Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Miller and Larter Join Resident Evil 4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Miller and Larter Join Resident Evil 4 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Miller and Larter Join Resident Evil 4 - 22/9/2009 9:43:13 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
cynism Empire? - 22/9/2009 9:43:13 AM   
waltham1979

The first film is a guilty pleasure of mine so quite looking forward to this (although I wait till the DVD). But at least its not news about a remake or a re-imagining or whatever the hell that means!! Shame they are not bringing that hot, skinny chick back from the second one!!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Classic Siege Thriller and Zombies? - 22/9/2009 10:16:01 AM   
The Equalizer

Don't you mean Night Of The living Dead?

Post #: 3
- 22/9/2009 10:23:16 AM   
SKUSH Man

I watched Andersons last directional effort recently and turned it off half way. The third was the most watchable so a return to the directors chair makes this less exciting news.

Post #: 4
- 22/9/2009 11:43:10 AM   
Bluehawk

Wtf, just 2 days ago I was dreaming up this scenario about a zombie attack on a prison. It's a fantastic location agains zombies: available weapons, hardend people, cells, watchtowers...it's sooo cool :)

Post #: 5
A bad infection! - 22/9/2009 11:49:26 AM   
jonny.m89

As a Huge fan of the original Resident Evil Game series, (0,1,2,3,4,5) I am truly gutted about the lackluster film franchise that we have been infected (sorry) with. Lets face it, the games are like films themselves, thats why they work so well, however, a poor story writer and script writer has gotten their hands on it, and destroyed they integrity of the story and made it mindless zombie shoot em up, that know one cares about... I mean... Who/what the Fuck is Alice... Truly Furious!

Post #: 6
Assault on Precinct 13? - 22/9/2009 12:03:58 PM   
top_ash

wernt that set in a police station? Prison, zombies? sounds alot like the Walking Dead to me..

Post #: 7
First he rips off ROMERO now he is ripping off CARPENTE... - 22/9/2009 12:31:28 PM   
Horrorguru

Lets face it GEORGE A. ROMERO invented the zombie genre as we know it and no one can make a film about the dead with such vision and humour. Paul W. Anderson is a hack who has upset RESIDENT EVIL Games fans by writing and directing these bastard abortion PG13 shite. The films are shit simple as.
Get Romero to direct a film based upon the game RESIDENT EVIL 2 and it could turn the franchise around, until then fans of this film franchise are thick, because lets face it anderson must be taking the piss out of his audience by directing such horrid turgid pap.

Post #: 8
Bring it on! - 22/9/2009 1:56:21 PM   
RetroWizzy

This is all good news! I like the games, but I absolutely love these films and the third was the best yet! Got high hopes for this one, but I've yet to be disappointed in this series. As long as Milla Jovovich is kicking zombie arse, they'll get my money every time!

Post #: 9
Still alive? - 22/9/2009 4:59:30 PM   
rich

At least the game series had the decency to bow out after the last not so great installment. Who is paying to see this crap?

Post #: 10
Empire snobbery at it's best! - 22/9/2009 7:02:06 PM   
guitardave

I love the way Empire gets all snobby and patronising when it comes to Resident Evil... Some of us like our zombie films, and would much rather watch them than the latest tedious Russell Crowe epic. Still... patronise away if it makes you feel really superior and clever, I'm sure this one will do aswell as the previous films and we'll get a fifth - at least, I hope so, can't wait for this one!

Dave

Post #: 11
Assault On JackShit! - 22/9/2009 7:31:47 PM   
BenTramer

A siege situation invovling zombies? Hmm, sounds like EVERY George A. Romero zombie flick ever made! "Night of the Living Dead" was a siege in a house. "Dawn of the Dead" was a siege in a shopping mall. "Day of the Dead" was a siege on an army base. And Carpenter's "Assault On Precinct 13" was heavily influenced by "Night of the Living Dead" right down to the then-unusual black hero. If they're going to rip off superior movies, they should at least be honest!

Post #: 12
well done. - 22/9/2009 9:34:21 PM   
Snake-Eyes

I actually have to rate Mr. Anderson in a way - he MUST know that his films are utter shite but he ALSO knows that there is a post-cinema dvd afterlife for teenage boys who will buy the film as part of a PS3 deal at HMV. Well Done Paul, you smart, loaded , untalented bastard, you!

Post #: 13
RE: well done. - 25/9/2009 5:44:05 PM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes
dvd afterlife for teenage boys who will buy the film as part of a PS3 deal at HMV. Well Done Paul

Bwah ha HAAAA!

These films suck ass, we know this to be true, but they wouldn't be so bad if they weren't shitting on a well loved universe.  Please stop.  Now, I'll never get to see Chris Redfield beat the shit out of Super-Wesker at the cinema.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Hewitt
so by transplanting brain-eating ghouls into that scenario, then Anderson returning to writing/directing duties for the first time since the 2002 original might, repeat might, be onto a winner.

Except of course that he isn't transplanting brain eating ghouls into Precinct 13's scenario.  Precinct 13 was transplanting gangs into Night of The Living Dead. 

Gah!

< Message edited by Invader_Ace -- 25/9/2009 5:48:25 PM >

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 14
RE: well done. - 25/9/2009 6:53:31 PM   
Rgirvan44

They are junk food, but can be pretty enjoyable. I didn't mind the first three, indeed had a lot of fun with 2 + 3. Rather Anderson was doing this than a franchise I actully give a damn about.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Miller and Larter Join Resident Evil 4 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI