Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Clash of the Titans Exclusive

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Clash of the Titans Exclusive Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Clash of the Titans Exclusive - 1/10/2009 12:06:26 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
White Cover - 1/10/2009 12:06:26 AM   
Ambition

I want a white cover Empire. How long has it been now. Yes that sounds like a nice issue i will be buying it tomorrow, i don't mean to lower the mood but... I WANT A WHITE COVER.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Two In A Row! - 1/10/2009 12:12:24 AM   
chizmund

So, Sam Worthington is the cover star two months in a row, eh? Who was the last person to do that? In fact, has anyone ever done that?!

Post #: 3
Free New Moon Posters - 1/10/2009 12:36:05 AM   
Ethanial

As always key demographics will be happy.

Post #: 4
In The Newsagents, No One Can Hear You Scream (If There... - 1/10/2009 5:11:24 AM   
BenTramer

I'm looking forward to the "30 Years of Alien" feature most. That looks good. When can we have a free gift again with Empire? As Gollum might have said: "I loveses free gifteses."

Post #: 5
ALIEN!!!! GOOD! - 1/10/2009 8:57:08 AM   
Snake-Eyes

yep, even Mr. Worthington looks cool but to hell with all this teeny-bop Twilight sequel crap! but I'm sure that the 'New Moon' posters will come in handy - cat's litter tray always needs lining. y'know as a side note, Sam Worthington must be - along with Shia Labeouf - the luckiest guy in movies in terms of the roles he's getting.

< Message edited by Snake-Eyes -- 1/10/2009 9:08:15 AM >

Post #: 6
So Getting It! - 1/10/2009 9:51:46 AM   
joanna likes films

Agh, when I came to the site my jaw hit the keyboard. This cover rocks, I so can't wait for Clash Of The Titans and Sam Worthington looks damn hot! The posters will be given to my sister but that cover is mine, so getting it without doubt! Think I might just have a another look at it, pure perfection! Excellent work, Empire!

Post #: 7
New Moon...with beardies - 1/10/2009 10:22:49 AM   
MaxRenn

Oh goody...New Moon posters...now, where's my big black marker pen? Comedy beards and glasses just to anoy my Twilight obsessed daughters...ha, hours of mindless entertainment!!!

Post #: 8
lucky! - 1/10/2009 11:38:45 AM   
juangaz

I agree with Snake-Eyes Worthington is a lucky guy, he's a crap actor and he cant even pull of the tough guy look with that puny body. Dude get a personal trainer and take some acting lessons- did any one see T4 I think I’ve seen a better 2 x 4 act.

Post #: 9
New Moon? Seriously? - 1/10/2009 11:45:02 AM   
nclowe

New images to shoot at with my longbow I guess....

Posters in magazines are always a bit naff. Would never actually put them up on the wall as they have bloody great creases down them! My view is nice glossy A4 prints are the way to go.... *hint hint*

Fingers crossed the posty has been nice and delivered my copy!

Post #: 10
Looking forward - 1/10/2009 1:07:36 PM   
Andybee76

to my copy coming through the door for the Alien celebration, but Clash of the Titans will be crap of major proportions and I want it to be good but I know it will suck!! And New Moon?? You aiming this magazine at 14 year old girls now?? Come on at least put an Alien/Aliens poster on the other side now!!!

Post #: 11
RE: lucky! - 1/10/2009 1:40:54 PM   
Gretzky

quote:

ORIGINAL: juangaz

I agree with Snake-Eyes Worthington is a lucky guy, he's a crap actor and he cant even pull of the tough guy look with that puny body. Dude get a personal trainer and take some acting lessons- did any one see T4 I think Iíve seen a better 2 x 4 act.

Are you kidding? You need to get your eyes tested if you think he's got a puny body... His arms are huge!

As for his acting abilities, I suggest you watch more of his films to see how wrong you are. He's a really very good actor... A watch of any of his Aussie films in particular will prove you wrong. He's an actor who has seriously paid his dues so whilst he may be lucky right now, he's absolutely earned his Hollywood break. I can't wait to see more of him...

~ Formerly Ash_Boomstick
Female Film Fan

(in reply to juangaz)
Post #: 12
RE:RE: lucky! - 1/10/2009 2:19:15 PM   
juangaz

Arms huge?! Compared to what-the tooth fairly?? Have a word with yourself! Compare him to the Stath or Christian Bale who aren't regarded as huge. As for his acting caliber, name me one good movie since oz.

Post #: 13
- 1/10/2009 2:20:15 PM   
Youshouldberunning

So where the hell is my Empire? I normally have had it ages by now!

Post #: 14
Where is my Empire - 1/10/2009 3:44:53 PM   
phil blakeman

See above. Also you have had Sam Wothington on your cover 3 times this year, is that a record?

Post #: 15
RE: RE:RE: lucky! - 1/10/2009 7:36:00 PM   
captainrentboy

quote:

Arms huge?! Compared to what-the tooth fairly?? Have a word with yourself! Compare him to the Stath or Christian Bale who aren't regarded as huge. As for his acting caliber, name me one good movie since oz.

Not to come off like a raging homosexual but he doesn't have puny arms, far from it, sure he's no Lou Ferringo but he's not particularly weedy either.
Annnyway, be buying the mag tomorrow, I'm looking forward to Clash so I wanna hear some new stuff about it.

(in reply to juangaz)
Post #: 16
Grow up, children - 2/10/2009 1:10:06 AM   
Hector26

Come on, you guys always jump to critizising up and coming new actors who are new to the mantle. Fine, go back to having Vin Diesel, Matt Dillon, Ben Affleck playing the lead role every time (and you still mock them) even if Christian Bale was cast as Perseus you wuld still tear him to pieces because 'you' think he was crap as John Conner(when you same guys thought Nik Stahl's T3 was ok...get a grip, pricks!)...he was sensational and gave it a whole new dimention! Sam Worthington is THE future Kapeesh!!!

Post #: 17
Missing - 2/10/2009 7:29:05 AM   
funtasticrich

Where is my copy Empire? It should have come through my door days ago.

Post #: 18
Frickin - 2/10/2009 11:22:52 AM   
Andybee76

Postal strikes stopping me from reading this!!! Bloody work shy bastards!!! God forbid anybody with a real job e.g. Doctors, Nurses, Firemen and the police were to strike and they would be within their rights too!!!

Post #: 19
RE: RE:RE: lucky! - 2/10/2009 11:44:54 AM   
Gretzky

quote:

ORIGINAL: captainrentboy

quote:

Not to come off like a raging homosexual but he doesn't have puny arms, far from it, sure he's no Lou Ferringo but he's not particularly weedy either.
Annnyway, be buying the mag tomorrow, I'm looking forward to Clash so I wanna hear some new stuff about it.

My point exactly. Compared to the average bloke on the street, he is *built*. And I'm a lady so I can say that with now qualms whatsoever!

He's had one Hollywood film released since 'leaving' Australian film and that's Salvation. Which I really liked, even if it's not a patch on Cameron's Terminator films. As Hector also says, fanboys will be all over him once Avatar's released...

~ Formerly Ash_Boomstick
Female Film Fan

(in reply to captainrentboy)
Post #: 20
NEWS: Sam Worthington in new war film. - 2/10/2009 12:08:22 PM   
judd kolo

I am indirectly involved in film distribution in Australia and the rumor over the past few months is that Sam Worthington has been attached to play an Australian war surgeon ( Craig Jurisevic) in a new war film to be directed by Eva Orner. Apparently based on his Kosovo war experience. I have researched the guy ( i.e., googled him) and he is a trauma surgeon in South Australia who somehow ended up fighting with the Kosovo Liberation Army against Milosevic forces during the ethnic cleansing campaign in Kosovo in 1999. Rumored to have set up a surgical unit in a cave at the frontline and conducted many patrols behind enemy lines to save fleeing refugees and injured fighters. Also worked with some US Special Forces during that conflict. Returned home quietly but subsequently joined the Australian Army in 2006 and was decorated for service in East Timor and Afghanistan. He is due to release a book in early 2010, but apparently the movie hawks have latched onto it even before its release. It has been quite hush- hush but a reliable source has told me that Worthington in soon to visit Australia to me the character he is going to play……

Has anyone got any more news?

If not, spread the word so that we can dig up some more info about this rising star.

Cheers !!!!

Post #: 21
NEWS: Sam Worthington in new war film. - 2/10/2009 12:10:55 PM   
judd kolo

I am indirectly involved in film distribution in Australia and the rumor over the past few months is that Sam Worthington has been attached to play an Australian war surgeon ( Craig Jurisevic) in a new war film to be directed by Eva Orner. Apparently based on his Kosovo war experience. I have researched the guy ( i.e., googled him) and he is a trauma surgeon in South Australia who somehow ended up fighting with the Kosovo Liberation Army against Milosevic forces during the ethnic cleansing campaign in Kosovo in 1999. Rumored to have set up a surgical unit in a cave at the frontline and conducted many patrols behind enemy lines to save fleeing refugees and injured fighters. Also worked with some US Special Forces during that conflict. Returned home quietly but subsequently joined the Australian Army in 2006 and was decorated for service in East Timor and Afghanistan. He is due to release a book in early 2010, but apparently the movie hawks have latched onto it even before its release. It has been quite hush- hush but a reliable source has told me that Worthington in soon to visit Australia to me the character he is going to play……

Has anyone got any more news?

If not, spread the word so that we can dig up some more info about this rising star.

Cheers !!!!

Post #: 22
RE: Clash of the Titans Exclusive - 4/10/2009 12:25:10 AM   
boristhespie

For me this is looking like it is taking itself too seriously. CLash of the Titans was aboys own adventure. Light and Colourful. This looks grey and dull. More of the same old same old. I hope I am wronf but this looks like one reboot that will leave me feeling cold. The fun and colour of the original isn't there.

Badges, We don' need no stinking badgees.

Post #: 23
RE: Two In A Row! - 4/10/2009 8:26:02 PM   
target

quote:

ORIGINAL: chizmund

So, Sam Worthington is the cover star two months in a row, eh? Who was the last person to do that? In fact, has anyone ever done that?!

Adam Sandler was on the cover a record 13 times in a row!! sams got his work cut out if he's going to beat the sandler!

Might not be true.

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to chizmund)
Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Clash of the Titans Exclusive Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI