Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Misfits E4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Misfits E4 Page: <<   < prev  14 15 16 [17] 18   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Misfits E4 - 31/10/2012 1:21:08 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Can't see it going on much longer now they've only got 1 of the original line-up left & probably the least interesting 1 at that.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 481
RE: Misfits E4 - 31/10/2012 4:44:21 PM   
Titanm21

Loved it... but a certain original member needs to go or at least get better lines

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 482
RE: Misfits E4 - 31/10/2012 9:33:20 PM   
musht

The only reason Curtis is still around is because he's not good enough to go onto bigger and better things. Rudy and Seth are the best characters, I presumed Seth was going to stick around for the whole season but now I'm not so sure.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 483
RE: Misfits E4 - 4/11/2012 11:32:11 PM   
musht

Really enjoyed that episode. This season is already shaping to be a lot better than last season which like it was reaching for a story arc. This season seems to have embraced an episodic nature which I think could work. Next week looks really good.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 484
RE: Misfits E4 - 8/11/2012 1:10:40 PM   
Chief

I'm only watching this now because Rudy is funny as fuck.

Post #: 485
RE: Misfits E4 - 8/11/2012 2:08:23 PM   
sharkboy

I'm a lot more confident about S4 after the last episode.  The season opener was pretty weak, and the new characters didn't really do much to endear themselves (and sorry, but the power to knock flowerpots over?  Please...).  But now I can see Jess having a good mix of Kelly's no-bull attitude and Alisha's smarts, and Finn (despite having even worse powers than Curtis), does provide some good comic relief when Rudy's approach is just too in-your-face.  And how many more weeks does that new social worker have to live?  Me, I'll give him 2.

Speaking of Curtis, is there a more useless, pointless character anywhere on TV?  Rudy seems to have taken over the love interest role, and Curtis hasn't even a decent power to speak of (can he still change sex?  I can't remember.  Regardless, he doesn't use it).  He's no longer even the cautionary tale of "promising athlete gone bad thanks to drugs".  The only role he serves now is to pour pints.  Please, time for someone new.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 486
RE: Misfits E4 - 8/11/2012 2:30:40 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

Speaking of Curtis, is there a more useless, pointless character anywhere on TV?  Rudy seems to have taken over the love interest role, and Curtis hasn't even a decent power to speak of (can he still change sex?  I can't remember.  Regardless, he doesn't use it).  He's no longer even the cautionary tale of "promising athlete gone bad thanks to drugs".  The only role he serves now is to pour pints.  Please, time for someone new.

That's a good point, has Curtis even got a power anymore?

I think Finn's power may manifest into something stronger.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 487
RE: Misfits E4 - 8/11/2012 4:49:56 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

That's a good point, has Curtis even got a power anymore?

I think Finn's power may manifest into something stronger.

Curtis has no power!! He had the rewind which he gave away, then he had the sex exchange which he got rid of cause he got himself preggerz, and then he had the bringing people back to life which didn't work out great either. He's useless and I don't even like him, he needs to finish his community service and fuck off back to the running.

Is Seth gone now, I'm disappointed about that.

I like the new people, they defo have promise but Finn's accent grates on my ears, it's horrible.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 488
RE: Misfits E4 - 12/11/2012 7:51:10 PM   
Marky_Mark

Absolutely loved Sunday's episode....the final scenes with Rudy (all three of him) and Jess were magnificent.

Looks like Curtis finally has something to do...

Ramblings of a musician, telly addict, and tech-head...

www.twitter.com/MarkSaysThis

XBOX Live Gamertag: Roost N Roll

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 489
RE: Misfits E4 - 12/11/2012 9:05:24 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marky_Mark

Absolutely loved Sunday's episode....the final scenes with Rudy (all three of him) and Jess were magnificent.

To be honest, I thought the ending was a bit hurried. I'll have to watch it again but I think more could have been done with the Rudy-trio thing. Possibly could've been stretched over 2 episodes.

Still don't like Curtis but judging by the 'Next Time' ********SPOILERS****** he still has the power to make zombies.

< Message edited by musht -- 12/11/2012 9:06:11 PM >

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Marky_Mark)
Post #: 490
RE: Misfits E4 - 20/11/2012 1:07:15 AM   
musht

About time too!!

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 491
RE: Misfits E4 - 29/11/2012 8:13:41 PM   
anakin solo

Season four is getting better than it was when it first came on, and even though that i like Finn and Jess. They are not the same as the original cast Simon/Alisha and especially Nathan, i agree that Curtis never really did much but in the episode where he became a zombie was one of the funniest i've ever seen with him in. Has anyone heard of the rumours of a misfits movie.

my ally is the force and what a powerful ally it is.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 492
RE: Misfits E4 - 29/11/2012 8:40:37 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: anakin solo

Season four is getting better than it was when it first came on, and even though that i like Finn and Jess. They are not the same as the original cast Simon/Alisha and especially Nathan, i agree that Curtis never really did much but in the episode where he became a zombie was one of the funniest i've ever seen with him in. Has anyone heard of the rumours of a misfits movie.

Rudy is brilliant this season, he's really come into his own. Finn and Jess are growing on me too, and I'm really curious where Alex "from the bar" is going to fit into it all. Haven't heard anything about a movie, don't know how I'd feel about that; as long as they don't try and make a super hero film it could work.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to anakin solo)
Post #: 493
RE: Misfits E4 - 30/11/2012 9:02:04 AM   
Chief

So is Grace going to bring Curtis back?

Post #: 494
RE: Misfits E4 - 5/12/2012 2:09:21 PM   
spark1

cool trail for season's end at-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5wOtT0ZWZk&safe=active

Post #: 495
RE: Misfits E4 - 7/12/2012 9:45:21 AM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht
quote:

To be honest, I thought the ending was a bit hurried. I'll have to watch it again but I think more could have been done with the Rudy-trio thing. Possibly could've been stretched over 2 episodes.

Just seen this episode, I agree with Musht.  It was really rushed and came out of nowhere.  It was a waste of the Rudy Three idea, it would have been more interesting if there had been more interplay between them or he'd stuck around for more of the series.

Esssentially, he could have been replaced with a one off psycho character.  I was also a bit confused about him being stabbed and Rudy One and Too being fine.  Wasn't it established in Rudy's first episodes that they share injuries?

Just feel there is something missing from this series.  It was even more clear in this Episode when the Rudys were sidelined.  Gilgun is carrying the show at the moment, I think.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 496
RE: Misfits E4 - 18/12/2012 6:45:55 PM   
Marky_Mark

Just caught up with Episode 7. Probably one of the best of the series- from Rudy's cock jokes ("Happy birthday, I've got a cock!") to the probation worker's rendition of 'Power of Love'.

The final looks like a belter.

Ramblings of a musician, telly addict, and tech-head...

www.twitter.com/MarkSaysThis

XBOX Live Gamertag: Roost N Roll

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 497
RE: Misfits E4 - 19/12/2012 3:41:08 PM   
Titanm21

Loved the final. Overall this season has been a tad poorer than the others.

Loving the new probation worker and that new red haired lass… the final 2 eps were better than the rest of the season combined.

SPOILERS!!!

Only misfits could make you laugh at a head butted nun

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to Marky_Mark)
Post #: 498
RE: Misfits E4 - 19/12/2012 3:55:51 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

to the probation worker's rendition of 'Power of Love'.

That blew me away! I loved it

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Marky_Mark)
Post #: 499
RE: Misfits E4 - 2/4/2013 11:37:40 PM   
musht

Season 5 will be the last. Not too surprised or disappointed. I'll miss Rudy but he's carrying the show at the moment and I'm not wild on any of the newbies

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/goodbye-misfits-the-upcoming-8-episode-5th-season-will-be-its-very-last

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 500
RE: Misfits E4 - 30/5/2013 9:21:17 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Watched the first two series over the last week or so. Bloody excellent stuff. I hear it goes downhill from here, is it worth watching the rest?.....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 501
RE: Misfits E4 - 30/5/2013 11:37:02 AM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Watched the first two series over the last week or so. Bloody excellent stuff. I hear it goes downhill from here, is it worth watching the rest?.....

The first 2 seasons are by far the best. The third season is worth a watch if you're interested to see how Simon becomes Superhoodie. Rudy, who replaces Nathan, is actually very good and really comes into his own in Season 4 but the new cast members are a disppointment and the stories are pretty shit.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 502
RE: Misfits E4 - 30/5/2013 12:11:06 PM   
jcthefirst

I've struggled with series 4. Watched half of the episodes and haven't had the urge to go back and watch the rest.

The episode with the three Rudy's was great and the one with Curtis' femme fatale too, but Finn is very annoying and Jess (?) is just dull.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 503
RE: Misfits E4 - 30/5/2013 12:29:02 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

I've struggled with series 4. Watched half of the episodes and haven't had the urge to go back and watch the rest.

The episode with the three Rudy's was great and the one with Curtis' femme fatale too, but Finn is very annoying and Jess (?) is just dull.

Agreed, I'm really debating with myself whether I'll bother with Season 5 when it comes around. I do think Rudy is a great character though, it's just a pity they let the rest of the show slide

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 504
RE: Misfits E4 - 30/5/2013 1:03:22 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I think I'll give Season Three a watch at least then as I want to see the Simon/Time Travel thing played out. I'm a bit gutted after finding out Nathan isn't in anymore episodes, he was by far the best character. The first two series have been fantastic. It might say more about me than anything but this was the funniest thing I've seen since I started watching it, I was crying with laughter for about ten minutes....

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 505
RE: Misfits E4 - 30/5/2013 3:30:16 PM   
musht

quote:

I think I'll give Season Three a watch at least then as I want to see the Simon/Time Travel thing played out. I'm a bit gutted after finding out Nathan isn't in anymore episodes, he was by far the best character. The first two series have been fantastic. It might say more about me than anything but this was the funniest thing I've seen since I started watching it, I was crying with laughter for about ten minutes....

Yeh, give 3 a go. Nathan is definitely missed but Rudy was actually a very good replacement

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

Post #: 506
RE: Misfits E4 - 3/6/2013 2:41:41 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Season Three was ok. Rudy is a good addition but I've just watched the first half of the Season 4 opener and switched it off. I think that's me done. Seasons 1 & 2 were outstanding.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 507
RE: Misfits E4 - 3/6/2013 3:42:47 PM   
musht

quote:

Season Three was ok. Rudy is a good addition but I've just watched the first half of the Season 4 opener and switched it off. I think that's me done. Seasons 1 & 2 were outstanding.

I'd agree with this. I stuck with 4 but I don't blame you for ditching it, the newbies were poor, as were their powers and their storylines

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

Post #: 508
RE: Misfits E4 - 14/10/2013 10:36:09 AM   
spark1

s5 trailer-

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/51135/misfits-series-5-new-trailer-for-final-season/

Post #: 509
RE: Misfits E4 - 14/10/2013 1:53:54 PM   
Chief

I'll watch it just for completion sake. Last series was alright at best.

Post #: 510
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 16 [17] 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Misfits E4 Page: <<   < prev  14 15 16 [17] 18   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI