Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 19/2/2013 1:23:25 AM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM
I thought the shoot-out was pretty comical considering what a crackshot each and every one of the survivors are against walkers, but when they have to shoot other survivors they all of a sudden turn into a bunch of stormtroopers

Well, to be fair, zombies don't have guns and don't really hide behind car doors or trees to avoid bullets....

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 19/2/2013 2:10:45 AM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 361
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 20/2/2013 5:50:27 PM   
Captain Black

Y'know that's the thing about some of the set-pieces in this show: they're got silly stuff in them and are quite limited (forgiveble; it is TV after all) but despite all that they really do work well. Even if you don't care about any of the characters (alas poor Axle, we hardly knew ye) they still have impact.

At the start when Rick sees Ghost Lori, anyone else thing they were going to do a cheap gag where they cut to her face and she's all zombiefied?

And Carol reminds me of Teri Bauer more and more.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 362
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 26/2/2013 1:17:35 AM   
Larry of Arabia

Here I was thinking Cutty's group was going to join up with Rick's group and help him defend the prison, looks like they're going to end up as random angry townsfolk. Oh well, at least Andrea never disappoints in being consistently dim, even if her reunion with the group kind of underwhelmed - I was hoping for a better reveal back when she was left behind at the farm. Not sure if I like angry Glen either, he got on my tits shouting at folk these last couple of eps. I get the feeling a cat is going to be placed amongst some pigeon's soon anyway, so not too much of a bother.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 363
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 1/3/2013 1:55:23 PM   
shool

Thought this last episode was the weakest in a long while. Hope mondays picks up the pace again.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 364
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 4/3/2013 6:44:41 PM   
SWOTBM

That was a damn fine episode. I know it didn't exactly move the plot forward (did they even show Woodbury/the prison?), but it was so awesome to finally have the Morgan side-story resolved (for now?). So clever how they used the music from season 1 when rick was looking at the gun/walkie-talkie; I got the feeling it was pulling Rick back from brink, showing him what kind of a man he used to be (and what he could end up [Morgan] like if he carries on pushing people away). It was nice to see Michonne developed and integrated into the group; hopefully she will have turned the corner and become less annoying from now on. The bit with the backpacker was brutal; I was expecting him to have turned into a walker, but the reversing and taking the backpack was so matter of factly and pragmatic.

Also, at the end of the episode there was a promo for the walking dead episodes in black and white. That would look freaking amazing, anyone know which episodes they are showing?

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 365
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 5/3/2013 8:23:20 AM   
galvatron

That was a great episode. I was praying for Morgan to come with them. He would've been bad ass. Some brilliant acting. I'm really liking Michone now. Hoping for a big time show down with the Governor soon.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 366
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 5/3/2013 5:57:47 PM   
Captain Black

Preceding one was a bit weak, but this was excellent - I'm tempted to say 'since the pilot', just to make it a cliche.

Michonne's been quite problematic as a character for a while now, but she got some good material here which made her more like a person and less like an action figure. And the young actor playing Carl is actually quite decent and has been for quite some time. Perhaps obviously, it was Lennie James's show though. Glad to see him back even if it wasn't a happy reunion - the monologue where he describes what happened to Duane was admirably underplayed and all the better for it.

I take it the show's 16 episodes this season?

Invisiotext:

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 367
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 6/3/2013 4:10:31 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

I take it the show's 16 episodes this season?

Yup. And quite conveniently the last episode is on the 31/3/13 (i.e. the same day that season 3 of Game of Thrones starts )

Post #: 368
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 6/3/2013 10:41:21 PM   
beebs_

Monday the 1st April will be grrrrrrrrreat! Bank Holiday and all!

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 369
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 11/3/2013 12:09:40 PM   
galvatron

Another top notch episode. Loved the confrontation between Rick and The Guv. But also loved the moment between Darrell and Ramierez (think that's his name) it's also becoming clear that Milton isn't in line anymore. What are the odds on him to kill the Guv?

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 370
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 11/3/2013 5:41:03 PM   
kumar

I thought it suffered a little pacing issues... the meeting at the start had me thinking I had missed an episode. Generally thought the new one was plain filler and didnt really take us anywhere. We know there is going to be a full fight, but I was sure the first time our two leaders met each other would be the last time.

Having said that I really enjoyed the one before with the Father from the pilot. Sad stuff, but a really good episode.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 371
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 11/3/2013 6:06:48 PM   
Shifty Bench

I thought it was a character piece rather than total filler. It got us into their heads a bit, especially the Gov's men. It is pure set up for what's to come, though.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 372
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 11/3/2013 11:05:31 PM   
SWOTBM

It would have been tough to top last week's episode, but I thought this one was a solid offering. The sit-down between Rick and the governor was done well imo. The way the negotiations evolved was fascinating; from violence, hostility, tension, honesty. I got the feeling that the governor was starting to break Rick down towards the end. It was nice how the writers showed that had the circumstances been different, both groups could have got along quite well (Herschel/Milton and Darryl/Ramirez).

Regardless of whatever terms/deal the governor offered Rick, I cant believe Rick would ever truly consider taking him up on it. It seems a bit obvious after seeing the governor's plan to slaughter them all, but I think Rick would realise there is nothing stopping the governor from reneging on a deal and wiping them all out.

I can definitely see Merle betraying the group to try and patch things up with the governor. And I think Galvatron is right about Milton (although part of me is wondering why, if he knew about the governors methods [eg killing the soldiers] he hasn't already left Woodbury/said something to him and been executed for being ''disloyal''). I also wonder if we might see Morgan again- possibly making some sort of important sacrifice.

Seeing as how it's going to come down to a shoot-out I just hope that Darryl, Glenn, Maggie and Herschel don't die. In fact of the group at the prison, the only one who I wouldn't miss that much would be Carl (although he has been getting better this season). Carol has been developing nicely and I like the relationship between her and Darryl. The writers dropped a subtle hint a while back that Beth may be interested in Rick and with her acting as Judith's mother I can see her being used as a possible love interest. But at least two of the prison group are gonna be killed; I would say Darryl/Herschel and probably Beth/Carol.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 373
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 15/3/2013 9:39:27 PM   
Captain Black

Solid episode. Seemed to fall a little too early really in setting up the finale (at least following expected TV season structuring), but maybe the fireworks will happen in the penultimate episode and 16 will set things up for next year. They do seem to be sewing the seeds of deceipt amongst the Governer's men, but it's still most likely that Rick is the one who takes him out (handgun heatshot at close range).

If anyone needs to be killed off though, it's Andrea. They just don't know what to do with her in current her guise.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 374
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 16/3/2013 5:42:33 PM   
Fit Kisto

quote:

If anyone needs to be killed off though, it's Andrea. They just don't know what to do with her in current her guise.

If they do decide to get rid of her then maybe Maggie or Carol could develop to take on the characteristics of Andrea from the comic? (they both seem to be better with rifles, for a start)

Kind of like how the TV version of Hershel has taken on some of Dale's personality.

There is no Swamp Ape. It was invented for people who can't find the actual world fascinating. Y'know?

Post #: 375
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 16/3/2013 5:49:20 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM
The writers dropped a subtle hint a while back that Beth may be interested in Rick and with her acting as Judith's mother I can see her being used as a possible love interest.

Beth is only 16/17, that may be a bit weird although the actress is is her 20s, so it is possible. Better that than the other potential pairing I have seen online which is Beth and Carl

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 16/3/2013 6:06:58 PM >

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 376
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 24/3/2013 9:09:11 PM   
Captain Black

I am shocked that no one commented on last week's thrilling episode!

To be fair, it wasn't terrible, and as ever with the show the mood and general production of it were very good, but it didn't move things on a whole lot.

Invisiotext:

Post #: 377
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 24/3/2013 9:23:25 PM   
Shifty Bench

It moved Andrea's story along but I'm not really interested in her. I want the war, dammit!

Post #: 378
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 24/3/2013 9:42:24 PM   
Captain Black

I thought the ending was the less interesting of the two directions they could have gone in: had she made it back to the prison (I nearly typed farm then), then obviously she's bringing some more information and will tell the group, which complicates things.

Invisiotext:

Post #: 379
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 24/3/2013 10:13:20 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

I am shocked that no one commented on last week's thrilling episode!

quote:

I thought the ending was the less interesting of the two directions they could have gone in: had she made it back to the prison (I nearly typed farm then), then obviously she's bringing some more information and will tell the group, which complicates things.

Funny you mention the farm, I thought that the bit where the governor was trying to run her down looked an awful lot like the area surrounding the farm. I thought that would have been a nice touch for her to revisit the farm (provided the herd had moved on).

These last two episodes should be interesting. So far the second half of season three hasn't been as good as the first half (but honestly nothing was gonna beat Lori getting killed off )

Post #: 380
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 25/3/2013 10:10:14 PM   
Shifty Bench

Holy crap, Norman Reedus owned that final scene!

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 27/3/2013 12:47:38 AM >

Post #: 381
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 25/3/2013 11:07:45 PM   
kumar

^ Ya man, he was great in it.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

Post #: 382
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 26/3/2013 11:15:02 AM   
pablodiabloescobar

that last 60 seconds was amazing

Rapture
Waiting to capture that moment
Postponement
Suspension of rational movement
So bang on the hour of twelve
To the forest clearing we'll delve
With guns to our heads for we know
That heaven awaits us

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 383
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 26/3/2013 11:20:30 AM   
Timon

Norman Reedus is the best thing in the show. My girlfriend noted that if they killed off Daryl, almost everyone would switch off.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to pablodiabloescobar)
Post #: 384
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 26/3/2013 1:25:24 PM   
shool

Yup thought this was a great episode. Cant wait for the finale.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 385
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 27/3/2013 1:11:12 AM   
SWOTBM

That was pretty damn awesome. In terms of emotion/shock I think it was up there with the Sophia reveal. Whiltst I always knew that if someone gets killed they can reanimate, I was so caught up in the story towards the end that when they showed that shot of Merle eating that guy, I was stunned. Great TV. Although I am a little bit sad that such a great (in terms of entertainment/being well written/incredible acting) character is being killed off, even more so since we started to see a bit of his redemption arc.

The promo for next week looked intense. I'm going on holiday for Easter so I'm gonna have to try and avoid spoilers for about a week and a half- the interwebz will be a big no-no

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 386
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 30/3/2013 4:53:13 PM   
elab49

THis may be a dumb question but for some reason something struck me today and I just can't remember if it's been covered.

If everyone is actually already infected - so they'll turn even if they die a natural death - why is a non-fatal zombie bite actually a problem? Why does it cause fever/death when it's a virus that's already present?

It just seemed odd given the backstory they've used. although I'm really not sure if it's been asked/answered so it actually counts as an idiotic question!

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 387
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 31/3/2013 6:49:03 AM   
galvatron

I just assumed that a non-fatal bite speeds up the process massively. Kind of like it triggers what's inside you without having to kill you.

(in reply to morg1138)
Post #: 388
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 31/3/2013 3:46:26 PM   
Captain Black

They're like the gestation periods in the Alien series: they always move at the speed of plot. I was more concerned about the car starting when its battery would have been dead a long time ago.

Redus and Daryl have been consistently the best thing about the show, though I thought Lincoln was pretty decent in his speech as well. Genuinely surprised by how small the group has become by this point too.

I wasn't really feeling this one for the first part of the episode, mainly because it seemed like Rick's decision had already been made a the end of 13, at least from the way the final scene was filmed. But once Merle's character arc kicked in, I thought it was really good.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 389
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 1/4/2013 3:41:06 PM   
big dawg

Im not sure the finale worked......

I can believe things that are true and I can believe things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not

Gamertag - SqualorVic

Post #: 390
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI