Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Informant! - 22/11/2009 11:45:17 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Spot on review - 22/11/2009 11:45:17 AM   
tysmuse

An odd little film, Damon is excellent as this bizarre bi-polar dude, there are no belly laughs, but I chuckled throughout. It gets a little testing towards the end as Marc's lies begin to reach critical mass, but it's the ending the film requires.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Informant - 27/11/2009 10:12:05 PM   
moviemaniac2

Turning his action star persona on its head, Damon is both amusing and tragic, physically embodying the role with admirable dedication. Bakula and McHale both offer fine support as the bemused Federal Agents - with some of their reactions ranking amongst the film's funniest - while the rest of the cast are thankfully aware of the tone their director was going for. Offbeat and amusing - once you have the sufficient patience.

Post #: 3
Informant - 27/11/2009 10:12:10 PM   
moviemaniac2

Turning his action star persona on its head, Damon is both amusing and tragic, physically embodying the role with admirable dedication. Bakula and McHale both offer fine support as the bemused Federal Agents - with some of their reactions ranking amongst the film's funniest - while the rest of the cast are thankfully aware of the tone their director was going for. Offbeat and amusing - once you have the sufficient patience.

Post #: 4
- 10/2/2010 9:30:33 AM   
duncan1964

Fascinating true story about a corporate whistleblower in 1980's America who it turned out was making the whole case up just to try and further his position in the company. Its played for laughs which is OK until half way through and then you realise you are laughing at someone who has severe mental problems. Despite that its a fantastic central performance from Matt Damon

Post #: 5
Odd Informant - 29/3/2010 10:35:50 PM   
lynnshep

Quirky, odd little film. Very Soderbergh. Great work by Damon. Funny but never quite connects with the viewer.

Post #: 6
Matt Damon is Great Im His New Biggest Fan - 20/5/2010 6:42:19 PM   
Bighousewill

A really good film very ammusing and Matt Damon is just brilliant in this character I like Matt Damon but now im a big fan he is a star. Marc whitacre the charcter shares some ammusing little things about corporate crime that make you think. I also like the informant because it was a little period piece of the early 90's so we get to see the sets, locations, props which all had significance and helped create an interesting style to the film.

Post #: 7
RE: The Informant! - 7/8/2010 8:15:07 PM   
Indio

I thought it was OK, but it wasn't as funny as it would like to be (the fact various people from 30 Rock, Arrested Development Eastbound and Down appear among the smaller roles makes me think that Soderbergh, Clooney & co. thought this was going to be a laff riot when they were planning it), and it also maybe went on a bit too long, I know Damon was supposed to be playing a mentally ill chronic bullshitter, but it was kind of ramming the point home repeatedly by the end of the film.

'Think about the future.'

(in reply to Bighousewill)
Post #: 8
"You gotta feel for the guy. He tells us the truth... - 20/11/2013 3:22:47 PM   
movienut707

Brilliantly written, beautifully acted and uniquely executed, The Informant! is a low-key comedy cum drama that holds your attention even as it moves you to laughter.

< Message edited by movienut707 -- 20/11/2013 3:30:27 PM >

Post #: 9
"Who'd make up someone named Regina? it's the capi... - 22/11/2013 8:13:37 AM   
Jericho117

One of the most enjoyable at home viewing experiences I've had. Matt Damon is amazing and Steven Soderbergh is unstoppable. A truly wonderful film, don't miss it.

Post #: 10
meh - 3/1/2014 11:20:55 PM   
ladybooger

it was ok.

what was naff about Back to the Future?

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> The Informant! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI