Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

24 Season 8 – US Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> 24 Season 8 – US Speed Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
24 Season 8 – US Speed - 26/10/2009 11:21:01 PM   
The Mighty

The promo for the newest season of 24 has just been released online, so I thought this would be a good time to start a season 8 thread for the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wmc-09LfVg

Joining Jack this season are Anil Kapoor (of Slumdog Millionaire fame), Mykelti Williamson (who played Fearless in the awesome series Boomtown), Freddie Prinze, Jr. (Mr. Sarah Michelle Gellar) and most importantly Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck in BSG!!). President Taylor, Renee Walker and Chloe O'Brian are also returning this season, with Elisha Cuthbert guest staring as Kim Bauer, making this one of the best ensemble cast 24 has had in years. The last time Jack was surrounded by such a great cast was when Jean Smart, Gregory Itzin and Kim Raver were part of the cast in season 5.

While I didn’t enjoy the last few episodes of season 7, overall I thought it was a very entertaining season, and I can’t wait to see what they end up doing this year.

quote:

Set 8 months after season 7, season 8 begins and ends at 4:00 PM, unfolding in New York City amidst the shadows of the Statue of Liberty and the United Nations where CTU has been upgraded and is run by the MBA-schooled Brian Hastings (Mykelti Williamson).[32] Cole Ortiz (Freddie Prinze Jr.), a former Marine who wants to follow in Jack Bauer’s footsteps, runs the division’s Field Operations. Expert data analyst Dana Walsh (Katee Sackhoff) collaborates with systems analyst Arlo Glass inside CTU. Rob Weiss serves as President Alison Taylor’s new chief of staff, and Meredith Reed is an ambitious journalist with ties to the unfolding situation. Jack Bauer is simply a man who wants to move on with his life and be with his daughter and granddaughter, but plans come to a halt when, once again, America needs his help.

< Message edited by The Mighty -- 26/10/2009 11:25:29 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 26/10/2009 11:34:17 PM   
darth silas

Looks good.Season 7 rocked so i hope they can make the final season be even better.Its also good to see agent Renee Walker in there.She was the best new addition to the show in ages so im glad to see shes coming back.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 2
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 27/10/2009 8:08:34 AM   
Reidy

Did I see that right? Was that the one and only Benito Martinez, aka David Aceveda in The Shield?

Looks pretty decent. I'd rather see an assasination plot again, like the one to bump off Palmer in series one. Also glad to see the series start in the afternoon, rather than all in the morning like all bar series one and three.

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 3
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 27/10/2009 11:09:06 AM   
Zaphod121

Wow that actually looks really good, like pre-Season 6 quality, hope it delivers.

(in reply to Reidy)
Post #: 4
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 27/10/2009 2:47:32 PM   
Bored.

What's with all the 24 bashing? The only season of 24 which was below amazing is S6. S7 was just perfect.

The only problem with 24 is there are no characters. Only The Bauernator, The Alemeida  and Chloe.
Everyone just keeps getting killed off!!

Why The Silver Fox?  He was a legend. Did you remember those T-Dog/Bauer/Bill shoot outs from S7?? Awesome!!

I'm still not over Palmer. He gave The Sheen a run for the best TV president ever.

Oh and where o where is Jack's bag!!! (Spin off show please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

We salute you Sir Bauer!

Am I the only one who hates Renee Walker btw? Just so bland and boring,
This isn't the final season is it? there are 2 more at least to come I was aware.
I wish there was a season where Bauer going rouge against the government, that would be some serious awesome. (tagline: 'Jack is...bad')

< Message edited by Bored. -- 27/10/2009 2:57:52 PM >

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 5
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 27/10/2009 3:05:24 PM   
Joedini

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bored.

This isn't the final season is it? there are 2 more at least to come I was aware.
I wish there was a season where Bauer going rouge against the government, that would be some serious awesome. (tagline: 'Jack is...bad')

As far as i'm aware this is likely to be the final season and as much as I love the show I kinda hope it is.

As for Jack going rogue, something along those lines happens every season now!

(in reply to Bored.)
Post #: 6
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 27/10/2009 3:13:17 PM   
Bored.

Yeah but i mean Evil Jack!

Jack vs American government! The final showdown.

I could see it, the president kills Kim for shits and giggles, T-Dog intercepts a phone call 'CTU Almeida ok i'll tell him, CHLOE GET JACK'
The Bauer picks up phone, whispers at first and then starts shouting 'THEIR IS A BOMB I'LL TALK LATER OK??'
Bauer then is captured by generic terrorists and is injected by some radioactive stuff, and has super powers! And goes on the hunt for Bruce Campbell.

Ash vs Bauer? Anyone?

< Message edited by Bored. -- 27/10/2009 3:17:08 PM >

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 7
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 27/10/2009 3:13:42 PM   
The Mighty

quote:

What's with all the 24 bashing? The only season of 24 which was below amazing is S6. S7 was just perfect.

The only problem with 24 is there are no characters. Only The Bauernator, The Alemeida  and Chloe.
Everyone just keeps getting killed off!!

Why The Silver Fox?  He was a legend. Did you remember those T-Dog/Bauer/Bill shoot outs from S7?? Awesome!!

I'm still not over Palmer. He gave The Sheen a run for the best TV president ever.

Oh and where o where is Jack's bag!!! (Spin off show please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

We salute you Sir Bauer!

Am I the only one who hates Renee Walker btw? Just so bland and boring,

This will probably be the final season, unless Fox are able to make a deal with Kiefer Sutherland to extend his contract. If I remember correctly, Kiefer’s contract ends this year, and Fox may not be willing to spend the big bucks to keep him on the show.

As for Season 7, I really enjoyed the first half, but as soon as Tony was revealed to be evil for the second time it fell apart for me. The problem was, Tony didn’t really do anything until the very last episode, so we had some very dull episodes before Jack and Tony finally faced off.

(in reply to Bored.)
Post #: 8
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 27/10/2009 3:17:06 PM   
Joedini

quote:

Yeah but i mean Evil Jack!

Jack vs American government! The final showdown.

I could see it, the president kills Kim for shits and giggles, T-Dog intercepts a phone call 'CTU Almeida ok i'll tell him, CHLOE GET JACK'
The Bauer picks up phone, whispers at first and then starts shouting 'THEIR IS BOMB I'LL TALK LATER OK??'
Bauer then is captured by generic terrorists and is injected by some radioactive stuff, and has super powers! And goes on the hunt for Bruce Campbell.

Ash vs Bauer? Anyone?

shh

(in reply to Bored.)
Post #: 9
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 27/10/2009 3:19:39 PM   
Bored.

you shh! you prefer Neighbours, Chuck and Fringe to 24??

< Message edited by Bored. -- 27/10/2009 3:26:45 PM >

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 10
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 27/10/2009 3:21:48 PM   
Workshed

When will they just let Jack get on with it?!

How many times does he have to save the world before they can trust hum?!

"If they listened to Jack Bauer, the show would be called '12'" - Incidentally, Kiefer Sutherland is making a film called Twelve.

Love 24!

"Well that's just, like, you're opinion, man"

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 11
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 27/10/2009 3:38:05 PM   
Joedini

quote:

I do, at least I can type coherently. Besides, at the moment I do, hopefully 24 will work it's way onto the list come January

(in reply to Bored.)
Post #: 12
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 27/10/2009 3:44:45 PM   
Bored.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joedini

quote:

I do, at least I can type coherently. Besides, at the moment I do, hopefully 24 will work it's way onto the list come January

I can as well but unlike you I realise this is an internet forum and, can't be arsed actually (2573 posts = u pwned)
Also, anyone who likes Neighbours and Chuck (haven't seen Fringe but it looks wank) has no excuse.

Bauer shits on all of them.

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 13
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 27/10/2009 3:48:48 PM   
Joedini

not to derail this thread any further but 'pwned'?

Also I don't believe Jack Bauer would shit on anybody, he acts out from time to time and has a temper on him but I feel it would be out of character for him take a poo on anyone. I thought you would have known this being such a super fan

(in reply to Bored.)
Post #: 14
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 27/10/2009 3:53:58 PM   
Bored.

quote:

Also I don't believe Jack Bauer would shit on anybody, he acts out from time to time and has a temper on him but I feel it would be out of character for him take a poo on anyone. I thought you would have known this being such a super fan

S5 deleted scenes.

Neighbours fan.

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 15
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 27/10/2009 3:58:25 PM   
Joedini

quote:

quote:

S5 deleted scenes.

Neighbours fan.

That I am! Aswell as many other things.  Anyway i'm sure the IMDB forums are eagerly awaiting your return. Ile leave you to the sure to be incoming mods

(in reply to Bored.)
Post #: 16
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 27/10/2009 5:28:31 PM   
DJ Rob C: Mark II!

24 is my favourite show.... but please NO dissing Chuck, its awesome 

When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die

Third Highest Post Count on the Forum, sad but proud!

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 17
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 27/10/2009 7:54:57 PM   
Zaphod121

Chuck is definitely better than Season 6 and 7 of 24.

(in reply to DJ Rob C: Mark II!)
Post #: 18
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 27/10/2009 8:13:00 PM   
DJ Rob C: Mark II!

You know, despite being a huge 24 fan and liking S7... I'm going to agree with you there 

When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die

Third Highest Post Count on the Forum, sad but proud!

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 19
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 25/11/2009 6:38:47 PM   
HughesRoss

SKYS....constant trailer for DAY 8 is doing my head in....I want it to start now.......DAMMN IT......

Our first ever HCF MOVIE AWARDS

http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/2012/01/horrorcultfilms-movie-awards-of-2011-all-the-winners-right-here-of-our-first-ever-hcf-awards/

(in reply to DJ Rob C: Mark II!)
Post #: 20
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 17/1/2010 7:10:53 PM   
Castor Troy

Does it start tonight??!!

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 21
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 17/1/2010 7:15:39 PM   
Joedini

Indeed! double episode. My aunt should have it ready for me by the time I finish work 

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 22
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 18/1/2010 12:34:09 PM   
pedros

I am in such a quandry about this, I haven't seen series 7 yet but don't want to miss out on this new series! Series 7 is on my lovefilm list, I managed to get through the 5th series of Lost from lovefilm in about 2 weeks, so anticipate doing the same for 24 but I don't have sky+ nor do I have any form of recording equipment so that I can tape it until I have caught up on the last series. This is such a ballache!

I'd rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth.

Hey, wha' happened???

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 23
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 18/1/2010 2:09:22 PM   
igotnewlegs

quote:

ORIGINAL: pedros

I am in such a quandry about this, I haven't seen series 7 yet but don't want to miss out on this new series! Series 7 is on my lovefilm list, I managed to get through the 5th series of Lost from lovefilm in about 2 weeks, so anticipate doing the same for 24 but I don't have sky+ nor do I have any form of recording equipment so that I can tape it until I have caught up on the last series. This is such a ballache!

I would watch s7 first. There are a few things that happen in that series that may effect this one. Saying that I'm not sure just how much it would spoil because I don't know the story of day 8. However, knowing 24 they do tend to bring up characters or plot points from previous days so at the end of the day it'll be your call. The worst you'll do is spoil certain twists in series 7 for yourself.

My auntie couldn't find last night's eps this morning so I'll be watching it tomorrow now. Can't wait - its been a long time since one of 'my programs' was on the box.

Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon.
Woody Allen

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
Douglas Adams

(in reply to pedros)
Post #: 24
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 18/1/2010 2:44:09 PM   
pedros

I was thinking about temporarily upgrading my lovefilm account to 3 discs at a time to try and watch S7 in about 2 weeks and getting my mum to Sky + this new series, but I probably won't be going back home till March so that's not really feasible. I don't understand this whole torrent downloading lark - is there a website that streams episodes? I vaguely remember someone mentioning something like this on the Lost thread?

Hey, wha' happened???

(in reply to igotnewlegs)
Post #: 25
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 18/1/2010 3:16:44 PM   
jcthefirst

How hot is Renee? I mean seriously. In the 30 second ad where she's talking about Jack being awesome, and then she gets out of the car herself.

Yowsa!

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to pedros)
Post #: 26
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 18/1/2010 5:01:50 PM   
igotnewlegs

quote:

I was thinking about temporarily upgrading my lovefilm account to 3 discs at a time to try and watch S7 in about 2 weeks and getting my mum to Sky + this new series, but I probably won't be going back home till March so that's not really feasible. I don't understand this whole torrent downloading lark - is there a website that streams episodes? I vaguely remember someone mentioning something like this on the Lost thread?

We can't talk about that here. Remember, we all have our American aunt send it over to us.

Though I'm sure someone could PM you details, if such a thing existed...

Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon.
Woody Allen

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
Douglas Adams

(in reply to pedros)
Post #: 27
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 18/1/2010 6:13:39 PM   
pedros

quote:

ORIGINAL: igotnewlegs

quote:

We can't talk about that here. Remember, we all have our American aunt send it over to us.

Though I'm sure someone could PM you details, if such a thing existed...

I wasn't sure if a streaming website was the same legally as the torrent ones, and I do remember a few mods who were interested in the one mentioned in the Lost thread! No worries, if anyone knows anything then a PM would be much appreciated

Hey, wha' happened???

(in reply to igotnewlegs)
Post #: 28
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 18/1/2010 9:52:03 PM   
Mycroft

That was a bit meh. Standard assassination plot, a middle-eastern leader with an Indian accent, a terrorist with a bad Eastern European accent and a Kim cameo. Why've they caged Katee Sackhoff in a tech role? They should've just given her Prinze Jr's job

(in reply to pedros)
Post #: 29
RE: 24 Season 8 – US Speed - 18/1/2010 10:10:14 PM   
Chojin

I've only managed to watch ep1 so far, but I also give it a big old 'meh'. Maybe it'll pick up later on.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Mycroft)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> 24 Season 8 – US Speed Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI