Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Northern Ireland

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: Northern Ireland Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Northern Ireland - 15/7/2010 5:28:20 PM   
Rebenectomy

Any dark haired male horseriders amoung us? If so, you could be in Game of Thrones:

Giddy Up

Open day in Carryduff next Wednesday.

< Message edited by Rebenectomy -- 15/7/2010 5:29:17 PM >

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 91
RE: Northern Ireland - 15/7/2010 6:26:19 PM   
simonmckergan1

Its all quite in Newtownabbey/Shore Rd.  Saying that, I spent the 12th weekend up in Portstewart.

As you can see, my young apprentice, your friends have failed. Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!

Post #: 92
RE: Northern Ireland - 15/7/2010 6:33:30 PM   
jcthefirst

I just stayed in all weekend. Although there wasn't much happening in Bangor.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to simonmckergan1)
Post #: 93
RE: Northern Ireland - 15/7/2010 6:39:15 PM   
Rebenectomy

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

I just stayed in all weekend. Although there's never much happening in Bangor.

Fixed that for you.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 94
RE: Northern Ireland - 15/7/2010 7:36:20 PM   
Rebenectomy

Yeeeeeooooow, no link yet, but Up the Derry Hoods!!! City of Culture.

Brilliant news.

Post #: 95
RE: Northern Ireland - 15/7/2010 7:46:56 PM   
simonmckergan1

Really?  I'm shocked. 

As you can see, my young apprentice, your friends have failed. Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!

Post #: 96
RE: Northern Ireland - 15/7/2010 7:51:06 PM   
simonmckergan1

Here's the  link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-10651854

Post #: 97
RE: Northern Ireland - 16/7/2010 2:15:22 PM   
livewire

Cue the formation petrol bomb throwing.

only kidding. Derrys a great town for a night out.

I`ve never had a message for anyone in my entire life. Except maybe to give out my room number" - Bonn Scott 1946 1980

Punchdrunk - 1981 - 2010

Post #: 98
RE: Northern Ireland - 16/7/2010 9:17:34 PM   
jcthefirst

Derry/Londonderry.

Made me laugh every time they said it on The One Show.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to livewire)
Post #: 99
RE: Northern Ireland - 16/7/2010 9:18:08 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

quote:

I just stayed in all weekend. Although there's never much happening in Bangor.

Fixed that for you.

Hurr hurr hurr.

@Jonny_C85

Post #: 100
RE: Northern Ireland - 16/7/2010 9:33:34 PM   
Rebenectomy

quote:

Derry/Londonderry.

Made me laugh every time they said it on The One Show.

I was reading one article online where I'm pretty sure the writer was under the impression that they were two differnet places, saying something like 'the joint entry from the cities of Londonderry and Derry in Northern Ireland'.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 101
RE: Northern Ireland - 16/7/2010 11:32:40 PM   
ValJester

I live in County Donegal, where anybody who wants to be as far away as possible from the 12th Of July marches flees that weekend, After reading up on the riots on the net I'm glad I was out of the country this year, by all accounts Donegal was swarmed by people getting out of the North when it all started to get hairy.

I have the hands of an artist and the soul of a poet, but they have to be returned Tuesday

Post #: 102
RE: Northern Ireland - 21/7/2010 5:31:50 PM   
Rebenectomy

So is anyone heading up to the Raithlin Festival next weekend? Just got word that I've a free ticket heading my way, which is nice.

(in reply to ValJester)
Post #: 103
RE: Northern Ireland - 23/7/2010 9:26:26 AM   
sharkboy

Talking about festivals, it is the weekend of the 10th annual Glasgowbury festival in the wilds outside Draperstown.  This "small but MASSIVE" festival has tirelessly supported local music, and this year is no different with quite a few of the local bands flirting with greatness on the bill, as well as a headlining slot from Dublin's finest Fight Like Apes:

For more info, clicky here

Also, the Open House Festival in Belfast has really surpassed itself this year, with an entire week of top headliners from the alt.country/indie folk genre with everyone from Mumford and Sons to Modest Mouse playing between 6-12 September. 

Again, for info click y'all!

Finally, whose off to Belsonic next month?  Got our tickets for Kasabian, Florence and Biffy - can't wait!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Post #: 104
RE: Northern Ireland - 23/7/2010 9:45:10 AM   
Rebenectomy

Glasgowbury and Belsonic are two festivals through various circumstances that I have never been able to attend, and probably won't manage this year either. It's a shame as a lot of my friends are often playing at or involved in the organisation of both, and I'd love to see Florence and the Machine.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 105
RE: Northern Ireland - 23/7/2010 10:08:29 AM   
MOTH

I feel some sense of guilt that I've never attended any of these, mostly since no-one has ever put a ticket in my hand and physically brought me there. Although not being a big music fan means that for most of the featured acts, I wouldn't go to see them if I was on fire and lived in a tree. Or something.

Folks I work with are excited about Belsonic though and one girl raves about her Fr Ted-esque camping trip one year to the Rathlin Festival. I should be in attendance at the All-Ireland Fleadh in Cavan this year though. Fiddle-dee-dee!

I've only gone and set up a blog! This week I've been mostly reviewing The Lego Movie and Wadjda. Click: The Fast Picture Show

Post #: 106
RE: Northern Ireland - 23/7/2010 12:50:20 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

If anyone is going to Belsonic, let me know how Two Door Cinema Club are live. The album is just immense...

I'm off to the IndiePendence fesitval next week in cork, should be a laugh

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to MOTH)
Post #: 107
RE: Northern Ireland - 25/7/2010 3:39:59 PM   
LastCelt1989

Ok maybe I'm a little bias since im in northern ireland as a serving soldier but I really *really* dont like the place. Admitaddley i dont go to Belfast that often but I relish every oppurtunity to go back to London. NI just feels so backward i mean have u seen ballynahinch? My god undeveloped doesn't do it justice.
And then theres the fact that EVERYWHERE shuts down on a sunday evening. Every heard of a 24hr store? Or maybe an off license open till late?
Hell what about trains!? The only way from Downpatrick to Belfast is to go on some rickety old bus that feels like the bottom is about to fall out and we'll all have to run along the ground.
And then theres phone signal issues, travel about a mile away from a town or villiage and you can forget ringing or receiving txt messages.
Sorry if this sounds rude but thats my experience of northern ireland.

(in reply to MOTH)
Post #: 108
RE: Northern Ireland - 25/7/2010 4:30:01 PM   
jcthefirst

*restraining self*

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to LastCelt1989)
Post #: 109
RE: Northern Ireland - 26/7/2010 9:12:36 AM   
MOTH

quote:

ORIGINAL: LastCelt1989

Ok maybe I'm a little bias since im in northern ireland as a serving soldier but I really *really* dont like the place. Admitaddley i dont go to Belfast that often but I relish every oppurtunity to go back to London. NI just feels so backward i mean have u seen ballynahinch? My god undeveloped doesn't do it justice.
And then theres the fact that EVERYWHERE shuts down on a sunday evening. Every heard of a 24hr store? Or maybe an off license open till late?
Hell what about trains!? The only way from Downpatrick to Belfast is to go on some rickety old bus that feels like the bottom is about to fall out and we'll all have to run along the ground.
And then theres phone signal issues, travel about a mile away from a town or villiage and you can forget ringing or receiving txt messages.

I think when you say 'a little bias', you actually mean 'a lot wrong'

(Except for the trains - you're right about that. Maybe youse lads could knock together a few train tracks to the West in your spare time?)

I've only gone and set up a blog! This week I've been mostly reviewing The Lego Movie and Wadjda. Click: The Fast Picture Show

Post #: 110
RE: Northern Ireland - 26/7/2010 9:23:10 AM   
shool

We only got electricity put in last week. Loving being able to put the lights on.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to MOTH)
Post #: 111
RE: Northern Ireland - 26/7/2010 12:44:59 PM   
livewire

quote:

funny cause it's true. and by the way over here we call under developed "rustic" or "authentic"

I think the only real problem mate is the bit of the country you posted in. There are other areas which are much better but unfortunately there are still idiots who make it unfeasible for you to visit which is a real shame.

I`ve never had a message for anyone in my entire life. Except maybe to give out my room number" - Bonn Scott 1946 1980

Punchdrunk - 1981 - 2010

Post #: 112
RE: Northern Ireland - 26/7/2010 1:02:58 PM   
Harry Lime

Yeah, Ballynahinch is an absolute hole - But that's like judging the whole of England on Middlesborough. Or the whole of Wales on Merthyr Tydfil. Or the whole of Scotland on, er, well, the whole of Scotland!

And to be fair to Ballynahinch, it is not only within half an hour of both Belfast and Lisburn city centres but also places of outstanding beauty such as the Mournes and Strangford Lough; which includes great days out such as Castle Ward and Tollymore Forest Park.

"People think I have an interesting walk. Hell, I'm just trying to hold my gut in."

If I get there early will it be the right time
our heaven is just waiting so put your hand into mine.

(in reply to livewire)
Post #: 113
RE: Northern Ireland - 27/7/2010 11:18:22 AM   
Rebenectomy

quote:

ORIGINAL: livewire

quote:

funny cause it's true. and by the way over here we call under developed "rustic" or "authentic"

What do you mean backward, Ballnahinch has a Lidle.

As for everything shutting down on a Sunday, not stricly true. Compared to the 24 hour laws now active in England it is a bit behind, but prior to that, bars had longer Sunday trading hours than most places, not closing til midnight. And you can get a carryout too, just so long a you go to the right places.

(in reply to livewire)
Post #: 114
RE: Northern Ireland - 1/8/2010 3:44:11 PM   
Hex

The sunday opening times are nowhere near as strict as they were. If my local tesco had its way it would open everyday of the week, all year round. It even pulled a sly trick a few years ago opening on Christmas day at 6am to 10am.

You are a hot cup of asshole!

You wouldn't let me have that poster of Gael Garcia Bernal! His eyes are green and he's Latin! I need it!

Sssshhh. Shut your mouth. Sssssh. It's Art Crawl.

Post #: 115
RE: Northern Ireland - 4/8/2010 8:35:51 PM   
Hex

Wheres good to go out in belfast on a friday night?

When I was a student we always went out on a monday so Ive no idea where to go. The M-Club is shit and over priced and I think the Odyssey is too out of the way.

Any suggestions?

You are a hot cup of asshole!

You wouldn't let me have that poster of Gael Garcia Bernal! His eyes are green and he's Latin! I need it!

Sssshhh. Shut your mouth. Sssssh. It's Art Crawl.

(in reply to Hex)
Post #: 116
RE: Northern Ireland - 5/8/2010 12:48:25 PM   
Rebenectomy

Depends on what you're looking for, but Lavery's is always a pretty sound bet, as is the Menagerie.Cathedral Quarter also has plenty on most weekends.

< Message edited by Rebenectomy -- 5/8/2010 12:56:48 PM >

(in reply to Hex)
Post #: 117
RE: Northern Ireland - 5/8/2010 12:56:50 PM   
jcthefirst

Limers. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooo!!!

Ahem.

@Jonny_C85

Post #: 118
RE: Northern Ireland - 5/8/2010 1:17:48 PM   
MOTH

The Bot.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 119
RE: Northern Ireland - 5/8/2010 4:45:02 PM   
Snowth

quote:

Limers. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooo!!!

Ahem.

Oh god, the memories. Make them go away.

I second The Bot.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: Northern Ireland Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI