Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Misfits E4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Misfits E4 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Misfits E4 - 6/11/2010 12:38:42 PM   
spark1

cast interview at-

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2010/11/05/misfits-video-interview-exclusive/

s3 news at-

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2010/11/05/misfits-series-3-%e2%80%93-it%e2%80%99s-not-quite-official/

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 91
RE: Misfits E4 - 10/11/2010 6:31:50 PM   
Goodfella

Really looking forward to the start of the second series tomorrow.

Personally I think Misfits is the more adult, the more darker and frankly far better than E4's other recent revelation, The Inbetweeners.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 92
RE: Misfits E4 - 10/11/2010 6:36:16 PM   
elab49

I think they misuse Skins and Inbetweeners as some sort of nonsense shorthand to try and sell the show and it's a bad mistake as it would put off people like me who can't stand either and see them as kids shows. Which Misfits isn't.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 93
RE: Misfits E4 - 12/11/2010 8:33:35 AM   
Chief

Cracking episode last night. That shape shifter looked quite freaky.

So, who's the person in the mask?

Also, I thought it was very reminiscent of The Thing during the stand-off when Nathan was stuck on the pipe.

< Message edited by Chief -- 12/11/2010 8:56:46 AM >

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 94
RE: Misfits E4 - 12/11/2010 10:29:34 PM   
Invader_Ace

Woohoo!
That was great.  Normally "glossing over" really annoys me, but I couldn't help but like it when Nathan said "Right, better go tell my Mum I'm immortal!"
Really enjoyed it, as usual, but I think I prefered the old hoody style mysterious hero over the new look body armour one.
Hope that Curtis is in a cape for a good reason next week and not just some sort of Halloween costume fake out.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 95
RE: Misfits E4 - 15/11/2010 12:51:57 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Cracking episode last night. That shape shifter looked quite freaky.

So, who's the person in the mask?

Also, I thought it was very reminiscent of The Thing during the stand-off when Nathan was stuck on the pipe.

Fuck knows. At first I thought the other kid from the group would come back and be immortal ... that was my first grand revalation .... until a mate pointed out that he didn't actually get caught in the storm as he was in the bog.

The masked guy seems to be pretty darn powerful or something. The free running seemed to be sped up to suggest it was a bit in-human and darn he threw that paper airplane with some precision. Plus he seems to be all knowing for now. I hope they don't make thing's too super hero like ... but yeah I'm intrigued so far.

Twas great fun and a ways to start the series for sure.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 96
RE: Misfits E4 - 16/11/2010 12:16:12 PM   
wombathog

I don't know why but it still makes me laugh every time Nathan calls Simon 'Barry'.

And re. the Masked person I'm guessing that it's someone we already know, either from the main group (in some weird convoluted time-travelly way yet to be explained) or from a previous episode.  That's usually the reason these people are masked though innit, cuz we know 'em?

'Would you mind dear sir if I asked you a question, If music be the food of love are you the indigestion?'

Post #: 97
RE: Misfits E4 - 16/11/2010 4:08:07 PM   
Rebenectomy

quote:

And re. the Masked person I'm guessing that it's someone we already know, either from the main group (in some weird convoluted time-travelly way yet to be explained) or from a previous episode. That's usually the reason these people are masked though innit, cuz we know 'em?

I'm placing a100 million jelly babies on it being Dexter Fletcher.

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to wombathog)
Post #: 98
RE: Misfits E4 - 17/11/2010 2:28:48 PM   
Funkyrae

I thought they had a fairly feminine figure to be honest. Might be way out on that one though.

That's me that is!

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 99
RE: Misfits E4 - 19/11/2010 12:19:41 PM   
Invader_Ace

That was a good episode.  I'm a big fan of anything they can do to humanise Nathan because he is still a collossal prick.  This was a good episode for that.

The bit when all the powers reversed was good too.  Although, I was expecting Nathan to drop down dead, still not sure why that didn't happen.
Curtis' glimpse of the future was class, loved the hero style music.  Kelly blurting out everything in her head was great too "I get worried that you'll hurt me, because you're a useless twat.  Just like your Dad".  Excellent.

Is this series only 6 episodes?  If so, I'm thinking they can't drag out the Super-Hoodie secret for that much longer.  I hope.  Still not got a good enough theory as to who he is.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 100
RE: Misfits E4 - 19/11/2010 12:34:51 PM   
Felix

quote:

ORIGINAL: wombathog

I don't know why but it still makes me laugh every time Nathan calls Simon 'Barry'.

And re. the Masked person I'm guessing that it's someone we already know, either from the main group (in some weird convoluted time-travelly way yet to be explained) or from a previous episode.  That's usually the reason these people are masked though innit, cuz we know 'em?

My money is on it being Curtis, coming back from a future he's trying to change by helping them in the present day.

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to wombathog)
Post #: 101
RE: Misfits E4 - 19/11/2010 1:55:43 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkyrae

I thought they had a fairly feminine figure to be honest. Might be way out on that one though.

I'm pretty sure it's a female, too.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 102
RE: Misfits E4 - 19/11/2010 2:58:16 PM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: Felix
My money is on it being Curtis, coming back from a future he's trying to change by helping them in the present day.

The flaw here being that Curtis is Black and Super-Hoodie is white.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench
quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkyrae

I'm pretty sure it's a female, too.

And here that we've heard them talk with a male voice.  Also, I'm pretty sure we saw them topless in the first episode.
quote:

during the opening scene of Series 2 Episode 1 shots of his abdomen and chest confirm he is male and also reveal that he is a very pallid white.
wikipedia

< Message edited by Invader_Ace -- 19/11/2010 3:03:46 PM >

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 103
RE: Misfits E4 - 19/11/2010 3:14:09 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

And here that we've heard them talk with a male voice.  Also, I'm pretty sure we saw them topless in the first episode.
quote:

during the opening scene of Series 2 Episode 1 shots of his abdomen and chest confirm he is male and also reveal that he is a very pallid white.
wikipedia

Ah, I missed the first episode of series 2. The voice could be faked though, so that really doesn't matter.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 104
RE: Misfits E4 - 19/11/2010 8:48:11 PM   
Wedge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

quote:

wikipedia

Ah, I missed the first episode of series 2. The voice could be faked though, so that really doesn't matter.

I recon it's future Nathan. Brought back from the future by Curtis. Unless, he assimilates all the powers of the others too at some point. Furthermore, from the trailer for next week, we discover that Superhoodie isn't affected by Alisha's power. So far, Alisha hasn't tried her power on Nathan. Perhaps her power doesn't work on him because of his power (although other people's powers have worked on him).

I'm thinking this new girl may be the prostitute mentioned by Nathan in the last episode. Not sure why I'm jumping to that conclusion but I'm sure she'll have a power too.

Curtis in a superhero costume can't be as simply as it seems. Is he in fancy dress perhaps? Btw, anyone else notice the scar on the chest of the new girl during the scene in the future?

"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!"
"Dance for me Colin! Daaance for me!!"
"Everybody's dead Dave"

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs314.snc4/41022_10150255199830294_790880293_14349909_1904630_n.jpg

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 105
RE: Misfits E4 - 20/11/2010 8:38:52 AM   
Rebenectomy

Yeah, it occurred to me recently that Alisha hasn't used her power on Nathan yet, so who knows. That theory would also go some way to explaining how he knew that Nathan was alive.

Has Curtis ever being touching anyone when he's time travelled? Perhaps he can take people with him if he wants to?

(in reply to Wedge)
Post #: 106
RE: Misfits E4 - 26/11/2010 9:04:49 AM   
Chief

** Possible Spoilers **

Didn't see that one coming! It has raised a lot more questions than it answered tough.
I'm doubting Simon's integrity a little bit with pulling Alisha. Does she actually fall in love with him naturally or only because he's came back, buff & cocky, from the future and seduced her?

Nathan, funny as ever. Constantly pestering (and sniffing) Simon & his teenage, awkward fumbling with Kelly.
I thought the whole peanut scene was a bit silly and out of place.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 107
RE: Misfits E4 - 26/11/2010 6:12:10 PM   
Invader_Ace

Fuck me, that's some good television!

I love it.  I think this might be my favourite show ever.
On the one hand, it's cool to see Simon with all his Inter-dimensional bad-assery, on the other hand, I can't help but think his treatment of Alishia, is out and out evil.  Seriously, there can't be anything more evil than manipulating time to make someone fall in love with you.

The Asbo 5.  That is what they would end up being called. 

I didn't mind the Peanut allergy bit.  I can see why you might think it a bit daft, but it does kind of stick with the "rules" of the everyday powers thing.

The production of the show just seems to get better and better.  Loving the new score.  Also, seems pretty groundbreaking having a woman receiving oral sex on regular TV.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 108
RE: Misfits E4 - 27/11/2010 1:08:48 AM   
the anomaly

Series 2 Episode 3 SPOILERS!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief]
** Possible Spoilers **

Didn't see that one coming! It has raised a lot more questions than it answered tough.
I'm doubting Simon's integrity a little bit with pulling Alisha. Does she actually fall in love with him naturally or only because he's came back, buff & cocky, from the future and seduced her?

Indeed. Simon's always been a dark horse. Out of the whole group he was tipped over the edge and out right killed to protect them. That's actually one thing that annoys me. The fact that the rest of the group seem to accept the second probation worker was an accident. Though I guess after the trumatic shape shifter incident ... and pretty much everything else they have a bond blah blah blah. I have serious doubt's about Simon. Seems twisted to me.

Oh and when Simon randomly broke into her room ... why didn't he just disapear? You know his original power? Seemed a bit odd to me that he'd just try to hide under the bed. One more thing ... how far in the future has he come from. Let's be honest he look's about the same .... fair enough not much you can do there. But he's gained so many skills/powers?  and it's not clear how far he has come from.

quote:

Nathan, funny as ever. Constantly pestering (and sniffing) Simon & his teenage, awkward fumbling with Kelly.

LOL ... Nathan is such a loveable PRICK! I was cracking up and cringing at the start of the last episode when he was lathering himself up in sun tan lotion.

quote:

I thought the whole peanut scene was a bit silly and out of place.

Hmmm it was all a bit ... tongue in cheek/bad/funny/awkward. The worst bit was when Simon managed to throw the peanut in the guys mouth ... WTF ... unless that's his new found super fast reflexes and new powers kicking in.

quote:

Also, seems pretty groundbreaking having a woman receiving oral sex on regular TV.

Noted. Though I thought it was a good scene. Huge contrast between that and Nathan & Kelly.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 27/11/2010 1:11:11 AM >

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 109
RE: Misfits E4 - 27/11/2010 2:02:22 AM   
discodave101

Cracking episode. Season 2 is surpassing season 1 for me. With this new 'future' stuff it suddenly feels a bit 'Heroes on asbos' (hopefully this won't get shit like Heroes did). Simon is a superb character. He could just be genuine and trying to save them all, but there's surely a lot of ulterior motive here. I reckon he either killed or gets her killed in the future, and that's what he's trying to prevent - as well as their big reveal to the world. The whole 'we're in love' part DOES feel like a manipulation.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

Post #: 110
RE: Misfits E4 - 29/11/2010 3:13:40 PM   
musht

*SPOILER*

Just caught up on this last night . . . UNREEEEEAL!!! What a series! I'm a bit suspicious of Simon manipulating Alisha but at the same time following the viral twiiter campaign he seems pretty genuine, superhoodie's last 2 tweets; "I know I'm going to lose Alisha. How can I be so jealous of myself?" and then "But she needs to fall in love with him for me to become who I am.", the big question I think is is he actually changing the future or setting it, is the story we're seeing the same story he lived before he came back in time and "changed" things.
Also when Alisha questioned him about her powers not affecting him did he not say something about not if he doesn't want them do or something, it struck me as odd I wish I could remember the exact words, but it makes me think maybe they can manipulate their own powers.
Great series, can't wait for next week, I'm presuming they're not going to try answer all our questions in the next 3 episodes, any word on a third series?

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 111
RE: Misfits E4 - 30/11/2010 9:35:10 AM   
Invader_Ace

hmmm.
I haven't followed any of the viral stuff this time round.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 112
RE: Misfits E4 - 30/11/2010 10:22:00 AM   
wombathog

Why did Alesha not wake up in the lair and say "How the fuck did I get to a set from The Dark Knight?"

Good to see that a lot of the 'Next Time' bits were parts of the flashes Curtis had when he flashforwarded.

'Would you mind dear sir if I asked you a question, If music be the food of love are you the indigestion?'

Post #: 113
RE: Misfits E4 - 30/11/2010 10:34:18 PM   
musht

Thinking about it even further I don't think Superhoodie is changing anything, otherwise how would he know certain things have to happen for example how did he know she'd fall down the stairs unless she tells present Smon about it later, I think he just wants to save Alisha from her future death

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to wombathog)
Post #: 114
RE: Misfits E4 - 1/12/2010 3:16:37 PM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht
how did he know she'd fall down the stairs unless she tells present Simon about it later, I think he just wants to save Alisha from her future death

I didn't think it was he knew she was going to fall down the stairs.  More that he's just been stalking her, so was there when she did.

He's a wrong 'un.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 115
RE: Misfits E4 - 1/12/2010 3:42:21 PM   
musht

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht
how did he know she'd fall down the stairs unless she tells present Simon about it later, I think he just wants to save Alisha from her future death

I didn't think it was he knew she was going to fall down the stairs.  More that he's just been stalking her, so was there when she did.

He's a wrong 'un.

that's true but i still think he's not changing things otherwise how would he know certain things have to happen. also if you''re right it means he did change things by introducing himself to her which means he's not manipulating her and she would've fallen for him anyway . . .? it's all so confusing

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

Post #: 116
RE: Misfits E4 - 3/12/2010 11:46:54 AM   
Invader_Ace

Hmmm.  That wrapped up a lot faster and a lot differently than I expected.
As always, I enjoyed it.  Especially liked the way the episode wrong-footed me a few times, but I'm not sure I liked the "end" of the Super-Hoodie saga.
Kelly is awesome.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 117
RE: Misfits E4 - 3/12/2010 1:39:14 PM   
musht

That wrapped up way faster than I expected. Superhoodie clearly didn't change time AT ALL!! in the future Simon's still gonna have to go back in time and become Superhoodie . . . I'm actually kinda disappointed

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

Post #: 118
RE: Misfits E4 - 3/12/2010 1:48:18 PM   
discodave101

Didn't really make sense to me. They need to explain it a lot more, otherwise is just paradox after paradox. The moment Hoodie altered the first event, the rest shouldn't have happened the same as he'd already changed time. Also - why let himself die like that if he knew she was just going to get shot? I can only assume he's been travelling back and forth through time a hell of a lot, and has planned all the outcomes to the events from this.

Regarding the episode, loved the Grand Theft Auto Baddie.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 119
RE: Misfits E4 - 3/12/2010 2:34:31 PM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: discodave101
Didn't really make sense to me. They need to explain it a lot more, otherwise is just paradox after paradox. The moment Hoodie altered the first event, the rest shouldn't have happened the same as he'd already changed time.

By first event, I guess you mean Saving Nathan? 
So, he goes back and does this.  He knows he has to do this, because Simon knows when and where it happened.  This follows on for every event.  He knows where to be because Simon knows. (regardless of what the events could have been)
The only events this doesn't hold up for yet are the times when he approached Aliesha alone.  At this point we can only assume that she will fill Simon in on when and where later.

quote:

Also - why let himself die like that if he knew she was just going to get shot?

I guess because he came back to make sure she lived.  Which again must be something Aliesha fills Simon in on later.  Once this is done, it's mission accomplished and he has to remove himself, so that Simon and Aliesha can get together without him being there or coming into contact with Simon and destroying the universe!

The main problem I have with it and why I'm a little disappointed, is that it apparently, wraps up the show's biggest hooks pretty quickly.  On the one hand it's good it doesn't bog them down in loads of timey-wimey stuff they have to dance around later, but I thought there was more to come from Hoodie.

Still, I guess we still get to see how Simon aquires other powers and manages to get himself and a load of stuff back through time.  I am kind of in two minds at the moment, I still love it, but feel a bit deflated.

Also, as someone said earlier, how far in the future can he have been from?  3 Years tops!

quote:

ORIGINAL: discodave101
Regarding the episode, loved the Grand Theft Auto Baddie.

I liked the way he actually looked like Nico Bellic dresses early on in GTA4. 

< Message edited by Invader_Ace -- 3/12/2010 2:36:43 PM >

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Misfits E4 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI