Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition Box Set (12 Discs) (Blu-ray)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition Box Set (12 Discs) (Blu-ray) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 21/5/2013 10:00:56 AM   
Brundlesflies

While I'm by no means a Trekkie/Trekker (which was which!?!) I do have a soft spot for most of the films - still remember being blown away by Wrath of Khan at the cinema as a kid - and have been seriously considering laying down a few notes for this..

CLICKY!

..but wanted to get the views of some of you guys before I did. Now I've seen all the films, bar Nemesis (no particular reason, just haven't got round to watching yet) so I know what I'm in for in that respect. What I wanted was a view on whether it's worth spending 60 notes on the blu-rays? Is the pic/sound quality much improved and are the extras any good?

I know these aren't the extended editions, but not really too bothered about that (wouldn't mind seeing the Dir Cut of TMP, but not going to loose any sleep over it's non-inclusion)

So, over to you guys n' gals - worth buying or not?

"The Daily Mail isn't technically a newspaper, more a serialised Necronomicon." C. Brooker
My DVD's

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 91
RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 24/5/2013 11:19:49 AM   
jackcarter

anyone know if they are in seperate cases (like the previous BR set) or if they in some kind of plastic book holder?

(in reply to Brundlesflies)
Post #: 92
RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 25/5/2013 1:26:11 PM   
rich

Not having the director's cuts makes it a bit pointless, can't tell if the extras compare to the two disc sets without checking

Meanwhile...

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 93
RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 25/5/2013 8:24:16 PM   
moontheloon

quote:

ORIGINAL: jackcarter

anyone know if they are in seperate cases (like the previous BR set) or if they in some kind of plastic book holder?

They're all on trays inside the set, definitely not separate cases.

A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between he does what he wants to do

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 94
RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 25/5/2013 11:46:48 PM   
jackcarter

thanks in that case i'll get the previous ones (better looking box anyway)

(in reply to moontheloon)
Post #: 95
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition Box Set (12 Discs) (Blu-ray) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI