Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Could Jeremy Renner Play Hawkeye?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Could Jeremy Renner Play Hawkeye? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Could Jeremy Renner Play Hawkeye? - 27/11/2009 10:52:40 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Yeah, awesome - 27/11/2009 10:52:40 AM   
lisamoorish

Renner would be a superb Hawkeye. Hurt Locker showed he can do the whole "devil may care expert" thing to a tee.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
I could see Renner taking on Hawkeye - 27/11/2009 10:57:45 AM   
Marwood

He was great in The Hurt Locker and I also liked his work in 28 Weeks Later, it wasn't a greatly written role but he really brought something to it imo.
I could definitely see him as Hawkeye if played like he is in The Ultimates (which is apparently being used as a template for The Avengers film) - a cocky yet totally professional black ops agent. I think the trick arrows/purple tights thing would have to go if he is going to be taken seriously as a character in the same world as Iron Man (God knows how Thor will work in that respect as well) but as a Black Widow type agent he could be pretty cool. Fingers crossed.

Post #: 3
RE: Could Jeremy Renner Play Hawkeye? - 27/11/2009 11:22:21 AM   
lukeyboy

Yeah, I think Renner would be good as Ultimate Hawkeye (agreed that the purple tights would have to go). It's a left-field peice of casting but a good one nevertheless.
Renner was a very cool and calm character in both The Hurt Locker and in 28 Weeks Later but he also had this vunerability about him, and i'm thinking that it is this quality that has attracted the guys at Marvel to him - calm demeanor = steady mind - steady hand!

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

Post #: 4
Damn! - 27/11/2009 11:42:26 AM   
bradthunder

When I saw this title, I thought they were going to remake M*A*S*H! C'mon, he'd be a perfect Alan Alda substitute!

Post #: 5
Yeah, awesome - 27/11/2009 11:45:37 AM   
lisamoorish

Renner would be a superb Hawkeye. Hurt Locker showed he can do the whole "devil may care expert" thing to a tee.

Post #: 6
- 27/11/2009 12:00:28 PM   
Seamie

He was great in The Hurt Locker and is an inspired choice for this role. I'm not that familiar with Hawkeye but the recent casting choices in the next few Marvel movies are pretty cool, so i'm confident that this is a pretty good deal! Who will be Wasp?!

Post #: 7
Not sure of this... - 27/11/2009 1:02:28 PM   
DigitalMan

He kinda looks like a skinny Patten Oswald in that pic hahaa! I love Hawkeye, always have, started out as a bad guy, then turns good and gets trained by Cap, what's not to love? As for what film he be in, i'd say Thor, even though he's got a history with Cap, I'm hoping they do a WW2 Cap film where, at the end he falls into the ocean and gets frozen, then with a little tease at the end of the credits, he's found in modern day by , say...HAWKEYE whose part of a special ops force headed by Nick Fury. Then the Avengers film takes over. Have i gone too far off topic?

Post #: 8
Renner's fine - 27/11/2009 1:10:26 PM   
mighty mick

I haven't seen Hurt Locker nor 28 Weeks Later but I'm happy he's up for Hawkeye and you know why? That way Nathan Fillion can't be Hawkeye, because he's Captain America. Marvel just don't know it yet.

Post #: 9
- 27/11/2009 2:45:11 PM   
masonica

Hope they can work out a deal as it makes sense to try for someone who can bring something cool to the role.

Post #: 10
RE: Damn! - 27/11/2009 5:09:04 PM   
bendoofus

That's exactly what I thought! M*A*S*H remake-no way!

I feel like I'm Han Solo, you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi and we're in that FUCKED UP BAR!

(in reply to bradthunder)
Post #: 11
- 27/11/2009 8:20:51 PM   
loki1091

I've read the ultimates comics and saw how hawkeye acts, I think renner would make an awesome hawkeye, I don't see anyone else that could play him

Post #: 12
ON ANOTHER NOTE - 28/11/2009 12:25:40 AM   
HarryHavoc

how annoying, when my father signed up for the monthy empire magazine, we got no free gift like promised! Now I hear people are getting assassins creed 2?! Oh empire, one livid customer.

Post #: 13
RE: ON ANOTHER NOTE - 29/11/2009 11:43:44 AM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: HarryHavoc

how annoying, when my father signed up for the monthy empire magazine, we got no free gift like promised! Now I hear people are getting assassins creed 2?! Oh empire, one livid customer.

Unless you intend to get Hawkeye to fire in a few well aimed arrows into the desk of Empire HQ with a 'disgruntled' note your in the wrong thread my friend with that post, good luck with it all though :-)

(in reply to HarryHavoc)
Post #: 14
YEP.... - 30/11/2009 6:33:10 PM   
ROTGUT

He could play Hawkeye.......but to tell the truth, I always thought Hawkeye was just a tesco version of Green Arrow anyway. Yes I know - he has to be in the lineup somewhere - and if they can get the right actor in the part - who knows? it could turn out to be fun if a little retro. Bow and arrows? Hmmmmph.....
Iron Man could take him with his little metal pinky.....

Post #: 15
Marvel really need to concentrate on this one - 5/12/2009 12:24:53 PM   
MoonMunky

Having been a marvel fan since the tender age of 6, Hawkeye was always up there in my top 3. Behind Wolverine and Luke Cage, and just pipping Spid.erman to the top 3. So, needless to say, I'm nervous about this one.

Clint is funny. He is Strong-willed, anti-authority and self-confident. Can this guy pull it off? He was ace in 'Hurt Locker' but can he pull off Hawkeye? I don't know. When I first heard Bradley cooper's name for Hawkeye, i was suprised to find that I knid of approved. And really, I don't have any other names I could really throw out there. Who could do it? These two seem viable enough, and I would approve.

Renner could be being looked at for Spiderman though? He fits superbly as the darker, later, Avengers-era Spiderman, and I would much rather see him in that role. He damn-well looks the part.

I heard rumours a couple of months back (not off Empire, so how credible can it be?) that Scarlet witch and Quicksilver were being lined up for some stuff aswell. Obviously with Hawkeye joining the Avengers at the same time in the comics, I was just wondering if they could be developing all 3 characters to make an entrance at the end of the Avengers? Possibly? WOuld make sense.

Anyway, anybody got any info??

Moon.Munky.Mouse

Post #: 16
Hawkeye - 4/6/2010 9:43:27 AM   
Mahj

I'll be the first to admit that I havent read a single one of the Marvel comics but have thoroughly enjoyed both Iron Man films. I also became a Renner fan after the Hurt Locker...I think he could be good. Maybe a mahoosive franchise is just what he needs?

Post #: 17
- 4/6/2010 9:46:25 AM   
JimmyThe Saint

Jeremy Renner would be great as Hawkeye. He was brilliant in The Hurt Locker and deserved his Oscar nomination. Its great that a charater actor working his way up in movies like SWAT and 28 Weeks Later gets to be a big star.

Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Could Jeremy Renner Play Hawkeye? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI