Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Walking Dead

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Walking Dead Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Walking Dead - 12/3/2012 3:45:06 PM   
Shifty Bench

I can say it now-

*****THIS IS ABOUT THE LATEST EPISODE (12)**********
I knew Shane was a goner, not because of the comic (that doesn't really matter to me, Sophia is still alive in the comics) but because I heard the actor was up for a part in Frank Darabont's new show.

I thought the last scene was fantastic, the score was brilliant. So everyone is infected already? Interesting. Maybe that's what the CDC guy told Rick....

And T-Dog had a line!!!!!

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 12/3/2012 3:56:17 PM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 271
RE: The Walking Dead - 12/3/2012 7:15:51 PM   
bub

As above spoiler alert.

Just watched episode 12 was a very tense finish to the episode and the big herd of zombies means were going to have a Hell of a season finale. Poor Shane certainly had it coming but at the same time he was by far the best character in it and in some of the shitter episodes he really helped prop it up, along with Daryl of course. Lets just hope they can finally get off the damn farm for season 3.After getting annoyed about last weeks episode I need to start considering the comic and the show as two very different things and I'll enjoy it more.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 272
RE: The Walking Dead - 12/3/2012 10:04:37 PM   
Captain Black

Best episode of the show? Maybe...

It could be because we're approaching the end of season surge, but it does feel like they're find a groove here. And while cable shows tend to have a better track record of starting well, if we compare this to a network show (which in some respects I think it shares more in common with) it's only 18 episodes old rather than two seasons, and so many take that long to find their feet.

And yes, I think the show has straight up played its card that everyone is infected, they don't have to have contact with a zombie. But I don't think the CDC fella could have told Rick that as the way that scene played out Rick wasn't prepared for the transformation.

I hope they move off the farm but keep most of the characters from it. 

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to bub)
Post #: 273
RE: The Walking Dead - 12/3/2012 10:15:52 PM   
Zaphod121

Yeah I'd like to see them move away from the farm in the finale/Season 3 and ... COMIC SPOILERS hopefully find the prison and bring in characters like Tyreese and Michonne /end. I do think they've found a groove like you said but I still find myslef hating most of the characters, except maybe Daryl, I'd probably care if he was killed.

< Message edited by Zaphod121 -- 12/3/2012 10:16:33 PM >

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

Post #: 274
RE: The Walking Dead - 12/3/2012 11:52:27 PM   
galvatron

The everyone's infected has been hinted at for a while. Remember the guy who tried to hang himself in the woods?

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 275
RE: The Walking Dead - 13/3/2012 12:39:08 AM   
kumar

ep 12 spoilers

Im too weak to wait for friday, and I saw a few comments on FB about the new episode so I had to give in. I can honestly say im a sucker for the Dale scenario and im not handling it well. I said I was close to tears last episode but this one had me in tears- the scene with the caravan, glen and andrea was so well done.

Fantastic episode and a brilliant conclusion to the Rick/Shane battle. This and the past episode have been up there with the best TV episodes of anything ive watched. Full of praise for this show.

< Message edited by kumar -- 13/3/2012 12:41:23 AM >

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

Post #: 276
RE: The Walking Dead - 13/3/2012 1:31:35 AM   
beebs_

Well, they took it there! Rick finally took care of business! Great!

But what the hell does this coming back from the dead when not even being bitten mean?! Is the virus or whatever air born? So now whenever you die you're gonna be zombified? Interesting!

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 277
RE: The Walking Dead - 13/3/2012 2:55:32 PM   
Sledge Hammer

with regards to them all being ifeected, I think that something else is afoot.

I think that the reason why Randall and Shane turned was due to open wounds.

Randall had his wrists cut open, which was shown a few times somewhat gratuitously.

And Shane kept on banging his head as if he was fighting the virus - could he have caught it like some have suggested after he slit his hand on the school bus?

I cant explain the two dead officers from the school yet, but I reckon that its something to do with blood passing into open wounds.

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to Jeffy)
Post #: 278
RE: The Walking Dead - 14/3/2012 10:56:25 AM   
impqueen

Iíve just caught up with this and It is an odd show because itís nowhere near as good as I think it could be and it has some of the most annoying and unlikeable people in it and yet I keep watching. Iíve read some of the comics and think my main reason for sticking with it (apart from a bizarre bonding with my mother) is that I want to see certain characters from the comics pop up, I hope they move from the farm at the end of next weekís episode (not like they have a choice really) and get somewhere interesting.

No idea what the whole turning without being bitten means.

Yes, always.

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 279
RE: The Walking Dead - 14/3/2012 5:37:32 PM   
Base

AAAHHHHHH SHIT NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I opened this thinking it was the UK speed thread, bugger, crap and poo!!!!!!!

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 280
RE: The Walking Dead - 14/3/2012 5:55:42 PM   
beebs_

Remember when Shane and Rick went to drop Randall off within the gates of that place? Before Shane and Rick started fighting they killed a couple of security guards. I remember one of them mentioning that they didn't have any bites and one of them assumed it was scratches that had infected them? Interestingly (or not!) That was the first ep that I remember Rick telling Shane to use he's knife rather than he's gun to kill the walkers.

Oh and impqueen, I'm mostly in agreement. I haven't read the comics so I'm not even waiting for certain characters. But damn, these people are annoying idiots. The constant threat of walker death us what keeps me hooked I think as it sure ain't the character interaction...

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 281
RE: The Walking Dead - 19/3/2012 3:57:35 PM   
Shifty Bench

The season finale- Holy. Shit. Readers of the comics will know what I mean.....

Also- called it!

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 282
RE: The Walking Dead - 19/3/2012 7:11:23 PM   
impqueen

I canít be the only one who really hates Lori and Carl, right? Loriís reaction was totally stupid unless I misread her Shane is Fucking Dangerous to Us and All You Hold Dear in the previous episode and Carl seriously I would hobble that kid.

So pleased to see Michonne turn up, sheís awesome and the final shot, yes!

Yes, always.

Post #: 283
RE: The Walking Dead - 19/3/2012 7:56:17 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

I can't be the only one who really hates Lori and Carl, right?

Nope. Lori is a two-faced bitch. I must say, I did like the fact that Carl was shitting himself in this episode, it gave the little sod some kind of emotion. He's still annoying, though you can clearly see he's his mother's son

Also- Rick was right not to tell them! He wouldn't have known for sure until he saw what happened to Shane. The CDC guy could have been talking bollocks.Oh and there's that helicopter from season one again.....

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 284
RE: The Walking Dead - 19/3/2012 8:44:22 PM   
Proudfoot

I don't like Lori, because she never makes any sense. If they are going for deranged (which they aren't) they're doing it wrong.

Some of the other characters may not be perfect writing, but they aren't Lori.

Other then that, I mostly like the show. I really do. The zombie stuff is simply amazing.

Can't wait for season 3.

"We must never forget that we are human, and as humans we dream, and when we dream we dream of money."

Post #: 285
RE: The Walking Dead - 19/3/2012 8:59:56 PM   
Captain Black

Yep, you were right about what Jenner said, Shifty.

The funniest bit was at the start when Lori said to Daryl to go and search for Rick - he's like "Sure, I'll head right back out there", when he should be "Fuck off!"

Anway, pretty good episode overall. Once again the directors for hire always do a good job with the action sequences; it was well staged and pretty exciting, despite the dead on accuracy of all the headshots. But there always seems to be this dividing line that means they can't introduce any character work into those sequences: there were several beats where characters should have reacted to other characters but they saved all that for the reunion sequence on the road, which was okay but a little flat in comparison.

Thought Lincoln really nailed that last scene where Rick's losing the plot.

I'd forgotten about the helicopter in the opening scene - when did that happen in the timeline? Was it supposed to be just a day or two before or much earlier?

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Proudfoot)
Post #: 286
RE: The Walking Dead - 19/3/2012 9:36:33 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

I enjoyed the final episode, as much as some of the characters annoy me, yes especially Lori and Carl, when it came down to this episode I was rooting for everyone to escape. But if all else fails, at least make sure Daryll escapes. I'm intrigued to see who this hooded ninja is in season 3 too.

Black Jesus!!!:

I rode into town on an ass

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

Post #: 287
RE: The Walking Dead - 19/3/2012 9:47:53 PM   
bub

Well that was awesome. A great end to the season that gave something to fans of the comic. Prison AND Michonne Hell yes! I thought Lincoln was excellent when he confessed to Lori about killing Shane.

So now that it's over what's everyone's favourite and least favourite scenes/episode/characters etc?

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 288
RE: The Walking Dead - 20/3/2012 9:42:03 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Well it did sort of turn out that way in the Comic but with a slight twist?

(in reply to bub)
Post #: 289
RE: The Walking Dead - 21/3/2012 8:18:28 AM   
impqueen

Yes, always.

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 290
RE: The Walking Dead - 23/3/2012 11:41:42 AM   
Timon

Christ, what is it with the women in this show? All a bunch of scheming Lady Macbeths. As soon as the shit goes down, they all turn to their respective men and try and get them to turn against each other! And Lori! Jesus woman, you practically asked Rick to kill Shane a few episodes ago - don't start ranting after he was pushed into doing it....

Luckily it seems the men know that strength is in numbers.

Intriguing ending and can't wait to see how bitter and angry Andrea gets about being left behind.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 291
RE: The Walking Dead - 27/3/2012 10:10:39 PM   
Coyleone

Great season imo, far and away better than the first.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 292
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 16/4/2012 12:18:44 PM   
Y2Neildotcom

**WARNING - THIS COULD CONTAIN POTENTIAL SPOILERS!! **
I finally caught up on season two over the weekend. I must say I was on the edge of my seat.

I understand what most of you are saying about the story, it was slow in the first half of the season but I watched them all in one sitting practically and the pace and the focus on just the group really helped intensify the meeting with the other survivors.

Having read the comics, yeah, it's a little dissapointing that they've thrown them out the window, but hopefully it'll make us not expect anything. Although I'm sorry we won't be seeing Dale eaten by cannibals.

Rather excited for season 3, I did enjoy the Guv'nor comics but I don't think I was anywhere near as excited by it as some. It just means lots of human fighting. I hope they keep the prisioners inside the prison and don't make it a hold up for the G-Man, not that we have any kids for the pyschotic inmates to slaughter,

Overall, a vomit inducing season that for me, built up well and paid off. Except Lori. Fuck her.

| www.y2neil.com |

"You kill or you die. Or you die then you kill".

"Your B.F's about to get F'd in the B!"

(in reply to morg1138)
Post #: 293
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 16/10/2012 8:09:14 PM   
ChickMagnet

Lets bring this thread back to its rightful place!!!

As always don't look here if you don't want spoilers on episodes you haven't seen yet, with that said...........

**SPOILERS**

I already think this season's awesome - lots more gore and mother-clucking zombies in riot gear!!!

(in reply to Y2Neildotcom)
Post #: 294
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 16/10/2012 8:42:22 PM   
Shifty Bench

I love Daryl but he did one of the dumbest things ever when he fired an arrow at the head of a zombie wearing riot gear

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 295
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 16/10/2012 9:41:13 PM   
Timon

How the hell could the riot-gear clad officers have been turned anyway? They're fully armoured (apart from the neck) so how did they all get bitten/scratched/killed...?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to morg1138)
Post #: 296
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 17/10/2012 9:37:56 AM   
shool

Flipping awesome!

**** SPOILERS ****

I hope Hershel makes it after the amputation. I really think he adds a nice dimension to the group.

The whole corridor sequence reminded me of Aliens... but with Zombies.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 297
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 17/10/2012 11:07:01 AM   
sroey

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

Flipping awesome!

**** SPOILERS ****

I hope Hershel makes it after the amputation. I really think he adds a nice dimension to the group.

The whole corridor sequence reminded me of Aliens... but with Zombies.

The whole episode really showed how they have become a much more efficient group and hardened to all the crap. Everyone was doing there part in the prison assault. Great stuff and very gruesome.

Not sure why they were hitting the Armor Zombies in the head though?

The corridor sequence was fantastic - really well shot and the tension was incredible...I hope Hershel survives!

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 298
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 17/10/2012 11:47:38 AM   
kumar

Spoilers for S3ep1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

How the hell could the riot-gear clad officers have been turned anyway? They're fully armoured (apart from the neck) so how did they all get bitten/scratched/killed...?

Never thought about that, but i would guess (pure speculation- i dont know anything about the comics or have read spoilers) the inmates/staff in safe position locked themselves inside with everyone outside, infected/alive staff/prisoners to fend for themselves. They either killed or died of starvation and re-animated, which has some plausibility to it

Two things though, at what point did we find out that getting bitten turns you into a zombie, which is the reason Hershels leg is cut off (awesome scene)? I cant remember a character that has been simply bitten and turned, rather than bitten then died and turned (andreas sister) or turned or simply died and come alive (shane).... so it was a bit confusing for me to see Rick do that.

Also, did Rick and Lori have any particular arguement, which would explain his attitude towards her?

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 299
RE: The Walking Dead - US Speed - 17/10/2012 7:16:54 PM   
galvatron

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

Spoilers for S3ep1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Never thought about that, but i would guess (pure speculation- i dont know anything about the comics or have read spoilers) the inmates/staff in safe position locked themselves inside with everyone outside, infected/alive staff/prisoners to fend for themselves. They either killed or died of starvation and re-animated, which has some plausibility to it

Two things though, at what point did we find out that getting bitten turns you into a zombie, which is the reason Hershels leg is cut off (awesome scene)? I cant remember a character that has been simply bitten and turned, rather than bitten then died and turned (andreas sister) or turned or simply died and come alive (shane).... so it was a bit confusing for me to see Rick do that.

Also, did Rick and Lori have any particular arguement, which would explain his attitude towards her?

I assumed they'd died and then came back to life, there's many ways they could become zombies.

I think it was in season one, the dude who had the dream about the zombie attack, he got bitten and then killed himself. Also Andrea's sister in season one too.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Walking Dead Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI