Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Misfits E4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Misfits E4 Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Misfits E4 - 23/11/2011 11:00:10 AM   
sharkboy

Loved the scene this week where Rudy opens the door to find Simon mid-swing of the battering ram. The look at the armed goons before casually closing the door was classic Rudy   Kelly laying into Hitler was great as well - "why do you have to be a dick?"   But I'm glad she's back to being a fuckin' rocket scientist

And yes, the show does seem to play fast and loose with the classic time travel paradox, but when it's this much fun I'll happily overlook that.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 361
RE: Misfits E4 - 23/11/2011 12:56:44 PM   
discodave101

Humph, it was entertaining, but the moment we realised it was an 'alternate reality' episode we both were kinda annoyed. It was fun n all, but I always see episodes like this as classic filler. The same plot as used on countless American TV's shows all too often to help them 'flesh out' over 24 episodes.

Oh, and c'mon powers taker/giver guy..... would you honestly....HONESTLY....look twice at Kelly? 

Talking about powers guy, maybe I was wrong to assume he's trying to ressurect his family/girlfriend. Surely time travel would've been the perfect power for him to obtain to fix that?

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 362
RE: Misfits E4 - 23/11/2011 1:00:19 PM   
Funkyrae

I don't think he can use the powers though, I think he's more of a conduit.

As for not looking twice at Kelly, I think she's really quite pretty in an unconventional way. Add to that the fact that she can absolutely take care of herself and is extremely loyal then yeah, why not?

That's me that is!

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 363
RE: Misfits E4 - 23/11/2011 3:21:08 PM   
impqueen

Kelly looks great with the darker hair. 

I thought this weeks ep was fine, not great though entirely worth it for the bookends of Kelly, who knew someone would out do Rory (Doctor Who) and nut Hitler.

Yes, always.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 364
RE: Misfits E4 - 25/11/2011 7:32:57 PM   
Invader_Ace

Just caught up with all these on 4OD.  Brilliant!
Rudy is funny as fuck.  He is a similar type to Nathan, but different enough.  I love the way he'll say something and then immediately go back on it when he gets a funny look from someone.  He fits in really well.

Feeling pretty epic, so far.
I disagree that it was poor for Peter not to draw himself with powers or being popular.  I never got the vibe that that was what he wanted.  What he wanted was Heroes to be real and if possible, be a creator or guide for them.  Hence his power in the first place as an artist, rather than just being a Batman.  In the end, he got his wish.

I really liked the Curtis episode, in fact it was interesting enough as a character piece that they could have left out the whole date-raper enemy.  Which just felt a bit superficial for my liking.

The Nazi episode was good fun.  I love how in TV & Film, the Nazis always stay the same up to the present day.  It's a shame they couldn't have had an alternate Nathan cameo.

Why wouldn't you look twice at Kelly?  Maybe she's not conventional, but she definitely has something.

Plus, in the context of the show, it's also that she is a genuine honest person.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 365
RE: Misfits E4 - 28/11/2011 2:38:37 AM   
musht

Is it just me or has this show sort of upped the ridiculous factor; stealing a come patient!? Don't life support machines require plugs (I'm not a doctor, maybe it is that easy).

Also [MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 5] another probation worker!? And he was a legend as well. I still love the show but it has gotten a bit OTT.

I enjoyed Rudy's storyline and I'm glad to see we're getting more of him next week

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 366
RE: Misfits E4 - 28/11/2011 11:48:53 AM   
spark1

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

Is it just me or has this show sort of upped the ridiculous factor; stealing a come patient!? Don't life support machines require plugs (I'm not a doctor, maybe it is that easy).

Also [MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 5] another probation worker!? And he was a legend as well. I still love the show but it has gotten a bit OTT.

I enjoyed Rudy's storyline and I'm glad to see we're getting more of him next week

'WAKE UP!!!!!!'

thought rudy's storyline was funny but took time away from the coma storyline.
they could have done more with 'kelly', like have her use a different accent or try fool to the others more.

< Message edited by spark1 -- 28/11/2011 12:22:30 PM >

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 367
RE: Misfits E4 - 28/11/2011 6:22:01 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

quote:

'WAKE UP!!!!!!'

thought rudy's storyline was funny but took time away from the coma storyline.
they could have done more with 'kelly', like have her use a different accent or try fool to the others more.

haha had forgotten Rudy trying to wake the coma patient, that was very funny. I thought the come storyline was kind of weak anyway, probably the weakest storyline this season.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 368
RE: Misfits E4 - 28/11/2011 8:39:43 PM   
discodave101

Two sub par episodes in a row. Easily the weakest season so far. This season seriously needs more of an arc. Season 2 with the time travel/mystery masked man coupled with individual episodes was far more entertaining.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 369
RE: Misfits E4 - 29/11/2011 9:15:41 AM   
Funkyrae

quote:

It was never exactly a believable storyline, but that wasn't what made it so good.

I have to say I was glad to see them lose another probation worker, I thought they'd lost the knack of it! That's two now done in by Kelly's hand, she's heading into serial killer territory!

I loved it, yeah so it's not as good as the first season, but it's good enough to be able to slip occasionally.

That's me that is!

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 370
RE: Misfits E4 - 29/11/2011 11:30:43 AM   
spark1

quote:

ORIGINAL: discodave101

Two sub par episodes in a row. Easily the weakest season so far. This season seriously needs more of an arc. Season 2 with the time travel/mystery masked man coupled with individual episodes was far more entertaining.

this was 1st ep not written by overman-creator of 'mongrols' did it.
there is seth's arc but its not central to the show yet......

Post #: 371
RE: Misfits E4 - 29/11/2011 1:50:42 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkyrae

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

and of course now the show has a new version of kelly, one who grew up fighting/killing nazis.

No, that timeline didn't happen after Kelly went back and got the phone which was why she was explaining to the power broker about that power and why it needs to be taken from her and hidden.

There were a lot of plot holes really in that episode really, regarding timelines etc. Technically we do have the Kelly who grew up fighting Nazis but now she has 2 lives to remember. I think this is one of those times where just going have to ignore all the niggly little questions because it is way too complicated

If people are bothered that this Kelly isn't the original, thanks to the rewriting of the timeline technically none of the characters are now.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 372
RE: Misfits E4 - 29/11/2011 2:34:43 PM   
musht

quote:

Dunno if ye follow the twitter accounts of the character but Simon keeps going on about this graffiti artist 'Erazer' in the same way he used to go on about Superhoodie http://yfrog.com/ntlz4vnj

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

Post #: 373
RE: Misfits E4 - 29/11/2011 3:15:36 PM   
Funkyrae

Yeah there's going to be another online episode about that.

That's me that is!

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 374
RE: Misfits E4 - 1/12/2011 9:10:29 PM   
Funkyrae

Hee! I got a mention today on Facebook from Simon Bellamy. Apparently Kelly won't like her boyfriend being called the 'power broker'.

That's me that is!

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 375
RE: Misfits E4 - 2/12/2011 12:21:15 AM   
Goodfella

I love Misfits but I have to be honest this season has disappointed me so far. It's had it's moments, the Nazi episode was by far the best, but I feel it's starting to fall apart a little bit at the seams, it doesn't have the same chemistry the first two seasons and whilst I like the exploration of these characters in the stand-alone episodes, I'd like to see them get back on track with the whole arc of the show with Simon and his future self and why he is needed to protect the group, surely there has to be more to that then has been so far, and Seth as well, it feels very much that he has just been dropped into the mire over the first few episodes of this series, and also surely three disappeared (and buried) social workers are going to catch up with them at some point, and there's great potential for storylines there.

Also I feel Curtis has become a bit of a redundant character. His power is rather useless, apart from being able to give himself a better orgasm than the one he could get previously, and he sometimes feels as if he's just pollyfiller in the scenes, the majority of this series has been focused on Kelly, Rudy and Simon so far with Curtis and Alisha almost just slipping into the background.

Plus, I do miss Nathan. Rudy's good but just not the same, it feels his occasional quip is there to fill in the void left by Nathan's vulgar but hilarious character.

Anyway hopefully the final episodes of the series will have me feeling different!

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 376
RE: Misfits E4 - 2/12/2011 1:02:54 AM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

I love Misfits but I have to be honest this season has disappointed me so far. It's had it's moments, the Nazi episode was by far the best, but I feel it's starting to fall apart a little bit at the seams, it doesn't have the same chemistry the first two seasons and whilst I like the exploration of these characters in the stand-alone episodes, I'd like to see them get back on track with the whole arc of the show with Simon and his future self and why he is needed to protect the group, surely there has to be more to that then has been so far, and Seth as well, it feels very much that he has just been dropped into the mire over the first few episodes of this series, and also surely three disappeared (and buried) social workers are going to catch up with them at some point, and there's great potential for storylines there.

Also I feel Curtis has become a bit of a redundant character. His power is rather useless, apart from being able to give himself a better orgasm than the one he could get previously, and he sometimes feels as if he's just pollyfiller in the scenes, the majority of this series has been focused on Kelly, Rudy and Simon so far with Curtis and Alisha almost just slipping into the background.

Plus, I do miss Nathan. Rudy's good but just not the same, it feels his occasional quip is there to fill in the void left by Nathan's vulgar but hilarious character.

Anyway hopefully the final episodes of the series will have me feeling different!

Totally agree with you about the chemistry. I don't like the way they were shoe horned into community service again, it feels to forced and contrived.

I've been rewatching the first 2 seasons with my Australian housemate (she's totally hooked) and they're soooo good. I am enjoying the third season but it's not the same and I can see it getting stretched.I reckon they should try finish it in the next season (although I know they won't).

I also miss Nathan

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 377
RE: Misfits E4 - 3/12/2011 3:02:07 PM   
the anomaly

The shows always played fast and loose with .. everything ... really. I'd agree this is the weakest series but I'm still entertained. It doesn't take itself too seriously and as it's still good fun I won't dig holes.

Although ... the gang are a bunch of selfish bastards ... another social worker dead to protect their secret. Fair enough it seemed as if he died quite quickly but still. The first was killed in self defence, but the second well that was Simon pretty much on his own if I remember in cold blood. Yes he was protecting the group but well that doesn't justify it really, I can't remember now but the second probation worker wasn't directly trying to kill them was she? She just wanted them arrested? ... Could be wrong.

But yeah all in all they've still not done that much good ... they've had their moments I guess stopping the crazed Zealot in the series one finale was good but each time they do they take a few casualties with them. I mean I do like the show as they are a rag tag group, struggling, failing, messed up, but ultimately likeable and they try ... but yeah they need a win this series. It's probably more this series ...

Just caught up

Comic book episode: Was OK more time travel nonsense. As I've always said I don't think Simon needs to travel back in time now it's been done. I hope it's left well alone now to be honest.

Nazi world episode: Throw away episode. Wasn't needed at all and it was over ambitious. There were some good moments and I did enjoy it but you really had to switch your brain off for this one.

Coma episode: Solid episode I thought. Back to basics a freak of the week. Not mind blowing but solid.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 378
RE: Misfits E4 - 5/12/2011 9:21:52 AM   
Funkyrae

So is Kelly merely a cog in the machine that Seth needs to keep his girlfriend back? Or is it more a question of bringing her back in order to say goodbye properly so he can get on with his relationship with Kelly?

The pregnancy angle was an interesting one but a bit throwaway unfortunately. Seemed like it was there just so Alisha and Curtis could have something to talk about while the others were out.

That's me that is!

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 379
RE: Misfits E4 - 5/12/2011 11:01:37 AM   
Darth Marenghi

The second probation worker was killed accidentally, as I recall.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkyrae

So is Kelly merely a cog in the machine that Seth needs to keep his girlfriend back? Or is it more a question of bringing her back in order to say goodbye properly so he can get on with his relationship with Kelly?

I think it's a case of Seth ultimately not being able to let Shannon go - he does seem to have some guilt about leaving Kelly at the end.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 380
RE: Misfits E4 - 5/12/2011 12:24:14 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Do you get the feeling the next probation worker might just be the bird both Rudy's had a daliance with?

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 381
RE: Misfits E4 - 5/12/2011 1:50:51 PM   
Funkyrae

That's doubtful as she was an anger management counsellor and not a probation worker. Two entirely different career options.

That's me that is!

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 382
RE: Misfits E4 - 5/12/2011 2:49:44 PM   
discodave101

quote:

discoda
quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

I agree that the new powers seem a bit crap and very limited so far, but I suppose with the ongoing appearance of the powerbroker, there's no reason to assume that'll be the only powers they have all season.  Any guesses as to what power he was so keen to get his hands on?  My money is on flight!

Ah - I was guessing at resurrection power of some sort. He seemed to look longingly at a family pic, so I assumed they were both dead and he was looking for a power to bring them back. That seems too obvious though.

Loved this opening ep. The powers are crap, but, like others have said - the power broker seems to be a pivotal plot point this year.

.....not "too obvious" after all then.

I liked the throwaway storyline of the pregnancy - it was funny. Kelly officially had the best line of the series so far too:

"They always send a new probation worker after we've killed one...!"

Genius line, brilliantly delivered.

Post #: 383
RE: Misfits E4 - 5/12/2011 4:17:22 PM   
musht

I really liked Rudy's story!! His character is great, funny and yet sad at the same time.

I thought Curtis's pregnancy was resolved a bit too easily but I suppose they could really have him have a kid which would be the ultimate inbred. Interesting to see if he thinks of bring Nikki back to life, I think they have to address that even if she doesn't actually make an appearance.

Did anybody catch the Erazer short? I was disappointed at first because I was expecting it to be of significance to an overall arc but once I got over that I actually quite enjoyed it. Im glad they didn't try make it a full length 'cause I don't think it would've worked.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

Post #: 384
RE: Misfits E4 - 5/12/2011 7:09:23 PM   
Funkyrae

Yeah I saw the Erazer episode, it was pretty good. Not entirely necessary though and certainly didn't add any more to the overall story. Unlike the Vegas, Baby one which helped answer a few questions, let us know what happened to Nathan and gave us a bit more insight into the relationships. I don't think I would have lost anything if I hadn't watched it.

That's me that is!

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 385
RE: Misfits E4 - 5/12/2011 7:13:43 PM   
Darth Marenghi

I kind of got the impression that they realised the Erazer thing wasn't going anywhere worthwhile so they did an online short in case the fans asked why it was never followed up on.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 386
RE: Misfits E4 - 7/12/2011 1:12:24 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

The second probation worker was killed accidentally, as I recall.

True but it was due to Simon trying to stop her from letting out the truth about the group. They had a bit of a scrap and she died. Hardly completely innocent. I remember it being quite dark as well with Simon chasing her down whilst invisible and attacking her.
Compared to the other two the first being in defence and clearly an accident and well this one being killed by someone else. Plus I was always surprised the group just trusted that Simon killed her by accident, considering they never knew each other that well and at the time he was clearly the outsider. I always thought Simon would become a villain from that point, getting shunned by the group for going too far to protect them ... but I was wrong! 

I quite liked the Erazer thing until the end ... that moment suddenly had some of the worst acting ever. It just got weird.

Latest episode ... all in all I'm glad Curtis sorted his power out. Feel sorry for Kelly and ermmmm oh yeah Rudy's predicament was hilarious. Back to Curtis ... that was seriously messed up he does need to sort himself off because he has been pretty much wanking off constantly each episode, would be interesting if they actually bought up his girlfriend who died last series? He just appears to run her bar now ...

Still entertaining.  

Post #: 387
RE: Misfits E4 - 7/12/2011 1:47:27 AM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

Plus I was always surprised the group just trusted that Simon killed her by accident, considering they never knew each other that well and at the time he was clearly the outsider. I always thought Simon would become a villain from that point, getting shunned by the group for going too far to protect them ... but I was wrong! 

That was Overman's original plan IIRC - Simon would become a villain and be killed off at the end of Series 1.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 388
RE: Misfits E4 - 7/12/2011 10:08:07 AM   
Funkyrae

One of the best things about this show is the marketing. They've been so clever with it!

I'm all anxious about what's happening because both Seth and Curtis have disappeared from Facebook!

That's me that is!

Post #: 389
RE: Misfits E4 - 7/12/2011 2:49:27 PM   
spark1

anyone notice the look alishia gave simon when he went on about morning sickness and biscuits?
probably no big thing but adds to the details about them.

< Message edited by spark1 -- 8/12/2011 11:56:00 AM >

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 390
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Misfits E4 Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI