Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition Box Set (12 Discs) (Blu-ray)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition Box Set (12 Discs) (Blu-ray) Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition Box... - 8/10/2009 5:48:33 PM   
coolstar

• Includes 2 Bonus discs of special features that go behind the scenes of all 10 movies and comprehensive features for each individual title including:

• Star Trek Summit: Parts 1-3
  • Audio commentaries on each film
  • A massive selection of featurettes taking in aspect of the Star Trek universe
  • Cast Interviews
  • Special Effects tests
  • Star Trek trivia
  • Roundtable discussions on each movie

Titles Comprise:

Star Trek I: The Motion Picture: When an unidentified alien destroys three powerful Klingon cruisers, Captain James T. Kirk returns to the newly transformed U.S.S. Enterprise to take command. Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley and the cast from the acclaimed original Star Trek televsion series mobilise at warp speed to stop the alien intruder from its relentless flight toward Earth.

Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan: It is the 23rd century, the Federation Starship U.S.S. Enterprise is on routine training manoeuvres and Khan is back! Aided by his exiled band of genetic supermen, Khan - the brilliant renegade of 20th century Earth - is scheming to set a most deadly trap for his old enemy Kirk... with the threat of a universal Armageddon!

Star Trek III: The Search For Spock: Admiral Kirk's defeat of Khan and the creation of the Genesis planet are empty victories. Spock is dead and McCoy is inexplicably being driven insane. Then a surprise visit from Sarek, Spock's father, provides a startling revelation: McCoy is harbouring Spock's living essence.

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home: A mysterious alien power is threatening Earth by evaporating the oceans and destroying the atmosphere. In a frantic attempt to save mankind, Kirk and his crew must time travel back to 1986 San Francisco, where they find a world of punk, pizza and exact-change buses that are as alien as anything they've ever encountered in the far reaches of the galaxy.

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier: It's Stardate 8454.130 and a vacationing Captain Kirk faces two challenges: Climbing Yosemite's El Capitan and teaching campfire songs to Spock. But vacations are cut short when a renegade Vulcan hijacks the Enterprise, and pilots it on a journey to uncover the universe's innermost secrets.

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country: After years at war, the Federation and the Klingon empire prepare for a peace summit. But the prospect of intergalactic glasnost with sworn enemies is an alarming one to Admiral Kirk. When a Klingon ship is attacked and the Enterprise is held accountable, the dogs of war are unleashed again, as both worlds brace for what may be their final, deadly encounter...

Star Trek VII: Generations:: Captain Jean-Luc Picard and the crew of Enterprise-D rescue a physicist named Soran. Unbeknownst to Picard, Soran harbors a deadly plan that includes the destruction of the Enterprise and millions of lives. Now Picard's only hope for a future rests within in the Nexus and a legendary captain from the past.

Star Trek VIII: First Contact: They call themselves the Borg - a half-organic, half machine collective with a sole purpose: to conquer and assimilate all races. Led by their seductive and sadistic queen, the Borg are headed to Earth with a devious plan to alter history.

Star Trek IX: Insurrection: From the beginning of the Federation, the Prime Directive was clear: no Starfleet expedition may interfere with the natural development of other civilizations. But now Picard is confronted with orders that undermine that decree and must rebel against Starfleet to lead the insurrection to preserve Paradise.

Star Trek X: Nemesis: Learning that the Romulans have undergone a political upheaval and their new Praetor, Shinzon, wants to discuss a peace treaty with the Federation, Picard and his crew must investigate the situation and determine Shinzon's sincerity.

Due for release on 16/11/2009 for 132.99

I am going Deep Deep undercover
  • Post #: 1
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 8/10/2009 6:03:52 PM   
    adambatman82

This must be a record year for Trek releases.

(in reply to coolstar)
    Post #: 2
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 9/10/2009 11:27:12 PM   
    juanvasquez

I'm not the biggest fan of the next gen movies (bar First Contact, which is awesome!), but I may get this. When it drops in price of course. I love the original crew movies, they are all great, but don't own them, so this may be the box set for me.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to adambatman82)
    Post #: 3
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 10/10/2009 11:46:45 PM   
    homersimpson_esq

Awesome, I was hoping a new ten film set would be re-released. I'll be getting this when it drops to a realistic price! 

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
    A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to juanvasquez)
    Post #: 4
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 17/10/2009 9:50:52 PM   
    juanvasquez

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/11416898/Star-Trek-Films-I-X-Remastered-Special-Edition-Box-Set/Product.html

Quite like the look of it myself.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
    Post #: 5
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 17/10/2009 10:00:15 PM   
    homersimpson_esq

Awesome! And 50 is much more reasonable for 10 films. And an awesome looking box too! 

Bristol Bad Film Club
    A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

Post #: 6
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 17/10/2009 10:01:14 PM   
    homersimpson_esq

...looking at my two most recent posts on this thread, I have come to two conclusions. 1. I overuse the word 'awesome'. 2. Star Trek IS awesome.

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 7
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 17/10/2009 10:15:48 PM   
    juanvasquez

It is indeed AWESOME!

Just a shame it took the new movie coming out for me to discover that!

Post #: 8
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 18/10/2009 11:53:46 AM   
    darth silas

What i want to know is,is the version of the Motion Picture prersented in this set the special edition or the vastly inferior theatrical edition that presented on the Blu Ray set?

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

Post #: 9
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 18/10/2009 12:06:21 PM   
    Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

What i want to know is,is the version of the Motion Picture prersented in this set the special edition or the vastly inferior theatrical edition that presented on the Blu Ray set?

Seeing as how the extras are the same as the Blu-Ray set released earlier this year I would say that it is the theatrical edition. Unless Paramount pay for the HD transfer of the Director Cut scenes it will never be out on Blu -Ray.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to darth silas)
    Post #: 10
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 3/9/2011 5:52:35 PM   
    Rgirvan44

It appears a remastering project for TNG onto Blu Ray is happening - they are basically rebuilding 4 episodes from the ground up and putting them out on Blu Ray to test the waters. The pilot will be one of them. If they release Best of Both Worlds as a remastered HD experience I may pick it up.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
    Post #: 11
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 3/9/2011 6:00:49 PM   
    Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

It appears a remastering project for TNG onto Blu Ray is happening - they are basically rebuilding 4 episodes from the ground up and putting them out on Blu Ray to test the waters. The pilot will be one of them. If they release Best of Both Worlds as a remastered HD experience I may pick it up.

You think they'll add new VFX on to this like they did with the OS?

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
    And I looked and behold, a pale horse
    And his name that sat on him was Death
    And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
    Post #: 12
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 3/9/2011 6:02:24 PM   
    Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

That is exactly what they are doing.

(in reply to Spaldron)
    Post #: 13
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 3/9/2011 6:05:12 PM   
    Scruffybobby

That sounds very interesting - I assume they're doing a similar thing to the TOS remasters. TNG really hasn't aged very well (not such the effects  more the overall design) will be keen to see what they do with it.

Also really rather happy to see the news in that  link that The Rocketeer is coming to blu

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
    Post #: 14
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 3/9/2011 6:07:32 PM   
    Spaldron

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ah cool, so its not just a straight HD transfer then. TBH though compared to the OS, most of the effects in TNG still stand up pretty well, although admittedly I haven't seen them in HD so maybe that's why they're sprucing things up.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
    Post #: 15
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 3/9/2011 6:16:21 PM   
    Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ah cool, so its not just a straight HD transfer then. TBH though compared to the OS, most of the effects in TNG still stand up pretty well, although admittedly I haven't seen them in HD so maybe that's why they're sprucing things up.

While TOS was shot and edited in film, TNG was shot and film, but edited on video. And the special effects were shot on standard video as well. So not only are these remasters putting in new effects in order to bring the series to HD, but they are having to go back to the actual masters of each episode and edit them again. It is a much harder job than the TOS.

For the record I still really enjoy TOS - it holds up better than a lot of the newer Trek and the first three seasons of TNG.

(in reply to Spaldron)
    Post #: 16
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 6/9/2011 1:55:17 PM   
    spark1

wonder if they will merely update some of the effects shots on the TNG blu rays for classic eps like 'best of both worlds'?

< Message edited by spark1 -- 7/9/2011 12:40:18 PM >

(in reply to coolstar)
    Post #: 17
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 6/9/2011 2:03:51 PM   
    Rgirvan44

That is exactly what they are doing - but in order to get interest in the project (and likely help with funding#) they are going to remaster 4 episodes in the first round - the pilot and three others. I would hope and expect them to do The Best of Both Worlds, being one of the more FX heavy, but always VERY popular episodes of the series. Money recouped from this would be invested in getting the other series up to date.

basically with everything going HD, and Trek being a cash cow, Paramount would be wise to do this in order to ensure the series can continue to be sold on HD channels.

(in reply to spark1)
    Post #: 18
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 7/9/2011 12:39:31 PM   
    spark1

quote:

That is exactly what they are doing - but in order to get interest in the project (and likely help with funding#) they are going to remaster 4 episodes in the first round - the pilot and three others. I would hope and expect them to do The Best of Both Worlds, being one of the more FX heavy, but always VERY popular episodes of the series. Money recouped from this would be invested in getting the other series up to date.

basically with everything going HD, and Trek being a cash cow, Paramount would be wise to do this in order to ensure the series can continue to be sold on HD channels.

updating the fx and going h d on all 178 TNG eps seems a tall order for paramount compared to doing the OS eps.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
    Post #: 19
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 7/9/2011 1:15:27 PM   
    Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

quote:

updating the fx and going h d on all 178 TNG eps seems a tall order for paramount compared to doing the OS eps.

That is why they are testing the market out by doing 4 episodes and releasing them - see what the uptake is, what fan response is like etc. And remember, much like TOS - in many instances it will be a matter of reusing the same FX shots.

TNG has been worth half a billion to Paramount in the last two decades - a full HD upgrade will allow the series to contiue to be sold and give it a new lease of life on Blu Ray and TV. I suspect as a long term investment it is a wise choice.

Also - seen the four episodes being done - Farpoint, some Klingon one and The Inner Light.

Gutted about them not doing The Best of Both Worlds - that would have been a day one purhase from me. But still, they are coming out.

(in reply to spark1)
    Post #: 20
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 7/9/2011 2:03:24 PM   
    Darth Marenghi

quote:

Gutted about them not doing The Best of Both Worlds - that would have been a day one purhase from me. But still, they are coming out.

The choices they've made are slightly random (The Inner Light is a bold one though) - The Best of Both Worlds in HD is an absolute no-brainer decision IMO.

< Message edited by Darth Marenghi -- 7/9/2011 2:05:26 PM >

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
    Post #: 21
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 7/9/2011 2:48:10 PM   
    Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

The choices they've made are slightly random (The Inner Light is a bold one though) - The Best of Both Worlds in HD is an absolute no-brainer decision IMO.

I can see why they don't release that (need two BR sets to get both parts), but if you were to throw out a BR with Farpoint, BOBW and Inner Light, the thing would sell like hotcakes.

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
    Post #: 22
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 28/9/2011 10:36:11 PM   
    Rgirvan44

TNG: Remastered trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av35kFHdS50&feature=player_embedded

Effects comparison

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
    Post #: 23
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 29/9/2011 1:16:49 AM   
    directorscut

35 mm film FTW.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
    Post #: 24
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 29/9/2011 1:51:14 AM   
    Spaldron

quote:

TNG: Remastered trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av35kFHdS50&feature=player_embedded

Effects comparison

Holy shitstorms that looks good!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
    Post #: 25
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 29/9/2011 2:47:35 AM   
    NinjaShortbread212

^ Oh wow!

Art

(in reply to Spaldron)
    Post #: 26
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 30/9/2011 12:49:02 PM   
    spark1

the fx designers on the OS blu rays had to work within the 50 mins running time when creating new fx shots.
    Will they have more space to make more changes to the fx in the TNG eps?

< Message edited by spark1 -- 1/10/2011 12:44:46 PM >

(in reply to coolstar)
    Post #: 27
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 23/10/2011 11:27:24 AM   
    spark1

and while they had handling the TNG blu rays i hope they get around to doing a blu ray of the TMP DE too.

(in reply to coolstar)
    Post #: 28
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 23/10/2011 12:36:03 PM   
    Rollo_Tomassi

Yes if they're going to spend some $$$ on new HD masters of TNG then there's really no excuse for not tackling the Director's Edition of The Motion Picture . . . and they can restore the original sound effects while they're at it. I've absoultely no idea why Wise replaced some of those menacing effects with weedy beeps for the new cut.

(in reply to spark1)
    Post #: 29
    RE: Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition... - 10/11/2011 12:06:47 PM   
    spark1

major change to the trek blu ray sampler-

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Star-Trek-Generation-The-Next-Level/16190

(in reply to coolstar)
    Post #: 30
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> Star Trek: Films I - X - Remastered Special Edition Box Set (12 Discs) (Blu-ray) Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
    Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI