Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Final Fantasy XIII

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Final Fantasy XIII Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 28/3/2010 5:22:05 PM   
TrendMeUp

There's a shit load of them, Dev. They're in Gran Pulse and they fucking terrify me. They remind me of the giant walker thing from The Mist.

I'm sticking with it. I said to my friend the other day that it's a good game, just a poor Final Fantasy game. The story is okay, the characters do get more likeable, particularly Hope. And Pulse is pretty brilliant.

http://thatgumyoulikeblog.wordpress.com - a film blog

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 211
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 1/4/2010 4:08:35 PM   
Yeti

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1569-Final-Fantasy-XIII

We sit over our keyboards shoveling Pot Noodles down our mouths. Not because we're hungry. Not because we like them. Just to stifle the sobs for another minute or two.

(in reply to TrendMeUp)
Post #: 212
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 1/4/2010 8:08:27 PM   
the anomaly

Ugh I'm up to Sazh's Eidolon battle. I know what to do, Libra then chain attacks and support the other character. But the time limit is kicking my ass every time. I get so close but to no avail. I'm trying to stick it out ... but there are other games I'd rather be playing now ... 

(in reply to Yeti)
Post #: 213
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 3/4/2010 3:10:18 PM   
punchdrunk

I wondered what the 'Credits' were when leveling up weapons and items, not taking any real notice of the text saying they could be sold for a premium, checked in the shop.... $$$$ *Cherching* $$$$!! The 'Incentive Credits' are worth even more. No cash worries for me from now on,
I'm guessing that I don't need to save up for anything big right?
I'm just buying parts to upgrade my weapons and Items at the moment.  

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 214
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 3/4/2010 3:39:19 PM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yeti

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1569-Final-Fantasy-XIII

As predictable as the Sun rising in the morning, or finding snow in the South Pole.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Yeti)
Post #: 215
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 3/4/2010 4:57:53 PM   
kata

Refuse to listen to that, i know exactly how it'll pan out and it will just end up pissing me off 

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 216
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 3/4/2010 5:59:31 PM   
HIM

I haven't played this for about a week and I really cannot muster up the enthusiasm to carry on. I'm about 20 hours in and up to that bit where we're on the blimp things. When does it get better? Does it get better?

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 217
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 3/4/2010 8:36:59 PM   
punchdrunk

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

I haven't played this for about a week and I really cannot muster up the enthusiasm to carry on. I'm about 20 hours in and up to that bit where we're on the blimp things. When does it get better? Does it get better?

I go from loving it to hating it, sometimes within the same minute. Is the bit where you are up to got that bloody alarm going off relentlessly throughout the level, "yes we get it we have tresspassed on the enemies craft! now shut that bloody alarm up!"   

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 218
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 3/4/2010 8:50:34 PM   
HIM

quote:

ORIGINAL: punchdrunk

quote:

I go from loving it to hating it, sometimes within the same minute. Is the bit where you are up to got that bloody alarm going off relentlessly throughout the level, "yes we get it we have tresspassed on the enemies craft! now shut that bloody alarm up!"   

YES!!!!

How far away from Grand Pulse am I?

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 219
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 3/4/2010 9:05:53 PM   
juanvasquez

quote:

quote:

quote:

YES!!!!

How far away from Grand Pulse am I?

Gran Pulse is the next part if I remember.

And that's when I started to detest it!

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 220
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 3/4/2010 9:07:29 PM   
HIM

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

Gran Pulse is the next part if I remember.

And that's when I started to detest it!

What?!? Everyone says that's where it opens up and gets good.

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 221
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 4/4/2010 5:22:04 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

quote:

Haha I'm the same! I've played two other JRPG's on the Xbox 360 and  FFXIII knocks them for six in some areas. It's impressive for a lot of reasons. On the other hand I have mixed feelings about the combat amongst other things. Still ... I think I'm enjoying it again.

How about the whole weapon customisation set up? I think it's pretty terrible. Considering the game has drip feeded me everything else there could have been a better tutorial. 20 hours in I've not made one weapon. Why not show us the weapons we are making? Instead of just showing us a random list of 100's of parts that we no nothing about. Hopefully it will get explained more later.

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 222
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 4/4/2010 7:20:40 PM   
punchdrunk

I thought IGN would have given us some help with that rather than a straight foward retread of something we had pretty much worked out ourselves.

Upgrading weapons is pretty rewarding, my way of doing it is to use low exp items until it increases in up to X2 then I use the more powerful upgrade items and your weapons shoot up in power. Items are pretty good to upgrade if they are things like upgrading your strength by +16 or magic but if they are 'Cast protect at start of the battle' it only adds a star to it which may make it so you can combine it later but has no immediate effect I can see.

Did you sell the Soldier Chips or Incentive credits (what ever they are called) ? they are pretty handy then you can shop for upgrade items, I tend to by a bunch of cheap low EXP ones as well as the High EXP ones as I said above, there may be some special way of using them (different weapons reacting to the right item) but as far as I can tell It makes little difference.     

Post #: 223
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 5/4/2010 11:10:25 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

I thought IGN would have given us some help with that rather than a straight foward retread of something we had pretty much worked out ourselves.

Upgrading weapons is pretty rewarding, my way of doing it is to use low exp items until it increases in up to X2 then I use the more powerful upgrade items and your weapons shoot up in power. Items are pretty good to upgrade if they are things like upgrading your strength by +16 or magic but if they are 'Cast protect at start of the battle' it only adds a star to it which may make it so you can combine it later but has no immediate effect I can see.

Did you sell the Soldier Chips or Incentive credits (what ever they are called) ? they are pretty handy then you can shop for upgrade items, I tend to by a bunch of cheap low EXP ones as well as the High EXP ones as I said above, there may be some special way of using them (different weapons reacting to the right item) but as far as I can tell It makes little difference.     

Que????

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 224
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 5/4/2010 5:59:35 PM   
timomouse

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

How about the whole weapon customisation set up? I think it's pretty terrible. Considering the game has drip feeded me everything else there could have been a better tutorial. 20 hours in I've not made one weapon. Why not show us the weapons we are making? Instead of just showing us a random list of 100's of parts that we no nothing about. Hopefully it will get explained more later.

I've found it pretty easy, actually - the basic thing you need to know is that natural stuff, while small in XP gets the multiplier up but artificial stuff, while high in XP brings it down. Quite simply, use the natural stuff first to get the multiplier up to x3 then use the artificial stuff to make the most of the high XP it gives. Then, you get things like Cobalite, Rhodochrosite, etc which, once you've got the item up to the star upgrade it to the next weapon up.

When in Oerba, you have to do a little sidequest to activate Vanille's robot. Do it and the stuff it gives you is crazy - you end up about 400,000 gil richer and with some very good items for upping weapons as well. It's certainly better than trying to store CP.

Post #: 225
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 5/4/2010 8:55:36 PM   
Chojin

I'm trying to get some traps now to get the tier 3 weapons. It's insane with a 1% drop rate or 5% with the catalogue. Insane!!!

my method of upgrading is:

make sure to have 36 x sturdy bones to get the multiplier up to x3
buy particle reactors at 10k a pop and add them.

i've got lightnings, vanilles and fangs tier 2 weapons up to the top - I just need the bloody traps to upgrade them to omega.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to timomouse)
Post #: 226
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 6/4/2010 10:40:39 AM   
the anomaly

Wow, I must have missed somthing ... I can hardly understand what you guys are saying.  Though thanks for the tips. What I could gather was use the cheap items to boost the multiplyer and then add the expensive ones to ermmm add the errrmmm stuff? ... I'm sure i'll get it eventually. 

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 227
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 6/4/2010 1:29:07 PM   
Jaded_Parrot

theres a bit of a trick to turn one trap into 3. pm me if ya would like to know mate 

Post #: 228
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 6/4/2010 1:43:47 PM   
HIM

What are these traps ya'll are talking about? 

(in reply to Jaded_Parrot)
Post #: 229
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 6/4/2010 5:12:53 PM   
genejoke

they must be further in than me I haven't a clue.

Still i like it more than not. Except Vanille, she is fucking annoying ah haha*giggle* soft sigh. The voice actors for her and hope must have been pissing themselves in the studio recording all the ahhh, ohhhs uuuhhhs.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 230
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 6/4/2010 10:29:56 PM   
Chojin

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly
What I could gather was use the cheap items to boost the multiplyer and then add the expensive ones to ermmm add the errrmmm stuff? ... I'm sure i'll get it eventually. 

The best way to get a 3x multiplier is buying 36 sturdy bones from creature comforts. Use these before using any of the big non-organic items to level up. (This makes the most of your items). The R&D Shop is the best for high XP items.

quote:

theres a bit of a trick to turn one trap into 3. pm me if ya would like to know mate

I know of this, but I haven't even got 1 yet. I got 6 no-drops in a row earlier before giving up. I have the worst luck, but i've got a good setup now and can demolish the adamantoise within 90 seconds. Refilling TP takes some time, but at least now I can get guaranteed kills without relying on death spamming.

Still - My luck is amazingly bad. My friend does the same thing and gets ingots every time, and he only needs his final trap.

quote:

What are these traps ya'll are talking about?

Its the item you need to turn any of the characters weapons from a Tier 2 weapon to a Tier 3 weapon (Omega). You can only get them by purchasing them for 2 million gil, farming adamtoise type enemies who have a drop rate of 1% or by dismantling a maxed out tier 3 weapon (1.5 million + XP required to max)

...and you need at least 6 of them to get an omega weapon for each character for the treasure hunter achievement/trophy.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 231
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 7/4/2010 7:00:07 AM   
Yeti

Can't I just read a guide?

We sit over our keyboards shoveling Pot Noodles down our mouths. Not because we're hungry. Not because we like them. Just to stifle the sobs for another minute or two.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 232
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 7/4/2010 7:13:55 AM   
Chojin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yeti

Can't I just read a guide?

Doesn't help when you need 6 items from one enemy with a 1% drop rate.....

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Yeti)
Post #: 233
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 7/4/2010 1:03:31 PM   
Jaded_Parrot

That is quite unlucky! i think i got a trap on my second attempt. gave up trying to get ignots though!! Sick of getting no drops so im spamming another easy mark for the moonblossom seeds and selling those! Finally got all the core roles done for everyone! and got two maxed out Unlimate Weapons 

You have to unlock the R&D shop by doing one of the mission marks, cant remember which one it is.

I think with the connesuire(sp) catalogue i think the drop rate goes up to 5%

< Message edited by Jaded_Parrot -- 7/4/2010 1:05:58 PM >

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 234
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 9/4/2010 6:27:02 PM   
Chojin

Just got my first ever Trap and was over the moon!

i'm gonna spend the weekend grinding for:

the remaining 5 traps
6 dark matters (buying for 800k, rather than farming the long gui's)
upgrading all tier 3 weapons
upgrading all tier 1 weapons
upgrading all accesories

I'm using an excel spreadsheet so i'm quite organised. I'd estimate it's 30-40 hours of grinding and messing about left until i'm done.

Edit: Only 2 Traps to go :)

< Message edited by Chojin -- 10/4/2010 10:56:39 AM >

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Jaded_Parrot)
Post #: 235
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 10/4/2010 11:01:06 AM   
the anomaly

ARGGGGGG ... I'm right at the end of the airship (20hours in). The boss keep's kicking my ass. I get rid of the extra parts first. Then concentrate on the main body. But eventually it just batters me silly. I've just upgraded a few weapons. It does seem easy enough actually. It still could be a lot better. I'm using Light, Fang & Vanille at the moment. They seem like a decent enough group to use.

I'm getting a bit fed up with the game now. There's just so much out I'd rather be playing now. I don't really want to spend another 40 hours or so going through this. I think I'll be getting rid of this after this weekend. I'll go back to it ... at some ... point ... no I WILL, I just HAVE to complete a FF game. Just maybe not right now ...

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 236
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 10/4/2010 11:30:11 AM   
Chojin

Have you maxed out all three default roles for each character? If you're fighting Barthandaleus [sp] on the airship i'm pretty sure I beat him first time.

lightning/fang/saz

1) all out attacking paradigm
2) in between (with lightning switching to medic but the others still attacking)
3) healing class (lightning healer, fang sentinel, saz as synergist
4) last resort class healer, sentinel, healer/sentinel whatever he is capable of.

As long as your classes are maxed and you use some kind of strategy you should be fine. Give it another shot, you shouldn't let one of the early bosses make you stop the game.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 237
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 10/4/2010 12:29:50 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

Have you maxed out all three default roles for each character? If you're fighting Barthandaleus [sp] on the airship i'm pretty sure I beat him first time.

lightning/fang/saz

1) all out attacking paradigm
2) in between (with lightning switching to medic but the others still attacking)
3) healing class (lightning healer, fang sentinel, saz as synergist
4) last resort class healer, sentinel, healer/sentinel whatever he is capable of.

As long as your classes are maxed and you use some kind of strategy you should be fine.

I've maxed out all the classes I'm using for each character if that makes sense. But I've almost maxed out all their classes anyway. Here's what I am doing ;

Team: Light, Fang, Vanille.

All Out Attack: Light (com), Fang (Rav), Vanille (Rav)
Defense: Light (com), Fang (Sent), Vanille (Med)
Sabotage: Light (com), Fang (Sab, Vanille (Med)

I get about 2-3 Heads down then summon Odin to take out the last 1-2. Then start attacking the body. I get about half way through and then the bastard just keeps pounding me with attacks. I have thought to throw a synergist in to boost defence. But I NEVER use Light as the Medic that's what Vanille is for. I guess I'll throw Sahz in there instead and see how Light does. I'll make sure all the classes are maxed too.

Cheers for the advice.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin
Give it another shot, you shouldn't let one of the early bosses make you stop the game.

I'm bloody 20 HOURS into this! I know it may be considered early for FFXIII ... but I've got to be a quater of the way through.? Honestly it's not just this boss that's annoying me. I'd just much rather be playing Mass Effect 2  ... which I could have pretty much almost completed in the time i've spent on this ...

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 238
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 10/4/2010 12:34:54 PM   
Chojin

You should never have Fang as a Ravenger - she's a commando and rubbish at magic attacks. Other than that it looks fine, but i'd throw a synergist role in there to mix it up a bit :)

(and maxing all three default classes helps a lot with stats as they cross over roles)

Edit: and yeah, it's an early boss - It took me 55 hours just to complete the game so you're not even half way It's no biggy having never completed a final fantasy game. You've finished things like Lost Odyssey so it's not worth forcing yourself to play something you're not enjoying

< Message edited by Chojin -- 10/4/2010 12:36:30 PM >

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 239
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 10/4/2010 1:10:23 PM   
HIM

Try putting Hope in, instead of Sazh. I did this exact boss last night and it took me a while. I did it this way:

Start out with this:
1) Lightning = Ravager, Fang = Saboteur, Hope = Synergist

Until Hope has given all party members upgrades and Fang has slowed Bart. If you're getting hit switch Light to a medic to heal. Then switch to:

2) Lightning = Ravager, Fang = Commando, Hope = Ravager (Relentless Assault)

When you need to heal switch Diversity which is the same as above only with Hope healing as he's a better healer than Lightning.

Eventually you'll get to the point where it's just Bart's head. This is the hard part! Carry on attacking and healing as in step 2 until he starts to charge Destructo. As soon as he starts this switch to Hero's Charge, which is:

3) Lightning = Medic, Fang = Commando, Hope = Synergist

And as soon as Hope has upgraded everyone with shields and whatnot, switch to Comabat Clinic, which is:

4) Lightning = Medic, Fang = Sentinel, Hope = Medic

As you're waiting make sure everyone is fully healed and queue up but don't use four Cures with Lightning and highlight yourself. Once Bart unleashes Destructo you'll be left not much health, so hit the action button to cure yourself straight away. Now repeat until he dies.

One caveat though; the cunt used Doom on me near the end of the battle and I only just beat him as he was about to unleash Destructo on me! If the battle lasted any longer - literally five seconds - he would have either killed me with Destructo or the Doom counter would have ran out. Also, don't forget if you get in a sticky situation to summon Odin. If you've summoned Odin then Destructo will always miss you, plus when he fucks off you're party will be back to full health.

< Message edited by HIM -- 10/4/2010 1:13:11 PM >

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Final Fantasy XIII Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI