Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Stallone On Death Wish Remake

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Stallone On Death Wish Remake Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stallone On Death Wish Remake - 1/10/2009 10:29:00 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
The Pen is mightier than the sword...bollocks says The ... - 1/10/2009 10:29:00 AM   
MaxRenn

Death Wish remake...No! Cliffhanger sequal/remake...NO! Edgar Allen Poe, yep, that sounds interesting. As long as he has a gun, a knife and shit blows up of course...oh, and Jason Statham playing Poe.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Charlie Bronson Turns In His Grave - 1/10/2009 10:56:10 AM   
BenTramer

A Death Wish remake with Stallone wouldn't work because we've seen Stallone win in tough situations too many times. If some nerdy guy was taking on the street thugs, you'd be worried the whole time if he was going to beat them. A better movie. Even a zombie Charles Bronson at the vigilante would be a better idea!

Post #: 3
- 1/10/2009 11:19:08 AM   
Leeorami 2.0

Bad idea. Just look how bad the Get Carter remake was.

Post #: 4
Where#s the uncut Workprint version of the original Cli... - 1/10/2009 1:04:39 PM   
TheMadFatChickKiller

C'mon, release that instead, it'll be cheaper than remaking (unless bright fucking spark exec thinks "I know, we won't go on location we'll do it all CGI, like 300, and Spirit, and everything else") so you'll have a rip-roaring mountain adventure, filmed in a small room with guys in green leotards. Sounds like a motherfucking blast

Post #: 5
RE: Charlie Bronson Turns In His Grave - 1/10/2009 1:09:36 PM   
TheMadFatChickKiller

quote:

Even a zombie Charles Bronson at the vigilante would be a better idea!

Great idea - but how would we tell the difference?
quote:

A Death Wish remake with Stallone wouldn't work because we've seen Stallone win in tough situations too many times. If some nerdy guy was taking on the street thugs, you'd be worried the whole time if he was going to beat them.

Erm, the film would be called 'Deathwish'? Pretty much a solid guarantee the neb would triumph, whether it's Stallone (c'mon, he's 64 it's like beating up your Grandad) or Emo fucking Phillips (now there's a motherfucking casting decision)

It's my way, or the highway...

(in reply to BenTramer)
Post #: 6
- 1/10/2009 1:14:04 PM   
granny

Going by theoh-so-80s 'Taken' I thought Liam Neeson had already taken up the Death Wish baton from Bronson.

Post #: 7
I love Sly's sense of humour.. - 1/10/2009 1:38:38 PM   
Cameron1975Williams

...Every quote is a funny line! It's charming when a huge star doesn't take themselves, or the business, too seriously.

Post #: 8
sounds GOOD - 1/10/2009 4:15:59 PM   
Snake-Eyes

the idea of Sly doing both 'DEATH WISH' and 'POE' sounds good to me.

Post #: 9
Stallone said after his AICN Q&A that he was droppi... - 1/10/2009 5:30:27 PM   
lisamoorish

This was 2 or 3 years ago now, and I remember the Q&A cos I asked a question and Sly answered it! He asked what the fans thought of remaking Death Wish and the mood in the talkbacks was so negative he said he was dropping the idea.

Post #: 10
RE: Stallone said after his AICN Q&A that he was droppi... - 1/10/2009 11:29:11 PM   
Frank Castle

id love to see a death wish remake with stallone but the beauty of the original was bronson just looked like a normal guy you wouldnt expect to be a vigilante in rambo stallone was ribbed to feck and certainly doesnt look like a normal guy!!

if he hadn't starred in death sentance i would have said kevin bacon would have fit the bill quite well!

Oh and stallone's get carter was better than the original!! What..........

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to lisamoorish)
Post #: 11
Bored of action movies no one will ever top John woo's ... - 2/10/2009 10:52:18 AM   
Horrorguru

Grew up watching stallone movies like Rambo and Cobra, stuff like that, it was a suprise to me that he is an absolute fanatic of the high priest of horror "Poe". I hope he brings the Kurt cobain of the gothic literature to the big screen, for my money Jeffrey combs should play POE as he did a fantatic job in Stuart (re-animator) gordon's The black cat.

Post #: 12
RE: Bored of action movies no one will ever top John wo... - 3/10/2009 8:57:54 AM   
iconzero

Death Wish has already been remade, It's called The Brave One.

"Chief, put out the fire will ya"

(in reply to Horrorguru)
Post #: 13
RE: Bored of action movies no one will ever top John wo... - 3/10/2009 9:07:21 AM   
iconzero

I refuse to watch the Get Carter remake, what next, Vin Diesel doing A Long Good Friday?!!!

But the original Death Wish is shit anyway, so wtf.

"Chief, put out the fire will ya"

(in reply to iconzero)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Stallone On Death Wish Remake Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI