Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  11 12 13 [14] 15   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 1/4/2013 3:52:38 PM   
Shifty Bench

I personally think it did. It ended with some hope, something that wasn't evident in the other finales. Rick is getting more focus while his nemesis loses his marbles. That turn with Governor shocked me, I didn't expect that but I totally expected what happened to Andrea. I wasn't her biggest fan (she is one of my favourites in the comics) but mostly due to the reactions of the other characters, I was moved. And I'm glad the Gov lived to see another day, especially considering just how far gone he is now. And holy shit, Carl........

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 391
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 1/4/2013 4:05:51 PM   
Captain Black

Certainly a few desciions that I'll describe as interesting - the Governor surviving is a questionable one, particularly the way he's such a cartoon villain. Just give him a moustache to twirl and be done with it. Keep the eye patch though, really like that. And yes, Andrea's death scene was really well handled, I'm going to give some credit to Laurie Holden, who didn't overplay it at all. But overall it didn't really have the oomph of a season finale, even though I wasn't against them not going down the obvious route and having a big gunfight at the prison.

Also from my suggestion box: Daryl needs to get a lever action shotgun, so he can blow away zombies on his motorbike, Arnie-in-T2-style (AMC, call me!).

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 392
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 1/4/2013 5:47:55 PM   
Larry of Arabia

The finale of season 2 is one of my favorite episodes of all three seasons (Michonne's intro in particular), so I wasn't expecting this to top it, but I maybe would have liked a little more. I was half expecting the group to pack up and leave for a new location for the upcoming season, not sure how the prison story is going to develop. After the fantastic first half of the season it kinda didn't know what to do with itself, I think. Andrea's death did make my bottom lip wobble though. She was a pain in arse a lot of the time but her final scene was up there with Dale's in the tearjerker stakes.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 393
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 1/4/2013 5:52:41 PM   
Sledge Hammer

It was good but underwhelming.

And what happened to the Governor - where did he go? I thought he was going back to finish them off.......

The opening attack reminded me of Rambo 4. Thats a good thing by the way!

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 394
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 1/4/2013 8:15:22 PM   
kumar

I was wondering how future seasons would pan out in terms of characters. Im a little frustrated with our current lot, and I would hate to have them completely "spent" by the end of the show. Would it be a stretch to switch completely to another group and start from scratch? I suppose the massive influx to the group could resolve that, though i see many of them ending up as canon fodder like pretty much every other new person bar michone.

I liked the finale though. It felt very fresh and at least remained new- not a rehash of s1 or s2 finales. Other than finishing up with the Gov and his remaining men, where can the series go? The time elapsed since the show began cant be more than 1.5 years and we have established pretty much all there needs to be about their world. Seeing the same thing, people dying, maturing could get pretty boring, with no resolve in sight. Perhaps the show would end rather risking being stale (cant see it happening).

edit: I would have thought our group take over Woodsbury. The prison is totally knackered now and Woofbury is in far better shape, and better equiped to live in!

< Message edited by kumar -- 1/4/2013 8:16:16 PM >

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 395
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 1/4/2013 8:21:29 PM   
CORLEONE

Underwhelming. Not sure what to expect for season 4? Guvnor coming back again? The fact they've brought some back from Woodberry was nice, but shacking up in the prison again doesn't excite me at all.

The Guvnor's run his course as the villain and should have been wasted in this last episode. Unless of course there's some sensational plot twist coming from the comics I'm not aware of....

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 396
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 1/4/2013 8:40:49 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE
Unless of course there's some sensational plot twist coming from the comics I'm not aware of....

As evidenced with this latest episode, the plot in the comics doesn't really matter that much.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 1/4/2013 8:41:30 PM >

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 397
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 1/4/2013 8:47:48 PM   
kumar

Im sure writers have planned what to do with the left over guys. Writers have been consistently stellar. The only slight misfire I found was the early part of S2 looking for sophia, but there was a tasty reveal to that line, and then again, im sure the writers knew that Andrea had run her course and finished her off. I do see the resolution coming quickly in S4 though. Maybe the woodbury survivors seek vengeance against our groups wishes and Rick and co realise they need to be alone, and relocate to Woodbury?

My slight concern is where to go next. We have seen that this zombie thing will not end so long as humans are alive, a breakdown of modern society and both zombies and humans as villains. Will zombie animals be next? I dont see where the entire thing will end, where it is going, unless gradually gradually our group of survivors will dwindle and be replaced by characters like Tyrese.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 398
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 2/4/2013 2:07:57 AM   
Larry of Arabia

I'd like to see a bit of a bigger picture from the next season, like what the government/military have been doing - reminiscent of meeting Jenner at the CDC facility in Season 1 - seeing as it's been on pretty small scale since they left Atlanta. Maybe they don't have the budget for it though. Also:

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 399
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 2/4/2013 2:31:54 AM   
Shifty Bench

That pic is awesome and my new desktop wallpaper

Love the 'green screen' sock on Scott Wilson's foot, too.

Post #: 400
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 2/4/2013 10:12:37 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Larry of Arabia

I'd like to see a bit of a bigger picture from the next season, like what the government/military have been doing - reminiscent of meeting Jenner at the CDC facility in Season 1 - seeing as it's been on pretty small scale since they left Atlanta. Maybe they don't have the budget for it though. Also:

Maybe they don't want to? That's often where these post-apocalyptic things go to pot. Just look at how ludicrous the likes of Jericho got trying to bring them in.

There was a taster of how it went bad with the National Guard troop - and the fact that too many don't know natural death makes them turn. Pop the high ups in a bunker, Cheney's heart would go and they'd all be screwed

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

Post #: 401
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 3/4/2013 1:09:31 PM   
Y2Neildotcom

I've loved this season, although it's jumped rather a lot in places, especially the last few. I didn't expect them to tie up all the loose ends in the finale and I'm so glad the Govenor lives to fight another day. I've been more than impressed with David Morrisey and look forward to seeing him again.

Although I don't want S4E01 to be him plotting his revenge. Lets settle down with the new folk, lets explore the area and face the danger of the undead again only for the Guv to make his return for the mid-season finale having him found a new group and taken over, ruling with an iron fist, perhaps like Negan in the comics?

I was disappointed with the exit of Merle, certainly thought we'd get a bit more of his redemption or he loses the other hand :) But really great stuff from Rooker and Reedus.

Hopefully they'll rebuild and expand, we could see some flash-backs for Tyreese and perhaps an infiltration of Woodbury for supplies finds some surprises?

I shook throughout the finale and if it wasn't for Mad Men returning, would be pining for season four.

| www.y2neil.com |

"You kill or you die. Or you die then you kill".

"Your B.F's about to get F'd in the B!"

(in reply to morg1138)
Post #: 402
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 5/4/2013 10:12:05 AM   
Timon

It was a good finale, but I hope Season 4 doesn't spend too long on the new 'Woodbury lot' distrusting the old gang for too long. In fact, I'd like 6 months or so to have passed and they're all working as a team, they've cleared the prison out and they're (reasonably) secure. That way we can have a new threat. Perhaps an incoming herd of walkers. Or roving gangs of raiders.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Y2Neildotcom)
Post #: 403
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 8/4/2013 11:20:07 AM   
discodave101

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

It was a good finale, but I hope Season 4 doesn't spend too long on the new 'Woodbury lot' distrusting the old gang for too long. In fact, I'd like 6 months or so to have passed and they're all working as a team, they've cleared the prison out and they're (reasonably) secure. That way we can have a new threat. Perhaps an incoming herd of walkers. Or roving gangs of raiders.

For the sake of not having the child actors (carl) not ageing ridiculously fast on screen, I'd have thought they'd always have to do a bit of a skip like this between seasons like they did at the start of season 3?

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 404
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 20/7/2013 9:26:51 PM   
SWOTBM

Walking Dead season 4 trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxg27QsaIEY

Looks pretty interesting. I'm hoping that's is all footage from early episodes and we can get the group on the road again. Who do we think is sabotaging the prison? The governor? Someone on Rick's group? Or someone new? Whoever it is, it blatantly leads to Tyreese's sister getting killed; he looked like he had a deathwish towards the end of the trailer.

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 405
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 28/7/2013 7:51:14 PM   
Captain Black

People Heavy weaponary are is the best defence against walkers...or people.

Not bad as trailers go, and although it doesn't demonstrate anything terribly new or exciting, there's not particularly wrong with that. We're in it for the long haul.

I was gonna ask about the comic for a second, but I can happily look that up. This isn't Game of Thrones.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 406
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 14/10/2013 9:33:41 AM   
galvatron

Season opener was on last night? Anyone watch it? I thought it was a good episode.

Post #: 407
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 14/10/2013 11:27:57 AM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: galvatron

Season opener was on last night? Anyone watch it? I thought it was a good episode.

Watching it when i get home.
Heard a rumour Abraham is in this season from the comics.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 408
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 15/10/2013 9:39:11 PM   
Captain Black

It were good even though not a lot happened really. The show tends to work better at slower pace, probably because plot has never been its strength, so it doesn't feel like it's coming off the rails. Crazy Lady in the Woods was a very good (Kerry Condon I believe) and quite affecting, even though the outcome only had about 3 possibilities, so wasn't a huge shock. They managed to put a bit more humour and low key character interaction into it too, which is always good.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 409
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 21/10/2013 8:54:42 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

It were good even though not a lot happened really.

Agreed.

It seem's to be setting Carol up for a bigger part. She's kind of been in the background since her daughter got eaten.

Shame about the young lad, I thought he was going to be a Darryl protege but nope, munched.

I'm actually just glad it's back on, I've been missing it. I'm thinking about giving the comics a whirl, but it seems to be small fortune to get the two annuals or whatever their called.

Post #: 410
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 21/10/2013 2:22:47 PM   
galvatron

That was a very bleak ending to the second episode.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 411
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 21/10/2013 10:33:03 PM   
Captain Black

Sure was. Don't know if I'm just atuned to its quality level right now, but I've quite enjoyed these last two. Despite having its origins in a comic, I'm really become a show that works much better as episodic entertainment, rather than concerning itself with any form of on-going story. It's also quite remarkable that Carol's pretty much my favourite character at the moment considering they've gave her absolutely nothing to do for the first two and half seasons of the show. Two zombie moments in particular that made me chuckle and heave: the bit when intestines dropped out of one of the them in the prison, and the bit where one of their faces tore up on the fence.

And I share Rick's pain. Man, I couldn't do without bacon.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 412
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 23/10/2013 7:05:54 PM   
beebs_

quote:

ORIGINAL: galvatron

That was a very bleak ending to the second episode.

Errr, haven't you watched this show for the past 3 years. It's all about the bleak. It's just so damn grim.

quote:

And I share Rick's pain. Man, I couldn't do without bacon.

Indeed!

But I'm still team Daryl, he's my favourite. Original right?

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 413
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 5/11/2013 3:03:44 PM   
Larry of Arabia

Was not expecting Rick to do that to Carol, although the whole killing folk and burning them thing is probably a slippery slope you wouldn't want someone to be on. Those hippy kids turning up dead didn't really say much about her 'man-up' policy anyway.

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 414
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 8/11/2013 4:35:18 AM   
Proudfoot

So, Carol just kind of suddenly became a cruel killer.

I know they showed her playing with knifes, but that's still some odd writing.

All the dialogue between her and Rick felt goofy and too on the nose. She's a hardened woman now, we get it. We kind of got it when she started with the whole murdering thing.

"We must never forget that we are human, and as humans we dream, and when we dream we dream of money."

Post #: 415
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 9/11/2013 9:27:02 PM   
Captain Black

As executed the Carol storyline didn't quite work for me. It wasn't a bad idea, but seemed a little rushed. I think if it had an extra episode or two to hint at her motives it might have carried a bit more force. I think it'll depend on how they follow it up; whether or not she disappears for a bit or gets involved again fairly quickly.Nevertheless, pretty solid few episodes.

Was it mentioned that there's going to be a spin-off series? Well there is, not sure what form that will take.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Proudfoot)
Post #: 416
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 12/11/2013 12:02:46 PM   
Larry of Arabia

Well, that livened up a bit in the end. I had the feeling watching Hershel and Glen getting existential in the sick bay that we were heading into another standstill plot-wise, like on the farm. Wonder what Darryl will say about Carol getting the heave-ho. Also Carl was surprisingly not as annoying when he was helping Rick.

Post #: 417
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 17/11/2013 6:05:23 PM   
Captain Black

Pretty tense stuff. A lot of credit goes to the sound design. I'm not clear on something though: what happened to the girl who got (accidentally) shot? They didn't follow up on that at all, which was weird the way it was cut together.

Not thrilled to see the Guv'nor return when the Daryl/Rick conversation about Carol is far more interesting at this stage.

Invisiotext:

Post #: 418
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 17/11/2013 6:44:47 PM   
Larry of Arabia

She wasn't someone who was a known character (or at least I don't remember her being one) so I don't think there would be a need to follow up. She got hit in the chest as well so I take it she died.

Post #: 419
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 17/11/2013 7:30:59 PM   
Captain Black

Oh right, cheers.

Invisiotext:

Post #: 420
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 13 [14] 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  11 12 13 [14] 15   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI