Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Misfits E4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Misfits E4 Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Misfits E4 - 7/12/2011 10:55:50 PM   
Invader_Ace

Caught up on the last two episodes.
Was sad to see the Probation worker go, also think it is slightly ridiculous the amount of people that have gone missing from the Community Centre with no repercussions at all.

I found it hard to judge the passage of time in the last episode.  Rudy's story seemed to be almost "real" time, but then Curtis went from zero to showing.  I know Alisha mentioned it, but why couldn't he just have the Morning-after pill?

I'd only just started picking up on the Erazer Tags, (since I'm not bothering with all the extra bits this time round) now, you're telling me it's over!  Is the short anywhere to see?

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 391
RE: Misfits E4 - 12/12/2011 12:49:08 AM   
musht

SO MANY BODIES!!!!!!!

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 392
RE: Misfits E4 - 12/12/2011 8:29:08 AM   
Marky_Mark

I have to say that I thought last night's episode was the strongest so far this series. Had me genuinely laughing out loud throughout....Rudy's initial reaction to the cheerleaders, Curtis' "you don't think a vet can be black?", drawing straws to kill the cat, and of course the shortest career of any probation worker to date. When she first walked in to see them battering cheerleaders you just knew what was coming next.

Next week's looks interesting!

Ramblings of a musician, telly addict, and tech-head...

www.twitter.com/MarkSaysThis

XBOX Live Gamertag: Roost N Roll

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 393
RE: Misfits E4 - 12/12/2011 11:57:53 AM   
spark1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marky_Mark

I have to say that I thought last night's episode was the strongest so far this series. Had me genuinely laughing out loud throughout....Rudy's initial reaction to the cheerleaders, Curtis' "you don't think a vet can be black?", drawing straws to kill the cat, and of course the shortest career of any probation worker to date. When she first walked in to see them battering cheerleaders you just knew what was coming next.

Next week's looks interesting!

mark heap. enuff said.

(in reply to Marky_Mark)
Post #: 394
RE: Misfits E4 - 12/12/2011 6:17:47 PM   
Hobbitonlass

I thought it was a great episode. I love Rudy more and more each week, he had me cracking up with the stuff he was coming out with this week. "Not watched a zombie film, I'm more of an ET man myself. Fucking love that little cunt"

Just hope Kelly doesn't turn into a wet sap.

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 395
RE: Misfits E4 - 12/12/2011 9:03:29 PM   
impqueen

I really enjoyed that episode, poor Iggy and the Probation worker…Next week looks very interesting, did anyone else notice Simon's hoodie?

Yes, always.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 396
RE: Misfits E4 - 14/12/2011 8:18:49 PM   
Goodfella

I know it's not exact reality, but where are all the families of those that keep getting killed in each episode!?!? The seven cheerleaders on Sunday night for starters!

Also where do all these hammers keep coming from!? There has got to be a B and Q on that estate because it's getting ridiculous now!

Very good episode on Sunday though. Rudy's explanation for hating cheerleaders, the zombie cat and Rudy's "well, if I'd known we were going to be tooling up...."line made me laugh very much!

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 397
RE: Misfits E4 - 14/12/2011 8:32:25 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

I really enjoyed that episode, poor Iggy and the Probation worker…Next week looks very interesting, did anyone else notice Simon's hoodie?

Am I right in thinking it's the same hoodie Superhoodie wore in the first season when he was riding round on his BMX?

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 398
RE: Misfits E4 - 14/12/2011 8:45:25 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

Am I right in thinking it's the same hoodie Superhoodie wore in the first season when he was riding round on his BMX?

Well he never got rid of his, shall we call it, "supersuit" did he? When Alesha asked him too destroy it, he pretended to burn it before hiding it in the bag and then clearly locking it in a hidden cupboard in the basement. I have a feeling a potential break-up for those two may be in store next week.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 399
RE: Misfits E4 - 14/12/2011 11:45:02 PM   
Invader_Ace

The Super Suit is different to the Orange Hoody from the first series.
Yes, it was cool to see it back.
Liked the episode, but the amount of people being murdered consequence free is beyond ridiculous now.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 400
RE: Misfits E4 - 15/12/2011 12:38:46 AM   
musht

Didn't Simon have videos of the Hoodie from the first season so he knows he has to wear the orange hoodie. Simon's a sci-fi nerd he knows things have to happen the same way hence all Superhoodie's clocks.

I'm excited about his new powers, I hope the others get some new ones too; Curtis's is now redundant and if Rudy got a cool power he'd be able to double it

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

Post #: 401
RE: Misfits E4 - 15/12/2011 9:58:00 AM   
Funkyrae

But the power to go back in time was in the iguana which has since been eaten/become a zombie iguana. Now there's a sentence you don't expect to type.

That's me that is!

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 402
RE: Misfits E4 - 15/12/2011 1:15:11 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkyrae

But the power to go back in time was in the iguana which has since been eaten/become a zombie iguana. Now there's a sentence you don't expect to type.

I think that was the power to rewind time, whenever Curtis used it it never resulted in two versions of Curtis. I think there must be a separate time travel power . . . Simon will have some nerdy explanation

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 403
RE: Misfits E4 - 15/12/2011 4:00:55 PM   
sharkboy

No, that was the power to go back in time that was used in the nazi episode.  Once it had been returned to the power broker, he agreed to put it into the iguana for safekeeping.  Perhaps that'll explain next week's episode which appears to feature pretty much everyone they've dealt with since getting their powers?

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 404
RE: Misfits E4 - 15/12/2011 4:11:47 PM   
musht

I got the impression that the people from the last few seasons are ghosts. I think it's definitely connected to some sort of power, be interesting to see what powers Simon gets that allows him to tackle ghosts

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 405
RE: Misfits E4 - 15/12/2011 5:03:41 PM   
Darth Marenghi

SPOILER FROM NEXT TIME TRAILER: Mark Heap seems to be playing some kind of psychic medium. I'm guessing the storm has given him the power to do it for real and he's summoning the ghosts of people from earlier episodes.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 406
RE: Misfits E4 - 16/12/2011 9:30:39 AM   
Chief

Where do people hear of these mini episodes? First time I've heard of Erazer is on here.

Post #: 407
RE: Misfits E4 - 16/12/2011 2:57:16 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Where do people hear of these mini episodes? First time I've heard of Erazer is on here.

Just like Misfits on facebook or follow em on Twitter. It's on the Misfits E4 page

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 408
RE: Misfits E4 - 16/12/2011 4:33:18 PM   
musht

The viral campaign is so detailed!! Rudy and Simon are having a movie knowledge off on twitter, pointless but fair play to the people behind it

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 409
RE: Misfits E4 - 16/12/2011 8:47:10 PM   
Darth Marenghi

Misfits Series 4 has been greenlit, according to Bleeding Cool.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/12/16/misfits-season-four-go/

I hoping they don't extend the episode order to be honest - I don't want Overman to be stretched too far with this and the US remake.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 410
RE: Misfits E4 - 16/12/2011 9:01:50 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

Misfits Series 4 has been greenlit, according to Bleeding Cool.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/12/16/misfits-season-four-go/

I hoping they don't extend the episode order to be honest - I don't want Overman to be stretched too far with this and the US remake.

To be honest I think 8 is stretching it a bit this year but I still love. Delighted it'll be back. I dunno how I feel about the remake, I'd love if it was just parallel to the British version, in which case Nathan could make an appearance given that's where he is storywise and Sheehan is trying to make it in America

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 411
RE: Misfits E4 - 17/12/2011 1:38:21 PM   
losthighway

Glad to see a 4th series has been greenlit 'cos i've really liked the surrealist nature of this third series, although I wish they had stuck with the pregnancy storyline instead of bailing out and swapping his power. I think that could have been a really interesting thread, plus Rudy is a great addition to the gang and dare I say it better than Nathan!

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 412
RE: Misfits E4 - 17/12/2011 2:06:41 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: losthighway

Glad to see a 4th series has been greenlit 'cos i've really liked the surrealist nature of this third series, although I wish they had stuck with the pregnancy storyline instead of bailing out and swapping his power. I think that could have been a really interesting thread, plus Rudy is a great addition to the gang and dare I say it better than Nathan!

TAKE IT BACK, YOU SWINE!!!

Na, I like Rudy. He's definitely grown on me and not as close to Nathan's character as I originally thought. His "power" adds a melancholic feel to him which I really like. He's the funniestand yet saddest character in the group and I hope they develop on that in further series.

On a more general note, although tomorrow's the season finale, we are getting another Christmas special aren't we?

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 413
RE: Misfits E4 - 17/12/2011 2:19:17 PM   
losthighway

quote:

quote:

Na, I like Rudy. He's definitely grown on me and not as close to Nathan's character as I originally thought. His "power" adds a melancholic feel to him which I really like. He's the funniestand yet saddest character in the group and I hope they develop on that in further series.

On a more general note, although tomorrow's the season finale, we are getting another Christmas special aren't we?

I WILL NOT!!!

Although having just watched Joseph in This Is England '88, I do wonder if he has a one character fits all philosophy when playing different roles!? ...but i do like (and he's rather fit too! )... And i've not heard/read about any Christmas special this year.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 414
RE: Misfits E4 - 17/12/2011 2:27:02 PM   
musht

quote:

quote:

quote:

I WILL NOT!!!

Although having just watched Joseph in This Is England '88, I do wonder if he has a one character fits all philosophy when playing different roles!? ...but i do like (and he's rather fit too! )... And i've not heard/read about any Christmas special this year.

Shit, I asked because on imdb he's credited with 9 episodes. Just checked there the ninth is 'Vegas Baby' . . . so no Christmas special which is disappointing although it probably fits in with the chronology of the show now I think about it

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

Post #: 415
RE: Misfits E4 - 17/12/2011 2:35:42 PM   
losthighway

Yeah... 'cos Rudy was introduced during that web-episode, although it did air on TV too as I recall.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 416
RE: Misfits E4 - 19/12/2011 1:22:25 AM   
musht

MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR FINALE BELOW!!!!

Right so, what the story with next season, no Alisha and no Simon!? That'll be weird. I'm guessing they'll have to introduce some new characters which should be fun although I can see the community service schtick getting stretched, especially if they increase the number of episodes. I was happy with the immunity power as it explained a few things such as why Simon could touch Alisha and why he had the video of her interview from the ASBO-5 timeline that Curtis undid. Looking forward to see what happens next.

It's all very intriguing

< Message edited by musht -- 19/12/2011 1:23:02 AM >

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

Post #: 417
RE: Misfits E4 - 19/12/2011 2:01:28 PM   
spark1

early s4 news- with spoilers-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s145/misfits/news/a356608/misfits-star-will-not-return-for-series-four.html

interesting.......

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 418
RE: Misfits E4 - 19/12/2011 2:08:02 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

early s4 news- with spoilers-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s145/misfits/news/a356608/misfits-star-will-not-return-for-series-four.html

interesting.......

Spoilers

I figured she wouldn't be back given she's dead. I'm not expecting Simon to be back either, I don't know about others but I'm not really interested in seeing him relive the events of the first 2 seasons from the outside, unless when he's not monitoring the group he has a social life with other people with powers . . . I don't really see how that would work

< Message edited by musht -- 19/12/2011 2:09:18 PM >

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 419
RE: Misfits E4 - 19/12/2011 2:52:17 PM   
Invader_Ace

It's been confirmed that both characters won't be back.

Looks like we will be getting a new bunch for series 4.

Overall I have enjoyed this series, but it has been a touch below series 2.  I missed an overall arc and I thought there were a few missed opportunities.  Curtis' Gender Swap power could have really opened up an interesting character progression for him (and lets face it, despite the actors natural charisma, he is the dullest character), but instead they jettisoned it.  It also bugged me that the Misfits seem to be set apart from the world, you never see any extras unless they are needed for the episode (never just knocking around in the centre or estate) and they just murder their way out of so many problems without any consequences.

Also, this bugged me in the last episode.  Simon asked for Curtis' old power and Seth said he had stored it in the iguana.  Was the old man from the Nazi Episode supposed to have had Curtis' power?  It was totally different or does Seth just stick all the dangerous powers in his lizard?!  I quite like the idea of the iguana being the most powered being in the series.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 420
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Misfits E4 Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI