Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 13/11/2012 5:18:44 PM   
Coyleone

Episode 4 was genuinely powerful stuff. Brilliant television. Love this season so far, definitely shaping up to be the best so far if it keeps up this pace. The last episode lost a bit of pace but that's nothing to complain about considering what happened in the previous episode.

I still really don't like Carl, I think it's just the kid that plays him rather than the character though. Only complaint I would have is that I'm not that interested in Andrea and Michonne, but The Governor is great so it makes up for it.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 331
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 13/11/2012 7:27:48 PM   
elab49

I thought there was a blood trail from Lori?

Got to admit, some good stuff last couple of epis, if only because they've got rid of 2 of the 3 worst/most useless characters. Hopefully the 3rd is actually dead and won't be back although I doubt we'd be that lucky. Odd for a show to be astute enough to deal with the dead wood.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 332
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 19/11/2012 7:08:07 PM   
SWOTBM

SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 6

Michonne is definitely growing on me Although I would have thought that surviving for so long on her own/with Andrea, she would have figured out that smearing herself with zombie blood/guts would mask her scent. In fact, wasn't Andrea with Rick and Glenn when they did the same thing way back in season 1? It was good that the writers had her meet up with Rick so soon. I imagined that she would find herself walking along the highway and she would see the car that had the writing telling Sophia where to go (ie the farm) and then Michonne would trace the group back to the prison. I think Michonne will be more at home with Rick's group, but I just hope Rick is willing to bring her into the fold (or at least hear her out- which from a narrative perspective is inevitable ).

Although Merle was a real bastard in this episode and I absolutely hate him for what he did, it was refreshing to see him more in character (though I thought he would have been a bit more overtly racist when tracking her down). I can't see Darryl just forgiving that. Glenn did say they were practically a family now- tough choice between family and family.... Especially when he now has a love interest.

I found Rick's brief descent into madness a bit forced. I was hoping that the telephone was actually ringing, so that was disappointing and I finally thought we had got rid of Lori only for her to make another appearance

Shame we didn't see Axel this week, but it was nice to see Oscar being integrated into the group.

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 333
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 19/11/2012 9:28:23 PM   
Shifty Bench

The Lori/phone thing is from the comics. I can say that now, it has aired, I was holding onto that since the phone rang last week

I too am glad Michonne has met Rick so soon, this season is rattling along at a much better pace than previous seasons. I was worried that because it had extra episodes this year, it'd go on and on and on......

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 334
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 19/11/2012 10:30:58 PM   
Captain Black

The phone thing was very TV* shorthand, but Lincoln sold the hell out of it, so I thought it worked - especially in a show like this which really does need to keep the plot momentum going.

Daryl's way too much of a good guy to side with Merle at this stage. Chances of him taking him out then demonstrating to that girl with the bow how to shoot stuff? Pretty high.

And now that Carol's back I think the writers are on to their next toughest test: it's the easy way out to kill of characters who aren't working, but can they actually make them better through writing? This year, to be fair, they've done a pretty solid job so far.

*Or movies. Or y'know, comics, apparently.

< Message edited by Captain Black -- 19/11/2012 10:31:44 PM >

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 335
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 19/11/2012 10:34:29 PM   
elab49

They have a heck of a lot of work to do with Carol. I know I was hoping they'd gotten rid of both problems but it's a steep hill with Carol. I'm not sure they're up to pulling it out of the bag - I'll keep my fingers crossed she'll be walker fodder. Or heh - Merle might kill her. That'd be fun.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 336
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 19/11/2012 10:54:06 PM   
SWOTBM

Come on guys, what's everyones problem with Carol? I did find her guilt-tripping of Rick a little OTT in the second series, but I think she has grown somewhat since then; her relationship with Darryl, being more pro-active with the zombie slayage, becoming Herschel's apprentice etc. Plus she doesn't actually get that much screen time- at least compared to some of the more annoying characters we've had (Lori and Andrea...).

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 337
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 19/11/2012 10:55:23 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
Or heh - Merle might kill her. That'd be fun.

Oooh, I like that idea. That would actually piss Daryl off enough to fully turn against his brother. Bring it. Sorry Carol but, you know, see ya!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 338
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 20/11/2012 8:26:02 AM   
kumar

That was an awesome episode. I had to rewind Daryls little speech to Carl in the corridor as I was too fixated on the shadow of Oscar- I half expected it to be replaced with a walker silently. So are we agreed that the phone calls were Rick hallucinating a little bit? I thought that at the end of the last episode, but there might be some truth in it, despite the unlikeness of it happening. I gathered though that by the end of the episode he finally pulled his shit together, but I still would like to see how he deals with burying Lori and a little something more between him and Carl.
Michonne was better too, but I think that is more to do with her doing stuff rather than walking around, talking and generally frowning at anything that has/hasn't got a heartbeat. Good thinking on her part to bring the baby milk along with her to bargain with, but then given she has so far been so self dependent it does show how desperate she is at this stage.
Good to see Merle back in Merle mode - he is still the same hateful bastard who you love to hate from his few appearances in S1, and the inevitable collision with Daryl is shaping up very nicely... I like Carol and never really believed she had kicked the bucket in the first place. I do however like the suggestion of her getting in the way of Merle and causing Daryl to whoop ass, and then eventually get jiggy with Maid Marians wannabe.
The Governer and Andrea pass the damn sick bucket. Andreas naivety is really wanted me to chew my own foot off. Get it together woman!!

also... is it worth reading the comics at this point? I was thinking of buying the compendium of volumes 1-8...

< Message edited by kumar -- 20/11/2012 8:30:27 AM >

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

Post #: 339
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 20/11/2012 9:16:04 AM   
elab49

I might have recommended it S1 but I wouldn't now. Maybe out of interest generally, but I've just cancelled my order. It ends up going nowhere and getting silly to avoid repeating itself.

quote:

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 340
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 20/11/2012 11:25:56 AM   
Timon

An episode of two halves.

Loved Merle's section, but The Governor and Andrea's subplot is really grinding (just like Morissey's accent). Rick's 'phone' was called by my girlfriend within two minutes, because it's a staple of TV that's been done to death.

Still, with Glenn being grabbed, it's time for Daryl to reconnect with his big brother...

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 341
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 26/11/2012 3:55:41 PM   
SWOTBM

SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 7

It was an OK episode, just seemed to be setting things up nicely for the mid-season finale. It was good to see Oscar getting more involved with the group and some first-hand experience of how brutal the world is now. The bit where Glenn took down that walker whilst being taped down to the chair was the highlight for me. The scene with Andrea and the doctor was rather pointless, surely Andrea could have just told him about her time at the CDC and what Jenner told the group about TS19. Would have been better if she had just let him get bitten and he would have learnt the hard way. Michonne is so inconsistent; I was starting to like her after last week, but then she starts off blanking Rick et al when they save her (nice to see Carl saving her).

Thoughts for the finale? People who I think will die: either Darryl or Merle (leaning more towards Merle), if Merle dies then Oscar will die, Carol or Beth will die (I reckon the scouting party will get to the prison and kill either of those two and we'll finally get a chance to see how awesome Axel is). I hope Andrea dies too, but I cant see that happening. She'll probably side with the Governor after Michonne tries (and fails) to convince her what an arsehole he is; Darryl and Merle will face off; Maggie and Glenn will escape (I see them using Rick's raid as a distraction to knock out the guards and escape/reunite with Rick).

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 342
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 26/11/2012 4:53:25 PM   
Shifty Bench

I refuse to even speculate who is going to die, if indeed any of the regulars are. I doubt they'd include new actors into the opening credits just to kill them off a few eps in. Although it has been done in shows before and the actress who played Lori is still in the credits, so who knows?

Hopefully next week will be epic either way.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 26/11/2012 4:54:04 PM >

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 343
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 26/11/2012 10:41:49 PM   
Captain Black

That scene with the guy in the hut was a weird detour. Was it just to give Michonne that scene to underline she's ruthless when necessary? That aside, another solid episode. Normally - this being a TV show - I always wonder how setups like this can get resolved without a high body count, but I really can't see this playing out without one.

Invisiotext:

Post #: 344
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 26/11/2012 10:50:23 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black
That scene with the guy in the hut was a weird detour. Was it just to give Michonne that scene to underline she's ruthless when necessary?

I think so, she had to show Rick and co how ruthless she is. And she couldn't exactly kill one of our survivors, could she?

Post #: 345
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 3/12/2012 10:20:48 PM   
Captain Black

Well, they solved it without a huge body count and -- amazingly -- there was a moment of actual humour in the show! The gunfight in the street was pretty well done, and the Michonne v The Governor fight even better. Really visceral.

Invisiotext:

Post #: 346
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 4/12/2012 1:15:15 PM   
shool

Yup that was a really good episode.

I'm going to really miss this show until Feb. I hope they integrate Michonne quickly into the group I dont think I would like weeks of can we/cant we trust her.

Merle and Daryl back together.....

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

Post #: 347
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 4/12/2012 10:03:17 PM   
SWOTBM

Seeing as how awesome some of the earlier episodes have been, I thought it was an OK finale. I just expected more people to die. I liked that they introduced this new group of people, their leader seems pretty sensible. I just hope we get some background/flashbacks on where they came from otherwise it seems a bit far-fetched to suggest they survived this long with only shovels considering the trouble Rick's group have had (and they have had guns, crossbows, cars, a doctor[vet] etc).

The Michonne/Governor fight was brutal (and therefore very cool ). Something that bothered me though- surely that water would have been contaminated, meaning that Michonne and the Governor would have been infected?

The whole assault was very reminiscent of the way they cleared out the prison; ruthless, organised and effective. Another reminder of how close the group are (and Darryl taking orders from Rick over going after Merle). It was a shame to see Oscar die, but someone from the group had to die in a finale; but at least with the new group we have T-Dog mk III

So predictions.....

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

I hope they integrate Michonne quickly into the group I dont think I would like weeks of can we/cant we trust her.

Merle and Daryl back together.....

I think Michonne will be quickly integrated; she knows Andrea is a lost cause, the Governor has been punished and she trusts Ricks group. It was a little out of character to see her practically begging to be part of the group, but I put that down to her realising Andrea is gone.

So if Rick and the others go back for Darryl, presumably they would have to rescue Merle as well? Dont think Glenn/Maggie (and actually pretty much the whole group) are gonna be too happy about that.

I think the next episode will be more of an introduction of the new group with them possibly proving their worth by clearing out the rest of the prison. We'll see the aftermath of the raid; both from the Rick and the Governor's perspective. Possibly

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 348
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 5/12/2012 12:01:37 AM   
Larry of Arabia

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

The Michonne/Governor fight was brutal (and therefore very cool ). Something that bothered me though- surely that water would have been contaminated, meaning that Michonne and the Governor would have been infected?

Everyone's already infected, I don't know if flopping around in contaminated water would have the same effect as a bite in triggering it though. As far as I know the show's not gone into detail as to why it's only a bite that does it, but they seem to be sticking to that way for simplicity's sake. Which I can understand, or we'd have zombies left, right and centre.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 349
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 5/12/2012 12:03:07 AM   
elab49

Bites and dying. But have they ruled out getting infected blood/saliva etc in an open wound causing the fever that leads to death/change? 

quote:

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 350
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 5/12/2012 12:22:01 AM   
beebs_

Andrea is an absolute idiot. I just can't deal with her.

Michonne should have finished of that nutter Governor. FINISHED HIM! ::sigh::

Oh well...

Black guy in (new set of stragglers) , black guy out (prisoner killed on the mission).

Daryl needs to kill Merle.

Looking forward to it's return in Feb...

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 351
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 5/12/2012 12:47:06 AM   
Larry of Arabia

quote:

Bites and dying. But have they ruled out getting infected blood/saliva etc in an open wound causing the fever that leads to death/change? 

Goodness knows they seem to get covered in enough gore without consequences, I'd consider it a stretch for the writers to then say it can cause zombification after all.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 352
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 5/12/2012 1:57:42 AM   
SWOTBM

quote:

That's what I was wondering. I seem to remember an episode where Rick (I think) said not to get zombie blood in their [survivors] eyes, presumably because they would get infected with the active strain of the virus. Assuming that holds true, then it would work for any open wound too; so Michonne's cuts on her hand and the Governor's stab wound.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 353
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 5/12/2012 12:39:01 PM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

Seeing as how awesome some of the earlier episodes have been, I thought it was an OK finale. I just expected more people to die. I liked that they introduced this new group of people, their leader seems pretty sensible. I just hope we get some background/flashbacks on where they came from otherwise it seems a bit far-fetched to suggest they survived this long with only shovels considering the trouble Rick's group have had (and they have had guns, crossbows, cars, a doctor[vet] etc).

It's Cutty from The Wire

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 354
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 12/2/2013 9:55:30 PM   
Captain Black

It's back! And it didn't really deserve the exclamation mark. Truth be told, the break probably benefitted the show because I couldn't remember the specifics of certain scenes from earlier episodes (like if Merle was present at the torture or not) which covered up what I think was probably some crappy writing as a result of inconsistent plotting.

And I can really do without the Rick hallucinating bit now. I wonder if Sarah Wayne Callies still gets paid for each episode since her name's still in the credits.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 355
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 18/2/2013 7:00:56 PM   
Larry of Arabia

Ooooo I hate that Governor! I was getting to like Axel as well. Great episode, also liked the regular really-gruesome-walker-head-explosion (this time being Daryl with the car boot on the overpass). One thing I was wondering was who the person driving the truck full of walkers was, I didn't see them leave.

Post #: 356
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 18/2/2013 8:50:05 PM   
Shifty Bench

It looked like a woman to me. I thought that last scene was awesome, poor Axel. In a way, though, he saved Carol's life and he appeared to be a nice guy before getting a bullet to the brain. And multiple to the body. Glad Daryl didn't stay away long, I knew he'd save the day

That bridge scene was vomit-inducing.....

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 357
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 19/2/2013 12:03:59 AM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

It looked like a woman to me. I thought that last scene was awesome, poor Axel. In a way, though, he saved Carol's life and he appeared to be a nice guy before getting a bullet to the brain. And multiple to the body. Glad Daryl didn't stay away long, I knew he'd save the day

Axels departure made me jump a lot. I wasnt expecting the attack to happen so soon, and the build up was so slow, it was unexpected for me. The driver did look like a woman to me, but i think its inconsequential who she is - am i right in thinking Maggie nailed the "watch this" girl with the bow and arrow in the return episode?

Sad about Axel, and we were really punished this time seeing one of our group constantly pummeled after his death. Still not in vain though, but all in all, i think he and Oscars death were damn tragic. I was expected the walker van to be Glenn bringing the pain in the Dodge so was shocked to see the ice cream van turn up instead!!

I also loved the running shot behind michonne as she is wasting walkers- class!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

Post #: 358
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 19/2/2013 12:07:49 AM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar
The driver did look like a woman to me, but i think its inconsequential who she is - am i right in thinking Maggie nailed the "watch this" girl with the bow and arrow in the return episode?

Yeah, Maggie killed her last week. If the driver is inconsequential, why hide who they were?

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 359
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 19/2/2013 1:18:35 AM   
SWOTBM

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

Axels departure made me jump a lot. I wasnt expecting the attack to happen so soon, and the build up was so slow, it was unexpected for me. The driver did look like a woman to me, but i think its inconsequential who she is - am i right in thinking Maggie nailed the "watch this" girl with the bow and arrow in the return episode?

Sad about Axel, and we were really punished this time seeing one of our group constantly pummeled after his death. Still not in vain though, but all in all, i think he and Oscars death were damn tragic. I was expected the walker van to be Glenn bringing the pain in the Dodge so was shocked to see the ice cream van turn up instead!!

I also loved the running shot behind michonne as she is wasting walkers- class!

I was genuinely surprised when Axel died. I thought they were setting him up to be a potential love interest for Carol and that would drive Darryl further away from the group and closer to Merle. Plus I really liked his character.

I thought the shoot-out was pretty comical considering what a crackshot each and every one of the survivors are against walkers, but when they have to shoot other survivors they all of a sudden turn into a bunch of stormtroopers

I think the attack will bring the group together- though I still think Merle will try and betray the group to get back in with the Governor. Darryl will have to kill him.

The driver did look like a woman. Can't possibly be Andrea. Well I suppose it could it Milton (that is his name right?) told her where the Governor really went and she wanted to prove herself. That might explain how she completely missed Michonne from point blank range. Unless she is an exceptionally bad stormtrooper....

Wonder where Tyreese et el went? Possibly that was his sister in driving the van and they have joined up with the Governor?

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 360
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI