Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Final Fantasy XIII

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Final Fantasy XIII Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 19/3/2010 9:16:08 AM   
HIM

quote:

ORIGINAL: MBeard

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

quote:

All the symbols confuse me though, need to find a write up of what symbol means what.

Have you tried the instruction booklet?

Don't have one with my game.

Oh I get it. Did you get the game in a flash?

(in reply to MBeard)
Post #: 181
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 19/3/2010 11:47:06 AM   
MBeard

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

All the symbols confuse me though, need to find a write up of what symbol means what.

Have you tried the instruction booklet?

Don't have one with my game.

Oh I get it. Did you get the game in a flash?

LOL not this time. My mate bought it but hasn't got time to play it so has lent me disc 1.

I bought it aswell but my copy is at home so I'm rinsing his. :)

< Message edited by MBeard -- 19/3/2010 12:04:56 PM >

PM me for Xbox Live Details!

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 182
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 19/3/2010 11:52:13 AM   
HIM

Pefect quoting there MBeard.

< Message edited by HIM -- 19/3/2010 12:07:39 PM >

(in reply to MBeard)
Post #: 183
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 19/3/2010 12:05:22 PM   
MBeard

quote:

What's going on with your post? Bit of a quote fail.

What are you talking about? ;)

PM me for Xbox Live Details!

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 184
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 19/3/2010 12:08:06 PM   
HIM

quote:

quote:

What's going on with your post? Bit of a quote fail.

What are you talking about? ;)

What are you talking about?

(in reply to MBeard)
Post #: 185
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 19/3/2010 12:34:37 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: punchdrunk

I had two fails to get the twins! It was really annoying, when I finally worked out how to get them I almost messed up again, even though the tutorial told me to hit X, I didn't notice it on the screen...

Yes, I'm Rubbish!

But apart from that I'm enjoying the game.  

I died a few times on that section. I couldn't see where to press X either. I ended up just tapping it all the way through the fight. Ended up doing that for the next Eidolons too. It say's you have to fill the bar but it doesn't look like you do.

quote:

What I'm not loving however is the camera. It's f-ing awful. It's far sensitive for a start and it keeps reverting to an awkward position that's ever so slightly too low behind the character.

Agreed. It doesn't hurt the game too badly at the moment. Your only running forward to the next battle or location. But it will fustrate a lot more when the game opens up later.

I've just finshed the first disc. There is a lot about this game I like. But then some of the additons should be in every RPG as standard. So should I be impressed? ... I guess I should ... but it's about time!

The battle system I'm not sure about. I get it. But it's annoying how time passes so quickly and it can get a bit frantic. Though it works for the most part.

STORY SPOILERS for DISC 1

The story. I'm just making it sense of it. So we have humans and they were all living on Pulse (Planet) many years ago. Then the Fal'cie came. An alien/robot race which helped the humans and built them Coccon (A new planet orbiting Pulse). But then the Fal'cie began fighting and the humans and Fal'cie were seperated between Pulse and Coccon.  Is that the back story? Flash forward to now in Coccon and people are being kicked out of Coccon because people are afraid of anyone that comes into contact with the Fal'cie. Then the gang you are with have been cursed by the Fal'cie of Pulse? Which is even worse because that makes you foes of Coccon automatically. As you have been cursed you have to complete a certain task. If you don't you will turn into some Zombie thing. If you do you turn into a crstyal. Is that about it?

The characters. So far I think they are decent. Shaez is my favourite by far ... then the rest ... then Vanillae. Though it's early day's. I'm not going to power through this. Just going to put in a few hours each day. I don't want to power through and shoot myself in the foot a la Lost Odyessy...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yeti

I just plain don't read instruction booklets.

May case in this game is exactly the same. If you're going to lead me by the hand like some special kid who eats trifle with his forehead, well, you'd better explain everything.

It's true. I can't remember that last time I bothered looking at the instruction book for a game.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 19/3/2010 12:42:12 PM >

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 186
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 19/3/2010 5:10:24 PM   
juanvasquez

I'm up to chapter 13 now, and if it wasn't the fact it was the last chapter, I'd have given up on this by now. I was really enjoying it, up until about disc 3, and it's felt like a chore since. The story really hasn't kept me drawn in at all.

Once I've finished it, I think I'll trade this in.

Metro looks good.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 187
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 20/3/2010 8:55:32 AM   
Yeti

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

I'm up to chapter 13 now, and if it wasn't the fact it was the last chapter, I'd have given up on this by now. I was really enjoying it, up until about disc 3, and it's felt like a chore since. The story really hasn't kept me drawn in at all.

Once I've finished it, I think I'll trade this in.

Metro looks good.

I've felt it's a chore since disk 2. Kind of like a really shit battle Final Fight without any of the fun. I guess I'm somewhere or other in the story (The annoying little shit, the annoying shit lady and the stupidly named other chick) have all just met or something, somewhere (I may have popped out for a fag during cut-scenes). It seriously is just a clusterfuck. I'd learn techniques of how to battle things, but since the enemies keep fucking changing anyway, and sighing whenever the same big bugger means you'll flip between attack, heal, have tv on in background so you can watch something whilst the battle plays itself out over a seriousssssly long and boring period of time. I only died once, and thatwas when I regained control of Snow, but alls I had to do was us his points up on the Crystaballs and everything was fine. I haven't been arsed to upgrade a Weapon either, as frankly my soul hurts. I think... I've given up.

We sit over our keyboards shoveling Pot Noodles down our mouths. Not because we're hungry. Not because we like them. Just to stifle the sobs for another minute or two.

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 188
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 20/3/2010 8:58:57 AM   
juanvasquez

I think a return to the glory days of the PS1 games is needed. I love how they work. And much prefer the battle systems.

(in reply to Yeti)
Post #: 189
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 20/3/2010 9:01:18 AM   
Chojin

Just started getting my characters maxed out, and I need to make some weapon/item checklists for the treasure collector achievement.

I'm gonna see this through!

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 190
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 20/3/2010 9:03:31 AM   
Yeti

You should probably hunt down Star Ocean after, or failing that, wait for me to go through the bugger and I'll send it to you.

We sit over our keyboards shoveling Pot Noodles down our mouths. Not because we're hungry. Not because we like them. Just to stifle the sobs for another minute or two.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 191
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 20/3/2010 9:06:19 AM   
Chojin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yeti

You should probably hunt down Star Ocean after, or failing that, wait for me to go through the bugger and I'll send it to you.

I've got it already. I did enjoy it, but gave up on the story half way. It's a nice traditional JRPG but the achievements are just insane. Three playthroughs on increasing difficulty levels is stupid - at least let the player jump onto the toughest difficulty from the start. I'll return to it at some point, but right now all of my efforts are going towards 1k'ing this bad boy

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Yeti)
Post #: 192
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 20/3/2010 9:07:20 AM   
juanvasquez

Almost bought that the other day. Got Heavy Rain instead.

(in reply to Yeti)
Post #: 193
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 24/3/2010 11:21:24 AM   
RubberDuck

Got final fantasy delivered on release, had to go on holiday the next day Since my return put in some hours and for the most part Iím enjoying it, would like a bit more chance for exploration though, would like Hope to have an accident too.

Just got to the ark bit and unlocked all paradigms. I donít see the point in levelling any of the additional paradigms up, is there any advantage?

Post #: 194
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 24/3/2010 5:59:56 PM   
HIM

quote:

ORIGINAL: RubberDuck

Just got to the ark bit and unlocked all paradigms. I don't see the point in levelling any of the additional paradigms up, is there any advantage?

Yes you don't just gain abilities unique to that particular role you also gain universal upgrades such as HP up, Strength up and Magic up etc... So it's definately worth upgrading whatever you can in the Crystarium.

(in reply to RubberDuck)
Post #: 195
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 24/3/2010 5:59:58 PM   
Chojin

quote:

ORIGINAL: RubberDuck
Just got to the ark bit and unlocked all paradigms. I don’t see the point in levelling any of the additional paradigms up, is there any advantage?

It gives you a slight boost to your stats (bigger increase on the later levels) but the main point is to unlock further battle formations. You might need a paradigm with three healers later on, or one of the other paradigm roles

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to RubberDuck)
Post #: 196
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 25/3/2010 1:55:20 PM   
RubberDuck

Oh ok, thanks guys. I didn't realise that Hp etc increased throughout the bored when levelling, thought it was specific to the paradigm. Doh!

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 197
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 27/3/2010 11:17:37 AM   
punchdrunk

Slight Spoiler for Disc 2:

I can't believe FF13 had me chasing a little F*cking Bird!!! In a mini-game so inept it defies logic that they would think anyone enjoyed it.

(in reply to RubberDuck)
Post #: 198
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 27/3/2010 11:23:12 AM   
HIM

quote:

I can't believe FF13 had me chasing a little F*cking Bird!!! In a mini-game so inept it defies logic that they would think anyone enjoyed it.

Haha I got to that part the other day. It was like games haven't evolved or moved on for the last decade and half. Utterly appauling game design.

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 199
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 27/3/2010 8:08:21 PM   
juanvasquez

quote:

quote:

Haha I got to that part the other day. It was like games haven't evolved or moved on for the last decade and half. Utterly appauling game design.

Which is why I traded mine in. Tried to stick with it as I'd invested a lot of time into it, but in the end I just got fed up.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 200
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 27/3/2010 10:11:37 PM   
Chojin

Am I the only one sticking with it? 75 Hours and still going strong. I've almost maxed all of my characters levels and the next step will be looking to upgrade those tier 2 weapons for some ultimate weapons.

I'm taking my time, it's a game I'd love to get 1k for.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 201
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 27/3/2010 10:25:33 PM   
pedros

I'll be sticking with it, I just got my xbox back and am looking forward to getting back into it, I'm only about 10 hours in so far.

I'd rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth.

Hey, wha' happened???

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 202
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 28/3/2010 10:54:00 AM   
Yeti

Nope, mine went all bye-byes last week. Fuck it, and it's annoyingnosity. I might just get Hannah Montana instead. 

(in reply to pedros)
Post #: 203
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 28/3/2010 10:58:05 AM   
HIM

I'm sticking with it too, largely on the promise that when I get to Gran Pulse it will open up a bit more. I'm over 20 hours in but so far the story just doesn't interest me and I fear at this point it never will. The characters are also, for the most part either annoying and/or unlikable. I liked Sazh at first but he's started to get on my tits with his suicidal nature and his kid is fucking freaky looking. He's turning into Michael from Lost. Lightning is an interesting character but she's not what you'd call likable. Vanille just sounds like she's cumming all the time. Hope is a wet blanket and needs to grow a pair. Snow is alright but I wish he'd stop going on about being a hero. And Fang is just a typical hard ass girl. So yeah, the story is gash and the characters aren't likable enough. Two pretty fucking huge faux pas for an RPG.

My problem with the story is that it's just too out there. It's like a Hayao Miyazaki film and it's difficult to relate to. With Final Fantasy VII you had this modern looking, realistic city and an evil corporation polluting the planet. It was easy to relate to. XIII isn't.

(in reply to pedros)
Post #: 204
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 28/3/2010 11:56:52 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

Am I the only one sticking with it? 75 Hours and still going strong. I've almost maxed all of my characters levels and the next step will be looking to upgrade those tier 2 weapons for some ultimate weapons.

I'm taking my time, it's a game I'd love to get 1k for.

I'm playing it still. Though I haven't put much time into it recently. I'll be seeing it through till the end. I simply have to complete a Final Fantasy game! It was keeping me entertained but it's something that will stay on the back burner I think.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 205
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 28/3/2010 1:25:17 PM   
HIM

What makes it worse for me is that I've still got God of War III and Heavy Rain sat on my shelf, still wrapped, looking at me while I trudge through FFXIII. I don't want to give up though because if I stop playing for even a week I'll probably end up trading it in and never finishing it like I did with FFXIII, FFXII and Lost Odyssey.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 206
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 28/3/2010 1:43:52 PM   
pedros

Well I played it for the first time in over a week this morning and really enjoyed it, I'm sure it will get to a point where I will get a bit bored and won't touch it for a couple of months, but I'll definitely come back and finish it. I tend to take breaks of a few weeks or months with most of my games, even short ones, I'm much more of a casual gamer and I like to take my time. 

Hey, wha' happened???

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 207
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 28/3/2010 3:08:15 PM   
Deviation

Played it yesterday on a PS3 belonging to a friend 70 hrs of game-play in (since Xbox360 is for effete, smart-alecky losers), and I was impressed. It certainly has some beautiful visuals and the plot feels compelling. There is an alarming amount of color going on at once (especially in the quite exciting battle scenes, great battle system). I do have some minor quibbles, the way the enemies just disappear after defeat is annoying (can watching the giant colossal elephant turtle just disappear after defeating it be more anti-climatic?). Also, is anyone only seeing psychedelic rainbows after playing it?

And in one of the big open ended plains, THERE IS A HUGE FUCKING MONSTER THAT MAKES THE COLOSSI IN SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS LOOK LIKE DWARFS, RIGHT AFTER THE MOUNTAINS.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to pedros)
Post #: 208
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 28/3/2010 3:22:38 PM   
pedros

People usually like to hide spoilers, you decided to go the other way...

Hey, wha' happened???

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 209
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 28/3/2010 4:21:32 PM   
Deviation

It's not really a spoiler though, I think, you could see it as part of the scenery, and it's probably not a major boss, but a side-boss a million time more powerful than the main plot bosses.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to pedros)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Final Fantasy XIII Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI