Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 17/10/2012 10:09:13 PM   
Captain Black

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

The whole corridor sequence reminded me of Aliens... but with Zombies.

Yeah, me too. I almost expected James Horner's score to kick in.

Very, very strong opener. Easily the best since the pilot. I don't know what element is carried over from the comics (in terms of where we're up to in the story and whether that just naturally lends itself to improved TV), but it definitely gives the impression that Glen Mazzara's clearly been able to, if not take a fresh sheet of paper, definitely look at what elements weren't working so well and improve upon them. Promising stuff.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 301
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 17/10/2012 10:38:57 PM   
beebs_

Finally watched it.

Pretty damn good. Minimal dialogue. Thank God! Also I appreciate that they've got their walker killing skills up. Loved it!

Who else spotted that walker that bit at Hershal way before he attacked? I knew he'd attack someone! Man, cutting off he's leg. Grim. This show is brutal!

Good stuff. Lets hope they can keep it up!

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 302
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 18/10/2012 12:04:26 AM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

Spoilers for S3ep1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

How the hell could the riot-gear clad officers have been turned anyway? They're fully armoured (apart from the neck) so how did they all get bitten/scratched/killed...?

Never thought about that, but i would guess (pure speculation- i dont know anything about the comics or have read spoilers) the inmates/staff in safe position locked themselves inside with everyone outside, infected/alive staff/prisoners to fend for themselves. They either killed or died of starvation and re-animated, which has some plausibility to it

Two things though, at what point did we find out that getting bitten turns you into a zombie, which is the reason Hershels leg is cut off (awesome scene)? I cant remember a character that has been simply bitten and turned, rather than bitten then died and turned (andreas sister) or turned or simply died and come alive (shane).... so it was a bit confusing for me to see Rick do that.

Also, did Rick and Lori have any particular arguement, which would explain his attitude towards her?

I think Rick's just pissed off about the whole Lori/Shane thing, and probably at how Lori went irrationally apeshit at him after he told her he killed Shane, even though she told him to just a few eps earlier. To be honest, I'd be pretty fed up with her by this point too.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 303
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 18/10/2012 8:20:36 PM   
Shifty Bench

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 304
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 19/10/2012 1:43:12 AM   
Whistler

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 305
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 22/10/2012 9:10:33 PM   
Captain Black

I can just imagine that in Lincoln's unconvincing-but-at-least-now-consistent accent too!

Another good episode. And we all thought Prometheus would have the most horrific C section of the year!

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 306
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 25/10/2012 12:57:57 AM   
galvatron

This week's episode was excellent too. Rick going brutal on those inmates was shocking and the look in Maggie's face when she knew why Glenn had to stay in the room was also excellent.

Who was watching Cindy from behind the fence?

Post #: 307
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 1/11/2012 5:50:00 PM   
Captain Black

Nice change of pace. I'd heard of the Governor, and Morrissey played him well, keeping most of his motivational cards close to his chest, before the last shot confirms he's a complete mentalist.

I can't think of a show that has had so little need to change (blockbuster ratings from the word go), yet has still forced itself to become so much better.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 308
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 2/11/2012 11:12:54 PM   
beebs_

Finally watched the latest episode. Really good. Michonne is da best. I love her suspicion! The Gov'ner is mental. Merl! Ha!

The preview for next week. Interesting.

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

Post #: 309
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 5/11/2012 8:32:44 AM   
kumar

I really dont have the patience or self restraint to wait for UK speed, but how is this only the 4th episode of the season.... ep 4 gets a billion out of ten.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

Post #: 310
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 5/11/2012 2:45:06 PM   
Joedini

Oh. My. Fuck. Episode 4 was brutal, just brutal!

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 311
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 5/11/2012 7:58:22 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Woah, that was some weird shit at the end of that episode. Thought David Morrissey was very good and the whole town thing was really creepy.

A nice change to focus on a different group. Can't wait for Merle and Daryl to meet up again

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 312
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 5/11/2012 9:25:32 PM   
Captain Black

Well, you don't see this shit on Downton Abbey, that's for sure.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 313
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 5/11/2012 10:04:10 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

quote:

I really dont have the patience or self restraint to wait for UK speed, but how is this only the 4th episode of the season.... ep 4 gets a billion out of ten.

A billion out of ten?

I really like the pace this season is going for hope it keeps up, every week i look forward to see what's going to happen next and this episode had some moments that you would expect from an episode nearer to a season finale,

but a billion out of ten?

Black Jesus!!!:

I rode into town on an ass

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 314
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 5/11/2012 10:33:28 PM   
Eminent Junkie

I read that they're splitting up the season into 8 episode halves. That would explain the pace of the season.

What I'm anxious for more than a Merle/Daryle reunion is when Rick and the Governor meet. I don't know if/when it happens, as I don't read the comics (and probably won't since I'm already watching the show).

As for last night's episode...holy shit. I can't believe all that happened. Changes the game, for sure.

I'm wondering if maybe the baby ends up being a key to the cure. Perhaps since it was born with the virus present, the baby may have developed some sort of antibodies. I dunno. And please, if you read the comics and know whether I'm right or wrong, I'd prefer you didn't share.

Can't wait for next Sunday. Bears-Texans and the next episode of Walking Dead. Kickass.

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 315
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 6/11/2012 6:49:39 AM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAYDAK1SS

quote:

A billion out of ten?

I really like the pace this season is going for hope it keeps up, every week i look forward to see what's going to happen next and this episode had some moments that you would expect from an episode nearer to a season finale,

Ok not a billion. a million.

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 316
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 6/11/2012 8:34:02 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAYDAK1SS

quote:

A billion out of ten?

Ok not a billion. a million.

Black Jesus!!!:

I rode into town on an ass

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 317
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 6/11/2012 8:44:31 PM   
Shifty Bench

Loving this season so far. Episode 4-

*******SPOILERS*********

Sad that T-Dog died, don't care about the she-witch, glad the baby lived.......

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 318
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 7/11/2012 3:14:23 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

Right there with you mate- I couldn't wait until Friday for the new episode so I've converted to this thread

A billion out of ten is about right Probably one of the best episodes yet (definitely up there with the first two episodes of season 3, the Sophia reveal, escape from the farm and the gangland stand-off in season 1).

It was a shame that T-Dog died, I liked him- his acceptance of the two prisoners was particularly refreshing. It's funny, I've always hated Lori as she's been one of the most annoying characters in the series, but I felt really bad when she did die. She accepted her fate and made her peace, saving the baby in the process (though the zombie-apocalypse-realist in me thinks the baby would be a severe hindrance to the group). Carol is blatantly still alive (if the prisoner we all thought was dead can survive then I'm sure Carol can too).

I think the mid-season finale will be Merle/Darryl reuniting (probably a good thing T-Dog died before Merle reappeared...) and the Governor meeting Rick.

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 319
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 7/11/2012 8:51:28 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

quote:

Right there with you mate- I couldn't wait until Friday for the new episode so I've converted to this thread

A billion out of ten is about right Probably one of the best episodes yet (definitely up there with the first two episodes of season 3, the Sophia reveal, escape from the farm and the gangland stand-off in season 1).

It was a shame that T-Dog died, I liked him- his acceptance of the two prisoners was particularly refreshing. It's funny, I've always hated Lori as she's been one of the most annoying characters in the series, but I felt really bad when she did die. She accepted her fate and made her peace, saving the baby in the process (though the zombie-apocalypse-realist in me thinks the baby would be a severe hindrance to the group). Carol is blatantly still alive (if the prisoner we all thought was dead can survive then I'm sure Carol can too).

I think the mid-season finale will be Merle/Darryl reuniting (probably a good thing T-Dog died before Merle reappeared...) and the Governor meeting Rick.

*thought i would say in advance this contains speculation for the rest of the series- i dont read the comics and havent read spoilers, so hope i dont ruin anything for anyone.

T-Dog dying was a half surprise- he had more to do in 4 episodes than an entire season and was really building nicely. Then again, shades of Dale and the voice of reason came up in the last episode, and while it wasnt obvious I could sense something wasnt right. Lori, Lori Lori aka "she-witch" after over a season of hating her, cheering when she finally admitted to being a bad wife, had me torn at the end with her little speech to Carl. The writers did a pretty good job here, putting a lot of emphasis on saving Hershel and Carol practicing midwifery made what happened pretty much unexpected. On a side note, Carl is winding me up continually wearing that hat.

How does Rick and the leadership change after this? He has been a supremely strong character throughout. I dont expect him to carry on as leader after this and I wouldnt be surprised if his character ended soon (development or life- pure speculation, not a comic reader!!). He would be really pre occupied with the baby and Carl and I do see him struggling with it. He could be overcome with guilt- this was caused by he inmate he left to die, so could we see him lose it for a while?

Then who steps up? The new recruits will become part of the group (i hope- the smaller inmate seems especially legit about wanting to live) and Rick owes the other his life. But there will be initial struggle and conflict. Hershel is not the leader of this group and is currently in no state to continue, T Dog is dead, Glenn is far too young....which leaves Daryl, who strikes me more of a loyal supporter now than a leader. Who does it fall to and surely the presence of a baby and Hershels injury this means the group is not fit to travel and will spend the forseeable future in the jail- until they are found by the Governor et al. Might this be the point at which Rick "comes back" to save the group?

Now that T-Dog is dead im not sure how the Daryl/Merle reunion will go, though im looking foward to what happens. Last thing, Andrea is still pissing me off with her constant naivety (consistency, i will give her that), though Michonne is no better with her constant scowl. *phew*

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 320
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 9/11/2012 12:05:29 PM   
jcthefirst

I too caved and watched this early.

It made me cry. A fucking zombie show made me cry???

And major major praise goes to Andrew Lincoln for that last scene. Heartbreaking.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 321
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 9/11/2012 12:39:10 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

On a side note, Carl is winding me up continually wearing that hat.

That is from the comics, although it may not translate to screen as well for some.

Kumar, I was going to respond to the rest of your post but I have decided to do so via PM....

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 322
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 9/11/2012 1:57:56 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

quote:

quote:

*thought i would say in advance this contains speculation for the rest of the series- i dont read the comics and havent read spoilers, so hope i dont ruin anything for anyone.

T-Dog dying was a half surprise- he had more to do in 4 episodes than an entire season and was really building nicely. Then again, shades of Dale and the voice of reason came up in the last episode, and while it wasnt obvious I could sense something wasnt right. Lori, Lori Lori aka "she-witch" after over a season of hating her, cheering when she finally admitted to being a bad wife, had me torn at the end with her little speech to Carl. The writers did a pretty good job here, putting a lot of emphasis on saving Hershel and Carol practicing midwifery made what happened pretty much unexpected. On a side note, Carl is winding me up continually wearing that hat.

How does Rick and the leadership change after this? He has been a supremely strong character throughout. I dont expect him to carry on as leader after this and I wouldnt be surprised if his character ended soon (development or life- pure speculation, not a comic reader!!). He would be really pre occupied with the baby and Carl and I do see him struggling with it. He could be overcome with guilt- this was caused by he inmate he left to die, so could we see him lose it for a while?

Then who steps up? The new recruits will become part of the group (i hope- the smaller inmate seems especially legit about wanting to live) and Rick owes the other his life. But there will be initial struggle and conflict. Hershel is not the leader of this group and is currently in no state to continue, T Dog is dead, Glenn is far too young....which leaves Daryl, who strikes me more of a loyal supporter now than a leader. Who does it fall to and surely the presence of a baby and Hershels injury this means the group is not fit to travel and will spend the forseeable future in the jail- until they are found by the Governor et al. Might this be the point at which Rick "comes back" to save the group?

Now that T-Dog is dead im not sure how the Daryl/Merle reunion will go, though im looking foward to what happens. Last thing, Andrea is still pissing me off with her constant naivety (consistency, i will give her that), though Michonne is no better with her constant scowl. *phew*

Good point about Rick, his emotional state and the leadership. I also think that it would lead to everyone else questioning Rick's competency to lead now that he is practically a basket case. Although Herschel may not physically be able to lead, I think he will direct the group and Darryl will take on the role as the enforcer. Long-term I reckon Glenn will take over as Rick seemed to be grooming Glenn for leadership. I can see Beth/Maggie becoming the surrogate mother to the baby. I'm not sure about Carl's reaction, it could go one of two ways- his new hardened/realist stance sees the baby as a liability, or he becomes more of a father figure to the baby than Rick (because of Rick's emotional issues).

I would like to see more exploration of the prison this week- reuniting with Carol, finding the warden's office (which I think might have some background/history for the audience about how the world went to hell- Rick said he thought the place went down early...) and just an overview of the prison to see whether it would be a good place to settle down permanently. Given the strong bonds that have formed between the group, I can see Darryl siding with Rick's group over Merle.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 323
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 10/11/2012 11:49:22 AM   
kumar

quote:

Good point about Rick, his emotional state and the leadership. I also think that it would lead to everyone else questioning Rick's competency to lead now that he is practically a basket case. Although Herschel may not physically be able to lead, I think he will direct the group and Darryl will take on the role as the enforcer. Long-term I reckon Glenn will take over as Rick seemed to be grooming Glenn for leadership. I can see Beth/Maggie becoming the surrogate mother to the baby. I'm not sure about Carl's reaction, it could go one of two ways- his new hardened/realist stance sees the baby as a liability, or he becomes more of a father figure to the baby than Rick (because of Rick's emotional issues).

It definately changes a lot, especially in the inevitable run up to Rick vs Governor, though maybe the groups might not meet up this season. Does anyone else think that might happen, and leave potential conflict for another day?

On a side note of ep 4, how good was that shot of Glenn taking half that walkers head off? So satisfying

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 324
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 10/11/2012 12:03:47 PM   
JagLover

Amazon season so far

After a slow, very slow at times, second season the writers seem to have rediscovered the comics and are trying to create something great.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 325
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 12/11/2012 8:57:42 PM   
Sledge Hammer

Another great episode last night - both the scene where Rick goes into the prison and when Michone slices and dices were brilliant.

The effects have been top notch this year.

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to JagLover)
Post #: 326
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 12/11/2012 9:04:06 PM   
kumar

episode 5...

I felt a bit frustrated with the newest episode. Despite some delicious chop suey from Michonne, she is still really irritating and I felt like opening a bottle of champagne when Andrea finally realised she may have made a mistake. Im not sure though, between the doctor, andrea and merle, who pisses me off more.

Carl seems to be coping quite well but then when he is reunited with dad, hopefully, we might see a more familiar reaction. Is Rick delusional at the end? Or is the call from another group of survivors who have Carol?

Maggie looked super hot.

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 327
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 12/11/2012 9:35:05 PM   
Captain Black

Really good episode for Daryl.

When they dug the third grave I thought "Wait, was I not paying attention, Carol's not dead is she?" Was I in fact not paying attention, or do the group just think that she is?

Invisiotext:

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 328
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 12/11/2012 9:53:26 PM   
Shifty Bench

I think they think she is, we haven't seen her body. And since Lori no longer has a body, digging a grave for her is a bit pointless, although, obviously they didn't know that at the time. Or indeed now....

Daryl is awesome, hope he doesn't turn back to being a dick if/when he meets up with his brother again.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 12/11/2012 9:57:48 PM >

Post #: 329
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 12/11/2012 10:09:12 PM   
SWOTBM

I'm pretty sure the group just think Carol is dead. Seems pretty silly digging three graves when there is only 1/2 of a body to bury. Speaking of which, when Rick found the room in which Lori was killed and picked up the bullet case but saw no body- I thought Carl had bottled it (understandably). But the bloated walker was pretty sick, didn't understand why Rick stabbed it either...

Overall it wasn't too bad. It had to slow down after the pace of the last couple of weeks and I felt they used that quite well. We saw; Rick become a basket case (although I think the phone was ringing for real- possibly Carol, or another group of survivors who have Carol- the latter is more likely because if Carol was separated from the group it wouldn't take her long to reunite with them, unless she really is dead ), Darryl/Herschel stepping up in his place, integration of Axel/Oscar, how messed up the governor is (keeping his zombie daughter alive and the gladiator/walker pits).

Michonne is starting to grow on me a little; she is talking more, did that cool sword-flippy-thing to the governor, and didn't back down when Andrea said she wasn't going to leave.

Anyone else think that when Maggie/Darryl went into the kindergarden that there would be zombie babies? That would be too controversial for TV methinks.

Thoughts for next week? Did everyone catch the promo at the end of the episode?

Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI