Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 3/10/2012 2:03:43 PM   
paulyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

I didnt bother with Season 6, How easy would it be to start from Season 7?

Not sure to be honest, there's a plot thread with Masuka's new assistant computer whizz who's seemingly up to something that's carrying over into Season 7, but that aside there wasn't a whole lot to miss in the grand scheme of things.

Maybe just read through the episode descriptions on Wiki to bring yourself up to speed? If not watching the last episode or two should do it.

Up to you really.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 211
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 3/10/2012 5:07:16 PM   
homersimpson_esq

I don't understand why you'd bother carrying on if you didn't watch season 6, tbh. Either watch it all or don't... There are developments between Dex and Deb as well.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 212
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 3/10/2012 8:07:00 PM   
Scruffybobby

A great start to the season, really looking forward to what happens next

I want to taste you like yogurt.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 213
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 3/10/2012 8:49:05 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

I don't understand why you'd bother carrying on if you didn't watch season 6, tbh. Either watch it all or don't... There are developments between Dex and Deb as well.

I didn't particularly like S6, thought it was pretty crap and the developments you mention here were hideous. I couldn't believe they'd written that into the show. I very nearly stopped watching it!

I was disappointed and frustrated by the opening 20 mins or so of S7 particularly because Dexter wasn't even coming up with proper excuses. He was just limply deflecting and/or ignoring Deb's direct questions. And she was just accepting them rather than needling him further. Well, obviously we know she didn't stop being suspicious, but the fact she helped him cover up Travis' death was really bloody annoying.

I am glad she kept pushing the matter and agree with everyone else here that the end of Ep 1 was far better than the end of last season. It's ashame I spent the previous 30 mins or so flip flopping between 'this is bullshit' and 'actually this might be ok.'

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

Post #: 214
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 3/10/2012 8:49:28 PM   
Reidy

A superb opening. Really sets us up nicely for what is to follow.

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 215
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 5/10/2012 11:41:18 AM   
shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

quote:

I didn't particularly like S6, thought it was pretty crap and the developments you mention here were hideous. I couldn't believe they'd written that into the show. I very nearly stopped watching it!

Exactly this. Started watching it and the quality was no where near as good as the first couple of seasons, hence I gave up on it.

Life is too short to spend it watching sub quality TV.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 216
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 8/10/2012 5:05:58 PM   
Scruffybobby

SPOILERS

Couple of nasty little moments in this week's episode (screwdriver in the eye, truck splatting convict). Can't really see Deb's plan for Dex being successful however much they both want it to be. Subplots are starting to heat up a bit and it looks like  Dexter seems to be about to be in a lot of bother with a lot of people. With Deb knowing his secret, La Guerta getting closer and Louis the tech guy's own weird agenda. Should be interesting

Other thoughts: Quinn's still letting "little Joey" do his thinking for him - can't see that ending well. Was surprised to see Yvonne Strahovksi in next weeks promo - didn't know she was going to be on the show. Looks like it could be quite a juicy role as well.

< Message edited by Scruffybobby -- 9/10/2012 6:32:36 PM >

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 217
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 8/10/2012 11:10:14 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Damnit. I always turn off before the pointless "next week..." bits. I'll watch next week's episode next week, thanks. That way, any nice surprises can be surprises...

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

Post #: 218
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 8/10/2012 11:49:43 PM   
jobloffski

Good stuff so far in S7 lots of potential problems for Dexter being set up. S6 was a bit gimmicky, but still liked it. S7 on the other hand, has lots of potential obstacles for 'Dexter to have to get over and so far not entirely dependent on a big bad but upon consequences of previous Dexter actions, so, so far, so good.

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 9/10/2012 12:03:41 AM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

Post #: 219
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 9/10/2012 6:35:54 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

Damnit. I always turn off before the pointless "next week..." bits. I'll watch next week's episode next week, thanks. That way, any nice surprises can be surprises...

Sorry for any damage done Homer, none intended. I've put the name in invisotext now. Hope that will prevent any further damage

Post #: 220
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 9/10/2012 10:44:04 PM   
homersimpson_esq

No harm no foul. She is a lovely lovely lady, so I'm happy if she's in it.

Especially as Dexter is on Showtime, and as such has a tendency for the ladies to be free and easy with their clothing...

/pervert

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 221
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 10/10/2012 3:01:23 PM   
nomimalone

quote:

Especially as Dexter is on Showtime, and as such has a tendency for the ladies to be free and easy with their clothing...

/pervert

Yes.

Post #: 222
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 10/10/2012 3:17:23 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: nomimalone

quote:

/pervert

Yes.

Yes  indeed. Nowt worng wi that however I believe the lady in question does tend to employ a non-nudity clause. You never know though.

(in reply to nomimalone)
Post #: 223
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 15/10/2012 11:59:50 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Episode 3 spoilers

Nothing revealing this week. Ah well.

Glad Louis has gone. He was annoying.

Bit frustrated with how quickly the MASSIVE REVELATION THAT DEB NOW KNOWS THAT DEXTER IS A SERIAL KILLER has been resolved into, "ohhhhhh, I get it". Couple of episodes and Deb will be helping him choose his plastic sheeting at this rate.

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 224
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 20/11/2012 7:40:35 AM   
Chojin

I didn't expect this thread to be on Page 3! Have a lot of people dropped the series?

I'm enjoying it as always for what it is despite the awkwardness with Deb now knowing the secret and seeing it played out in a weekly change of emotion and opinion. Ray Stevenson was an excellent choice for the big bad this season, I think he's the most interesting villain since Trinity. The scene in the bar last night was just gripping, edge of your seat entertainment. You really start to empathise with Issac.

As always the key to a good season of Dexter is an epic villain, and I think the show has succeeded this year.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 225
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 20/11/2012 7:47:14 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

I didn't expect this thread to be on Page 3! Have a lot of people dropped the series?

I'm still going with it, but I'm really bored of it these days. I think the show is pretty tired and I can't believe there's going to be another season, possibly two.

I had been hoping they'd drop the whole 'Deb in love with Dexter' shit, but nope. That really has to be one of the worst storylines out there.

Nothing is really keeping me watching this show now asides from the fact I'm pretty stubborn and anal and once I've started something I like to finish it.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 226
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 20/11/2012 8:42:21 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Of the three shows on a Monday - Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, Homeland - Dexter is invariably the one I go for first.

Interesting to see Astor and Cody back again for the first time in ages. They've grown up a lot.

I agree about the Debs in love thing. That's...mental.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 227
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 21/11/2012 7:23:58 AM   
Chojin

quote:

Of the three shows on a Monday - Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, Homeland - Dexter is invariably the one I go for first.

Interesting to see Astor and Cody back again for the first time in ages. They've grown up a lot.

I only have the two but Dexter is always first (The Walking Dead & Dexter) and my lodger likes a bit of Homeland but his watching preferences always come second.

< Message edited by Chojin -- 21/11/2012 7:24:14 AM >

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 228
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 21/11/2012 9:05:44 PM   
Reidy

quote:

Dexter is second to Boardwalk Empire in those three.

Post #: 229
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 21/11/2012 10:58:07 PM   
Sway

I tried so hard with Boardwalk Empire but finally gave it up after S1. Ugh, couldn't bear anymore of it.

So it would be Homeland followed by Dexter for me. However I am also watching the current season of Sons of Anarchy and if I happen to have the three shows to watch on the same day I'd always start with Sons, then Homeland and then Dexter.

< Message edited by Sway -- 21/11/2012 10:59:12 PM >

(in reply to Reidy)
Post #: 230
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 22/11/2012 10:06:52 AM   
shool

Walking Dead FTW

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 231
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 22/11/2012 10:46:24 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

Walking Dead FTW

Get out.

I gave up after S02E01 when I realised I actually didn't give a shit about any of the characters.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 232
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 17/12/2012 8:35:53 PM   
Scruffybobby

So... SPOILERS

Deb is now a murderer. She really must love Dexter.

This has been a rather overblown season but good fun. I can't held but think though that I'd really like to see Dex get his comeuppance in season 8. I think they may go down the route of making him a pure monster. I'll be keen to see where they go with it

Post #: 233
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 18/12/2012 7:11:53 AM   
Chojin

I was really enjoying the season with Issac but once he was taken out with a few episodes still to go the season soon lost its appeal to me. The remaining episodes just played out and weren't nearly as exciting or engaging. The big twist at the end was really unexpected.

(i'm really hoping by now that people are caught up and not venturing into this thread post-finale expecting no spoilers!)

SPOILERS!!!! **************

I was expecting Deb to put her gun down and let Dex finish La Guertta but her action was totally out of character, she's changed so much in one season she's getting to be more fucked up than Dexter. As always, interested to see how this plays out next season.

Personally though, I would have preferred Dexter to finish the job and take a step toward being a killer without morals that we still root for anyway rather than focusing on Deb again. We've already had one season of her being a nervous wreck and going off the rails - I can see this being a major theme for next season.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 234
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 18/12/2012 10:28:00 AM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

I was really enjoying the season with Issac but once he was taken out with a few episodes still to go the season soon lost its appeal to me. The remaining episodes just played out and weren't nearly as exciting or engaging. The big twist at the end was really unexpected.

(i'm really hoping by now that people are caught up and not venturing into this thread post-finale expecting no spoilers!)

SPOILERS!!!! **************

I was expecting Deb to put her gun down and let Dex finish La Guertta but her action was totally out of character, she's changed so much in one season she's getting to be more fucked up than Dexter. As always, interested to see how this plays out next season.

Personally though, I would have preferred Dexter to finish the job and take a step toward being a killer without morals that we still root for anyway rather than focusing on Deb again. We've already had one season of her being a nervous wreck and going off the rails - I can see this being a major theme for next season.

I found this season of Dexter a real chore to watch I have to admit. It started well, but I just think after 7 seasons it's all starting to wear a bit thin. Still, I'm a stubborn boot, and I don't like dropping shows mid-way through seasons if I've stuck with it for so long.

Anyway I completely expected Deb to shoot La Guerta at the end - to me it seemed the obvious culmination of how Deb's character has evolved this season. It certainly would have been out of character in any of the previous seasons, but she's slowly become more and more involved with Dexter's killing as this series has gone on. She was initially horrified about her discovery and tried to stop him, and then she thanked him for one of his kills... she's covered up for him and she's even planted or tampered with evidence for him. To use a well known phrase around here, it was only a matter of time really.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 235
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 13/2/2013 2:38:22 PM   
paulyboy

**SPOILERS!**

Just finished off the latest season, better than 6, but still a long way short of Dexter's best.

That said Ray Stevenson was just beyond awesome, charisma, charm and menace to spare that man has, was gutted when his character snuffed it.

As for the ending, could kind of see it heading that way, god knows what they'll do now. I really hope the last season doesn't just end with him getting away with it, again, as he always does, that's been happening for 7 seasons now.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 236
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 8 - 30/3/2013 2:12:05 PM   
Scruffybobby

Teaser for season 8 which is starting a couple of months earlier than normal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKERHQcNtEE

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 237
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 14/5/2013 9:46:38 AM   
JagLover

Just finished it at UK speed

As a whole S7 still had some of the problems of the previous two seasons in the weak writing of many parts, but I thought this was the best season since S4.

The main reason for that was a refocus on Dexter and his key relationships. Rather than season long 'big bads' that became increasing far fetched and implausable.

I can appreciate what some have said about it feeling tired at times, but after S7 I could happily watch another two seasons.

Interesting where they go from here, it may be that killing LaGuerta is what finally gets Dexter caught, as her death will not go unnoticed.

Post #: 238
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 26/5/2013 12:09:42 PM   
Invader_Ace

I think this series was a bit of a mixed bag, but overall it was disappointing. I can't get past the fact that Debs finding out should have blown the whole series' conceit apart, instead it played out, just like everything that came before. Dexter trying to live his life while battling a big bad, only with a few angsty chats with Debs every now and again. I really feel it is time to nuke the whole formula for the last series. I wil;l now do what is known as "Jobloffski"

What I would absolutely love to see is Miami Metro actually do some detective work and figure out Dexter is the killer, put a task force together and force him to go on the run.
Debs involvement to remain secret, so she gets to stay on the force as a mole/sabateur.
Angel, now retired, to go after Dexter, with mixed emotions about bringing in his friend.
Dexter on the run plagued by his delusions. So, Harry trying to keep him calm and safe. His brother trying to convince him this is the best thing to ever happen as now he is free to be himself and get his murder on whenever he wants. and Doakes! Constantly berating him and telling him how sick he is. "I'm the only Dark Passenger you got to worry about, Motherfucker!"

Wrap the whole thing up with a massive stand-off, Debs shoots Dexter in front of Harrison and finish the series with some ambiguity over whether she raises Harrison with or without the code.

< Message edited by Invader_Ace -- 26/5/2013 12:12:53 PM >

(in reply to JagLover)
Post #: 239
RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 - 27/5/2013 1:55:06 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

I think this series was a bit of a mixed bag, but overall it was disappointing. I can't get past the fact that Debs finding out should have blown the whole series' conceit apart, instead it played out, just like everything that came before. Dexter trying to live his life while battling a big bad, only with a few angsty chats with Debs every now and again. I really feel it is time to nuke the whole formula for the last series. I wil;l now do what is known as "Jobloffski"

What I would absolutely love to see is Miami Metro actually do some detective work and figure out Dexter is the killer, put a task force together and force him to go on the run.
Debs involvement to remain secret, so she gets to stay on the force as a mole/sabateur.
Angel, now retired, to go after Dexter, with mixed emotions about bringing in his friend.
Dexter on the run plagued by his delusions. So, Harry trying to keep him calm and safe. His brother trying to convince him this is the best thing to ever happen as now he is free to be himself and get his murder on whenever he wants. and Doakes! Constantly berating him and telling him how sick he is. "I'm the only Dark Passenger you got to worry about, Motherfucker!"

Wrap the whole thing up with a massive stand-off, Debs shoots Dexter in front of Harrison and finish the series with some ambiguity over whether she raises Harrison with or without the code.

It was really weird watching this season having read the books. Pretty much everything that happens with Deb and La Guerta happens in he first book with some added twists, but basically Deb pretty much accepts what Dexter is and there isn't much emotional upheaval whatsoever. That's said I've only read the first 3 so maybe something happens later on.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Dexter US Speed - Season 7 Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI