Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Final Fantasy XIII

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Final Fantasy XIII Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 10/4/2010 2:18:39 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin
You should never have Fang as a Ravenger - she's a commando and rubbish at magic attacks.

I thought she was quite balanced in all her classes? Fair enough I'll keep her to Commando, Sentinel and Sabatuer.

quote:

Other than that it looks fine, but i'd throw a synergist role in there to mix it up a bit :)

I think that will be the main turning point. I need a defence boost once I get rid of the heads.

quote:

(and maxing all three default classes helps a lot with stats as they cross over roles)

Ahhh I see. I didn't know that. Hopefully that won't take too long.

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM
Eventually you'll get to the point where it's just Bart's head. This is the hard part!

Indeed. I kill off all the heads just fine. After that he justs seems to bombared you with ...

quote:

Once Bart unleashes Destructo you'll be left not much health

Destructo! It must be that. Not the face cannon thing. The one he charges up. I think eventually even when Light is on FULL health he kills her off with one strike of that move. So a sysenergist boosting the defence seems to be the cure there.

quote:

Edit: and yeah, it's an early boss - It took me 55 hours just to complete the game so you're not even half way

WHOOP ...

quote:

It's no biggy having never completed a final fantasy game.

I HAVE to clock a FF. They are meant to be the daddies of JRPG. So it has to be done.

quote:

You've finished things like Lost Odyssey so it's not worth forcing yourself to play something you're not enjoying

Don't get me wrong I am enjoying this game (to a degree). I just wish it came out last year, as there weren't so many BIG games out that I wanted to play. There are so many big releases comming out this year that I've been looking forward. I do want to complete this ... it just got here a bit late for me.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 241
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 11/4/2010 12:58:34 PM   
punchdrunk

I just bought 'Mass Effect 2' my God it's a bloody relief to have some choice about the way I progress through the game, It's sad that 'Final Fantasy' series hasn't seen how the competition has evolved and adapted to compete.

I may go back to 'FF13' at some point, but at the moment I'm considering trading it in.     

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 242
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 11/4/2010 1:32:24 PM   
HIM

I think it's problem with not only Final Fantasy and JRPGs in general, but most Japanese games. They seem to be stuck fast in their ways, where as Western developers are constantly evolving and pushing the boundaries. It's the reason that the Japanese games industry is in such a decline while in the west we're thriving. Capcom have shifted a lot of development to western studios - Lost Planet 2 and Dead Rising 2 are two such examples. While at Square Enix they have not only bought a western publisher and developer (Eidos Interactive) but they've radically changed their flagship title (Final Fantasy XIII) to appeal to more western audiences to the extent that it completely threw away many of the things that make a JRPG a JRPG. But with Final Fantasy XIII it seems like it's a bit too middle of the road. It's too western for Japanese tastes, while it's too Japanese for western tastes.

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 243
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 18/4/2010 8:42:16 AM   
Chojin

Just 8 missions left to 5 star, and treasure hunter......

Once i'm down to TH alone it's just a matter of time and grinding, something I feel I excel at.

107 Hours and counting :/

Edit: Done, just have treasure hunter left.

< Message edited by Chojin -- 18/4/2010 1:39:21 PM >

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 244
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 18/4/2010 11:45:49 AM   
punchdrunk

quote:

I think it's problem with not only Final Fantasy and JRPGs in general, but most Japanese games. They seem to be stuck fast in their ways, where as Western developers are constantly evolving and pushing the boundaries. It's the reason that the Japanese games industry is in such a decline while in the west we're thriving. Capcom have shifted a lot of development to western studios - Lost Planet 2 and Dead Rising 2 are two such examples. While at Square Enix they have not only bought a western publisher and developer (Eidos Interactive) but they've radically changed their flagship title (Final Fantasy XIII) to appeal to more western audiences to the extent that it completely threw away many of the things that make a JRPG a JRPG. But with Final Fantasy XIII it seems like it's a bit too middle of the road. It's too western for Japanese tastes, while it's too Japanese for western tastes.

I think you've got it spot on there HIM!

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 245
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 19/4/2010 9:03:48 AM   
Jaded_Parrot

Im grinding for Gil at the moment got fed up of killing the Adamantoises and getting diddly squat so went back to mission 27! Getting bored now!

Anybody else got any good gil grinding spots? I know of the perfume spot, obviously the adamntoises and mission 27...

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 246
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 19/4/2010 10:18:33 AM   
HIM

I cannot kill Cid Raines!!!! Gargh he's fucking solid! I'm OK getting him down to the final part but after that I cannot hurt him any more as I'm constantly healing and/or buffing. Then when I try to attack him he's either guarding - at which time my attacks do fuck all - or he uses that Seraphine Ray (sp?) and debuffs me so I have to start again. I've tried it with Fang and Hope, Sazh and Fang and Hope and Sazh in my party. I've tried using different Paradigms. I've tried summoning Odin. I haven't missed a fight in the game so my characters are all Level 3 on their three main areas. He's just too fucking hard. He's a cunt. I do not like him.

(in reply to Jaded_Parrot)
Post #: 247
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 19/4/2010 3:49:49 PM   
HIM

DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 YES, DIE CUNT, DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 248
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 19/4/2010 7:11:19 PM   
punchdrunk

http://video.ign.com/dor/articles/1075915/ign-the-blyth-report/videos/Blyth5_1_wmvhd_1.html
This guy sums it up pretty well too.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 249
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 19/4/2010 7:21:42 PM   
Chojin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jaded_Parrot

Im grinding for Gil at the moment got fed up of killing the Adamantoises and getting diddly squat so went back to mission 27! Getting bored now!

Anybody else got any good gil grinding spots? I know of the perfume spot, obviously the adamntoises and mission 27...

I use the adamantoise at Eden. It's the easiest way imo because you're using the same tactic each time - I just played for about an hour and managed a million or so gil within that hour. (5 million needed for my dark matters alone)

syn/syn/syn - until they all have faith 2/bravery 2
summon
sab/sab/sab
press x for gestalt, press y for all out - (pressing back to skip the scenes)
rav/rav/rav - only when he has all four status ailments (slow, deprotect, deshell, imperil)
build chain guage to 800+%
com/com/com

easy! takes about 90 seconds. I'm so determined to finish this motherfucker now that i'm playing during the week, I can never be arsed normally.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 250
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 20/4/2010 8:45:58 AM   
Jaded_Parrot

quote:

quote:

I use the adamantoise at Eden. It's the easiest way imo because you're using the same tactic each time - I just played for about an hour and managed a million or so gil within that hour. (5 million needed for my dark matters alone)

syn/syn/syn - until they all have faith 2/bravery 2
summon
sab/sab/sab
press x for gestalt, press y for all out - (pressing back to skip the scenes)
rav/rav/rav - only when he has all four status ailments (slow, deprotect, deshell, imperil)
build chain guage to 800+%
com/com/com

easy! takes about 90 seconds. I'm so determined to finish this motherfucker now that i'm playing during the week, I can never be arsed normally.

Yeah thats what i was doing but after an hour i got naff all from them, i can kill them fairly easily, but cant seem to get anything from them. I think your bad lucks rubbed off on me!! haha

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 251
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 20/4/2010 9:43:43 AM   
HIM

OK I've just arrived on Grand Pulse (yay!!! It's very pretty) and done my first Monster Hunter mission. What do I need to know and/or do while I'm here? My aim is to do all the missions. I don't care about the story, it's gash. I can wait to finish that. How may missions are there? Do you have any tips and such? I did notice that the general wildlife is fucking nails! On the way to kill the Ectopudding (which was a complete piece of piss) I ran into one of those Behemoths with two or three little dinosaur things as well and he killed me dead. I dispatched the dinos with ease but once old Behemoth stood on his hind legs I was fucked. Once hit took me out. I shall obviously have to level up. Is the best way to simply do the missions and level up that way?

Post #: 252
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 20/4/2010 4:04:09 PM   
the anomaly

So by some freak accident my save files are gone. FFXIII and all. So ... I'll be sending it back to Lovefilm most probaly. Unless does anyone fancy going through the first two discs ... on my gamertag ... and then just post me the U.S.B drive with the save on it so I can continue ... anyone? No? ... Chojin? ... 

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 253
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 21/4/2010 6:57:45 AM   
Chojin

quote:

OK I've just arrived on Grand Pulse (yay!!! It's very pretty) and done my first Monster Hunter mission. What do I need to know and/or do while I'm here? My aim is to do all the missions. I don't care about the story, it's gash. I can wait to finish that. How may missions are there? Do you have any tips and such? I did notice that the general wildlife is fucking nails! On the way to kill the Ectopudding (which was a complete piece of piss) I ran into one of those Behemoths with two or three little dinosaur things as well and he killed me dead. I dispatched the dinos with ease but once old Behemoth stood on his hind legs I was fucked. Once hit took me out. I shall obviously have to level up. Is the best way to simply do the missions and level up that way?

You really need to complete the story first as there are two further stages to unlock on the crystarium. Without these, some of the later missions will be impossible - there are 64 missions!

I'd suggest trying the missions up to around number 20 and then progressing with the story.

quote:

So by some freak accident my save files are gone. FFXIII and all. So ... I'll be sending it back to Lovefilm most probaly. Unless does anyone fancy going through the first two discs ... on my gamertag ... and then just post me the U.S.B drive with the save on it so I can continue ... anyone? No? ... Chojin? ...

You're doomed aren't you! Was this freak accident you deleting the files? did you lose ALL data on your HDD?

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 254
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 21/4/2010 9:42:06 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

quote:

You're doomed aren't you! Was this freak accident you deleting the files? did you lose ALL data on your HDD?

Indeed. It's truly annoying as the reason I was messing around with my HDD and the USB was so I could play my FXIII save on Joyous's Xbox 360. Oh and yes I lost ALL my save data on my HDD! I've just bought this Datel Xport thing. Apparently it has a function that let's you undelete stuff ... so I'm keeping FXIII for now ... fingers crossed I get it all back.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 255
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 21/4/2010 11:00:05 AM   
HIM

quote:

quote:

You really need to complete the story first as there are two further stages to unlock on the crystarium. Without these, some of the later missions will be impossible - there are 64 missions!

I'd suggest trying the missions up to around number 20 and then progressing with the story.

OK I've just got to mission 12. It's the bit where you go to that bit where there's a big red forcefield. And then when you got to the mission it's this big fucker that climbs up the cliff. He killed me. Is there a good place to grind up? Or do you have any good tactics for this big fucker? Do you even know what big fucker I'm talking about?

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 256
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 21/4/2010 12:14:31 PM   
Jaded_Parrot

I know which big fucker you mean, hes like a really big Ceith i killed him realy easily but then i had completed the game. i didnt see the point in doing some of the marks until after that as i want the 5 star achievement so i just ignored them and carried on with the story. Theres a really really good place to level up soon as you progress the story anyway so id ignore it and carry on. But thats my opinion 

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 257
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 21/4/2010 1:37:31 PM   
HIM

OK cool I wasn't sure whether or not you could come back and carry on the Monster Hunter missions after you've progressed past Grand Pulse. I think I'll crack on with the story then as that big fucker took me out in one hit, even though all my party was buffed up.

Post #: 258
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 21/4/2010 2:18:54 PM   
Jaded_Parrot

Theres a good leveling spot that you come to then where the path forks and one of them is a dead end. run that path back and forth and you will get some nice CP for it quite quickly. they also drop decent items. At the dead end theres a juggernaut mini type boss fight (you wont be able to defeat it) start the fight but just retry all the enimies will then respawn

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 259
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 21/4/2010 5:04:44 PM   
HIM

Can you show me which bit you mean on this map?:

http://dl.gamesradar.com/photos/ffxiii_ciethstone_map_large.jpg

Post #: 260
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 22/4/2010 1:35:43 PM   
Jaded_Parrot

I think it Ceith stone 32 that path back and forth has bombs and robot things, fight your way through to the dead end encounter the boss thing hit retry walk back down the path. Then walk a bit further away until the respawn and rinse and repeat. the bombs drop bomb cores which give a decent amount of exp for upgrading

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 261
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 17/5/2010 12:18:08 AM   
dark_exodus

quote:

there are 64 missions!

Really?

This game is going to take forever to complete. Is there like a trophy/achievement for all 64?
I'm on the 5th one now and I'm bored. Can you come back to this later on?

Watched at the Cinema Recently
The Town 4/5
Buried 4/5

www.gameshideout.co.uk

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 262
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 17/5/2010 2:08:15 PM   
Jaded_Parrot

Yes you can come back to them at the end of the game and some of them you wont have enough "power" to do them until you get the last Sphere Grid expansion.

Yes there is an achievement for Completing all the mission (*cough with a 5 star rating cough*)

(in reply to dark_exodus)
Post #: 263
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 17/5/2010 3:54:20 PM   
dark_exodus

quote:

Yes you can come back to them at the end of the game and some of them you wont have enough "power" to do them until you get the last Sphere Grid expansion.

Yes there is an achievement for Completing all the mission (*cough with a 5 star rating cough*)

Wow, I was going to aim for the Platinum trophy, but that sounds like a lot of hard work, not to mention time consuming.
It took me 2+ hours just to complete 4 missions.

What's the max level of the Sphere Grid? I'm on level 3 right now, almost at 4.

The Town 4/5
Buried 4/5

www.gameshideout.co.uk

Post #: 264
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 17/5/2010 4:02:07 PM   
HIM

I think it's about 10.

Post #: 265
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 17/5/2010 4:28:55 PM   
dark_exodus

quote:

I think it's about 10.

So to master a role do you have to reach level 10, or are the roles mastered earlier?

The Town 4/5
Buried 4/5

www.gameshideout.co.uk

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 266
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 17/5/2010 5:59:13 PM   
Chojin

quote:

ORIGINAL: dark_exodus

quote:

I think it's about 10.

So to master a role do you have to reach level 10, or are the roles mastered earlier?

I think it's level 5 and stage 10. For all 6 roles, for all 6 characters. It's one of the less time consuming achievements. Only takes about 10-20 hours to max them once you've completed the game.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 267
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 17/5/2010 7:15:19 PM   
dark_exodus

OK, so I'm on chapter 11 now around 29 hours in. So I'm guessing there's another 10 hours to complete the game + then another 10-20 hours to level up.

Very time consuming.

I might just complete a few more missions and then progress with the story. The game "so-far" has been very hit and miss. It seems like a total grind throughout but still semi-enjoyable in a strange kind of way.

< Message edited by dark_exodus -- 17/5/2010 7:16:16 PM >

The Town 4/5
Buried 4/5

www.gameshideout.co.uk

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 268
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 11/6/2010 4:38:43 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

So what's the general consensus on this - I hear it's not all that but I'm still tempted... 

Post #: 269
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 11/6/2010 5:20:16 PM   
pedros

I'm actually loving it. It's not the best FF game but it looks truly amazing and I love the combat, it's so fluid and exciting. Characters are ok, story is ok, but I never really pay much attention to story in video games. I personally would highly recommend it but I think there are many others here that would disagree. I've just got to the end guy but I want to do some grinding first, though I think I'm powerful enough to take him down.

I'd rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth.

Hey, wha' happened???

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Final Fantasy XIII Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI