Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

First Look: The Wolfman One Sheets

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> First Look: The Wolfman One Sheets Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
First Look: The Wolfman One Sheets - 26/11/2009 9:35:50 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
thank god! - 26/11/2009 9:35:50 AM   
leroythemasochist

saw a clip of the wolves in New Moon (save me from the whole teenie-awfullness of it!) and they looked terrible. First off, they were just big dogs, second there was not a shred of human still to be seen, third it was in broad daylight so a) it dumps all over the werewolf/full moon law and b) they failed to grasp the idea of threat and danger being so much more when you don't see so much of the monster (see Jaws for details).
Now,OK it's not about horror really is it. It's love and loss and angsty teenagers looking all... angsty. But it's just sooo horrible. So thank the Lord for this new wolfman! This, on the other paw, looks quite marvellous. Hooray to whoever went back to the Lon Chaney Jnr masterpiece and looked at what they had to do to make it good.
I'll be there, love a good hairy movie!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Joe Johnston... - 26/11/2009 10:22:47 AM   
fuzzcaminski

Really is upping his game, this all looks great, and is great support for Marvel's choice of director regarding the Captain America. I just wish it hadn't taken so long to get this film in to the cinema's, does anyone know what the reasons were for the delays?

Post #: 3
RE: thank god! - 26/11/2009 10:44:26 AM   
Youshouldberunning

quote:

ORIGINAL: leroythemasochist

saw a clip of the wolves in New Moon (save me from the whole teenie-awfullness of it!) and they looked terrible. First off, they were just big dogs, second there was not a shred of human still to be seen, third it was in broad daylight so a) it dumps all over the werewolf/full moon law !

Don't judge me for knowing this, but the 'werewolves' in the Twilight series aren't  werewolves, they are 'shapeshifters' and the distinction is clearly made. I still agree with you, of course. They were shit, and I really hope this won't be, but I am not holding my breath on that score.

(in reply to leroythemasochist)
Post #: 4
- 26/11/2009 11:50:14 AM   
ivanahump

looks fab, somthing thats well written and not overly realient on cgi, Del toro will easily pull it off
Antony Hopkins will of course shine as well

Post #: 5
Cautiously Optimistic - 26/11/2009 2:50:04 PM   
BenTramer

They've got several things right; Del Toro looks like Lon Chaney Jr, Rick Baker is on board doing werewolf effects and the atmosphere in the trailer looks perfect. But haven't we seen plenty of movies where the trailer looks great and it ended up being a load of old tosh? We'll see what happens...Beware The Moon.

Post #: 6
Looking forward to this! - 27/11/2009 12:31:37 AM   
s_mccarthy

I really like the look of this film!
The actors are incredible and the Wolf seems to be the best looking one since Van Helsing!

Post #: 7
Disappearing Wolfman - 27/11/2009 4:59:54 PM   
fwkelly

I just noticed something, on the one sheet featuring Emily Blunt the Wolfman is in the background, but in the same image on the back of this months Empire the Wolfman has disappeared! - Oops.

Post #: 8
Interesting... - 28/11/2009 7:07:13 PM   
DemonAgel

I'm actually quite looking forward to this, although I'm really not a fan of the recent film interpretations of folklore/mythical creatures such as Vampires and Werewolves. (Completly agree with the above statement about the New Moon "Dogs". Completely lacks vision of what the human body would have to go through for a canine form). But seeing the name Del Toro and knowing the brilliant work he has done in the past. I'm loving the atmoshpere and with Joe Johnston Directing it is looking really promising. I'm actually quite excited about this.

Post #: 9
gonna be worth a watch - 1/12/2009 11:07:09 AM   
DANGEROSS!

have been very much looking forward to this film. del toro, hopkins and weaving great assembly and no doubt will be a true horror worth watching as opposed to usual crap that is released these days.

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> First Look: The Wolfman One Sheets Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI