids show with guys that could change into bikes and stuff, the answer is:

The Centurions.

POWER EXTREME!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szjcCB8m3G8

Edit: beaten to it!

< Message edited by chuffbum -- 27/7/2012 3:45:08 PM >

(in reply to piginapoke)
Post #: 54
RE: Name The TV Show - 28/7/2012 6:04:53 PM   
Sledge Hammer

A couple for people for people to help me with:

1. A science fiction show (late 80s perhaps) where a family (hubbie/ wife and kids) get transported to a parrallel earth. They are trying to get back to our version. I think they had to get to a place like stonehenge perhaps. Sorry its very vague on details! It might have been something like "otherworld"

2. A kids TV show (British). A studio audience (of children) had to solve a crime that played out on the show. The only thing I remember that was distinctive was that the kids all had slicked back hair (huge amounts of gel!) and it was set in the future.

< Message edited by Sledge Hammer -- 28/7/2012 6:14:23 PM >

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to chuffbum)
Post #: 55
RE: Name The TV Show - 28/7/2012 6:09:29 PM   
elab49

1. Otherworld? 

quote:

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 56
RE: Name The TV Show - 28/7/2012 6:13:57 PM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

1. Otherworld? 

I really should have googled my own suggestion

Thanks anyway!

Check it out!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 57
RE: Name The TV Show - 28/7/2012 6:16:55 PM   
elab49

*gulp*

Um, that was a bit embarrassing. It was just that I was reading up on it a couple of weeks ago because I remembered Jonathan Banks was in it and I knew it had something to do with a major earth landmark.

quote:

Post #: 58
RE: Name The TV Show - 28/7/2012 6:19:43 PM   
Sledge Hammer

Was surprised to read it only lasted 8 episodes!

Any joy on the other one?

All I remember is that everyones hair was slicked back (before gel became widespread). They had perspex clipboards where they would make notes from memory..

Check it out!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 59
RE: Name The TV Show - 28/7/2012 6:21:17 PM   
elab49

Probably not my generation I'm afraid - sorry. 

quote:

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Name The TV Show Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI