Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

New Writer For Ghost In The Shell

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Writer For Ghost In The Shell Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Writer For Ghost In The Shell - 27/10/2009 8:37:42 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 27/10/2009 8:37:42 AM   
Hunt_Edd

Glad they're making a sequel to the feature film... Ghost in Shell should only be make into films, not TV series. This film has a lot of potential especially being in 3D. Can't wait to see the result...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 27/10/2009 8:51:02 AM   
keir

Hunt_Edd.. huh? What sequel?
Anyway, looking forward to this, can never have enough big budget fantasy/sci-fi that isn't about comic book superheroes.

Post #: 3
Interesting - 27/10/2009 9:17:10 AM   
benj 01

If this is done right, then its will put even the best sci-fi films of the past few years in the shade, and dare I say it might even give Avatar a run for it's money.

Thinking about it thought maybe James Cmaeron should of done an adaptation of this instead of doing of Avatar it's no secerect that he's a fan of this film.

The man has tatse.

Post #: 4
RE: - 27/10/2009 12:05:25 PM   
SpaceLion

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hunt_Edd

Glad they're making a sequel to the feature film... Ghost in Shell should only be make into films, not TV series. This film has a lot of potential especially being in 3D. Can't wait to see the result...

As has been said: Sequel? Huh? Anyway, there already is a sequel. And the Stand Alone Complex series is a fantastic, if slightly different, take on the GitS universe.

I don't see why they need to go through so many writers. Surely the original script is more or less perfect? They probably want to dumb it down for general audiences and make it a more summer-friendly and action-oriented. Shame!

(in reply to Hunt_Edd)
Post #: 5
Great News! - 27/10/2009 12:40:53 PM   
IKEOBI

I actually preferred this to Akira - This calls for a viewing of both the first part and "Innocence". Can't wait!

Post #: 6
RE: New Writer For Ghost In The Shell - 27/10/2009 2:06:35 PM   
Kazuya

If done right this could be severely exciting cinema, obviously the animated flick is superb in every way, and more than probably won't be bested. But I'm still interested.

"Bleed, bastard."

Post #: 7
I'm game I guess - 27/10/2009 2:59:18 PM   
bronco3114

As a massive fan of the Ghost in The Shell saga both feature length and series I would rather this wasn't made at all... that said wheather success or failure it won't affect my appreciation of the orignal anime same way the so bad it was almost good live action Guyver didn't stop me enjoying the series. So I look on on with curious wonder. I just hope whatever happens we have proven visionary type director at the helm e.g. Spielberg, Scott or (I think his tone would actually suit) Mann.

Post #: 8
RE: I'm game I guess - 27/10/2009 3:45:01 PM   
stephenxanders

Yes true..It is better as a movie! :-)

(in reply to bronco3114)
Post #: 9
RE: New Writer For Ghost In The Shell - 27/10/2009 5:59:43 PM   
boove

obviously, i am a huge fan of GITS.  With technology as it is today, if they go the route of AVATAR this could look amazing.  Getting the HUDs looking right would be something quite unique and the action could be excellent.  No doubt they will have to spell things out a bit though, dumb it down and make it a more linear story but this could be excellent...

or it could be extremely naff.  i am certainly interested. 

Post #: 10
RE: New Writer For Ghost In The Shell - 27/10/2009 10:36:23 PM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kazuya

If done right this could be severely exciting cinema, obviously the animated flick is superb in every way, and more than probably won't be bested. But I'm still interested.

But honestly, what is the point? Didn't we have something like The Matrix already? What difference could it possibly make? It will feel like a Matrix-lite.

And GiTS in 3D? *pukes hardly* When will this 3D nonsense stop?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 11
RE: New Writer For Ghost In The Shell - 28/10/2009 7:36:50 PM   
Mr Terrific

quote:

Didn't we have something like The Matrix already? What difference could it possibly make? It will feel like a Matrix-lite.

Ghost in The Shell is a little more complex than The Matrix, The Matrix only covers some aspects of the subjects covered in Ghost in the Shell. Plus its a good story. Is it worthy of a movie adaption? Maybe not. I feel the anime does the story justice.

..."lost like tears in the rain....."

"He claims he is a man. And one of the things about being a man is getting knocked on your ass and learning from it."

http://www.dccomics.com/heroes_and_villains/?hv=origin_stories/mr_terrific

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 12
RE: New Writer For Ghost In The Shell - 28/10/2009 9:31:53 PM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr Terrific

quote:

Didn't we have something like The Matrix already? What difference could it possibly make? It will feel like a Matrix-lite.

Ghost in The Shell is a little more complex than The Matrix, The Matrix only covers some aspects of the subjects covered in Ghost in the Shell. Plus its a good story. Is it worthy of a movie adaption? Maybe not. I feel the anime does the story justice.

I agree, though I dislike some of GiTS delivery of its themes, talk and talk about philosophy and don't even try to use your visuals to explain yourself, just expose and expose eliminating my role as a viewer to actually think on what is going on, I do like it a quite a bit though and it certainly is far more fascinating than Matrix, but at least Matrix in the first one never felt so overwhelmed in its exposition. If you get what I mean.

And is there a third film in the anime series?

quote:

There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

(in reply to Mr Terrific)
Post #: 13
RE: New Writer For Ghost In The Shell - 30/10/2009 10:54:46 AM   
Mr Terrific

quote:

And is there a third film in the anime series?

Not that I am aware of. But there is a two season tv series.

Here.

"He claims he is a man. And one of the things about being a man is getting knocked on your ass and learning from it."

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 14
RE: New Writer For Ghost In The Shell - 31/10/2009 7:10:51 PM   
Deviation

I know of those, they were very very good.

And I found the third film.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_in_the_Shell:_S.A.C._Solid_State_Society

Didn't cost much (compared to Innocence which cost 20 million, and this 3.6 million) and am amazed on how virtually unknown it is.

quote:

quote:

Post #: 15
RE: New Writer For Ghost In The Shell - 1/11/2009 3:10:42 PM   
Mr Terrific

quote:

And I found the third film.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_in_the_Shell:_S.A.C._Solid_State_Society

Well that is going on my to watch list.

quote:

I know of those, they were very very good

Damn straight, I'd rather they'd use the TV series as basis for new film.

I'd recommend the TV series to anyone. It is easy to get into, has likable characters , good action set pieces and thoughtful subject matter.

< Message edited by Mr Terrific -- 1/11/2009 3:58:11 PM >

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 16
RE: New Writer For Ghost In The Shell - 1/11/2009 5:10:43 PM   
Deviation

I think a problem Innocence had was with Batou, he is a hard charcter to make sympathetic. It's great how they fixed that by putting a cute dog though.

quote:

quote:

Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Writer For Ghost In The Shell Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI