Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Final Fantasy XIII

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Final Fantasy XIII Page: <<   < prev  7 8 9 [10] 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 11/6/2010 7:23:17 PM   
Chojin

it's not for everyone, but I loved it enough to pour 117 hours in and get the 1k. It's my second fav FF game just under FFX. It's highly linear, the story is only understandable if you read the journal entries at the start and there isn't much exploration.

However there are the great graphics, story, characters and gameplay to enjoy. I thought it was an emotional rollercoaster of a story.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to pedros)
Post #: 271
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 12/6/2010 10:01:13 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

it's not for everyone, but I loved it enough to pour 117 hours in and get the 1k. It's my second fav FF game just under FFX. It's highly linear, the story is only understandable if you read the journal entries at the start and there isn't much exploration.

However there are the great graphics, story, characters and gameplay to enjoy. I thought it was an emotional rollercoaster of a story.

If you ever want to replay the game on my save ... to get me up to disc 3 ... just let me know. The offer still stands!

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 272
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 12/6/2010 12:42:52 PM   
Chojin

I'll be getting the other related games when they come out on PS3, but i'm still waiting for them to come to 360 as well. I can't find the motivation to play my PS3 :/

I've only completed one game on it after owning it for 6 months, and that was metal gear solid 4. (which was epic to be fair)

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 273
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 12/6/2010 2:08:13 PM   
dark_exodus

I'm finding this really difficult to finish now, and I want to move on to other games but I know if I stop playing I'll never come back.

Chapter 11 has been a complete bore.

Please someone tell me it ends soon......

Watched at the Cinema Recently
The Town 4/5
Buried 4/5

www.gameshideout.co.uk

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 274
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 12/6/2010 2:40:11 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: dark_exodus

I'm finding this really difficult to finish now, and I want to move on to other games but I know if I stop playing I'll never come back.

I think that's made my mind up - Lost Odyssey anyone?

(in reply to dark_exodus)
Post #: 275
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 13/6/2010 2:12:49 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: dark_exodus

I think that's made my mind up - Lost Odyssey anyone?

Mixed feelings about FFXIII. The production values are good and it's all streamlined. Though I wasn't sure on the combat. Sometimes I wanted more control. Others I was happy to have the tedious sections automated.

Lost Odyssey ... man I spent like 100 hours on that game ... like FXIII my save is gone now. But I went above and beyond in LO. I had a lot of up's and downs. FFXIII trumps it in many areas though to be fair that came out two years later or somthing. Errmmmm it's late ... Not sure what I want to say ... pop Bayonetta back in the box Fluke ... it's the only way to go ... the more you put in ... you more love you get ... it's just so good.

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 276
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 19/6/2010 8:45:20 PM   
dark_exodus

I can't defeat the chapter 11 boss. I've tried everything, but the mother ****** just won't die.

Any tips?

I can get he's energy down to half, but then he casts Doom...

The Town 4/5
Buried 4/5

www.gameshideout.co.uk

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 277
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 11/7/2010 1:40:01 PM   
pedros

The end boss is fucking solid and I can't get past his 2nd phase. I've never had a problem with an FF end boss before, usually cos I'm levelled up to fuck, but because of the level cap in this game I'm finding him way difficult! It's when he starts casting all those status shit at me - esuna only gets rid of one at a time so before I've got rid of them he just casts them on me again! Fucker.

I'd rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth.

Hey, wha' happened???

(in reply to dark_exodus)
Post #: 278
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 11/7/2010 3:25:10 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

I'll be getting the other related games when they come out on PS3, but i'm still waiting for them to come to 360 as well. I can't find the motivation to play my PS3 :/

I've only completed one game on it after owning it for 6 months, and that was metal gear solid 4. (which was epic to be fair)

I, and as much as I hate to admit this, feel the exact same way. The last game I completed was MGS4 i think - and that was years ago (it was really the only reason I bought it) I don't think I have turned on my PS3 for about 5 months. I even bought new games at the start of the year to force me to play. I still haven't opened Prince of Persia and only completed 1% of Batman AA.

I don't want to sell my PS3 though, just because I know I will get practically nothing for it.

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 279
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 11/7/2010 5:13:51 PM   
dark_exodus

quote:

ORIGINAL: pedros

The end boss is fucking solid and I can't get past his 2nd phase. I've never had a problem with an FF end boss before, usually cos I'm levelled up to fuck, but because of the level cap in this game I'm finding him way difficult! It's when he starts casting all those status shit at me - esuna only gets rid of one at a time so before I've got rid of them he just casts them on me again! Fucker.

Please don't scare me..

I'm almost there.... final chapter.. I can't take on another annoying boss.... I'm so close to getting this game out of my life...

The Town 4/5
Buried 4/5

www.gameshideout.co.uk

(in reply to pedros)
Post #: 280
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 11/7/2010 7:11:46 PM   
Chojin

quote:

He had me shouting at the screen, he was a true test of patience. If you're having a lot of trouble try maxing your weapons - this really helps you deal some more damage. Try synthesising some better items etc....it's the alternative to grinding. If you're determined enough you will do it!

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to pedros)
Post #: 281
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 16/7/2010 1:01:27 PM   
Jaded_Parrot

I never really had loads of trouble with the bosses the only one that frustrated me was the first boss fight with Barthandulus. I think the trick with healing and esuna is to have everyone as a healer as you need to on that boss fight when he brings you to 1hp. With the status effects if you keep your party as buffed as possible it will just negate the effect and you just need to re-apply

< Message edited by Jaded_Parrot -- 16/7/2010 1:02:34 PM >

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 282
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 2/8/2010 8:25:22 PM   
pedros

Finally, I beat that fucker! In his face!!! Now I can go on to doing all the marks and getting some more achievements. Nice ending, despite Leona Lewis.

Hey, wha' happened???

(in reply to Jaded_Parrot)
Post #: 283
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 3/8/2010 7:39:27 PM   
Chojin

quote:

Finally, I beat that fucker! In his face!!! Now I can go on to doing all the marks and getting some more achievements. Nice ending, despite Leona Lewis.

congrats :) but you need the full 1k before you can call yourself a 'beastmaster'

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to pedros)
Post #: 284
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 3/8/2010 10:12:04 PM   
pedros

Not sure if I'll mange the whole 1k, that 'possess every item' one seems stupidly time consuming. No reason why I can't get the rest though. I've so far got 525, 20 out of 35 achievements. I'm going to try and complete all the hunts this weekend and grind my tits off so I'll polish off a few more then. I would like to get the full 1k though...

Hey, wha' happened???

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 285
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 19/1/2011 7:17:28 PM   
Chojin

Anyone excited about FFXIII-2?

I'm going for the platinum on FFXIII platinum on PS3 in preparation, my second playthrough has been an absolute breeze. I was dreading Cid Raines but I beat him first try with no trouble at all. I was waiting for his second form to kick in but he just got defeated instantly :/

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to pedros)
Post #: 286
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 19/1/2011 7:55:39 PM   
kata

That's FF10-2-2 right, not FF13-2?
That's what i read some place else,  I'll see if i can dig up the article when i get chance.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 287
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 19/1/2011 7:58:30 PM   
pedros

No, I'm pretty sure it's FFXIII-2. I doubt many people will be that bothered about it. I will be though, I was one of those in the minority who loved FFXIII. It might even prompt me to go back and get those last 2 achievements!

Hey, wha' happened???

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 288
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 20/1/2011 6:37:06 AM   
Chojin

It's a sequel to 13 - but hey even if it was 10-2-2 i'd still be excited about it!

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to pedros)
Post #: 289
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 20/1/2011 6:20:42 PM   
Chojin

First Teaser now online:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/20/final-fantasy-xiii-2-trailer-now-in-english/#continued

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 290
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 14/9/2011 9:58:51 PM   
Chojin

http://www.finalfantasyunion.com/news/final-fantasy-x-hd-remake-announced-for-ps3-vita--1827.html

My fave. final fantasy is getting a HD release great news!

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 291
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 15/9/2011 4:32:14 PM   
Deviation

I'm training on Gran Pulse and doing all the missions before continuing to fighting the last boss. FUCK ME THE MISSIONS HAVE BECOME HARD.

Oh I absolutely loved the world of the game. Not perfect of course, the art direction and the open world exploration on Gran Pulse is a step backwards from the FF12 but I loved how Cocoon functioned, for example, like the relationship between the FalCie and the humans.

And oh dear what happened to the dialogue and voice acting. They nailed it on Final Fantasy 12, this is is just.....

Also on FFXII-2...

quote:

Monsters no longer roam the map like in Final Fantasy XII and Final Fantasy XIII, they instead randomly appear on the field when the player gets close. Just as the monsters appear on screen, a dial clock called "Mog Clock" appears in the middle of the bottom half of the screen and a red ring surrounds the player's character with a radius of about 3 meters. The introduction of this Mog Clock feature grants the player various bonuses (or penalties) depending on the time it takes them to enter a battle with the enemy.[11]

No, just no.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 292
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 19/9/2011 1:08:32 AM   
The REAL Bozz

I cleared this when it came out. It was decent, hardly an example of the best the series has to offer. Sure it looks amazing but XII stands heads and shoulders over this. Couldn't really care less about FFXIIIx2. Now Final Fantasy XIII Versues on the other hand I can't wait to get my paws on! God that games been in development a while now. Also the female Cloud, Lightning, it defies my logic how she's ended up becoming so popular! She's basically a carbon copy, Cloud with tits basically. Don't get me started on 'Hope'. Please. Who the hell came up with those bunch of clowns?

Oh and FF10 is the only one I aint done so I'll keep an eye out for that. Maybe one day they'll make a FF which rivals FF6. Yeah, 6, not 7. 8 was better than 7.

< Message edited by The REAL Bozz -- 19/9/2011 1:12:45 AM >

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 293
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 29/1/2012 8:34:55 AM   
Chojin

The review is up on Gametrailers and it received 8.8

I will be getting this at some point in 2012 but I won't be buying on day one despite how much I want it due to the price (will half in 6 months) and starting Seriously 3.0 on Gears 3 and needing to stay focused

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 294
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 29/1/2012 12:05:37 PM   
kata

Just watched the review, I enjoyed the first one for a bit but never finished it.  Not sure how far in I got.  Will probably rent this.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 295
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 29/1/2012 1:26:45 PM   
juanvasquez

Is it me or are Square-Enix aiming for the 12 year old crowd with their advertising? Any other game I'd avoid like the plague, but given its FF, I know what it is. First Leona Lewis, and then whatever crap it is they have playing on the add for XIII-2. What's wrong with the dramatic orchestral music from previous games?

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 296
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 30/1/2012 12:25:04 AM   
rich

The music is dead without Nobuo Uematsu. I miss Squaresoft.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 297
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 30/1/2012 3:35:53 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Just awful. Nothing about this game appeals at all. I'm replaying FF6 at the moment and it just highlights how much they fucked up with XIII. The characters are awful -Snow, Hope, Lightning - who comes up with this? Lol. Really unlikeable bunch. Only good point about XIII was the battle system. I'd rather they move on from this and release the brill looking XIII Versues. Sadly, going off the ending to XIII2 that won't be the case.

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 298
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 14/8/2012 7:30:50 PM   
Chojin

Anyone play FFXIII-2? I'm playing it through it last and i'm 25 hours in and on the final dungeon. It seems to be a lot easier than XIII to platinum/1k.

I think this game and FFXIII are the only two games to get me to stop playing and just take in the scenery around me. Some of the densely populated futuristic city levels are just gorgeous to look at - Square Enix are definitely at the top of their game.

I suspect I will go for the 1k once i've platinumed this so I can have the full set

< Message edited by Chojin -- 14/8/2012 7:31:42 PM >

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 299
RE: Final Fantasy XIII - 16/8/2012 7:33:33 AM   
pedros

Yeah I got FF XIII-2. Now I enjoyed FF XIII, but I've really struggled with this one. The storyline is awful, I just skip past the cutscenes now as I just don't care. The combat is so watered down from FF XIII, I very rarely have to stagger an enemy, I just keep a COM-COM-COM party as it can deal with most enemies, there doesn't seem to be any strategy involved anymore. I'm also on the final bit - I might try and polish it off today just to get it over with, I doubt I will go for the full 1k.

I have however recently got FF Theatrythm for the 3DS - it is brilliant! The music is awesome, it's made me want to replay all past games, and it's just a really fun game! Would highly recommend it.

I am now toying with whether to download FF VII on my laptop...

Hey, wha' happened???

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 9 [10] 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Final Fantasy XIII Page: <<   < prev  7 8 9 [10] 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI