Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Misfits E4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Misfits E4 Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Misfits E4 - 20/12/2010 12:20:04 PM   
Rebenectomy

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

I wouldn't be surprised if Curtis wants his rewind back cause he does wanna save Niki but it would make the episode pointless.

But yer man said that the rewind was no longer available as he's passed it to an old Jewish guy who wanted to go back and kill Hitler. So unless they track him down I'd say its off the table.

quote:

I don't think Simon will take his rewnd though he'll take some other travel one cause whenever Curtis went back there was never two Curtises. Hope they don't mess up everyone else I'm used to the random assortment of powers

Good point, though that's reliant on being 100% certain that Simon and Hoodie are one and the same. I'm about 98% there.

< Message edited by Rebenectomy -- 20/12/2010 12:27:39 PM >

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 181
RE: Misfits E4 - 20/12/2010 7:54:11 PM   
Invader_Ace

I would say that Simon is going to have a different power. That would explain why Hoodie never went invisible. Got to say, whatever the price, I would have kept immortality in the bag. Liked Marnie, although think it would have been better if her and Nathan had met off screen rather than rushed together.

Going back to the previous discussion. We don't know that Nathan has mutant healing factor, in fact we know he can't fight disease. All we know is he can heal back from death, which isn't the same thing. also there is nothing to suggest he would live forever, old age is old age. We probably won't even know.

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 182
RE: Misfits E4 - 20/12/2010 7:55:29 PM   
Invader_Ace

Although, he could survive in a coffin. How long was that? I assume it was air tight and he didn't eat. Hmmm.

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 183
RE: Misfits E4 - 20/12/2010 8:18:54 PM   
elab49

I don't think they are completely airtight just a really limited supply.

And wasn't the battery in his music player still running? So I thought not that long.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

Post #: 184
RE: Misfits E4 - 21/12/2010 11:00:35 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

I would say that Simon is going to have a different power. That would explain why Hoodie never went invisible. Got to say, whatever the price, I would have kept immortality in the bag. Liked Marnie, although think it would have been better if her and Nathan had met off screen rather than rushed together.

Going back to the previous discussion. We don't know that Nathan has mutant healing factor, in fact we know he can't fight disease. All we know is he can heal back from death, which isn't the same thing. also there is nothing to suggest he would live forever, old age is old age. We probably won't even know.

I myself thought it was implied that he did heal from that STD.

I'd agree we 100% know he fully heals after death. But I'm not sure that he has to die to heal.

Regarding old age ... we will never know. Obviously immortality has been used in various stories etc and it can be different. I was just trying to narrow down how Natan's worked. But as I mentioned their powers are never fully explained by the writers until it need's to be, so there's no use speculating too much ... I was just curious etc.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

Although, he could survive in a coffin. How long was that? I assume it was air tight and he didn't eat. Hmmm.

That's one of the thing's which made me question how is immortality worked.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

I don't think they are completely airtight just a really limited supply.

And wasn't the battery in his music player still running? So I thought not that long.

Bit of a continuity error but I seem to recall at the end of the first series the batt was set to LOW so probaly an hour left at most. But when the next series started a few day's went by I'm sure and he was still listening to music. In short I think he was there for quite a while ... long enough for someone to die at least once.

Another thought he must have taken a long time to heal from that first death! To be pronounced dead & buried. Where as he seem's to have recovered from later deaths quicker.

Finale SPOILERS!

ANYWHO ... the finale was OK ... the whole Jesus thing could have been done better I thought. To be honest the most interesting thing was the power swap. Which ... was a bit stupid but hell they are misfits after all. If you had nothing it would make sense to get rid of your power ... especially Aliesha's. Though with great power comes great blah blah and I was surprised Simon gave his up at all. Nathan getting ripped off was too funny.

The fact that they are getting them back ... is quite odd and the fact that the "power broker" has a huge array of powers is still a danger. He may not be able to use them but he doesn't care who he gives them too either.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 21/12/2010 11:05:48 AM >

Post #: 185
RE: Misfits E4 - 21/12/2010 11:34:20 AM   
elab49

That reminded me a little of

POssible SPoilers for The 4400

The 4400, with the ability to dole out powers, but theirs was random and the storyline wasn't thought out as well as it could have been.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 186
RE: Misfits E4 - 21/12/2010 12:30:55 PM   
discodave101

I'm amazingly pleased with how this show has grown and progressed this year, and above all displayed some real creative development for the future. Obviously, a lot of this has been down to the success of the show, and thus the budgets etc that they have to work with.

I bet even the writers have yet to decide what new powers they'll get. After all, now we have a 'Power Broker', so they can chop and change them if they don't work well with the stories etc. Wonder if they'll ever delve into the reasons for the powers from the storm? I like the small scale 'rough area' the show plays out in, so I hope their ambitions don't get too lofty.

As for the afterbirth - I can only hope when the show is nominated for some awards again they have the bottle to show that clip in the run downs!

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 187
RE: Misfits E4 - 21/12/2010 12:34:07 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: discodave101

As for the afterbirth - I can only hope when the show is nominated for some awards again they have the bottle to show that clip in the run downs!

That had me roaring!  Very very funny

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 188
RE: Misfits E4 - 21/12/2010 12:50:01 PM   
elab49

Overman has said absolutely that they will never go into what the storm was and how it worked - that way lies dodgy storylines that no-one would ever be satisfied with

quote:

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 189
RE: Misfits E4 - 21/12/2010 12:54:15 PM   
discodave101

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Overman has said absolutely that they will never go into what the storm was and how it worked - that way lies dodgy storylines that no-one would ever be satisfied with

Good. I'm happy with that.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 190
RE: Misfits E4 - 22/12/2010 9:38:37 AM   
Chief

I've been avoiding this thread until I'd watched the special. One of the best episodes yet I think.
Good way to finish the series, really looking forward to finding out what powers they get. I'm confident Curtis won't get the rewind back and fairly sure 'Barry' will get proper time travel.

Anyone else think the last probation worker was hilarious?

Post #: 191
RE: Misfits E4 - 22/12/2010 9:43:47 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Anyone else think the last probation worker was hilarious?

Yup   The perfect probation officer for them/Nathan. 

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 192
RE: Misfits E4 - 22/12/2010 5:09:01 PM   
musht

Has anyone else considered that Simon might not take a time-travel power but may take super strength or something, I can't help but feel they showed him being hopelessly crap at all the super hoodie moves for a reason, and he might find some other way to go back in time. Also I briefly considered the possibility that he might take immortality would a great twist to the whole burn his body thing but then I want Nathan to be immortal again cause the annoying prick being immortal was a great gag

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 193
RE: Misfits E4 - 23/12/2010 9:57:55 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

Has anyone else considered that Simon might not take a time-travel power but may take super strength or something, I can't help but feel they showed him being hopelessly crap at all the super hoodie moves for a reason, and he might find some other way to go back in time. Also I briefly considered the possibility that he might take immortality would a great twist to the whole burn his body thing but then I want Nathan to be immortal again cause the annoying prick being immortal was a great gag

I agree. I don't see why he need's it now. Sure future Simon needed it as Aleisha had probaly been killed by that point. But now she is alive there's no need for him to go back in time. The past has been changed now so Simon doesn't have to time travel any more.

I'd asssume Curtis would be the one to want time travel. But as mentioned in the show someone else got it. Probaly to avoid any more confusing time travel plots I'd assume who ever got it probaly died too which would end any chance of it comming back.

I've no idea what any of them will get ... possibly all new powers? Who knows ... It will be interesting to see them take on new abilites. Simon adapted the best with his power, Nathan well I guess it just kicks in & Kelly could control hers quite well but Curtis, Aliesha and ermmm Curtis's girlfriend couldn't control hers. So it will be interesting to see how they cope with it all again.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 194
RE: Misfits E4 - 23/12/2010 10:11:02 AM   
elab49

Curtis kind of could though - within the limited parameters of connection to the event which seemed to be the actual power, not a more general rewind one?

quote:

So it will be interesting to see how they cope with it all again.

Absolutely, although I'm kind of sad about the change. The whole point about the powers everyone was given was the link to who they were and what had happened to them and it's kind of a pity that that connection although the counter-argument obviously is that they themselves have changed for the most part - Simon coming out of his shell, Alesha losing a good deal of her selfishness, Curtis a little less obsessed with his screw-up. Kelly and Nathan not so much though. Which powers they choose will be crucial to whether or not S3 stays at the same high level.

quote:

Post #: 195
RE: Misfits E4 - 23/12/2010 10:26:45 AM   
Chief

I think they had to do a power shake-up, Kelly's & Alisha's were hardly used. They need something more interesting.

Post #: 196
RE: Misfits E4 - 23/12/2010 12:21:00 PM   
spark1

what if that old man does kill hitler with curtis's power?

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 197
RE: Misfits E4 - 23/12/2010 1:09:36 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

I agree. I don't see why he need's it now. Sure future Simon needed it as Aleisha had probaly been killed by that point. But now she is alive there's no need for him to go back in time. The past has been changed now so Simon doesn't have to time travel any more.

Well he still does need to go back in time to save Alisha, I just feel he'll find another way to go back cause if he had time-travel why wouldn't he just save her and then go back to the future to save himself. I think he'll take strength or something and find someone with time-travel to take him back. He does still need to go back though

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

Post #: 198
RE: Misfits E4 - 23/12/2010 1:26:21 PM   
Chief

But does he need to go back? He's already saved her so....

That's the puzzler.

Post #: 199
RE: Misfits E4 - 23/12/2010 1:32:36 PM   
Funkyrae

But without the time travel power he wouldn't have been able to go back to save her in the first place. Of course, it may well be that the time travel aspect is something he picks up from the Broker in the future enabling him to go back.

Then again, maybe we're just overthinking the whole thing.

That's me that is!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 200
RE: Misfits E4 - 23/12/2010 1:44:44 PM   
elab49

I just assumed the most likely thing is for him to be sent back by someone else with the relevant power. He did mention have to go to some trouble to get back though.

quote:

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 201
RE: Misfits E4 - 23/12/2010 1:46:19 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkyrae

But without the time travel power he wouldn't have been able to go back to save her in the first place. Of course, it may well be that the time travel aspect is something he picks up from the Broker in the future enabling him to go back.

I thought that thread in time has been changed.

Future Simon already went back in time to save Alisha. His mission was complete and he dies.

The present we see now should see Alisha safe. Other wise Future Simon's plan was for nothing. The present Simon shouldn't need to travel back in time. In our time line Alisha has not died and therefore Simon does not need to travel back in time.

That's how I understand it.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 202
RE: Misfits E4 - 23/12/2010 2:08:25 PM   
Chief

quote:

quote:

Future Simon already went back in time to save Alisha. His mission was complete and he dies.

The present we see now should see Alisha safe. Other wise Future Simon's plan was for nothing. The present Simon shouldn't need to travel back in time. In our time line Alisha has not died and therefore Simon does not need to travel back in time.

Me too.

Post #: 203
RE: Misfits E4 - 23/12/2010 2:41:04 PM   
batcountry84

I can see both sides of this 'Simon time travel' stuff but I agree with the "he's done it once and saved Alisha, so they can now lead a different life".

This is the thing with time travel storylines. There's two completely different theories as to how the hell it works.

And you know what he said?.... I need about treefiddy.
*Uncle Rotter - Fit Goth Chicks*
My interview with Dyanne Thorne @ Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 204
RE: Misfits E4 - 23/12/2010 2:42:41 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

quote:

Me too.

No he has to go back, future Simon saved her but she had already been saved, like he didn't live an alternate life without her we know that cause he told her. It's a loop that can't be altered Hoodie wasn't making sure certain things happened he had to ensure everything happened at the right time, in a way the thing he didn't want to do was change time.

The best example I can think of for explaining the time loop was the last episode of Doctor Who with Matt Smith, the one with the Pandorica

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 205
RE: Misfits E4 - 23/12/2010 3:10:28 PM   
Chief

So if he doesn't go back this time around (in the timeline we are watching) she'll just drop dead? Or cease to exist?

Post #: 206
RE: Misfits E4 - 23/12/2010 3:32:00 PM   
themightyhutch

I agree with musht here I'm under the impression that he has to become superhoody and he has so go back to fulfil the time loop so that things happen the way they are now. Think of it like Back to the Future, when Lorraine falls for Marty the siblings disappear from the picture. This means that the time loop doesn't happen because she doesn't marry George and instead everyone just fades away. Put this in Misfits terms, Simon doesn't go back = no Alisha in the future.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 207
RE: Misfits E4 - 23/12/2010 3:49:34 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: themightyhutch

I agree with musht here I'm under the impression that he has to become superhoody and he has so go back to fulfil the time loop so that things happen the way they are now. Think of it like Back to the Future, when Lorraine falls for Marty the siblings disappear from the picture. This means that the time loop doesn't happen because she doesn't marry George and instead everyone just fades away. Put this in Misfits terms, Simon doesn't go back = no Alisha in the future.

But the 'future' is actually the present. Hoody has saved her, therefore, she exists.

(in reply to themightyhutch)
Post #: 208
RE: Misfits E4 - 23/12/2010 3:55:24 PM   
themightyhutch

But how did Hoody get there in the first place.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 209
RE: Misfits E4 - 23/12/2010 4:01:24 PM   
Chief

He time travelled.

How did he have photos of them in Vegas if he got shot and killed?

Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Misfits E4 Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI