Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Misfits E4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Misfits E4 Page: <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Misfits E4 - 19/12/2011 3:11:26 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

It's been confirmed that both characters won't be back.

Looks like we will be getting a new bunch for series 4.

Overall I have enjoyed this series, but it has been a touch below series 2.  I missed an overall arc and I thought there were a few missed opportunities.  Curtis' Gender Swap power could have really opened up an interesting character progression for him (and lets face it, despite the actors natural charisma, he is the dullest character), but instead they jettisoned it.  It also bugged me that the Misfits seem to be set apart from the world, you never see any extras unless they are needed for the episode (never just knocking around in the centre or estate) and they just murder their way out of so many problems without any consequences.

Also, this bugged me in the last episode.  Simon asked for Curtis' old power and Seth said he had stored it in the iguana.  Was the old man from the Nazi Episode supposed to have had Curtis' power?  It was totally different or does Seth just stick all the dangerous powers in his lizard?!  I quite like the idea of the iguana being the most powered being in the series.

I agree it was missing an overall arc. Overman's said we'll some of the Misfits' parents next season which should be interesting, although I'm guessing they won't be Simon or Alisha's. But I am looking forward to some new characters.

Regarding Curtis rewind power, in the nazi timeline Kelly ended up with it and fixed everything. Then Seth took it off her and put it in the iguana which was eaten by his zombie girlfriend

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 421
RE: Misfits E4 - 19/12/2011 3:37:39 PM   
Invader_Ace

Curtis' old power always seemed more like a personal rewind.  The Old Guy went back in time and teleported to Germany (as did Kelly, which would have been outside her life-timeline) which is why I thought it was a seperate power.  However, having just read back over this whole thread, they mention the old man buying Curtis' power in Series 2.  Guess Curtis just didn't know what he was capeable of, to be honest it did always bug me the way he complained about his power!

Also, from looking back over the thread you and Reb were proved right over Anomaly about how Simon's time-travel works!  I was always on your side!

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 422
RE: Misfits E4 - 19/12/2011 3:41:12 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Antonia Thomas and Iwan Rheon both confirmed they WONT be back next year last night via Twitter and a behind the scenes vid taken from the filming of the last episode. Bit gutted overt that to be honest. Especially Simon.

< Message edited by The REAL Bozz -- 19/12/2011 3:42:55 PM >

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 423
RE: Misfits E4 - 19/12/2011 3:49:05 PM   
musht

quote:

Curtis' old power always seemed more like a personal rewind.  The Old Guy went back in time and teleported to Germany (as did Kelly, which would have been outside her life-timeline) which is why I thought it was a seperate power.  However, having just read back over this whole thread, they mention the old man buying Curtis' power in Series 2.  Guess Curtis just didn't know what he was capeable of, to be honest it did always bug me the way he complained about his power!

Also, from looking back over the thread you and Reb were proved right over Anomaly about how Simon's time-travel works!  I was always on your side!

Curtis still has a shit power!! I'm presuming they'll fix that. Thinking bout it more and more I'm actually kind of excited at the prospect of new characters which should shake up the dynamic of the group. I'm happy Kelly and Rudy stayed on, Simon and Alisha had pretty much evolved into pretty boring characters. And there's Seth as well, who I like

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

Post #: 424
RE: Misfits E4 - 19/12/2011 5:59:31 PM   
impqueen

Gutted Simon won't be back. Still Kelly and Rudy are ace. 

Yes, always.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 425
RE: Misfits E4 - 19/12/2011 8:16:44 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

I actually find it a bit sad that most of this thread is an argument about how the time-travel power works!

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

Post #: 426
RE: Misfits E4 - 20/12/2011 9:16:45 AM   
Funkyrae

Good final to the season, real shame to see the end of Simon and Alisha though. Wonder what will happen with their viral marketing? Simon is the most prolific poster.

That's me that is!

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 427
RE: Misfits E4 - 20/12/2011 11:08:58 AM   
Invader_Ace

Even if they bring in new characters, I have to imagine Kelly is going to get pushed to the centre.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 428
RE: Misfits E4 - 20/12/2011 11:13:21 AM   
musht

quote:

Even if they bring in new characters, I have to imagine Kelly is going to get pushed to the centre.

Wouldn't be surprised if we saw more of Rudy either, I think they were cautious about giving the new guy too much storytime. I reckon if Curtis got a better power he might become more interesting as well. But Kelly will definitely become the focus next you could see this season that they were setting that up

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

Post #: 429
RE: Misfits E4 - 20/12/2011 12:10:45 PM   
spark1

i think overman's busy schedule-including this show, 'dirk gently', reviving 'vexed' and bits for 'merlin'-affected this season.

Post #: 430
RE: Misfits E4 - 20/12/2011 12:28:41 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

i think overman's busy schedule-including this show, 'dirk gently', reviving 'vexed' and bits for 'merlin'-affected this season.

Is Vexed coming back? I really enjoyed that show

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 431
RE: Misfits E4 - 20/12/2011 1:14:21 PM   
discodave101

Have to say, I'm shocked and gutted that another 2 have gone. Didn't realise til I read it on here. 

Honestly, I'm not really looking forward to the next series anywhere near as much as a result.

Question is, did they choose to leave, or where they written out? I'd assume the former.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 432
RE: Misfits E4 - 20/12/2011 1:25:53 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: discodave101

Have to say, I'm shocked and gutted that another 2 have gone. Didn't realise til I read it on here. 

Honestly, I'm not really looking forward to the next series anywhere near as much as a result.

Question is, did they choose to leave, or where they written out? I'd assume the former.

I'd say it was a mixture of both. Simon had to go at some stage anyway due to the travel thing and Alisha dying made it a nice circle with a continuous loop of them dying in each other's arms which in the words of Kelly "dead romantic". I can see them wanting to move on anyway, Iwan Rheon is trying to get a music career going and in fairness to Thomas Alisha was not the most interesting character to play

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 433
RE: Misfits E4 - 22/12/2011 10:12:51 AM   
jcthefirst

So, only started watching this last night on 4OD but I am loving it already. Nathan is the best by far but they each bring something great to the table.

One question, does the invisible kid (Simon?) get any more interesting. I know he's meant to be the outsider and all, but at the minute, 2 episodes in, he's kind of dull.

Loved Nathan's going with the girl who turned out to be an 82 year old granny.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 434
RE: Misfits E4 - 22/12/2011 10:17:25 AM   
discodave101

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

One question, does the invisible kid (Simon?) get any more interesting. I know he's meant to be the outsider and all, but at the minute, 2 episodes in, he's kind of dull.

All I'll say to that it....YES!

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 435
RE: Misfits E4 - 22/12/2011 10:21:36 AM   
jcthefirst

quote:

quote:

That's all I needed. Cheers.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 436
RE: Misfits E4 - 22/12/2011 1:30:32 PM   
Scott_

quote:

So, only started watching this last night on 4OD but I am loving it already

Me too!

I'd written it off as Skins with superpowers and decided it would be a load of crap but I couldn't have been more wrong, it's seriously awesome stuff.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 437
RE: Misfits E4 - 22/12/2011 2:56:33 PM   
Chief

You lucky, lucky people. It's really been a fantastic series and I'd like to revisit the earlier episodes to hear some Nathanisms.

Saying that, Simon provided me with my biggest laugh out of all three series by explaining how he came to be doing community service, effing hilarious.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 438
RE: Misfits E4 - 22/12/2011 7:41:43 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

I actually find it a bit sad that most of this thread is an argument about how the time-travel power works!

I thought it made for a healthy debate to be honest.

Misfit's clearly went another way. Time travel has been done differently in other mediums/works and we just didn't know how Misfit's would use it. Hence the discussion.

SPOILERS FOR SERIES 3 FINALE

As you can imagine the whole endless loop thing didn't sit well with me. For example Simon saved Alisha before in a completely different circumstance. This changed the present/future and Alisha lived longer than she would have ... but she died again. Simon has now gone back to save her, he will do so and Alisha will live longer again ... but she will die again eventually. My point is she just doomed to die horribly? Will she never be able to just live till she's 90 and just pass away? I can't see the explanation for that. No matter what loops etc occur.

Back to the loop ... how could they trust Simon to do this? He is changing time! What if he messes up and get's everyone killed etc.

Looking at the Nazi episode again ... that old dude went back in time and changed history. Everyone fixed it. They didn't have some crazy loop of them going back in time to fix it again did they? Why not if loops are unavoidable in time travel?

Moving on I've just caught the last two episodes and I'm it felt like a return to form for the series. Glad they tied thing's up with the ghosts returning that was a great touch. The second probation worker issue had always annoyed me and it's good to get some closure on that. The zombie episode was just great fun, a lot of laughs and classic Misfits moments.

Regarding the next series it's hard to see who will reign in the team with Simon gone. Unless Seth fills that role somewhat? He could always take the powers away from any evil/mad/misguided crazies and that would save them having to kill them all the time!

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 439
RE: Misfits E4 - 22/12/2011 8:59:34 PM   
Goodfella

Liked the final episode even though it was a tad predictable, you could almost have an idea from watching the sneak preview the week before, and when Simon and Alisha (sp?) went off for their "shower session" (is it me or is Misfits becoming more and more sexually explicit, out of interest is it rated 18 or 15 on DVD?) that something was going to happen to Alisha. We kind of knew that already but you saw it before it happened, although it did tie things up nicely and I'm really looking forward to where they go with season four.

Rudy has been a great addition but there's no lying, I miss Nathan and his dark humour and vulgarity.

I'm hearing rumours of another new character for next season as well.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 440
RE: Misfits E4 - 23/12/2011 4:42:47 PM   
Funkyrae

The first two series were 18 on DVD and they were just as sexually explicit as this season, it hasn't become more so at all.

As for next season, I have a feeling Seth is going to become more important.

That's me that is!

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 441
RE: Misfits E4 - 23/12/2011 7:24:35 PM   
Proudfoot

Someone who works on this show really don't like the pretty women.

"We must never forget that we are human, and as humans we dream, and when we dream we dream of money."

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 442
RE: Misfits E4 - 23/12/2011 9:18:24 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

As you can imagine the whole endless loop thing didn't sit well with me. For example Simon saved Alisha before in a completely different circumstance. This changed the present/future and Alisha lived longer than she would have ... but she died again. Simon has now gone back to save her, he will do so and Alisha will live longer again ... but she will die again eventually. My point is she just doomed to die horribly? Will she never be able to just live till she's 90 and just pass away? I can't see the explanation for that. No matter what loops etc occur.

Back to the loop ... how could they trust Simon to do this? He is changing time! What if he messes up and get's everyone killed etc.

There's no fear of this happening cause we know that doesn't happen cause we've already seen him back in time.

With regard to the loop in general being pointless because Alisha dies anyway, it's actually quite romantic as they do get to die in each other's arms. It's the only ending we're going to get anyway so we'll have yo learn to accept it in our own way

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 443
RE: Misfits E4 - 24/12/2011 12:16:19 AM   
furrybastard

Hmm I suppose if Simon saves Alisha each time he goes back to the past, it creates an alternate reality. Either of them might die horribly again at a later point, but they'd have more time together.

At least, that's the way they could have done it rather than just a loop!

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 444
RE: Misfits E4 - 24/12/2011 2:01:29 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

There's no fear of this happening cause we know that doesn't happen cause we've already seen him back in time.

With regard to the loop in general being pointless because Alisha dies anyway, it's actually quite romantic as they do get to die in each other's arms. It's the only ending we're going to get anyway so we'll have yo learn to accept it in our own way

As I explained ... it's not a perfect loop really is it?! Regarding it being romantic? I've always thought the whole idea was twisted. Going back in time and manipulating events so someone would fall in love with you? Not my idea of romance. I always thought it was a bit dark as Alisha was left questioning herself and her feelings at first. Never before had she displayed an interest in Simon. She breaks up with Curtis and suddenly thing's spark off ... due to superhoodie/Simons design. Once again it's not a perfect loop ... so how many times will Simon keep doing this? When they live to 53 and Alisha dies after being hit by a car is he going to go back and sort everything out again?

quote:

ORIGINAL: furrybastard

Hmm I suppose if Simon saves Alisha each time he goes back to the past, it creates an alternate reality. Either of them might die horribly again at a later point, but they'd have more time together.

At least, that's the way they could have done it rather than just a loop!

Yeah I was thinking about the whole alternate reality thing ... but then does time catch up with itself at some point with everything changing? For instance now Simon is gone and the gang will go on living their lives ... but once Simon changes the past that present would be gone ... or yeah two time lines would exist. One where Simon left and the other where Simons actions in the past have created a new future.

As Musht pointed out and I know already I'm obviously going to have to accept it! I'm not disputing that, just discussing it is all. I just thought it unnecessary.

Still I enjoyed the series as a whole and look forward to the next.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Proudfoot

Someone who works on this show really don't like the pretty women.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 445
RE: Misfits E4 - 24/12/2011 1:44:23 PM   
spark1

dvd/blu ray extra at-

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/12/23/misfits-series-three-choosing-a-theme-tune/

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 446
RE: Misfits E4 - 16/1/2012 8:31:48 PM   
anakin solo

I really enjoyed watching Misfits, even though I like season three. I think that the first two seasons were the best, they had the most laughs mostly from Nathan who is the best character in the series well except for kelly that is.

my ally is the force and what a powerful ally it is.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 447
RE: Misfits E4 - 17/1/2012 11:50:04 AM   
spark1

i hear lauren in trouble with the law.
life could imitate art soon.

(in reply to anakin solo)
Post #: 448
RE: Misfits E4 - 14/2/2012 1:14:07 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's all I needed. Cheers.

Just finished the second series (well, still got the Christmas special to go) and am loving this show so much.

One question though, do we think our gang killed the Lacto-kinetic? Is that ever confirmed?

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 449
RE: Misfits E4 - 14/2/2012 2:21:10 PM   
musht

No it's not, up to the imagination

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 450
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Misfits E4 Page: <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI