Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Walking Dead

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Walking Dead Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Walking Dead - 22/11/2011 10:47:17 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Dale is really, really creepy. 

He thinks he has a shot! Leave him alone.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 211
RE: The Walking Dead - 23/11/2011 11:05:00 AM   
shool

Yup this episode was a bit slower. I just see Shane as not being able to let go of his relationship with Carl, he still hasnt migrated into a full blown areshole yet for me.

Last episode before mid season break next week, if they dont find that girl dead or alive by next week i'll be writing to my solicitor.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 212
RE: The Walking Dead - 24/11/2011 7:50:19 PM   
Rgirvan44

I've come to accept that it is unlikely we will get a moment like the zombie in the park/rifle montage sequence again. Say what you want about Darabont, that was pure cinema. And excellent music.

Don't think the show has come anywhere near reaching that height again.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 213
RE: The Walking Dead - 24/11/2011 10:59:22 PM   
furrybastard

It's never lived up to the promise of the first episode, has it?  It's like the flaws from the comic magnified by a hundred. Too much talking, too much on-the-nose dialogue, no real sense of danger or suspense, repetetive plots and character moments. They're essentially living in a post-human world but there's no sense of the wider human tragedy at all. And it looks quite dull and cheap (except the zombies, when there are any!)

They really need to kick things into gear and propel the story and characters forward. Right now it's like they've literally taken one issue of the comic and streched it out to a 45 minute running time.

< Message edited by furrybastard -- 24/11/2011 11:00:02 PM >

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 214
RE: The Walking Dead - 25/11/2011 6:26:56 PM   
Captain Black

I've found that, since I've accepted all of that criticism, I've enjoyed the show a lot more. It's still got far too many flaws for me to consider it legitimately good, but enough works at a visceral level (and I do think there's some potential with the characters - especially if they make Daryl the lead) for me to be reasonably entertained each week. But yes, a right kick up the backside in terms of narrative drive would be welcomed.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 215
RE: The Walking Dead - 25/11/2011 7:00:20 PM   
furrybastard

It reminds me of Dexter season 1 where I forgave the obvious problems the show had (that grating voiceover, the 'ghost' father etc.), thinking they were so glaringly obvious that come season 2, all the narrative kinks would be worked out and the show would be all the better for it. Instead they got worse and more problematic and I just had to throw in the towel.

It's much the same anow with The Walking Dead. The first episode was very good but it's been downhill since then. The end of the first season was really quite poor and now this second season - around FIVE hours in total - has just been godawful. Bar the odd zombie scene, nothing works. That scene with Shane was the only interesting thing to happen and now they're just sucking the drama/suspense out of even that moment. Just because it's a zombie show doesn't mean it has to crawl at a zombie pace!

The most frustrating thing (as with the comic) is seeing just how much potential there is here and how they're letting it go completely to waste! One more episode for me and unless it's a serious game-changer (I know it won't be), I'm out.

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 216
RE: The Walking Dead - 26/11/2011 6:07:49 PM   
Shifty Bench

^ This

The show is really dragging now and the characters are so different from the ones in the comics (their characters and their arcs) that I just don't care. It's quite telling, though, that my favourite character (Darryl) isn't even in the comics.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

Post #: 217
RE: The Walking Dead - 26/11/2011 11:37:23 PM   
beebs_

Is Daryl the redneck? He's the best one isn't he?

I can't stand most of the characters. I just don't care. It's so very dull... then a zombie will turn up and it'll get interesting. I do think they crank up the tension well, but it's hard to care for these people. Seriously the little girl is dead! Move on! (I bet somehow she's alive... bullshit!)

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 218
RE: The Walking Dead - 28/11/2011 8:48:17 PM   
bub

Just watched Episode 7.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

That is all.

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 219
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 28/11/2011 10:44:39 PM   
Zaphod121

Heard some people talking about the end of ep 7 and I thought it might be what happened in the end of the first trade of the comics (won't say in fear of spoiling) but nope, did not see that coming. Despite the shows overall problems (they really to get things moving quicker) that did pack quite the punch, bravo.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to bub)
Post #: 220
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 28/11/2011 11:19:34 PM   
Rgirvan44

I honestly didn't care when Sophia turned up. I don't know her, I don't have any feelings about her and the pay off wasn't worth an entire half seasons worth of plotting.

What I did like was Shane - he at least brings something to the table that is different from the rest.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 221
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 28/11/2011 11:39:06 PM   
beebs_

See, I hate Shane.

But.

He does bring something different. A different kind of tension.

Well finally they found Sophia eh? Ha!

"Paramasturbatory"?

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 222
RE: The Walking Dead - 29/11/2011 12:00:03 AM   
kumar

Aw ye

Loved the look on the first zombie as he walked out of the barn, was very menacing.

Also Shane is in ultimate super galactic cunt mode.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 223
RE: The Walking Dead - 29/11/2011 10:09:01 AM   
Timon

See, while Shane is a dick - to a degree, he is right.

As for Hershel - what a dick.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 224
RE: The Walking Dead - 29/11/2011 1:18:00 PM   
shool

Great ending.
I have a love hate relationship with shane though. He is complex and adds some great diversity to the show, but I really dont want him to get any upper hand or drive and wedges between Rick and his family.

[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 225
RE: The Walking Dead - 1/12/2011 5:36:25 PM   
Captain Black

It was a great ending - which is fortunate because the bulk of the rest of the episode was distinctly average. I think Shane's progression was waaay too quick though; he's gone from being one pragmatic worldview with a few guilty secrets to one-note villain and potential problem for the group in about an episode and a bit. But that's this show all over: it gives with one hand, takes away with the other.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 226
RE: The Walking Dead - 1/12/2011 5:48:51 PM   
Rgirvan44

Rick's special abilty seems to be able to kill little girls. 

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 227
RE: The Walking Dead - 10/12/2011 12:36:06 PM   
ChickMagnet

I'll be honest I waned off on this series a bit and until this week didn't even bother watching episodes 5, 6 or 7 (I did read the spoilers on them so knew what happened), decided to finally watch them this morning and that ending was pretty much what the show needed to get me interested again, hell when Darryl stopped Sophia's mum from going to her I was nearly in tears myself, roll on February!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 228
RE: The Walking Dead - 7/1/2012 7:48:54 PM   
Timon

Frank Darabont on his proposed Season 2 opener and why Sam Witwer (Crashdown in BSG and star of Star Wars: Force Unleashed) was the zombie in the tank.

This would have been awesome.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52526

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 229
RE: The Walking Dead - 7/1/2012 9:21:40 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

That would have been awesome. Now I'm pissed we'llnever get to see it....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 230
RE: The Walking Dead - 7/1/2012 9:49:11 PM   
furrybastard

Sounds a lot more interesting than the season opener we did get anyway. At least Darabont knows how to move the action forward!

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 231
RE: The Walking Dead - 7/1/2012 11:15:49 PM   
jcthefirst

I really really like Sam Witwer. He seems like a really cool guy.

He's the type of guy I'd love to meet at a con or something.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

Post #: 232
RE: The Walking Dead - 7/1/2012 11:54:37 PM   
elab49

For me, that sounds like a fairly pointless opening episode that seems to keep going with the 'must have flashbacks' that runs through a lot of US genre TV. I'd hesitate to blame Lost, but I don't think that particularly helped.

I'm just not sure of the point of essentially a standalone episode showing us a city going down and going backwards like that. It would feel like a lack of confidence in a story going forward (which would be the case with the not overly impressive first half of S2). The excuse of introducing certain relationships also seems pointless given the focus on their strength and development has told us all we need to know about them.

I got the impression from the 'oh but the 2nd half of S2 will be this that and the other' that the makers themselves possibly picked up on some in the audience losing a bit of interest so hopefully that will pan out. Personally, I have no issue with the dealing of interelationships within a scenario where the world is falling apart, but I am sick to the back teeth of Shane/Lori/Rick. Shane going psycho is generally interesting, but the writing/acting for Calles has been dreary and Rick is becoming just a tad boring. So if they keep the soap crap to the margins that'd be good for me.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 233
RE: The Walking Dead - 8/1/2012 9:43:16 PM   
Sledge Hammer

just found out about this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead:_Torn_Apart

they are on youtube but not available in the UK.

Can anyone provide me with a link - would be interested!

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 234
RE: The Walking Dead - 9/1/2012 1:17:59 AM   
elab49

http://www.movieweb.com/tv/TEAElfoKTM7aDJ/webisode

They seem to be viewable for us on this site

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 235
RE: The Walking Dead - 14/2/2012 7:01:59 PM   
bub

Watched the new episode last night. A very good episode that went along at a decent pace. It felt so refreshing having an episode that doesn't revolve around looking for Sophia.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 236
RE: The Walking Dead - 15/2/2012 2:35:13 PM   
shool

Yup good episode. I nice reopener after the break.

(in reply to bub)
Post #: 237
RE: The Walking Dead - 15/2/2012 7:06:25 PM   
beebs_

How useless is that woman who crashed the car (I hardly know any of the characters names...)? Really? What the hell!

Still this was a good episode.

It was all about Rene from True Blood turning up with he's fat friend. Good stuff.

"Paramasturbatory"?

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 238
RE: The Walking Dead - 18/2/2012 10:09:20 PM   
Captain Black

Lori? She is just the worst. And I really liked Sarah Wayne Callies in Prison Break too, so I'm mainly blaming the writing. Of course, it's difficult to badly act 'terrible driver' but there you go.

Good Rick episode - the scene in the bar is one of the best dialogue segments they've done, really elevated by Michael Raymond James (I like to think of him as Britt from Terriers) and the good bit of quick draw action. Lincoln was clearly cast on his ability to perform that head tilt into camera look.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 239
RE: The Walking Dead - 19/2/2012 12:12:29 PM   
Proudfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: beebs_

It was all about Rene from True Blood turning up with he's fat friend. Good stuff.

What are you talking about? That was obviously Britt from Terriers.

Great scene btw.

"I hear Nebraska's nice..."

"We must never forget that we are human, and as humans we dream, and when we dream we dream of money."

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Walking Dead Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI