Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Misfits E4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Misfits E4 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Misfits E4 - 3/12/2010 2:35:13 PM   
musht

Why didn't they just call the Police when Kelly was kidnapped? Usually it holds together so well but this episode disappointed me, I don't think he changed one bit of time cause he had a picture of them in Vegas which means she hadn't been killed in his original timeline

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 121
RE: Misfits E4 - 3/12/2010 2:41:59 PM   
Invader_Ace

Musht.
You're right, but that's kind of the point. 
She would have been killed, if he hadn't been there.  So, he has to come back and save her, because that is what happened.

Essentially what we are seeing is the original timeline.  In essence all Hoodie's actions were pre-determined as soon as he travelled back in time, because they had already happened.  Hope this makes sense.

They could have called the police though I guess!

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 122
RE: Misfits E4 - 3/12/2010 3:05:45 PM   
musht

Actually I've thought it over and it all fits, it's a continuous loop, there are no alternate timelines. it's such a class show apologies if by any chance I caused any confusion

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 123
RE: Misfits E4 - 5/12/2010 3:54:25 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: discodave101

Didn't really make sense to me. They need to explain it a lot more, otherwise is just paradox after paradox. The moment Hoodie altered the first event, the rest shouldn't have happened the same as he'd already changed time. Also - why let himself die like that if he knew she was just going to get shot? I can only assume he's been travelling back and forth through time a hell of a lot, and has planned all the outcomes to the events from this.

Regarding the episode, loved the Grand Theft Auto Baddie.

That's what I always thought. Otherwise he wouldn't be able to plan and manipulate the outcome of the various events. Surprised it wrapped up so quickly. It will be interesting to see where it all goes from here.

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 124
RE: Misfits E4 - 5/12/2010 4:32:13 PM   
Rebenectomy

There's no real guarantee that Hoodie Simon actually carcked it. Did we see any/much blood when he was shot? If he knew it was going to happen he could easily have been wearing protection. So Alisha sets fire to him (convenient petrol can near by) and walks away. If he's managed to come back in time, who knows what other powers he may have picked up along the way.

< Message edited by Rebenectomy -- 5/12/2010 4:40:47 PM >

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 125
RE: Misfits E4 - 5/12/2010 4:46:56 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

There's no real guarantee that Hoodie Simon actually carcked it. Did we see any/much blood when he was shot? If he knew it was going to happen he could easily have been wearing protection. So Alisha sets fire to him (convenient petrol can near by) and walks away. If he's managed to come back in time, who knows what other powers he may have picked up along the way.

I actually thought he was prepared to take the hit. So I was surprised when the body needed to be burned.

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 126
RE: Misfits E4 - 7/12/2010 12:56:37 PM   
spark1

xmas special-19th dec, 10pm e4.

Post #: 127
RE: Misfits E4 - 7/12/2010 8:43:33 PM   
Funkyrae

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

I actually thought he was prepared to take the hit. So I was surprised when the body needed to be burned.

The body would need to have been got rid of somehow though. If this time Simon had come across the dead body of his future self he'd probably have hit overload.

My fiancé thinks that it may not actually have been Simon anyway. So far we've only come across one person at a time with a power, as in one that can become invisible, one that can force tattoos onto a person that makes them fall in love with the person named, one that can turn back time, one that can teleport etc. etc. We know that others were affected in the storm, that much has been made obvious throughout the series, but perhaps there's more than one of each. So more than one shapeshifter.

Either that or we're all thinking too hard about it all.

One thing that has made me wonder is how Simon managed to make the cash box invisible too. Is it everything connected to him or touching him at the time that becomes invisible?

That's me that is!

Post #: 128
RE: Misfits E4 - 7/12/2010 9:29:21 PM   
sanchia

There is some really good music in this series I have noticed.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 129
RE: Misfits E4 - 7/12/2010 9:45:26 PM   
Felix

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkyrae

One thing that has made me wonder is how Simon managed to make the cash box invisible too. Is it everything connected to him or touching him at the time that becomes invisible?

I guess so, his clothes vanish when he goes invisible.

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 130
RE: Misfits E4 - 7/12/2010 10:08:24 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Felix

quote:

I guess so, his clothes vanish when he goes invisible.

I think's it's everything he touches, he might have some control over it as well, but if you remember in the first series he stole the female probation officer's car keys while she was in the room.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 131
RE: Misfits E4 - 7/12/2010 10:30:24 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

quote:

quote:

The body would need to have been got rid of somehow though. If this time Simon had come across the dead body of his future self he'd probably have hit overload.

Sorry didn't make myself clear. I was previously implying that I thought he was wearing a bullet proof vest or something. So he could have taken the bullet without dying.

I have to say I thought the freak of the week was ... pretty rubbish. Sure the threat was there ... he had a gun. But the whole video game psycho didn't sit well with me. For a start what kind of 'power' is that? To be mental and think your in a video game, not high up on the list of powers I'd want to be honest. Or did he just go mad because all video games are evil and make people do that?

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 132
RE: Misfits E4 - 7/12/2010 10:54:20 PM   
Rebenectomy

I'm just not entirely convinced that the body was disposed of. It was Simon's suggestion to burn him, the can just happened to be there and Alisha didn't stay to see him burn. He could easily have anticipated/planned it, especially if Alisha lets slip to present Simon what his fate is. Perhaps fireproofing is an additional power and he ups and legs it after she's left?

Post #: 133
RE: Misfits E4 - 8/12/2010 12:38:18 AM   
musht

[quote

I have to say I thought the freak of the week was ... pretty rubbish. Sure the threat was there ... he had a gun. But the whole video game psycho didn't sit well with me. For a start what kind of 'power' is that? To be mental and think your in a video game, not high up on the list of powers I'd want to be honest. Or did he just go mad because all video games are evil and make people do that?

[/quote]

I liked it, it showed that the storm had different effects on people rather than always giving them powers and if you look at everyone's power is related to their personalities, Simon is shy, Curtis has regrets, etc

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

Post #: 134
RE: Misfits E4 - 8/12/2010 12:42:54 AM   
musht

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sorry didn't make myself clear. I was previously implying that I thought he was wearing a bullet proof vest or something. So he could have taken the bullet without dying.

Hoodie had to die because if he didn't Alisha would have just stuck with him and not bothered with present Simon and so Simon wouldn't have become Hoodie, it would have upset the continuous time loop.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

Post #: 135
RE: Misfits E4 - 10/12/2010 12:01:38 PM   
Invader_Ace

So.  Following the POV Shot of Simon and Aliesha walking in together, is Hoodie back on the scene?
Also, earlier someone said, why didn't Hoodie go invisible in Aliesha's bedroom.  Good point.  Maybe it isnt Simon.  Hmmm.

I liked this episode, even if Super-Curtis was a fancy dress fake out.  My housemate reckoned that Bruno was going to turn out to be a dog transmogrified.  The gorilla bit came as a bit of a shock!

Nathan was hilarious in this episode.  "Why is a Gorilla in a Gorilla suit?!".
Looks like things are going to ramp up next week.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 136
RE: Misfits E4 - 10/12/2010 2:23:20 PM   
musht

Great episode, Totally agree with you Ace, Nathan was hilarious "I'm universally popular and well-liked", was great to see him and Alisha get some time together cause they rarely interact one on one.

I also enjoyed the Bruno storyline, as it showed that it wasn't just human's affected by the storm. Next week looks like a cracker and by the sound of Nathan's tweets its the last week of their community service so should be interesting to see how it all ends . . . of course there's the Christmas special as well which I can't wait for.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 137
RE: Misfits E4 - 10/12/2010 2:47:35 PM   
Invader_Ace

with the Next Time on... glimpse of Nathan putting a Gun to his head.  It was pretty clear he was on TV or something.  That doesn't seem like much of a peril point, but I wonder if the twist is that if he kills himself his power won't work.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 138
RE: Misfits E4 - 10/12/2010 4:55:46 PM   
musht

Nah, I'm pretty sure he'll be alright like he is the best character, it would be stupid to get rid of him. It seems that he's all for exploiting his powers for money so I hope he doesn't go down the evil route and become a baddie or summit cause that would be truly shit.

A third season has yet to be officially announced but Im presuming there will be one, there's no way they rush Simon and Alisha's relationship into 2 episodes (including Christmas special)

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

Post #: 139
RE: Misfits E4 - 10/12/2010 5:50:33 PM   
Howlin_Wolf

I'm pretty sure that the third series has been written; they're just waiting for them all to sign up again...  Can't imagine them saying no when so many things are left open...

The heads. You're looking at the heads. Sometimes he goes too far. He's the first one to admit it.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 140
RE: Misfits E4 - 10/12/2010 6:09:51 PM   
Invader_Ace

I am sure Nathan will be alright. I am just wondering if that is how it is going to play. After all they said they were walking into a trap.

(in reply to Howlin_Wolf)
Post #: 141
RE: Misfits E4 - 10/12/2010 6:15:06 PM   
musht

I'm thinking maybe those pills that reverse powers may make a comeback and perhaps Curtis will have to rewind time again

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

Post #: 142
RE: Misfits E4 - 10/12/2010 10:46:27 PM   
batcountry84

I think the group might be split in two. I think Alesha and Simon might be against telling the world about their powers whilst Nathan and Kelly, possibly Curtis, seek fortune and fame. Obviously, once the public find out about the powers, things will turn bad for them.

And you know what he said?.... I need about treefiddy.
*Uncle Rotter - Fit Goth Chicks*
My interview with Dyanne Thorne @ Horror Cult Films

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 143
RE: Misfits E4 - 11/12/2010 11:31:30 PM   
Funkyrae

quote:

Gotta be honest, I thought that was a bit of a fun spin on the whole meeja hoohar about violent video games making people go out and do naughty violent things. I kinda thought it was a bit of a piss take to that section of society that would like to have us all sitting in knitting circles talking about how pleasant the digestives were with the cup of tea.

That's me that is!

(in reply to batcountry84)
Post #: 144
RE: Misfits E4 - 12/12/2010 12:30:03 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

quote:

Gotta be honest, I thought that was a bit of a fun spin on the whole meeja hoohar about violent video games making people go out and do naughty violent things. I kinda thought it was a bit of a piss take to that section of society that would like to have us all sitting in knitting circles talking about how pleasant the digestives were with the cup of tea.

I'd hope so ... but that's not how I felt at the time.

Another weak villian of the week this week. Though don't get me wrong I enjoyed the episode as usual. Just seemed to be a repeat of the first probation worker who just seemed to go into a rage. Why did his face ripple before and after killing? Did I miss something?

Considering everyone was fucking like animals ... the reveal at the end was no surprise. I couldn't help but laugh as I realised he was going to climb up the building ... it was strange and as much as I tried I couldn't take it seriously by the end.

Oh and again just watching the intro for the episode where it shows hoodie getting shot ... he has hocky gear on etc I thought he was ready for anything ... turns out he wasn't. Still not sure if it was Simon though. But just like ... ermmm the time travelling dudes glimpse into the future the other day thing's could happen sooner than we think.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 145
RE: Misfits E4 - 14/12/2010 7:39:48 PM   
Funkyrae

So, last episode on 19th. Anyone heard anything yet about another season and when?

That's me that is!

Post #: 146
RE: Misfits E4 - 14/12/2010 9:34:49 PM   
Hobbitonlass

I can't believe I missed this and have taken so long to get into it but have just watched the first series and got up to date in the last week (the plus side of having a chest infection and throat infection and being off work) and I friggin' love it!!  What a fantastic show and really clever as well.  Loving the powers that some of the people are getting, makes a change from the bog standard flying/strength ones :D

My favourite character is Kelly.  She rocks, big time   Nathan is a prick but he does make me laugh out loud.

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 147
RE: Misfits E4 - 14/12/2010 10:45:35 PM   
Funkyrae

Kelly's fab and it's nice to see her getting a bit more development. I felt she was sort of left in the cold a bit while the others were being developed more. I can't see her ever having much luck though.

That's me that is!

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 148
RE: Misfits E4 - 14/12/2010 11:45:18 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

My favourite character is Kelly.  She rocks, big time   Nathan is a prick but he does make me laugh out loud.

Probaly my two favourite characters. Nathan is a prick ... but a loveable scamp all the same.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 149
RE: Misfits E4 - 16/12/2010 8:56:56 AM   
Rebenectomy

I hoping that Kelly's anger issues are well played out. After all, she has been responsible for the deaths of two probation workers, both by her own hands, even if they were 'group' events. Yet she is probably the kindest and most moral of the lot, even if she hasn't shown that much remorse for the one killing she's aware of.

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Misfits E4 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI