Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

National Lampoon's New Vacation

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> National Lampoon's New Vacation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
National Lampoon's New Vacation - 7/10/2009 7:31:20 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
A Vacation None Of Us Need - 7/10/2009 7:31:20 AM   
BenTramer

My God, Chevy Chase looks awful in that photograph. He looks like he's had a lot of plastic surgery and has false teeth (did he get fake glassy eyes too?)

So the guy from New Line is "talking up comparisons with Planes, Trains and Automobiles and Little Miss Sunshine, rather than Are We There Yet?, which also bodes well"? Eh, no it doesn't bode well. It's clearly going to be a dog of a movie. Beware the hack over-praising themselves and their own remake before it opens, it shows that they're trying to convince themselves that they're as good as they say they are (because they KNOW they aren't!). Truly great filmmakers shut up and get on with it and let audiences decide.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Can't wait - 7/10/2009 7:43:19 AM   
keaneye

I think this could be really good, although the casting for Rusty and his family will be important. Not for Rusty in the looks comparison to his younger self cause from which film would you pick and would his, if featuring, be older or younger. I would favour Juliette Lewis to return to her old role, but then that would break the cycle of having different actors playing the kids even though they are all grown up. I like the idea that Rusty, even though he put up with his fathers craziness, ended up just as stubborn and loopy himself and his wife is just as tolerant as his mother. John Krasinski might be a good choice for Rusty actually. I know he has just done an unconventional family comedy, but has similar mannerisms to Chevy Chase.

Post #: 3
Been watching these again recently - 7/10/2009 9:36:41 AM   
chris wootton

Very funny movies. Why not have Anthony Michael Hall back as Rusty, he can do comedy well and has had a career resurgence of late.

Post #: 4
Sounds good to me... - 7/10/2009 10:00:15 AM   
britesparc

Vacation is good, as I remember, Euro pretty awful for the most part with dreadful British stereotypes, and Christmas is absolutely amazing. Hope this lives up to the strengths of the earlier ones (well, apart from Euro, obviously).

Post #: 5
RE: Sounds good to me... - 7/10/2009 10:13:31 AM   
David Somerset

Imagine the scene: An impoverished screenwriter enters the office of a studio bignob, and is forced to spend the duration of the meeting on his knees. He is forbidden from looking the bignob in the eye (if you'll forgive the expression).

Screenwriter: "Please sir, I've cobbled together a script for a comedy. It's a bit like those National Lampoon's Vacation films, only not as good. In fact it's rubbish.

Bignob: "Silence, pipsqueak! Leave it to me, we'll slap the National Lampoon name on it, offer Chevy Chase a one-scene cameo he'll take anything these days and people will flock to see it like idiot sheep attending an idiot sheep convention!

Screenwriter: "Oh, sir, what a splendid idea! It'll make a fortune and I can finally buy some shoes!

Bignob: "Silence, pipsqueak! I'll be the one trousering the cash, thankyou! Now shuffle off back to your one-room bedsit with the bucket-toilet. Your rats must need feeding.

And with that the screenwriter shuffles backwards on his knees out of the office, keeping his head bowed. As he is ejected onto the street by a burly security guard, a single tear falls from his filthy face onto his bare foot. It's the only wash he can afford.

< Message edited by David Somerset -- 7/10/2009 11:25:53 AM >

(in reply to britesparc)
Post #: 6
- 7/10/2009 1:04:42 PM   
Thunderball

I think the Vacation movies are fantastic family entertainment. Vegas vacation was ignored upon release but has some good ideas. The original Vacation and Christmas Vacation are excellent. I've been waiting for a Chevy Chase comeback for sometime and can't wait to see this.

Post #: 7
With a couple of provisos... - 7/10/2009 2:28:35 PM   
MadMatt

...This could be good news. Mainly, get the modern John Hughes, Judd Apatow, to write it. Pay him whatever he wants, but a great script in the Hughes traditional is the most vital thing. And bring back either Anthony Michael Hall (Vacation) or Johnny Galecki (Christmas) to play Rusty.

Post #: 8
Good News. - 7/10/2009 3:15:40 PM   
Christian28

I'm sure that this can't be as bad as Vegas Vacation. I'm all for it!

Post #: 9
- 7/10/2009 5:36:08 PM   
VijayUK

I wonder if we'll get to see Beverly D'Angelo's boobies again.

Post #: 10
The perfect rusty - 8/10/2009 11:36:31 PM   
lethal weapon

I always thought if there was another vacation Ryan Reynolds should be the Clark role. He looks like him. hes funny. and people cant get enough of him. RYAN REYNOLDS SHOULD BE RUSTY GRISWALD

Post #: 11
Beverly D'Angelo - 9/10/2009 12:50:08 AM   
nybras

yumm yumm

Post #: 12
Finally, a new Vacation movie - 17/10/2009 8:50:54 PM   
tomgcumbria

Will be excellent if they do it, hopefully they can get Chevy, Beverly and Randy in on this. The best comedy films ever except for Christmas vacation 2 which was pretty poor.

Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> National Lampoon's New Vacation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI